: Add to your mana pool one mana of any colour in your commander's colour identity.
Sacrifice Commander's Sphere: Draw a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (14)||raymaverick97 , ZombieFood , KillDatBUG , pskinn01 , maR2307 , , MoJoMiXuP , xXThormentXx , rhinoloupe , ironax , HR19 , Lucretian , DarkMagician , TheRealPeaches|
|Want (4)||Turtlelover73 , Ariumlegion , theMarc , SkipYourDrawStep|
Commander's Sphere Discussion
11 hours ago
I'm just going to list off a bunch of cards that I think would benefit this deck a lot -
Also I see you have a grand total of five cards that keeps Ojutai untapped. Brave the Sands, Always Watching , Ajani Steadfast, Minamo, School at Water's Edge, Angelic Field Marshal, Heliod, God of the Sun are among the good ones in my opinion.
I'm finding I change a few cards in my deck once or twice a week, cause Ojutai isn't terribly synergistic. I'll be in touch as the deck changes/grows.
You're deck is very controlling and artifact centric, I like it a lot, there's room for refinement though. Impressive gear regardless, this deck works when it hits a few key cards I'll bet.
2 days ago
4 days ago
Unfortunately, Red, Blue and Black are all pretty lacking in terms of mana acceleration/fixing, so the deck will be very reliant on Mana Rocks (Artifacts). Some of the best ones I know of would be all of the signets, Izzet Signet, Rakdos Signet, and Dimir Signet. Chromatic Lantern is the best color fixer ever, period. There is also Darksteel Ingot, Coalition Relic, Commander's Sphere, and Fellwar Stone. If you wanted specifically land ramp, or fixing there is Wayfarer's Bauble, Armillary Sphere, and Gem of Becoming. Hope this helps
5 days ago
Why do you include the Obelisks but not Commander's Sphere, it's strictly better in EDH. Astral Cornucopia and Everflowing Chalice should both be on here as well especially with Atraxa, Praetors' Voice being a Commander.
1 week ago
Well I have the following in my 5 colour EDH deck:
There are a couple more as well, I had a look at your deck and only saw the Lotus Petal?
1 week ago
Good land ramp
Remove two counters and it's a power 1 or less creature that draws you a card!
Scry is almost carddraw!
Protection for your commander.
Good land to add
Makes daemons. Nice right?
Makes people think twice
you have a lot of black symbols
I think you might need more carddraw.I recommend 6-8 drawcards
one of the better draws
draws you a card every turn
multiple per turn if you're feeling it.
Drain a lot of people so you can fuel your carddraw
If you have too much mana, carddraw!
a really annoying card for your opponent.
Free token every turn?
Bring creatures back. then kill them, them bring them back!
bring big creatures back!
You like killing your own things right?
You can kill your own creatures and get carddraw
2 weeks ago
MSL2395: But Avacyn must never cease purifying! OwO
But seriously, the decks don't have TOO much in common - it's not hard to maintain them both.
Um, lemme think about the essentials here...
You definitely need SOME kind of ramp to get The Locust God out earlier. I'm using the best ramp I can find, along with Paradox Engine. But cheaper cards like Coldsteel Heart and Commander's Sphere can work over expensive options like Mana Crypt in a pinch. Or maybe one-shot rituals like Seething Song...
Other than that, the only "essentials" are hardcore draw effects (and maybe a non-combat win-con or two, if you can't push through damage with creatures for whatever reason). Specific (and mostly cheap) cards that seem like a "must" to me:
Jace's Archivist, Whirlpool Warrior, Consecrated Sphinx, Purphoros, God of the Forge, Winds of Change, Alhammarret's Archive, Brainstorm, Mindmoil, Arjun, the Shifting Flame, Shared Animosity, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth (somewhat interchangeable with Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre), and Magus of the Wheel. Windfall is a good substitute for Wheel of Fortune in a pinch.
2 weeks ago
Considering your deck's theme, I'd suggest making the following cuts:
- Abhorrent Overlord; there are cheaper ways to generate tokens
- Blood Tyrant; nice creature but doesn't seem to fit in this deck's theme
- Malfegor; this fits better into a Nekusar wheel-deck
- Prince of Thralls; expensive to cast and most players will pay the three life anyway if they think you're getting something that makes you too strong.
- Rakshasa Gravecaller; too expensive CMC for what it does.
- Rune-Scarred Demon; tutoring is always nice, but there are cheaper ways to do this; consider adding Beseech the Queen instead.
- Sepulchral Primordial; nice but imho too expensive to cast for what it does.
- Triskelion; sure, it goes infinite with Mikaeus, the Unhallowed on the table. But every player in the world knows this and as soon as either Mikaeus or Trisk enters the field, you can be pretty sure every player using blue or red will have counterspells waiting for the other half of the combo. Even worse, opponents will often let you use your tutors to get the other half of the combo, and then counter your casting of the combo piece; which results in you losing your tutor for nothing.
As for additions:
- Burnished Hart and Solemn Simulacrum; much needed ramp for this color combination;
- Gravecrawler; bit expensive to buy, but very handy considering your sac theme;
- Cemetery Reaper; pours on GY-hate, gives all your zombies a bonus AND produces relatively cheap tokens, what more could you ask for?
- Lich Lord of Unx; nice token generator;
- Nightscape Familiar; nice, cheap utility creature that you can regenerate;
- Undead Alchemist; more GY-hate and another nice token generator to boot.
- Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet; one of the best creatures you could add, but he's a bit expensive ...
- Lord of the Undead; also a bit expensive, but the bonus and that recursion could really be worth it.
While we're on the topic of getting more bang for your buck, I'd also suggest getting rid of all of your sorceries, except for Chainer's Edict and Diabolic Tutor. In their stead I'd suggest some cheap counterspells and removal, Barter in Blood and some more zombie-token generator spells like Syphon Flesh and Dark Salvation. Also, add some more ramp if you can, like Commander's Sphere.