|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Khans of Tarkir (KTK)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
- If there is an ability on your field increasing the power of creatures you control, is a new creature entering the battlefield considered to have the increased power upon entry, or does the effect apply after the card enters?
- when are you considered to control a creature?
- What resolves first when casting Genesis Hydra?
- Does Nissa's ult trigger Temur ascendancy's card draw?
- Temur Ascendancy + morph
Creatures you control have haste.
Whenever a creature with power 4 or greater enters the battlefield under your control, you may draw a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (31)||Ashy , rikertchu , Antiat , pokemate0 , Nemesis , Riders_of_Brohan , thetechzombie , darthnuchi , Caldazar , ironax , Halphinian , Cyrk , the.beanpole , sneferie , SpottedGee , gildan_bladeborn , 7vennum7 , sonnet666 , saj0219 , duff87 , bakeraj4 , , philktoken8998 , meowCat1234 , mziter501 , mazrimtaim , jstn.mrrtt , PTsmitty , The_Munchkin , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , MrCrazzyc|
Temur Ascendancy Discussion
1 day ago
So I like the idea. For a few key improvements I suggest the following:
Lower your CMC on ramp spells. For example replace Explosive Vegetation with Nature's Lore and Kodama's reach with Farseek and maybe add Rampant Growth. As described in the Command Zone primer, you want to get Animar out as soon as possible, so low cost ramp means you get to spend it mostly on turns 2-3.
Replace evacuation with Cyclonic Rift. It is universally better.
Instead of Fires of Yavimaya you can use Temur Ascendancy for the slight chance that you hard cast something without morph, in which case you get to draw cards. But this is really up to you
Icefeather Aven is really good cause you can bounce creatures to re-use them or opponents creatures for protection
Den Protector to get stuff from the grave! So good.
Also I think your land count is too high. I'd drop at least 35 personally, cause even if you're drawing cards later in the game, lands are dead in your hand, especially since Animar psuedo-ramps you.
That is it for now and I hope I have been helpful! If you need more ideas you can also check my list in my page, "Its all natural"
3 days ago
Hey, I recommend more ramp, more draw and more land.
Cards to consider adding:
- Temur Ascendancy: draw when Dragons ETB and haste for Dragons
- Elemental Bond: draw when Dragons ETB
- Kindred Discovery: draw when Dragons ETB and attack
- Vizier of the Menagerie: cast Dragons from top of library with any lands
- Painful Truths: draw three cards for three mana and three life
- Dragonspeaker Shaman: reduce all Dragons CMC by 2 is good
- Dragonlord's Servant: two drop who reduces all Dragons CMC by 1
- Farseek: land ramp, tutor for a Battle land
- Cultivate: land ramp, tutor for any two Basic lands
- Sol Ring: one of the best ramp cards for Commander
- Fellwar Stone: two drop ramp that can help to make five colors
- Commander's Sphere: three drop ramp that can help to make five colors
- Command Tower: one of the best lands for Commander, can make any one color
- Exotic Orchard
- Savage Lands: if playing tapped lands then the Tri lands are better options
- Jungle Shrine
- Frontier Bivouac
- Sandsteppe Citadel
- Opulent Palace
- Cinder Glade: Battle lands are two different land types and they work well in a manabase with lots of Basic lands.
- Canopy Vista
- Sunken Hollow
- Smoldering Marsh
- Prairie Stream
Cards to consider cutting:
- Aid from the Cowl
- Awaken the Sky Tyrant
- Blood Mist
- Dragon Roost
- Elephant Guide
- Sight of the Scalelords
- Day of the Dragons
- Durable Handicraft
- Spiteful Motives
- Vessel of Volatility
- Heroes' Podium
- Hero's Blade
- Stoneforge Masterwork
- Acrobatic Maneuver
- Crash Through
- Dramatic Reversal
- Inspiring Roar
- Death by Dragons
- Rolling Thunder
- Splendid Reclamation
- Kolaghan Monument
- Bloodfell Caves
- Scoured Barrens
- Thornwood Falls
- Wind-Scarred Crag
Dragons are already big enough with lots of power you don't need to play a lot of cards that increase Dragons power and toughness. Crucible of Fire is fine because this is a huge boost for all Dragons for only one four mana card, but other than this card you can cut all the others. Temur Ascendancy and Elemental Bond are budget three mana enchantments that can give you a ton of card advantage with Dragons. Drawing a card whenever a Dragon you cast enters the battlefield(ETB) is very good. Ascendancy also gives Dragons haste which is a nice added bonus.
I suggest adding more ramp because Dragons and your Commander, The Ur-Dragon have very high converted mana costs(CMC). Ramp can help to pay for these costs and play Dragons faster in a game than waiting until turn six or seven plus to play a Dragon. Dragonspeaker Shaman and Dragonlord's Servant only effect your Dragons, by reducing the CMC.
