|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Artifact Creature — Construct
Metalwork Colossus costs less to cast, where X is the total converted mana cost of noncreature artifacts you control.
Sacrifice two artifacts: Return Metalwork Colossus from your graveyard to your hand.
Metalwork Colossus Discussion
1 week ago
ignore the last comment. it's old.
1 month ago
I speak from experience when I say Spine of Ish Sah would be a pretty nasty addition to the deck. My sister runs it in paper and if she gets that out with a Goblin Welder I lose unless I can deal with it within a few turns. KCI works in tis place though, if you don't wanna add the Welder. Also suggest Metalwork Colossus
Paradox Engine has been banned in EDH recently though, and Tolarian Academy is banned as well in the maybe list.
1 month ago
Is this specifically a non-infinite league? There are lot of cards to add if not, like Staff of Domination , Walking Ballista , Metalwork Colossus (free sac outlet and discard engine). And don't forget both boots for the gobbos and emperion. I also prefer Platinum Angel to counter the "I win" effects.
2 months ago
3 months ago
I'm thinking you'll want to maximize on artifacts that are sacrificed in order to reap great benefit.
If you want access to some great ramp for you deck, Tooth of Ramos and Heart of Ramos will allow you to get 2 mana from them. After they are sacrificed, if Gerrard dies you get them back for free. Now I'm not sure on the technicality / legality of it, but I believe Horn of Ramos , Skull of Ramos and Eye of Ramos can also be used in your deck. Their errata text contains the mana symbols, but the physical cards do not; They list the color by name, not by identification. So I believe they are legal in all decks, regardless of colors.
- Arcbound Ravager can go full beast mode
- Burnished Hart is an obvious must
- Boros Cluestone card advantage
- Boros Locket more card advantage
- Cataclysmic Gearhulk is a recurring boardwipe
- Dreamstone Hedron gives you massive card advantage
- Glaring Spotlight amazing finisher
- Hedron Archive more card advantage
- Hope of Ghirapur lock on a single player
- Idol of Oblivion finisher
- Krark-Clan Ironworks explosive turns
- Kuldotha Forgemaster tutors
- Life Chisel life
- Lotus Bloom ramp
- Lotus Petal more ramp
- Metalwork Colossus free cast
- Mind Stone card advantage
- Mindslaver and I can not stress this enough, Mindslaver
- Mishra's Bauble card advantage
- Phyrexian Dreadnought bomb and you get back your artifact creatures
- Ratchet Bomb disgusting one-sided removal if you put 2 - 3 charge counters on it to blow up stones
- Universal Solvent awesome spot removal
- Wayfarer's Bauble ramp and deck filtering
Probably a few I missed but there you go.
3 months ago
3 months ago
This is mostly the same list I run. My wincon was ol' Tezz himself. That +1 is no joke. An addition I would consider is Metalwork Colossus . Mine consistently pops out turn 3 or 4 and is in itself a wincon.
4 months ago
ok i will admit my perception of what is CEDH is probably a bit wonky.
here are some other fun cards Ghirapur AEther Grid Mishra's Self-Replicator Metalwork Colossus (actually this is pretty good for you...another draw trigger from the grave) Displacement Wave flexible boardwipe/way to recast a bunch of stuff
also Quicksmith Genius is another looter...
Chromatic Sphere remove renegade map or something for it
hell even bad cards like Implements of Sacrifice could just net you a mana
It feels like to me that the ultimate goal is to cast jhoira turn 3 and try to win in the next 2 turns. but you only have 6 mana rocks so whenever i play tested it felt like a good number of times i just played 4 lands and casted jhoira.
Metalwork Colossus occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%