|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Padeem, Consul of Innovation
Legendary Creature — Vedalken Artificer
Artifacts you control have hexproof.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control the artifact with the highest converted mana cost or tied for the highest converted mana cost, draw a card.
Commander Recommendations Start Commander Deck
Latest as Commander
Padeem, Consul of Innovation Discussion
2 weeks ago
I think you’ve cast your net too wide here, trying to fit waay too many gameplans into one deck. What you’re going to end up with is lots of cards that don’t work well together, or to their full potential. I’d recommend figuring out what you actually want from this deck and narrowing down your options to a more fine-tuned machine.
So, some thoughts for consideration (further extrapolation):
1) you’re running a lot of cards mainboard here that typically are run in neither Hardened-Scales decks nor Affinity decks. Specifically, Darksteel Juggernaut , Padeem, Consul of Innovation , Phyrexian Revoker , Chalice of Life Flip and Trailblazer's Boots . Affinity decks typically aim to close the game out within the first few turns, where as scales decks are looking to get down as many counters as possible onto the board asap. None of these cards appear to help with either plan and i’m thinking you should question what purpose they serve towards your gameplan. Some look like viable sideboard choices however.
2) On top of your existing deck-mashup, i see you’re running the Urza lands and Karn, the Great Creator , cards which are again not seen in Scales or Affinity, but are seen in Tron. Having 3 decks mashed together into one is going to play just like it sounds - you’re often going to get fragmented pieces for each of the 3 gameplans, but seldom get the right draws to form a coherent strategy.
on the Tron front, you have no easy way to get it up and running, the payoff count is low, but it creates a few dead cards in-hand while you’re lacking Tron. I also don’t see any “i win” payoff targets for Karn?
on the Affinity front, you’re missing Arcbound Ravager to secure early wins, and not enough rampy pieces to empty-hand and overwhelm. Those zero-cost artifacts are only good in affinity cause they can win in the first 3 turns. Longer games tend to make them terrible pieces.
on the Scales front, you have too few creatures that provide counters, to make full use of the enchant. I also see Metallic Mimic , which is a great card, but is going to have difficulty with the sheer number of creature types you’re running.
Anyway, i hope this didn’t come across as being too harsh - and i’m happy to help with any suggestions you’re after and other help. I for one welcome our new robot overlords.
3 weeks ago
Hey my friend ! Sweet deck :) I see you run Convolute or Quench ; but why don't you use Mana Leak ? The card is cheap, 10 times better and one of the best counterspell in the format. Same is true for Memory Lapse .
1 month ago
I play a vehicles deck as well but mine has a stronger emphasis on bonuses from crewing. Creatures like Hateflayer and King Macar, the Gold-Cursed might be worthy of your consideration. Also Aethershield Artificer , Veteran Motorist , and Weldfast Engineer all give a vehicle or two a little boost. Sai, Master Thopterist , Pia Nalaar , Efficient Construction , and Thopter Spy Network are all decent servo/thopter creators; and Master Trinketeer pumps all those creations for better crewing! Then add in Anointed Procession , Parallel Lives and/or ! Doubling Season ! for even more tokens. Start Your Engines and Aerial Modification are good inclusions as well. Some cards that we both need to put in our decks are Padeem, Consul of Innovation , Aeronaut Admiral and Built to Smash . Atraxa, Praetors' Voice and Breya, Etherium Shaper would be great in your deck! Mirrorworks ? Mirage Mirror ?
1 month ago
That's a lot to cover.
I'd say that, first, you haven't picked a very active commander, not one that synergizes with any combo or has abilities useful for a finisher.
Rayne isn't fit for a Voltron deck, mainly for her lack of abilities useful in that regard. Also, mono blue isn't the best colour combination for Voltron either, so I'd skip that strategy completely.
Rayne is a good passive drawing engine, but remember: she triggers when something you control gets targeted by an opponent. This happens (usually) when something you control gets destroyed, exiled or debuffed. So this is the price you've got to really use her for her ability.
On the artifact side, you're definitely in a good colour, but I feel your commander isn't helping you with trying to pull off any combo.
That's why I'd suggest trying to look out for another commander. Here's a list of "cheap" ones money-wise (so no Urza, Lord High Artificer ):
- Emry, Lurker of the Loch : just come out, can create many nasty combos with artifacts. She herself is a little pricy right now, but she'll probably go down in price in some days.
