|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Plant
T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (36)||Fiolek , davir , Justinaut , CAPTAINxCOOKIES , , Vasbear1 , wackozacko , dbp512 , meowCat1234 , awalloftext , sonnet666 , philktoken8998 , saj0219 , MattN7498 , redlegs_17 , warcry02 , REV666 , ZombieFood , Hootiequack , Fooo , Roadhog , Lindough , Kimimaro , switchkill65 , CAPT.Shock , Paradise_Collectibles , pokemate0 , Rez09 , Friedrice24 , MonoRedBomb.Com , TehDelta , Famicomania , frederiklw , mziter501 , thetechzombie , GoldGhost012|
|Want (2)||bradyofportdetroit , Zomgasa|
Sylvan Caryatid Discussion
5 days ago
Chasm Skulker might be an interesting card to consider. You can play it early, so you have a body on the field. After you have started your massive card draw, it should grow fairly large, providing a solid body to sacrifice, as well as leave behind a number of 1/1 chump blockers.
Otherwise, I think your deck needs to cut back on the large creatures some. Having large bodies to sacrifice is nice, but pretty useless if you are killed early on. Oracle of Mul Daya, Lotus Cobra, and Sylvan Caryatid will help with your ramp. For another large body: Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger should help. Not only does it provide a massive creature, it significantly boosts your ramp, while crippling your opponents'.
Finally, Defense of the Heart is one of my favourite green commander cards, particularly if I have expensive creatures to cast. Being able to cheat Vorinclex and another bomb on turn four is game-changing.
1 week ago
Thank you for all the input! I do have specific reasons for each that I will try to address in order.
Channeler Initiate - will switch to devoted. All I wanted was a druid for Seton (will explain why
Karametra's Acolyte - she is certainly slow, but she also has the upside of going infinite with umbral mantle. Perhaps priests of titania might be better here for efficiency, but I wasn't certain if I had enough elves to make it worth it and reliable.
Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx - should be cradle. Buying a cradle this week. Still don't see this as bad, just not ideal. It's an untapped mana source that can, on occasion, generate stupid big mana. Makes Satyr more worth it once I add cradle too.
Shaman of Forgotten Ways - slow, for sure. But, I have won games where I can draw my deck but people have gotten rid of most all my combo pieces. It's a small inclusion that can pick up that extra game or two.
Talisman of Unity + Sylvan Caryatid The main combo needs at least one non-land source of green. Both of these are there to get my colors fixed. (I can later just cast seton to counteract damage from talisman)
Seeker of Skybreak - I'm getting close to on the same page as you on this. It's done okay, but I often just want to be able to do it the turn it comes down.
The key to Nazahn is that he's a tutorable way to tutor for equipment. I know he's big, dumb, and expensive. I don't stuggle to cast him when I need him. If I was only allowed one big dumb innefficient card, it would be him. He greatly transitions from paradox lines to selvala/mantle lines.
Agreed on scrying. Didn't have a crop rotate at the time. Didn't see a need for it until I got a cradle.
Yisan breaks parity with stax. I run into it a lot in my meta. He's my first tutor when I am in one of those matchups. He also rebuilds my board really well. He also allows access to my combo if I can get an umbral mantle on him. He may not be good enough, but I've had decent results with him.
Arashi is a tutorable instant speed way to kill linvala, aven mindcensor, hushwing griff, and all the flying hate bears that stop my deck
aura shards. I just can't agree that this is too much for the deck. This deck dies hard to null rod, sphere of resistance, static orb, rest in peace, leyline of sanctity, etc. Instead of packing 30 ways to kill those, this cheap inclusion will do the work of 3-4 cards in one card.
Agreed on planeswalkers. I've been testing them, don't like them. The only one I do like is Freyalise. She is slow, but she is a tutorable naturalize that also produces mana dorks. It's slow, but I plan on going futher into stax and that will make her more viable.
Reki is part of the loop with GW Selvala. He is 100% necessary to ensure that this loop can go off without a hitch. This loop is particularly good if we can't use our graveyard for the main loop.
Command beacon has already been replaced. It's decent, but not good enough
Artifact lands allow t1 sisay. a reasonable line of play is artifact land, mana crypt, mox opal, (metalcraft active), sisay.
Reliquary is a meta call. I run into Jin Gitaxiuous alot in my meta. I know it's incidental, but this land alone stops him. And I can crop rotate into it.
Scattered groves is slow. I've been looking at taking that out for a while. The cycling is occassionally good, but overall I agree.
Forest/ Plains are a judgement call due to a lot of blood moons, back to basics, etc. Need to have them to play magic. Could cut 2-3 for fetches and I think that would be fine.
K-grip, path to exile, heroic intervention - I've been told by many that k grip is too slow for competitive. I've just not found this to be true. The fact that it can't be responded to has made the extra mana worth it by far. I've not found a situation where a storm player will try to go off and not have pact of negation for similar for back up. This makes that not matter. Heroic is a cheap way to protect our whole board. For our effects it's exactly counterspell. (Same mana and just as effective). Path is one of the best removal spells in the game. I might be able to be convinced to remove it when it doesn't find a target. So far, it always has a good target.
