|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Khans of Tarkir (KTK)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
- If there is an ability on your field increasing the power of creatures you control, is a new creature entering the battlefield considered to have the increased power upon entry, or does the effect apply after the card enters?
- when are you considered to control a creature?
- What resolves first when casting Genesis Hydra?
- Does Nissa's ult trigger Temur ascendancy's card draw?
- Temur Ascendancy + morph
Creatures you control have haste.
Whenever a creature with power 4 or greater enters the battlefield under your control, you may draw a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (34)||Ashy , Antiat , pokemate0 , Nemesis , thetechzombie , darthnuchi , Caldazar , ironax , Halphinian , Cyrk , the.beanpole , sneferie , SpottedGee , gildan_bladeborn , , jstn.mrrtt , duff87 , rikertchu , Pro_Noob , marcus638 , Epidilius , Riders_of_Brohan , The_Munchkin , meowCat1234 , mziter501 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , saj0219 , philktoken8998 , 7vennum7 , PTsmitty , sonnet666 , bakeraj4 , Dimarx , MrCrazzyc|
|Want (26)||Dugrim , Gryffix , Slymaster9 , RoninH3RO , clongst , Massless , Zazzocalypse , AnonymousFox , kapteenik , oryandaw , Jpegwun , xXThormentXx , VosslerX , GldnUnicorn , golgariizzet , Alhanalm , NobleSlay3r , Warxuaroz , corys , relyks16 , irongills , kovellen , Blindoromo , mlouden03 , 2gherkins , npschu104|
Temur Ascendancy Discussion
4 weeks ago
I think you are missing the crucial card draw. I don't see many cards that add you card advantage in the early game. Also, I feel a couple extra turn cards wouldn't hurt with the ramp you possess in this deck.
Brainstorm, Ponder, Harmonize, Night's Whisper are some real efficient draw. Temur Ascendancy is also a utility draw piece I add if the deck has the colours and could draw me atleast 3 cards through out the game.
Also Ring of Three Wishes is a very good card in proliferate decks
I personally have a problem running less than 8 mana rocks as Armageddon is very much a played card in commander. Worn Powerstone, Commander's Sphere, Hedron Archive, Darksteel Ingot and Palladium Myr are guys I run any chance I have (granted most of these aren't that competitive, just great ramp)
Signets are also great mana fix that ramp you also.
Sylvan Scrying lets you look for any land card in your deck which I think is powerful considering some of the land in magic
1 month ago
Biggest issue I see here is a lack of focus and not enough creatures for a creatures only matter deck.
Animar, Soul of Elements wants two main things: Cast creatures and get +1/+1 counters to cast larger creatures. Everything in the deck should be focused on those two goals.
Setting up the deck to achieve this purpose will make it efficient and powerful. All cards should therefore do one of the following:
- Ramp up to Animar.
- Protect Animar.
- Place counters on Animar.
- Cast game ending creatures for cheap or free.
- Draw cards to allow us to do 1 through 4.
Priority should be given to cards that does something now > does something before your next turn > does something on your next turn > does something eventually.
Because Animar offers a discount based on creatures played, the deck shouldn't be filled with only high cmc game enders, but creatures from low to high cmc, preferably with as little colored mana symbols as possible, to give the deck a natural progression to casting free or cheap high cmc game ending creatures.
Let's split the deck into 3 parts. Pre-Animar setup, Post-Animar setup, Finale.
Note that $: (0 to 0.99), $$: (1.00 to 4.99), $$$: (5.00 to 9.99), $$$$: (10.00 to 19.99), !$!: (20.00+)
Unnecessary on a computer, very helpful on a phone.
- Exotic Orchard is pretty good and cheap and can usually offer every color in multiplayer, especially if an opponent has a Command Tower out or even a Vivid Grove without even needing charge counters. - Kazoo lands such as Simic Growth Chamber, Izzet Boilerworks, and Gruul Turf are good in casual EDH where there is lack of land destruction and they artifically increase your deck ammount by posing as two lands in one. Though overall you do not want too many tap lands as you'll constantly be a entire turn behind.
- Zhur-Taa Druid creature ramp & burn. $
- Bloom Tender creature ramp. !$!