- Naru Meha, Master Wizard : fun instant speed combo deck. You control the game and win on the stack in response at somebody else trying to win. More toward instants and less towards artifacts.
- Padeem, Consul of Innovation : geared towards artifacts, gives you protection for your pieces and is a draw engine. All around very solid.
- Muzzio, Visionary Architect : a commander that has to be protected, but that can dig out one (or multiple) pieces from the top of your library. Usually supported by Strionic Resonator or untap effects.
- Azami, Lady of Scrolls : a classic, usually wins by drawing the entire deck with Laboratory Maniac on the field, but can also be used a bit differently, drawing you all the pieces for a combo and then winning with it!
2 months ago
Flusterstorm for additional interaction
- Silent Arbiter due to Good Synergy with Construct created by Urza
3 months ago
I am Corbeau and just started to put my decks on here. I play casually with a nice playgroup. We don't play very competetive and love combo decks. I am usually the person with nearly no removal because I always think that if it doesn't help my strategy it isn't a card for my deck and I want the others to have fun, too. Also I feel restricted in my creativity when I think about the meta or so. So quite often I am in a race to get my deck going and keep my stuff because others don't hesitate do remove everything on my side. I love weird and janky deck strategies. The decks I have at the moment are the ones I play and the one that survived all the building of decks. Very often it is more brewing than playing because we don't get together that often and the EDH community in my city is very competetive. I prefer an environment in which people have fun and don't flame each other all the time.
My Decks at the Moment:
EDH: Alesha, Who Smiles at Death (Aristrocrats) Prime Speaker Zegana (Draw Combo) Prime Speaker Vannifar (Podless Pod) Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons (-1/-1 Counters) Atraxa, Praetors' Voice (Any Counters] Kess, Dissident Mage (Spellslinger) Ghave, Guru of Spores (+1/+1 Counters) Kambal, Consul of Allocation (Lifedrain Prison) Omnath, Locus of Rage (Landfall/Elemental) Daxos the Returned (Enchantress)
Former Decks (I hope I remember all):
EDH: + Atraxa, Praetors' Voice (All cards with counters) Sun Quan, Lord of Wu (Milling) + The Scarab God (Milling) + Tetsuko Umezawa, Fugitive (Only power 1 or less/Tokens) Talrand, Sky Summoner (Spellslinger) Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet (gravepact) Kozilek, the Great Distortion (Eldrazi) Sidisi, Brood Tyrant (Milling) Sidisi, Brood Tyrant (Reanimator) Teshar, Ancestor's Apostle (Historic/Reanimator) Nin, the Pain Artist (Artifacts) Nin, the Pain Artist (Milling) Odric, Lunarch Marshal (White Weenie) + Masako the Humorless (Historic/ Throne of the God-Pharaoh ) Padeem, Consul of Innovation (Artifacts) + Kiku, Night's Flower ( Kiku's Shadow / Ragged Veins ) Grenzo, Havoc Raiser (Spellsnatching) Sydri, Galvanic Genius (Beautiful Art/Control) Tatyova, Benthic Druid (Beautiful Art/Copy/Draw/Token) Karlov of the Ghost Council (Lifedrain) Obzedat, Ghost Council (Lifedrain) + Obzedat, Ghost Council (Flicker/Token) Akiri, Line-Slinger / Ludevic, Necro-Alchemist (Artifacts/Non-Voltron)
Sadly many of my decks didn't work because of the meta and power level in my playgroup but some were so much fun to play. Favorites marked with + at the front.
I will try to upload the decklists of my current decks. If you have questions about any of the former decks or anything just ask.
Love and happyness Corbeau
3 months ago
I have a copy of Padeem, Consul of Innovation That I’m going to include. Seems like a good guaranteed source of card draw and protection.
Darksteel Forge Was actually included as a potential win condition in conjunction with Nevinyrral's Disk and Mycosynth Lattice However the combo seems pretty weak in retrospect because of how much setup and mana it requires.
I am going to snag copies Of the tutors that you have mentioned and replace Some of the suggested cuts with them. I agree they will make the deck a lot faster and more reliable.
4 months ago
Also, while I can see Padeem, Consul of Innovation being better in a way, Kasmina on the other hand can protect Mishra.
Padeem, Consul of Innovation occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%