Kamahl - This is a meta call. He is easier to tutor than living plane, and I have to have a good set up to make him work with norn. This is not a competitive choice but a choice to save face with local meta players. I know there is better, but a land destruction win through him feels earned, living plane doesn't. However, with or without him, norn is worth it. Norn stops lab man, a ton of stax and hate bears, and makes keeps some of the most popular competitive commanders from even hitting the board. It's too good against too much even without a combo.
Thalia - This is the first hint of seeing where I'm trying to transition to more stax. She keeps infinite creature combos from killing me on the turn they happen. You can create all the kiki triggers you want, they can't attack this turn. Doesn't stop porphoros, but the card can't be expected to stop everything. It also taxes really greedy mana bases that run all 10 fetches.
Avacyn - I have a hard on for this card. Plain and simple. I love this card, I can play it in this deck, and it works. This is another one that I should probably get rid of if I want to be as fast as possible, but I can't yet. She also becomes a ton better if I go the route of stax.
Overall: I will definitely look at priests of titania, steelshapers gift, crop rotation, arbor elf, and all the lands. The lands are the last place I have left to really dig into with this deck.
1 week ago
Interesting, I think I'll Replace Sheltering Ancient with Cultivator's Caravan and Sylvan Caryatid with Mirage Mirror. Conqueror's Galleon Flip seems a little low on the power side though. Also in Edh you die with 10 poison counters not 15 (Maybe your playgroup has a houserule) so Triumph of the Hordes is a lot more useful than you think. Thanks for the suggestions!
2 weeks ago
Criaturas que sacaria:- Fyndhorn Elves Llanowar Elves Elvish Visionary , Elvish Mystic monos que dan mana? mejor pon el trio de muros que se ayudan: Overgrown Battlement Vine Trellis Sylvan CaryatidDe cualquier manera es mejor poner mana rocks creo yo.
Ezuri, Claw of Progress: y pa que este mono aca, si no es pa ser el comandante es re poco lo que ayuda.
- Simic Sky Swallower , Sagu Mauler.- bicho grande..con velo/hexproof.
- Altered Ego, Phyrexian Metamorph .- monos toolbox, siempre ayudan, son buen soporte.
- Edric, Spymaster of Trest .- robar si haces dao..no esta mal.
- Horizon Chimera .- viendo que quieres robar harto..cae sentado.
- Kruphix, God of Horizons .- mano al maximo, no se pierde mana.
- Kydele, Chosen of Kruphix .- mana incoloro para bichos grandes.
- Lorescale Coatl .- si vas a robar harto..este es el bicho!! con arrolar...uff!
- Progenitor Mimic .- copias a cada rato, vamos copiando muros..o bichos del oponente.
- Rashmi, Eternities Crafter .- puede servir..hacer correr el mazo..es una opcion.
- Acidic Slime .- mono toolbox..siempre util.
- Terastodon .- con UG no mataras muchos bichos, esto puede ser util.
- Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger .- el mono que puede decidir el juego..ojo que deja tapeadas tierras rivales ;)
- Kefnet the Mindful .- aqui tiene para activarse rapido.
enchants:le sacaria:Mind Over Matter .- esta carta es buenisima..pero aqui no pega con niuna puta wea.Ni recuperas cartas, ni giras permanentes a excepcion de tierras.nah.
- Bounty of the Luxa .- un poco lento..pero puede ayudar
- Zendikar Resurgent .- opcion barata si no tienes Mana Reflection
- Exploration .- si puedes conseguirle..con dolar bajo..es una wena idea.
- Leyline of Anticipation .- bichos con flash!! ou yeah!
- Garruk, Primal Hunter .- Garruk Wildspeaker pseudo ramp.
- Nissa, Steward of Elements.- Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury rampea y controla
- Time Warp ? turno extra??? o sea nunca viene mal..pero es un poco inconexo..hay cosas mejores.
- Praetor's Counsel .- cartaza, recuperas lo botado, mano al maximo.Para finish.
- Temple Bell .- imagino que es por el Mind Over Matter en un mazo verde/azul hay mil weas mejores que tratar de millear
- Urban Evolution, Pore Over the Pages , Harmonize.- buenos cartones mid tempo para robar.
- Simic Charm .- protege bichos, agranda bicgos..uff.
- Unexpected Results .- si te decides por monos garndes..uff demoledor.
2 weeks ago
I don't have a ton of experience with Eldritch Ponza (21 matches so far, with a variety of builds) yet, but with all the usual caveats, here are a few thoughts:
- Evolving for a Magus of the Moon is AMAZING, and probably the best thing about the sub-archetype. Evolving a Kitchen Finks for a Finks-with-Persist, a Huntmaster, a Wolf Token, and 4 life is a couple of blockers is a close second. Colossus and Stormbreath for Protection from-whatever were superb too.
