|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
If an effect would create one or more tokens under your control, it creates twice that many of those tokens instead.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Anointed Procession Discussion
2 days ago
SoulsSlayerKnight Thanks for the input!
I've been rolling with White Weenie Vampires for the past couple of weeks and it's fast but gets blown out pretty hard by red and monogreen decks. WW right now gets stuffed by Chainwhirler decks hard and just is missing a couple of pieces to be consistent enough to beat control. My goal with this deck is to be mid-range and grind out games with good trades that gain me life, be more resilient to removal, and live long enough to get horses up and running.
That being said I think Mavren is awesome in the White Weenie list as a 2-of or 3-of. But here it doesn't feel like I have enough non-token vampires that stick around long enough to make him worth it. Also attacking with him never feels good and usually only nets you one or two tokens. He's almost always awesome in the WW lists, but rarely that awesome here. On the flip side he does force the opponent to use up a removal spell, which is nice.
I haven't tried Elenda yet, but she looks good enough to be a 1-of. I won't have time to grab a copy of her until next week.
I didn't even know Anointed Procession was a card (I just started playing again about a month or so ago). That's definitely something I'd like to have 2 or 3 of in the main board. It might be worth cutting the cast outs completely to play 3 of them in the main.
2 days ago
I like your idea, similar to what I have for one of my B/W token decks only I have lots more low costing creatures, always love to see vampire decks here :), I like how your trying to incorporate sunmare and in the description some angels, only problem with some are the costs being a bit high late game like dawnbringer but otherwise that'd be a great card to use if you can manage it for the cost.
Here's my list of what I think your doing great at for B/W tokens
- Queen's Commission and Call to the feast are perfect for this kind of deck
- Legion's Landing is 3x which is the best limit
- Legion zealot for card draws, lifelink will help with him
- Cast out and Fatal push are great for multiple situations
My list of possible improvements based on your thinking
- Have you considered Mavren Fein, Dusk Apostle? he's a good token maker but only if you have non-token vampires and quite a few that can strike for his effect to take place, otherwise I'd keep 2 or 3 in a deck at most.
2.If you can, Elenda, the Dusk Rose is a great creature for her token ability since if your tokens will be fading alot then her ability will skyrocket and take the field by lots of tokens. Its an idea
On a last note, if its possible, definitely get 2x Anointed Procession because it doubles your tokens when you summon them (bit costly of a card but worth it for your type deck). and if your sticking with what you have now, keep all but at least 2 mentioned.
I'd add 1x Elenda, the Dusk Rose and 2x Anointed Procession if I could. Replacing one of cast out, fatal push, and radiant destiny. Only other thing I can think of is to replace sunmare with the 2 creatures listed earlier
If you can, let me know what your primary goal or strategy is and I'll get back to you on what I can suggest based on your idea. Otherwise, great deck build and good luck with it, I hope some of these ideas may have helped, wrote alot, sry bout that and Thank you :)
4 days ago
So the immediate problem I see is that you're trying to run legendary and non-legendary cards together as a theme, while I think it can work just fine, it'll be very difficult to fit a tertiary theme, and it will be finicky sometimes because they will kinda of grind against each other. Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker only works with non-legendary creatures. If you get a few non-legendary creatures out with Jalira, Master Polymorphist and have Heroes' Podium it's going to feel kind of bad, but it'll feel pretty good to have a it with a bunch of legends. Mirari's Wake might fit better for you.
SO relatively, I only added white pretty recently and I only have 5 white cards. Felidar Guardian because it's basically twin combo with Saheeli Rai, but also works with Kiki-Jiki, Restoration Angel I view as a protection spell that just happens to work with Kiki-Jiki. Tamiyo, Field Researcher (combos with Doubling Season and is good value), Anointed Procession (more Doubling Season/Parallel Lives effects), and Teferi's Protection (should be in every deck that can run it as it protects from Cyclonic Rift).
