|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Common|
|Commander Anthology 2018 (CM2)||Common|
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Common|
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Common|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Common|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||None|
Combos Browse all
: Gain one mana of any colour in your commander's colour identity.
Sacrifice Commander's Sphere: Draw a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Commander's Sphere Discussion
1 day ago
I'm not sure what role Revitalize serves but there are plenty of more impactful cards at this CMC: Negate , Remand , Arcane Denial are all cheap counters, 2 of which draw you a card; Go for the Throat , Dreadbore , Terminate are all decent removal.
3 days ago
Hey, nice budget deck.
There's a few noncreature cards here to consider upgrading with better budget options. All my card suggestions are are less than $3 each.
- Commander's Sphere > Mardu Banner
- Talisman of Indulgence > Rakdos Cluestone
- Animate Dead > Dutiful Return
- Day of Judgment > Fumigate
- Terminate > Walk the Plank
- Chaos Warp > Unlicensed Disintegration
- Boros Charm > Feat of Resistance
A very good budget interaction with Alesha is Karmic Guide + Reveillark . These give you a way to quickly reanimate your aggro army if it's stopped in the mid game. These two creatures together or by themselves can be a reanimation engine for your 2 or less power creatures. Guide can reanimated by Alesha. Buried Alive is excellent at setting up this combo by tutoring for and putting Guide, Lark and another creature such as Anger or Zulaport Cutthroat into your graveyard.
To successfully loop Guide and Lark you'll need a sac outlet such as Viscera Seer or Carrion Feeder , etc. What the sac outlet lets you do is sac Lark thus triggering its leave the battlefield ability letting you reanimate two 2 or less power creatures from your graveyard. Since Guide has 2 power it can be reanimated by Lark, then Guide can reanimate Lark and continue the loop until all your 2 or less power creatures are reanimated.
Adding Cutthroat to this combo can kill all your opponents. Anger as long as its in the graveyard and you control a Mountain gives all your creatures haste. With it reanimate all your creatures before you attack and then attack with all your creatures in one turn. Haste is very good with an aggro strategy as long as you have ways to get Anger into your graveyard.
Here's a few budget lands to consider adding:
- Command Tower : every multi-color deck in Commander should play this land.
- Nomad Outpost
- High Market : sac outlet.
- Caves of Koilos
- Tainted Field : works well with a lot of Swamps.
- Graven Cairns
- Smoldering Marsh : works well with lots of basic lands.
- Foreboding Ruins
Other cards to consider adding:
- Skullclamp : one of the most powerful budget cards to play with Alesha.
- Mentor of the Meek : good draw with 2 or less power creatures.
- Remorseful Cleric : opponent graveyard exile, flying.
- Militia Bugler : can be a repeatable way with Alesha to find and get creatures into your hand.
- Mirror Entity : mana sink to make your 2 power or less creatures much bigger for the turn.
I have other suggestions, but I'll stop here. I offer more help; if you like some of these suggestions I'll help you to make cuts.
Good luck with your deck.
4 days ago
I'd definitely add more ramp:
are all good options for you.
Cathars' Crusade is a fun generic white card.
4 days ago
For your mana base suggestions: Llanowar Wastes , Woodland Cemetery , Underground River , Drowned Catacomb , Yavimaya Coast are all affordable dual lands that should help out and are relatively cheap. Also Command Tower isn't expensive either and is the best land in our format. Also, Commander's Sphere and Chromatic Lantern wont set you back much. Also consider Prismatic Omen that card can turn a meh mana base into a efficient one once it hits the table
1 week ago
Another artifact creature that begs to be recurred is Meteor Golem
And Aminatou, the Fateshifter is another blink effect on stick to keep you commander getting value from artifacts in the graveyard or just blinking ones in play.
1 week ago
Hey, nice budget deck. You and your friend have good card sense. Here's a some budget upgrades to consider:
- Skullclamp: busted card draw with 1/1 Insects, it creates a loop of drawing cards and making Insects with The Locust God.
- Laboratory Maniac (Labman): win condition when drawing a lot of cards.