- Coiling Oracle ramp or card draw. $
- Cyclonic Rift removal or 1-sided board wipe. $$$$
- Explore ramp and card Draw. $
- Sakura-Tribe Elder creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Sylvan Caryatid creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Beastcaller Savant creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Kiora's Follower creature ramp or vigilance on a stick. $
- Rattleclaw Mystic creature ramp and color fix. $
- Walking Atlas potentially free creature ramp. $
- Simic Charm so versatile. $
- Lightning Greaves Protection and quick haste for a large creature. $$
- Spellskite For those , & removals. $$$
- Ring of Kalonia Ramp every turn and makes Animar a lot more threatening. $
- Sage of Fables Emergency card draw. $$
- Pestermite Vigilance, chump blocker vs flying or stopping a giant creature. $
- Guided Passage One of the best card draw and pick your poison spells ever. $$
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal A creature hardened scales and specific tutor. $$
- Cloudstone Curio An auto include if you can afford it. $$$$
- Temur Ascendancy Makes all your casted creatures threatening and some card draw. $
- Phyrexian Metamorph Costs 2 life and can do so much for you. $$$
- Solemn Simulacrum Free ramp, chump blocker and card draw. $$
- Faerie Artisans It doesn't look like much, this is card can get crazy. $$
- Toothy, Imaginary Friend A growing monstrocity that explodes into cards. $$
- Silent Arbiter Protection against swarm decks. $$
- Xenagos, God of Revels Game ender. $$
- Vesuvan Shapeshifter On your upkeep, you may pay to clone the biggest and baddest mofo on the field. $
- Deepglow Skate Potential huge ramp for just . $$$
- Progenitor Mimic Very dangerous to copy one of the heavy hitters in this deck. $$
- Consecrated Sphinx All the card draw. $$$
- Deadwood Treefolk Repeatable creature recusion. $
- Steel Hellkite Situational, but very deadily against token decks. $
- Great Oak Guardian Great, quick surprise block when tapped out. $
- Pathbreaker Ibex Quick, game ender. $$
- Thunderfoot Baloth Setup for getting past defenses. $$
- Scourge of the Throne Depending on the situation, can be deadly. !$!
2 months ago
Maybe it's just me, but I've always felt that Scion of the Ur-Dragon made a much better dragon commander than The Ur-Dragon. Four less mana, an ability that doesn't care how many dragons are in play, and shapeshifting. I just don't feel the Eminence matches up as well.
I would recommend two cards however. Worldgorger Dragon and Flameshadow Conjuring. Between these two cards you can get infinite ETB triggers, infinite damage with Scourge of Valkas and Dragon Tempest, and infinite card draw with Temur Ascendancy.
2 months ago
3 months ago
I love dragon decks.
I think you can drop the curses here. Early turns are best spent ramping or playing set-up cards for your dragons. Maybe add a Thran Dynamo, Mana Vault, and, say, a Rattleclaw Mystic or other dork instead. Chromatic Lantern should also be in this deck one day. Maybe a Thought Vessel and a Darksteel Ingot if Dynamo and Vault are hard to find.
You also need to fix your mana. If you look at the wheel at the top right of this page, you'll see that your costs and available sources are out of balance. You want the inner pie to match the outer border so that your are more likely to draw the mana you need to cast the spells you are also most likely to draw (by color). If you can drop 3-4 W sources and add 4 R sources (by my estimate), you'll be in better shape. Don't be afraid to run basics.
Here are some of my favorite cards to play in dragon decks that aren't yet in this list (including everything from budget to pricey):
- Kindred Summons (much stronger here than Kindred Discovery)
- Temur Ascendancy (nice complement to elemental bond)
- Steely Resolve (faster than Asceticism)
- Genesis Wave (stupid good here)
- Sarkhan Unbroken (value)
- Descendants' Path
- Pattern of Rebirth
- Defense of the Heart
- Wild Pair
- Survival of the Fittest
- Sunbird's Invocation
- As Foretold
- Tooth and Nail
- Xenagos, God of Revels
- Chaos Warp
- Cyclonic Rift
- Sarkhan's Triumph
- Vanquisher's Banner
- Zirilan of the Claw
- Rimescale Dragon + snow-covered basics
- Dragonmaster Outcast
- Scourge of the Throne
- Dragon Mage
- Balefire Dragon
The big idea is to tune everything so you have, say, 4-6 broad answers like Chaos Warp, Comeuppance, Cyclonic Rift, and Vandalblast, a decent number of high-impact dragons (say, 20 or so), some support creatures, and then a bunch of enchantments and other spells that support cheating as many dragons into play as possible with cost reduction, free casts, and put-permanents-into-play effects. The dragons will win you the game. Play into them.
All that being said, you have a strong commander, good synergies, and lots of dragons. I've lost to this deck plenty of times. If you want to stay closer to your list, you will do fine, and I would recommend spending the most time on tightening your mana base.
Here is my Temur list in case it's of any help.
4 months ago
So I like the idea. For a few key improvements I suggest the following:
Lower your CMC on ramp spells. For example replace Explosive Vegetation with Nature's Lore and Kodama's reach with Farseek and maybe add Rampant Growth. As described in the Command Zone primer, you want to get Animar out as soon as possible, so low cost ramp means you get to spend it mostly on turns 2-3.
Replace evacuation with Cyclonic Rift. It is universally better.
