|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Battle for Zendikar (BFZ)||Rare|
|Zendikar Expeditions (EXP)||Mythic Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||None|
Combos Browse all
Land — Mountain Forest
(: Add or to your mana pool.)
Cinder Glade enters the battlefield tapped unless you control two or more basic lands.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Cinder Glade Discussion
2 days ago
another thing you could do to make the deck better is cleaning up the manabase! you should run 10 of each basic and replace some of the forests you have with cheap split lands! some good budget split lands under $5 are
Cinder Glade - $3
Game Trail - $1.12
Highland Weald -$.28 (Very not good but very budget)
Karplusan Forest - been reprinted 1000 times you can find a old one for like $2
Mossfire Valley -$5
Rootbound Crag -$3.45
Shivan Oasis -$.20 (Very not good but very budget)
Spire Garden -$5.42
Fungal Reaches, Gruul Guildgate, Timber Gorge are very not good even on a budget, i would recommend cutting these for any of these upgrades after evening out the manabase. I like all of the utility lands you put in though they are very fun!
1 week ago
I'd consider upgrading the mana base. Unless your trying to make it extremely budget. A few fetches and shocks would do this deck some good. Cinder Glade might be a good budget alternative. Maybe add a few Birds of Paradise in echchange for the dryads. Really cool idea, I love the thuds, #jankemout
2 weeks ago
I've recently ordered a set of Pelt Collector. They seem like a great inclusion. I'm either leaning toward 2x (-2 Kalonian Tusker) or 4x (-4 Experiment One). My meta was so full of board wipe for the longest time that I played Young Wolf as a precaution over Militant. I found the extra buff it gave the Avatar to be quite a big deal in terms of trading creatures later on. I wonder if Pelt Collector will be what MGS really needs to go up the tiers. On another note, I've started playing at a new FNM Modern and added an odd trick. They kept playing around Blood Moon game 1-2 thinking I must be splashing red for it because I added Cinder Glade for absolutely no reason. I got 2nd place(lost to Merfolk after 2 horrid mulligans) but it was hilarious!
2 weeks ago
Gishath is pretty mana-hungry, so it's better to run land ramp over artifact ramp (Kodama's Reach, Circuitous Route, Hour of Promise and Boundless Realms). You can also run cards that allows more land drops (like Rites of Flourishing and Wayward Swordtooth) and cards that double your mana available: Zendikar Resurgent, Regal Behemoth (was errata'ed to be a dinosaur), Mirari's Wake, Mana Reflection). // Temple of the False God is a trap: it is a dead card if you don't reach 5 lands, and has minimal upside when you have 5+ lands (because you should be ramping anyway). Also it doesn't tap for colored mana, which can be bad for those triple-colored casting costs. // You may consider Gruul Turf, Selesnya Sanctuary and Boros Garrison for further mana potential. Sheltered Thicket, Scattered Groves, Cinder Glade and Canopy Vista synergize with Nature's Lore, Hunting Wilds and Skyshroud Claim. You way also consider Battlefield Forge, Sungrass Prairie.
1 month ago
This deck looks really fun! A few quick thoughts:
- It'll wreck your budget, but Sarkhan, Fireblood is really good.
- IMO, Taurean Mauler is the best 3-drop Dragon in Modern.
- Since Evolving Wilds and Timber Gorge always enter tapped, they're pretty meh. If budget allows, upgrading to Game Trail or Karplusan Forest would make the deck run much more smoothly. Cinder Glade isn't as good, but would still be better than Wilds or Gorge. Alternately, you could save for January, when Ravnica Allegiance comes out with a (much less expensive) Stomping Ground reprint.
- Have you looked at Verix Bladewing? Not sure what I'd take out for them, but I like them in a Dragon Tempest deck, because the Kicker cost acts as "mana-flooded insurance".
Good luck (and good skill) with the deck!
1 month ago
Huge Ponza fan here, and this is a really interesting list!
I have three quick comments on your manabase:
- Cinder Glade and Dragonskull Summit are extremely meh in Ponza, since they enter tapped on T1, when we need an untapped Green source most. Budget is always a consideration in Magic of course, but if there's any way you can upgrade them into Stomping Ground or really any Green Fetchland, it'll be well worth it.
- With an Average CMC (as I type this) of 2.38, you can almost certainly get by with fewer Lands. The average competitive Ponza deck has an Ave CMC of ~2.7 and runs just 21 (along with the same dork/Sprawl package).
- Along those lines: IMO, Field of Ruin has no place in a Blood Moon deck. Giving our opponents a Basic is exactly what we don't want to do :-)
Finally, if you're not already familiar with the PonzaMTG subreddit, I'd like to invite you to drop by and post your list there. We're an enthusiastic (some would say 'rabid') community, and I'm sure other folks would enjoy giving you some input as well!
Draw well, mate!
1 month ago
This looks really fun but I have two big recommendations:
- With an Average CMC (as I type this) of 2.36, you need 23 Lands (source: the table at the bottom of this article by Hall-of-Famer Frank Karsten). Your 4x SSGs count for ~1/4 of a Land each, but you'll still need to find room for a few more. I know it feelsbad to cut Creatures or Spells for Lands, but give it a try ... I think you'll be amazed at how much more smoothly the deck runs.
- The deck will also run much more smoothly with different Dual Lands. Cinder Glades are especially meh here, since they enter tapped in he early turns when we need them most. And Game Trails aren't much better. If your budget allows, Wooded Foothills and Stomping Ground (reprints coming in Ravnica Allegiance, so prices will drop in late 2018/early 2019) are by far the best, but less expensive options include Copperline Gorge, Karplusan Forest, and maybe even Gemstone Mine.
Good luck with the deck; draw well!
1 month ago
Nice. I think it'd be in your best interest to keep the 4x Mimic in, but if you need to cut 2x for the last tusker and baloth I don't think it'll absolutely cripple the deck or anything like that. Keeping the budget in mind, you might look at Canopy Vista and Cinder Glade instead of Blossoming Sands and Rugged Highlands. They have the ability to come in untapped turn 3 to drop a Baloth or Thoctar, and they're both under $3. A step up from those would be the fastlands (Copperline Gorge and Razorverge Thicket) but that would obviously bring you past your $100 budget. It's a nice upgrade to consider for the future though, since they're better but not as expensive as Cavern of Souls