As an additional cost to cast Cathartic Reunion, discard two cards.
Draw three cards.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Cathartic Reunion Discussion
1 hour ago
Have you done any testing with Cathartic Reunion? I wonder how it would fare vs Tormenting Voice.
15 hours ago
Thank you all for the comments to help out my deck in progress!!
Riclamin_Silentread, I see the value in Cathartic Reunion in the discard aspect, but this deck is still at it's core not able to discard all those cards at once. I can periodically get creatures back and can ping with the enchantment, but don't want to discard 2 at a time, so that's why I chose Tormenting Voice.
Nintendows on Wort
1 day ago
Consider adding in a Harmonize, Magmatic Insight, Tormenting Voice, Cathartic Reunion, Life's Legacy, Momentous Fall, Rishkar's Expertise, and Wild Guess. Remember that if you copy something that requires discard as an additional cost, you don't need to pay the cost again.
1 day ago
i've been testing around with a deck that runs Cathartic Reunion to get through my deck faster, and comparing it with tormenting voice, cathartic is generally better. more triggers on all your discarding things, and seeing more cards faster.
is Faith of the Devoted really so important for this deck? i've been thinking something like Bloodrage Brawler might be better, if you're already using drake haven for discard triggers. maybe cut faith of the devoted, and go 3x bloodrage, and 3x drake haven?
2 days ago
- A burn deck that plays the long game a bit by draining with Faith, pinging with Thermo-Alchemist, and fuelling it with Cathartic Reunion and Tormenting Voice?
- A control deck that runs control-y cards like Call the Bloodline and Collective Brutality?
- An aggro deck that plays pretty efficient large creatures like Bloodrage Brawler, Furyblade Vampire, or Bedlam Reveler?
It'll definitely depend on my LGS's meta, but I'd like a second opinion on what seems stronger now that Copycat is gone.
2 days ago
"Really liked how it plays, but looking for bigger bangs. Like a 0/0 that alesha can recur that enters 10/10 or something.": I'll toss out some recommendations and give explanations as to why or what they'd contribute:
- Harsh Mentor - he's new, but what's awesome is that his CMC is low, and he triggers constantly. Basically, if the opponent does anything they get Shocked
- Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit - Another weenie who can get out of control very easily.
- Mentor of the Meek - You need draw.
- Cathartic Reunion - More draw.
- Sun Titan - Big, splashy, and he helps weenies.
- Master of Cruelties - An absolute terror, if he gets through then it's basically gg.
- Lightning Greaves - Always good to have when you want to protect some creatures, i.e. Master of Cruelties or Alesha herself.
- Whispersilk Cloak - This is mostly for Master of Cruelties, but sometimes you just need to make sure a creature's damage just goes through.
"(Also clever name suggestion maybe needed...lol)": Well, seeing as your commander is Alesha, you could go with names like...
- Hordes of the Mardu/The Mardu Hordes - generic name...not much inspired, but it's descriptive enough
- Edicts of Ilagra - The warrior code of the mardu warriors. It applies.
- Raider Clansmen of the Mardu - Just throwin that one out there.
- Raiders of the Mardu - Again, tossing that out there. Depending on the timeline you like, Alesha abolished the Mardu, so this could tie into that?
As I come up with more interesting names, i'll just post them here. Hope these suggestions helped! Additionally, i'll leave what EDHREC recommends for your general. It's a great resource to use in case you weren't aware of it. Oh, and here's a +1 for ya.
3 days ago
Bruh you need to get yourself a Cathartic Reunion and a Faithless Looting because it looks like you'll be having trouble getting cards into the grave. Nahiri, the Harbinger will also pull some work in this deck I think.
3 days ago
Really like the idea of this deck. Could I suggest shaving at least one copy of Bedlam Reveler? It's just not great in multiples although it might be fine with all the discard.