- Psychosis Crawler
- Impact Tremors: win condition when you're making 1/1 Insects.
- Windfall: best budget wheel in Commander.
- Whirlpool Warrior: two wheel effects with one card.
- Molten Psyche
- Mystic Remora: one of the best blue enchantments for draw in multiplayer Commander.
- Faithless Looting
- Commander's Sphere: rainbow mana rock which you can sac later on to draw a card.
- Mind Stone
- Chaos Warp: instant permanent removal.
- Mystical Tutor: the most expensive card I'm suggesting, but worth it for it's versatility.
- Desolate Lighthouse
- Shivan Reef: Izzet Pain land, always ETB untapped.
Have you heard of the Magic term wheel? A wheel is an effect that makes all players discard their hands and draw new cards. Wheels are very good with The Locust God because a single card can let you draw a lot cards which means you create a lot 1/1 Insects with one card. Skullclamp, Labman, Crawler and Tremors are win conditions with Insects and draw.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Cerebral Vortex
- Cunning Strike
- Turn / Burn
- Refuse / Cooperate
- Radical Idea
- Spectral Searchlight
- Traveler's Amulet
- Beacon Bolt
- Direct Current
- Stitch in Time
- Fog Bank
Good luck with your deck.
1 week ago
You need more mana. 34 lands and two pieces of artifact ramp is not going to be enough. 36-37 lands and 6 pieces of artifact ramp are what I would recommend. Izzet Locket, Commander's Sphere, and Command Tower all have a home in this deck.
The deck seems unfocused. Are you blue/red artifacts? Blue/red spells? Are you playing aggressively or controlly? I would pick one strategy and focus in on that. Niv-Mizzet, Parun Incentivizes a spellslinger deck, as do Talrand, Sky Summoner, Guttersnipe, and others so that's what I would focus on if I were you
2 weeks ago
Alright can definitely give you some ideas than Salinas29!
Since you are playing in large pods some cards that can definitely help you would be:
- Neheb, the Eternal - Highly recommend this card!
- Etali, Primal Storm - In multiplayer pods this card is devastating!
- Vial Smasher the Fierce - Great card all around.
- Viashino Heretic - This is if you play in a artifact heavy meta.
- Twilight Prophet - Card draw and damage, love this card a lot.
- Lobber Crew - Decent effect if you have a lot of multicolored spells.
- Pyrohemia - Semi board wipe effect but also cost reducer for you.
- Pestilence - Black version of above one.
- Sunbird's Invocation - Extremely fun card to play with.
- Sarkhan's Unsealing - Can get really nasty real quick, plus low cost.
- Fiery Confluence - All modes are relevant in this deck.
- Angrath, the Flame-Chained - Control and reducer, a bit high on CMC though.
- Chandra, Torch of Defiance - An all star, ramp, reducer, and card draw.
Now for the big creatures that can provide additional utility effects, here are some cards that can be considered:
- Conduit of Ruin - Allows you to grab creatures and additional cost reducer.
- Void Winnower - Hate piece and a big filthy creature.
- Steel Hellkite - Beater that can destroy a lot of good stuff.
- Combustible Gearhulk - Card Advantage (CA) or cost reducer, win/win.
- Sandstone Oracle - Hand refill on a stick.
- Garna, the Bloodflame - Semi recursion in case of a boardwipe.
Importantly as well is to have some early game plan, ramp, CA, and utility spells. Here are some cards that can be also considered.
- Rakdos Charm
- Blasphemous Act
- Chandra's Ignition
- Go for the Throat
- Chaos Warp
- Reforge the Soul
- Phyrexian Arena
- Dark Ritual
- Culling the Weak
- Sol Ring
- Fellwar Stone
- Talisman of Indulgence
- Commander's Sphere
- Chromatic Lantern
- Mass Hysteria
The best route if you want to inflict a lot of pain is going for the big Eldrazis but I won't list them as they are quite expensive even after the reprint in UMA. If you can pick them up than definitely go for it! They are absolutely filthy creatures that would make people cry :3
Aside from that feel free to ask for any additional help, I love helping people tune their decks!