|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Destroy all creatures. You gain one life for each creature destroyed this way.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (36)||VGJustice , mcstang1986 , Sparky41 , Clawsun73 , gildan_bladeborn , Supremespeed , firemind12 , Swamy , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , GeminiSpartanX , _raeofsunlight , MattN7498 , , KingMathoro , Vasbear1 , meowCat1234 , hardhitta71194 , LegendDeer , The_Grape , snackeater , EdenGardenz , that_guy_43 , , Roadhog , prete182 , Ellyreia , Dr_Jay , Jpegwun , Famicomania , zn.tportlock , philktoken8998 , AlertKnave8075 , thetechzombie , ecurps , Lucretian , Skulldrey|
|Want (5)||Myris , dthoreson813 , spineywoodchuck , samuelianstorm , capriom85|
1 day ago
Just curios, why don't you have any Jade Guardian's? They give +1/+1's and they're hexproof. Also as far as sideboard goes, you definitely want some Heroic Interventions to counter hard removal cards like Fumigate and Bontu's Last Reckoning.
2 days ago
Lol, good point Jay. Reduced Fumigate to appropriate levels haha.
2 days ago
Idk if 7 copies of Fumigate is necessary but looks fun.
3 days ago
So this is how I made the deck without Chandra. I would just list the ones that are different in your current build:
what do you think on those cards?
5 days ago
@adanaz I have added some possible upgrades to the maybe board. I would implement them like that:
But as of now there is not much else which could benefit the deck imo. Ixalan Vampires have the potential for tier 1, but right now there is not enough good support. Maybe Rivals of Ixalan will bring some nice additions.
5 days ago
Okay, brace yourself. I'm going all out.
- P.S. Sorry that my inner spike ignores price...
Cards to Cut: Show
- You don't need two 8 drops. She doesn't give global support like Avacyn, and Avy is your commander so she's already better. I say choose one (and we all know which 8 drop you should keep).
- I get the value of Shepherd, but it comes down to the same thing. You should only have one 7 drop. Pick one.
- Both are good. Just cut one. This will help curve out better and play more aggressively.
- So this card is okay, but not as good as it looks at a glance. The player has to draw 2+ cards at once, or in a similar fashion. Collector's replacement effect does not apply if a player cantrips after their draw step, or something of that sort.
- Life is not that important. Really. I get that he blocks, but Jubilation or Tithes can block too and they are overall better cards for a Staxy build.
- Great, great card. Super Stax. Only issue, is you need to have your artifacts. Tabernacleing your artifacts hurts you significantly worse than your opponents.
Maybe Mother of Runes
I know you love her, but really she doesn't contribute to the Stax theme. She "helps" curve, but I think we can do better here.
- This hurts you equally or more so than opponents. Yeah, this shuts down aggro token decks, but you need to swing with your fat fatties. The goal of this deck is to lock everybody in the game down, but giving yourself a slight advantage to get big creatures out to swing with.
- This is essentially a worse version of Aurification.
- Really this doesn't do that much. It could, but it's not worth it. A mana rock would be a better slot in, really.
This absolutely needs to go. This literally destroys everything that you set up from turn 1-10. It is such a nonbo that there is no real justifiable reason or "synergy" to include this card.
I get that this can grab any land, but it really is a waste of a turn. A lock hurts your opponents and gives you an advantage that is similar to ramp, but also makes you more and more likely to win the game. Serra's Sanctum doesn't win you the game. Make sense?
- Pseudo Stax because of the exile effect, but really I still don't think you need this. I cannot stress enough how you will always have the better and stronger creatures, so 6 mana to equip this for such a small ability isn't worth it, in my opinion.
- Cool, you get to draw some cards, but you help everyone else too!? No! This is the opposite of what you want to do. Deprive, deprive, deprive. You will have the upper hand enough that this meager card draw is irrelevant.
- This or Weathered Wayfarer needs to go. Reason being is that they counteract each other. You can keep both if you think you can play around it, but really I don't think it would hurt to let go of one or the other. Your call.
- Im sorry man, but this card is not very good. I can show you so many lands that would be better. Scrap this one.
- Really, games won't go on so long that you will have to recast Avy enough times to worry about this. Plains would just be better.
- I know this has a decent ceiling, but there will be games where you have 10 lands out and still don't get this trigger.
- This is a good card, but really I don't think it will be all that relevant. Your call, but a basic would be just as good, really.
- Really I don't know what this does for the deck, besides coming in tapped. Not trying to harp, but I don't see you using this ability hardly at all.
- This card is sooooo baaaad. It's very overrated, and it's too slow. You want to just outrun your opponents long enough until they trip. This makes you trip and your opponents catch up.
This is up to you. It can whiff hard, even more than Sky Ruin. Especially with the land destruction in the deck. I say pass on this, and I'll find you a better but similar replacement.
Cards to Add: Show
With all the artifacts you should be running, this card is great. Even without a ton of artifacts, this just tells your opponents "no".
