|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Nissa vs. Ob Nixilis (DDR)||Common|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elemental
Fertilid enters the battlefield with two +1/+1 counters on it.
, Remove a +1/+1 counter from Fertilid: Target player searches his or her library for a basic land card and puts it into play tapped. Then that player shuffles his or her library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (8)||CAPT.Shock , Friedrice24 , frederiklw , bakeraj4 , killstars , Reliva , rikertchu , TThors|
|Want (19)||airbournevirus , ferretgr , Georgez96 , shagreel , Turtlelover73 , Talistan , homerisms , mini_tb , Ryz , mango_channel , Clawsun73 , garrro01 , Gryffix , DeifiedExile , Hakira , dougalops , Loading_Error , mlouden03 , Ashcashcash|
1 week ago
I think you should put in Meren of Clan Nel Toth, and here are a list of most of the Ghave infinites:
- Ghave, Guru of Spores + Ashnod's Altar + Sigil Captain = infinite colorless mana, infinite tokens, all your creatures are infinite/infinite
- Ghave, Guru of Spores + Ashnod's Altar + Juniper Order Ranger = infinite colorless mana, infinite tokens, all your creatures are infinite/infinite
- Ghave, Guru of Spores + Ashnod's Altar + Cathars' Crusade = infinite colorless mana, infinite tokens, all your creatures are infinite/infinite
- Ghave, Guru of Spores + Ashnod's Altar + any creature with Undying = infinite colorless mana, infinite tokens, all your creatures are infinite/infinite
- Ghave, Guru of Spores + Ashnod's Altar + Doubling Season = infinite colorless mana, infinite tokens, all your creatures are infinite/infinite
- Ghave, Guru of Spores + Earthcraft + Doubling Season = infinite colored mana, infinite tokens, all your creatures are infinite/infinite
- Ghave, Guru of Spores + Earthcraft + Cathars' Crusade = infinite tokens, all your creatures are infinite/infinite
- Ghave, Guru of Spores + Earthcraft + any creature with Undying = infinite tokens, all your creatures are infinite/infinite (except the undying creature)
- Ghave, Guru of Spores + Earthcraft + Sigil Captain = infinite tokens
- Ghave, Guru of Spores + Earthcraft + Juniper Order Ranger = infinite tokens
- Ghave, Guru of Spores + Earthcraft + Paralell Lives = infinite tokens
- Ghave, Guru of Spores + Ashnod's Altar + Illusionist's Bracers= Infinite tokens
As you can see, most of the include: Earthcraft. I suggest adding in Earthcraft, Illusionist's Bracers, Mikaeus, the Unhallowed, Triskelion, Walking Ballista, Parallel Lives, and Strangleroot Geist(for the persist creature. Mikaeus, the Unhallowed with any other creature and it works the same way.)
I suggest taking out Nissa, Voice of Zendikar, Utopia Mycon, Fertilid, Thallid Soothsayer, Reyhan, Last of the Abzan, Rishkar, Peema Renegade, Krav, the Unredeemed, and Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest. To make this more competitive I'd also suggest auto-sac creatures like Fleshbag Marauder or Merciless Executioner.
Sorry if this isn't exactly what you were looking for, but Ghave, Guru of Spores is really quite the combo master.
1 month ago
Ghave is an incredible commander; great fun to play with :) I've got some suggestions for you, but since you've thus far managed to keep the deck's required budget pretty low, I've decided to divide my suggestions into low-budget and high-budget ones:
Low budget suggestions
- Fertilid: By using this creature to tutor your lands from your deck, you'll also be able to sift through your deck more efficiently.
- Rishkar, Peema Renegade: with all those counters flying around, there will be green mana aplenty for you!
- Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest: Ghave's sac ability makes this creature great fun to use. Especially since it pumps Ghave up as well.
- Second Harvest: in a token deck, this card can double most of your creature-force which makes it pretty powerful.
- Harvest Season: fantastic way to get lots of lands from your library in one go.