- I really hate playing Eldritch Ponza vs. counterspell-heavy Control though. Sac'ing a Creature and opp countering Eldritch Evolution is by far the worst thing about the sub-archetype. It's also rough vs. removal-heavy Control. Top-decking an Evolution with an empty board is a close second-worst.
- I've tried builds with 2x and 3x Evolutions, and I'm not sure which I like better. I think 3x in the 75 is correct, but it rots to have one in hand and no small Creatures available ...
- I didn't get enough games in to be sure, but I think I like Eldritch Ponza with an extra Birds of Paradise or maybe a Sylvan Caryatid. The extra ramp is great early, and it's an easy sac' late.
- Eidolon of the Great Revel is intriguing. If UR Storm pilots run counterspell-light at the Pro tour, it could be amazing. But at their current levels I think I'd rather have another Trin' ... getting a Trin' bounced to hand with a Remand or yard with a Swan Song feels better than sac'ing a Dork and having Evolution countered. :-\
- Looking at your maybeboard: I tried Carnage Tyrant in a different build and every time it was in my hand I wished it was a Thrun instead. I found Furystoke Giant to be lame except vs. Lantern Control, where it's absolutely amazing. Though Acidic Slime (to kill Ensnaring Bridge) might be better. In a world with Path to Exile, I'm not a fan of Wurmcoil Engine ... at least with Titan we get to Bolt something before getting Pathed. In a world with way too much Path though, Chandra, Flamecaller is excellent ... I will periodically use here vs. Titan when it seems like White decks are everywhere. Finally: Reclamation Sage, maybe?
As always, draw well!
3 weeks ago
Hello again :D
Rework the landbase was what I was saying. Cutting the lands that enter the battlefield tapped for untapped options to give you an overall faster game instead of being slowed down by your manabase. Llanowar Wastes, City of Brass, Mana Confluence, Tarnished Citadel-esque cards instead of the cycling and vivid lands. Overgrown Tomb is fetchable with your Wood Elves and covers both your colours. It feels bad having a Birds of Paradise in your opening hand with no way to put in on the field on turn 1.
Overall, the deck looks solid for a more budget build. You'll be doing things consistently that progress your board. I also suggest readding Mulch as a way to dig into your deck quickly. Even if you don't have the experience counters to reanimate what you put in the graveyard, Meren will just put it into your hand for later.
Re-add Skullwinder. A second copy of Eternal Witness is something this deck likes a lot, especially without access to a lot of tutor effects. The deathtouch blocker is also discouraging for people to swing into, so it could save you a few life along the way. Someone will almost always have a dud graveyard in a 4 player game, so the downside is not as huge of a factor as you would think.
With the drop in average cmc of your deck, along with the addition of 1 drop mana dorks, you could go down to 36 or 37 land and still consistently play your gameplan out. Cutting land is a so-called sacrilege of EDH, but with lower cmc comes the chance of having too many land and not enough action, especially when you don't have an outlet for excess mana. Just make sure to watch the colour skew in your deck and don't cut too many of one colour.
Wretched Confluence: In my experience, this is usually a draw 3 for 3 life. YMMV, but for 5 mana, you can do better, especially with things like Disciple of Bolas already in your deck. Life's Legacy could be a consideration.
Thought Vessel: Surprisingly, the no maximum hand size is not what we want. If you happen to go over 7 cards in hand, discarding creatures to reanimate later is where you want to be more often than not. This is a more proactive deck, and sitting on a giant mitt of cards you can't play at instant speed is not where you want to be. Even a 2 mana dork like Sylvan Caryatid is at least a creature you can use.
Other suggestions that came to mind:
Animate Dead: Having more ways to reanimate if Meren gets stuck where you can't access her easily can be handy. Your opponents will get used to you reanimating at end step, so a main-phase reanimation or bringing back both pieces of your combo in the same turn might slip under their radar. Reanimate as a non-budget alternative.
Abrupt Decay/Nature's Claim: Non-creature ways of dealing with problem cards like Rest in Peace, Humility, and Torpor Orb if those are cards you deal with in your meta. If you don't see either, sticking with your Reclamation Sage and Caustic Caterpillar should be fine. Maelstrom Pulse as a non-budget option.
Riftsweeper: A way to get back an exiled win con, on a body that can be recurred.
Revel in Riches: an alternative I-win card that incidentally provides value. No one will want to cast a wrath if you have this online, because it likely means you just win as a direct result of resetting the board
And apparently the suggestion tab only uses the first 16 linked cards. I learned something today.
1 month ago
Heroic Intervention good to save team. Inexorable Tide another good way for extra ticks. Tezzeret the Seeker good way to find Chain Veil, Enlightened Tutor can find either Veil or Doubling Season. Darksteel Ingot is solid fixing, Sylvan Caryatid also and hexproof and 3 toughness makes it better than Bird of Paradise. Fixing critical in 4-color. Looks pretty solid, +1
Heres mine for ideas: How Many Emblems Until They Scoop?
1 month ago
Hey, holy shit call this deck "Lucky Charms". That's a lot of Charms.
My other budget suggestions are:
Exotic Orchard is a good budget rainbow land.