Instead of Fires of Yavimaya you can use Temur Ascendancy for the slight chance that you hard cast something without morph, in which case you get to draw cards. But this is really up to you
Icefeather Aven is really good cause you can bounce creatures to re-use them or opponents creatures for protection
Den Protector to get stuff from the grave! So good.
Also I think your land count is too high. I'd drop at least 35 personally, cause even if you're drawing cards later in the game, lands are dead in your hand, especially since Animar psuedo-ramps you.
That is it for now and I hope I have been helpful! If you need more ideas you can also check my list in my page, "Its all natural"
4 months ago
Hey, I recommend more ramp, more draw and more land.
Cards to consider adding:
- Temur Ascendancy: draw when Dragons ETB and haste for Dragons
- Elemental Bond: draw when Dragons ETB
- Kindred Discovery: draw when Dragons ETB and attack
- Vizier of the Menagerie: cast Dragons from top of library with any lands
- Painful Truths: draw three cards for three mana and three life
- Dragonspeaker Shaman: reduce all Dragons CMC by 2 is good
- Dragonlord's Servant: two drop who reduces all Dragons CMC by 1
- Farseek: land ramp, tutor for a Battle land
- Cultivate: land ramp, tutor for any two Basic lands
- Sol Ring: one of the best ramp cards for Commander
- Fellwar Stone: two drop ramp that can help to make five colors
- Commander's Sphere: three drop ramp that can help to make five colors
- Command Tower: one of the best lands for Commander, can make any one color
- Exotic Orchard
- Savage Lands: if playing tapped lands then the Tri lands are better options
- Jungle Shrine
- Frontier Bivouac
- Sandsteppe Citadel
- Opulent Palace
- Cinder Glade: Battle lands are two different land types and they work well in a manabase with lots of Basic lands.
- Canopy Vista
- Sunken Hollow
- Smoldering Marsh
- Prairie Stream
Cards to consider cutting:
- Aid from the Cowl
- Awaken the Sky Tyrant
- Blood Mist
- Dragon Roost
- Elephant Guide
- Sight of the Scalelords
- Day of the Dragons
- Durable Handicraft
- Spiteful Motives
- Vessel of Volatility
- Heroes' Podium
- Hero's Blade
- Stoneforge Masterwork
- Acrobatic Maneuver
- Crash Through
- Dramatic Reversal
- Inspiring Roar
- Death by Dragons
- Rolling Thunder
- Splendid Reclamation
- Kolaghan Monument
- Bloodfell Caves
- Scoured Barrens
- Thornwood Falls
- Wind-Scarred Crag
Dragons are already big enough with lots of power you don't need to play a lot of cards that increase Dragons power and toughness. Crucible of Fire is fine because this is a huge boost for all Dragons for only one four mana card, but other than this card you can cut all the others. Temur Ascendancy and Elemental Bond are budget three mana enchantments that can give you a ton of card advantage with Dragons. Drawing a card whenever a Dragon you cast enters the battlefield(ETB) is very good. Ascendancy also gives Dragons haste which is a nice added bonus.
I suggest adding more ramp because Dragons and your Commander, The Ur-Dragon have very high converted mana costs(CMC). Ramp can help to pay for these costs and play Dragons faster in a game than waiting until turn six or seven plus to play a Dragon. Dragonspeaker Shaman and Dragonlord's Servant only effect your Dragons, by reducing the CMC.
Land ramp is another way to ramp as well as help you find lands of the right colors to match the cards in your hand. Cultivate and Farseek are early game cards that can land ramp. Cultivate can only tutor for two Basic lands putting one of them directly into play and the other into your hand.
Farseek is two drop land ramp and it works with the Battle lands since they're two different type of lands, for instance Cinder Glade counts as a Forest and a Mountain. Farseek can tutor for any one of these Battle lands put it into play giving you more color choices.
Battle lands work well with Basic lands for a budget manabase you only need two Basic lands in your control to have any Battle land ETB untapped. This means you can use the mana from the land the turn you play it.
Sol Ring is a staple of Commander. Just about all decks play the card because it's amazing for one mana. Fellwar Stone is two drop ramp that depending on what colors your opponents are playing can make a color of mana. It can make mana no matter what, usually one of any of the five colors.
31x total lands is not enough land I suggest adding more land, 38-40x total lands. Playing a five color budget manabase means you need more land and Dragons have high CMCs. Adding Tri lands, lands that can make one of three different colors of mana help a lot for five color manabases.
Command Tower is a staple Commander card. It's a rainbow land it can make any color of mana because your Commander is all five colors. Exotic Orchard is like Fellwar Stone whatever colors of lands your opponents have in play it can make a mana of one of those colors. Like Tower it's a great budget land for a five color manabase.
Good luck with your deck.