- Ashnod's Altar: this card could power a lot of different interesting combo's. I'll give you an example: Ghave, Guru of Spores + Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest + Ashnod's Altar can create infinite colorless mana: start the combo by removing a +1/+1 counter from Ghave to create a saproling, sacrifice it to Ashnod's altar to generate 2 colorless mana. By doing that, every creature you control gains a +1/+1 counter (including Ghave). Rinse and repeat.
High budget suggestions
- Reyhan, Last of the Abzan: never lose the +1/+1 counters you've already granted!
- Spike Weaver: wonderful creature that has the potential to make enemy combat basically useless.
- razaketh, the foulblooded : with this many tokens around, Razaketh becomes a great tool to fetch your win conditions.
- Anointed Procession/Parallel Lives/Doubling Season: pretty expensive cards but for a very good reason. These cards make Ghave a very, very hard commander to beat as the amount of tokens (and counters) you generate quickly becomes too insane to mention.
- Grave Pact/Dictate of Erebos: these make Ghave's sac ability even more powerful, not to mention any attempt to kill your Saprolings as well.
Hope any of this helps. Have fun brewing and playing this!
2 months ago
Here some cards to pimp your deck.
More ramp = more speed:
Control and removal
- Song of the Dryads
- Arcane Denial
- Cyclonic Rift
- Nature's Claim
- Swan Song
- Plasm Capture
- Simic Charm
- Beast Within
- Reality Shift
- Back to Nature
- Bane of Progress
- Krosan Grip
- Fuel for the Cause
2 months ago
Some interesting cards in here that I have overlooked before. I am high-jacking Launch the Fleet for my soldiers deck!
I would swap Ainok Guide for something like Fertilid. I hate how the Guide doesn't put the card in hand, but on top of the library (this screwed me at a pre-release when I didn't read the card thoroughly). Obviously, I have a personal bias.
Capitalize on an opportunity to play Wargate. ;)
3 months ago
I have included Fertilid as a kind of ramp-card. Rishkar, Peema Renegade helps getting more mana, but I think a few of these instant/sorcery ramp will be a good addition to this deck. Any thoughts as to what to leave out to make space for those cards?
4 months ago
I agree with the above statement that early game seems a bit rough. If you're looking for some good early creatures that help ramp, Fertilid and Sakura-Tribe Elder are 2 good options to help search up lands out of your deck. Another decent early game card with late game utility is Tireless Tracker. It gets out of control when you start playing multiple lands per turn, and it lets you draw cards for playing lands. Another decent mana doubler is Keeper of Progenitus. While it may help your opponents, that can be used as a political piece in your advantage. Finally, I'd recommend adding Slayers' Stronghold and Kessig Wolf Run to your lands. They're both great utility lands that work well with Zacama. Slayer's gives him haste when he enters and Kessig is just a good mana sink if you have nothing to do with your mana while Zacama is out.
I also run Zacama so I'm a big fan of seeing what other people are doing with it! Deck seems pretty sweet overall and I wish you the best of luck playing it!
4 months ago
msanchaez13, thank you for your comment! Fertilid looks like it would be awesome to put in. Yeah, not usually worried about hitting conspiracy. More fun to dump tokens, making people deal with that, and sac a creature, everyone sacs a creature. Perhaps a Zulaport Cutthroat, Falkenrath Noble, and Blood Artist?
I've played with a few tutors before, but Conspiracy is not the end all be all. I think you're right that I need more tutors to get cards for board state. Any suggestions on what to take out?
It was fun the one time I landed it. Killed off each opponent ishkanah machine gun style. Most of the time I sit and make big numbers of tokens, or creatures with lots of +1/+1 counters, and threaten the field that way. Very ineffective most of the time, nut fun messing with board state. Suggestions on what to pare down to put tutors and Zulaport Cutthroat type cards?
4 months ago
Needs moar Fertilid. Also more tutors for Conspiracy. The commander seems pretty weak in this deck without it, and I can't imagine you find it very often with just Increasing Ambition. Looks like a fun deck to pilot though!