- You might want to get rid of Ghostway, but this is great. It shuts down flicker/blink decks, shuts down Worldgorger Dragon combo, and so much more. All of my goblin cheaters, everything. This is a good card.
- Winter Orb on a creature. This should go in (all of this land hate will make sense in a little bit).
- Basically Pithing Needle on a critter. Both of those are almost as good as Nevermore, but cheaper. So they balance out.
Maybe Sanctum Prelate
- Almost Trinisphere. Again, both of those are good.
- Needs. More. Thalia.
Good graveyard hate. It does have the chance to nonbo with Emeria and maybe some others, but again, you control when to cast things. Also, you can play RIP years before Emeria. So think about what can get you more use: A card that sticks around for 8 turns, or one that sticks around for a few?
- Good combo card with RIP. I know you think it's confusing, but all it says when paired with RIP is, ", : Mill all cards in target opponent's library."
- Great taxers. You should have enough artifact ramp to negate this effect.
- This might be better than, equal, or mutually good compared to Quicksilver Amulet. Lower CMC, easier to get benefit from, but takes time to set up. This is up to you, but it is not mana intensive, meaning you can lock up the board and play stuff for free each turn. Thats huge.
- You know tons of cards to name with this card. Lands, booger creatures, etc. Plus, if you see your opponent has their commander with an activated ability, name that!
Maybe Grafdigger's Cage
- This is more graveyard hate, but really might just be a worse card than RIP. Both might be good, but really this is just a suggestion for you to see at the very least.
- Might as well deter your opponents from attacking you as much as possible. This is not a great card, but paired with all of your locks and Prison effects it nearly stops your cold.
- Hurts your opponents for playing without any repercussions on your behalf. This wrecks against mono-colored or when paired with Winter Orb
- Both this and Hokori, Dust Drinker. You will see why lands dont matter as much in this deck.
- Maybe also the moxen (Mox Diamond, Chrome Mox, Mox Opal) because theyre free ramp
- These all are abusable mana rocks. They generate tons of mana, bypass all of the taxers you set up, and can let you get Avy, or really any of your high drops, out super early.
- I think this is a must. This lets you reuse any mana rock that generates more than 1 mana.
This is a little gimmicky, but it can turn off Winter Orb and the likes, plus it lets you reuse mana rocks again. If it had a little lower CMC then this would be an auto-include.
Remember when I said that I would suggest a better Temple of the False God? Well, here ya go. Right out of the gate it works. Yes, sac it if you play a land, but the tempo this skips you ahead is justifiable without a doubt.
- Dude, come on. Run this. Hell, maybe even run Wasteland.
This is not all that great, but after an Armageddon you get an extra body, and every bit of a lead you get makes it harder and harder for your opponents to win.
6 days ago
Greetings fellow reanimator! We have some bad matchups in meta... ramunap red (hyper agro), heavy control, and the always solid temur energy.
Sideboard for 2 of the 3 mainboard for the other.
Tips for these matchups. Hyper agro requires a consistent 1 drop removal, and 3 drop sweeper to setup turn 4 gpg pain. Temur requires a way to kill bristling hydra. Destroy sweepers like Fumigate or my preference, hand control Harsh Scrutiny. Control requires hand control to protect your stuff. Duress Gonti, Lord of Luxury Kitesail Freebooter Dreamstealer are all good options.artifact hate like Dispossess Abrade and By Force are for the mirror match.
How you choose to set that up will be based on your meta.
Notes on the main deck... Metalwork Colossus does not get cheaper from gearhulks, only your G-PG(its noncreature artifact)... and furthermore G-PG only brings him back as a 4/4 with no cool ETB, so i dont think he really works here... esecially since he has his own recursion from Gy. I am just not a fan of madcap at all. I would rather dig for a refurbish. When i played with madcap it lost me the game a few times so I took it out and never looked back. You should also run a minimum of 24 lands(missing a land drop with this deck, hell, in this meta is generally a loss... especially with our average cmc around 4.
My opinion, mardu gearhulk reanimator is weaker with G-PG(your creatures come in with minuses essentially). That is why i use Liliana, Death's Majesty. You can view my version(s) in my profile if you would like.
Hope this helps.
6 days ago
I'm trying to understand your point of view, but I don't. The deck is not trying to be a control deck. Let me explain why I run those cards.
Fumigate- Since I've played with this deck, I've noticed you will not have a board all the time, this card comes in handy, and with Hidden Stockpile & Anointed Procession you wouldn't mind if tokens get cleared on your side. Arguel's Blood Fast- With all the life you gain this will be a great mana sink for draw power, to refill your hand.
Earthshaker Khenra It doesn't seem out of place, this card wins games. Anointed Procession + Earthshaker Khenra doubles the token when externalize. Now, imagine with multiple copies of Anointed Procession out.
Oketra the True- Token producing and hard to deal with when activated, how does this seem out of place? This deck is a token deck.
The deck doesn't try to do many things at once, the curve is good, I haven't had a problem with it.