So if I hadn't changed this deck recently I could probably use some of your ideas and then I'd put in Village Bell-Ringer but I don't actually have a reason to just untap most creatures for just value if I need to, having only 5 creatures with Untap abilities anymore, and they are more just either combos themselves or combo protection. Say if I have Tidewater Minion and Kiora's Follower and I go to combo off with Minion and someone just Doom Blade's it I can use Follower to untap Minion and then just float literally billions of mana, here I could use Village Bell-ringer and it'd be the same thing, but Kiora's Follower can untap land for me as well, Bell-ringer can't normally, for me. So if you have more activated abilities Bell-ringer will work for you, and I'd also recommend Thousand-Year Elixir and Illusionist's Bracers if you're not already running them.
I don't play cards that can give my opponents value. Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis is the only thing I run basically just for colors. I have to be in a tight spot in order to actually cast it, and it should be a partner commander combination but I had been at such a loss of what even to take out of the deck in order to get a partner combination in here. So I don't play cards like Selvala, Explorer Returned because she gives too much value to opponent's, and again I don't even play K&T unless I have to and I'd rather have partner commanders.
Just make sure all your Twin combo targets can do other things, like, I don't run Breaching Hippocamp because it doens't provide enough for me, while others like Zealous Conscripts can just take someone's Planeswalker and ult them or someone else's kiki-jiki and win, I've used Deceiver Exarch to tap down Blightsteel Colossus and prevent an attack. Interactions.
5 days ago
6 days ago
Arcum Dagsson is one of the most dangerous commanders in the game, you will probably be targeted first in every game if you use him against experienced players.
Breya, Etherium Shaper gives you access to most of the colors you want and can act as an alternate Win-Con, but doesn't threaten to end the game before it really begins.
All the Nonland Cards with Urza in the name probably won't do much for you and most of the vehicles would be better off as mana rocks like Basalt Monolith, Gilded Lotus and the Ravnica Signets. Plus if you're using those Paradox Engine is a really strong addition.
1 week ago
Craterhoof Behemoth would be a great finisher for this deck. Anointed Procession, Mirari's Wake, Marshal's Anthem, and Parallel Lives would also be really good enchantments to include for more tokens/buffs. Second Harvest can also do gross things if you have a decent amount of tokens.
2 weeks ago
Anointed Procession. How do you feel about that. Double angels. What would u take out. Id say abundant growth. Would double your ability to kill. If they somehow gain life, say your playing soul sisters
2 weeks ago
Ghave is an incredible commander; great fun to play with :) I've got some suggestions for you, but since you've thus far managed to keep the deck's required budget pretty low, I've decided to divide my suggestions into low-budget and high-budget ones:
Low budget suggestions
- Fertilid: By using this creature to tutor your lands from your deck, you'll also be able to sift through your deck more efficiently.
- Rishkar, Peema Renegade: with all those counters flying around, there will be green mana aplenty for you!
- Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest: Ghave's sac ability makes this creature great fun to use. Especially since it pumps Ghave up as well.
- Second Harvest: in a token deck, this card can double most of your creature-force which makes it pretty powerful.
- Harvest Season: fantastic way to get lots of lands from your library in one go.
- Ashnod's Altar: this card could power a lot of different interesting combo's. I'll give you an example: Ghave, Guru of Spores + Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest + Ashnod's Altar can create infinite colorless mana: start the combo by removing a +1/+1 counter from Ghave to create a saproling, sacrifice it to Ashnod's altar to generate 2 colorless mana. By doing that, every creature you control gains a +1/+1 counter (including Ghave). Rinse and repeat.
High budget suggestions
- Reyhan, Last of the Abzan: never lose the +1/+1 counters you've already granted!
- Spike Weaver: wonderful creature that has the potential to make enemy combat basically useless.
- razaketh, the foulblooded : with this many tokens around, Razaketh becomes a great tool to fetch your win conditions.
- Anointed Procession/Parallel Lives/Doubling Season: pretty expensive cards but for a very good reason. These cards make Ghave a very, very hard commander to beat as the amount of tokens (and counters) you generate quickly becomes too insane to mention.
- Grave Pact/Dictate of Erebos: these make Ghave's sac ability even more powerful, not to mention any attempt to kill your Saprolings as well.
Hope any of this helps. Have fun brewing and playing this!