Land ramp is another way to ramp as well as help you find lands of the right colors to match the cards in your hand. Cultivate and Farseek are early game cards that can land ramp. Cultivate can only tutor for two Basic lands putting one of them directly into play and the other into your hand.
Farseek is two drop land ramp and it works with the Battle lands since they're two different type of lands, for instance Cinder Glade counts as a Forest and a Mountain. Farseek can tutor for any one of these Battle lands put it into play giving you more color choices.
Battle lands work well with Basic lands for a budget manabase you only need two Basic lands in your control to have any Battle land ETB untapped. This means you can use the mana from the land the turn you play it.
Sol Ring is a staple of Commander. Just about all decks play the card because it's amazing for one mana. Fellwar Stone is two drop ramp that depending on what colors your opponents are playing can make a color of mana. It can make mana no matter what, usually one of any of the five colors.
31x total lands is not enough land I suggest adding more land, 38-40x total lands. Playing a five color budget manabase means you need more land and Dragons have high CMCs. Adding Tri lands, lands that can make one of three different colors of mana help a lot for five color manabases.
Command Tower is a staple Commander card. It's a rainbow land it can make any color of mana because your Commander is all five colors. Exotic Orchard is like Fellwar Stone whatever colors of lands your opponents have in play it can make a mana of one of those colors. Like Tower it's a great budget land for a five color manabase.
Good luck with your deck.
3 days ago
Hi! Sweet deck, I mean it!
I really like all the bounce effects! Smart idea! I'm sure you can get a ton of accidental infinite combos in here!
Have you considered more morph and colorless creatures? So you don't have to rely so much on mana you can just cast stuff for free all day. You have some I see :)
Etali, Primal Storm might be a really fun one. lots of potential cast triggers!
Hope some of these help! Great start!
1 week ago
This deck looks freaking dope. I agree that it might not be as competitive as it could be but I can't deny it looks fun. Temur Ascendancy is a card I've been dying to see in Modern. All in all a creative brew. Mad props!
1 week ago
Yidris does well in 3 different decks though you can build many other ways too. These are just more common.
1) Value- This build works off great value cards like Selvala's Stampede and the expertise spells like Baral's Expertise. ETBs from Myr Battlesphere and cascading into Mulldrifter. Really just a more focused version of goodstuff.
2) Storm- I haven't played storm so I can't explain how it works with Yidris very well. Suffice to say Aetherflux Reservoir comes up as the win con often. Google yidris storm primer and you should find plenty of good information.
3) Voltron- I actually built him this way and it was awesome. Temur Ascendancy, Rage Reflection, Fireshrieker, Bear Umbra, Aggravated Assault are some of what was in there. A lot of double strike and haste with some hexproof and just swing turn after turn. One spell turns into 3 anytime you hit an opponent.
You can find some of the more commonly included stuff here https://edhrec.com/commanders/yidris-maelstrom-wielder
2 weeks ago
It's true. This satisfies my inner Timmy. I do have some haste in with Temur Ascendancy and Urabrask the Hidden. Purphoros, God of the Forge is a great add and I will look to acquire it. With Ancestral Statue he kills everyone at the table. I will dwell more on the bounce creatures. It feels good, I have to contemplate what to cut though. Thanks for the comment and upvote.
3 weeks ago
This deck actually looks amazing! Nice job!
I'm not sure how effectively I can make suggestions due to the unique nature of your deck, but at a glance, it looks like you might need a few more tutors to find your Deceiver of Form - even some usually-not-good-enough tutors like Diabolic Tutor and Razaketh's Rite might be just what you need. I'd also consider cutting cards like Insurrection, Natural Affinity, Temur Ascendancy, etc.
It's also quite possible that the whole legendary-creatures-plus-Mirror Gallery package is too cutesy, and it may well make your deck more effective to just replace all of the legendary creatures with non-legendary ones. Just looking at your maybeboard, I like Goblin Rabblemaster, Sharding Sphinx, Utvara Hellkite, etc.
1 month ago
I'm always a fan of some scion. I've been reworking my own list recently. I like to play reanimator shenanigans as much as the next guy, but it sucks when you get stuck with huge cards in your hand, like The Ur-Dragon or Nipple Bolas. The solution: Spellbound Dragon. Draw a card, pitch a card, do some good damage.
I love Cauldron Dance and your other instants, but could I interest you in a Cyclonic Rift? I hear it's a pretty good card in EDH.
I play mostly the same enchantments but I get tons of work out of Temur Ascendancy, usually.
Rite of Replication can do some dirty things with Keiga, or end the game outta nowhere with Scourge of Valkas, which you should absolutely have.
Uhh, Swords to Plowshares, Bring to Light, Birds of Paradise are all really good. I feel your pain on making a 5 color mana base on a budget, but good lands are one of the most important parts of a good deck. I've had success with the cycle of triple lands, a la Arcane Sanctum, and a full set of shocks, which was an investment. Good luck with Scion!