|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Rare|
|Fate Reforged (FRF)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Silumgar, the Drifting Death
Legendary Creature — Dragon
Whenever a Dragon you control attacks, creatures defending player controls get -1/-1 until end of turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (42)||ironax , Atavistic , GoldGhost012 , sneferie , jstn.mrrtt , Wolfebladeelite , Mortiferus_Rosa , voidruby , Ellyreia , pokemate0 , Snydog17 , joshw335 , Grantley91 , johnsongrantr , bakunet , TheAlmostHero , the.beanpole , angesoir , sonnet666 , Xunfor6iv3nX , DarkMagician , corys , chrysaries , chrishuffman95 , rikertchu , KingOfGrixis , Cunningcrow , ztanos , MattN7498 , SirFowler , abby315 , miracle , Regulus1010 , saj0219 , Thunderbeard , philktoken8998 , Pumpkinking913 , bakeraj4 , rockleemyhero , Kleptozaniac , rakdos24 , Epidilius|
|Want (8)||ItaPuma , mini_tb , Ariumlegion , dododestroyer , VampSlayer , kovellen , 2gherkins , AntiheroFOREVER|
Silumgar, the Drifting Death Discussion
2 weeks ago
Ojutai, Soul of Winter Scalelord Reckoner Silumgar, the Drifting Death Scourge of Nel Toth Retrace cards? Flashback cards? Curator of Mysteries Archfiend of Ifnir Anvil of Bogardan? basic hand disruption shit Drake HavenPrognostic Sphinx Spirit Cairn Wharf Infiltrator Zenith Seeker
3 weeks ago
there are some really good creatures that reduce mana for dragons and also some really good enchantments that would benefit your dragons. i get that they came out with some cool elder dragons and the dragon lords are bad ass too but i think they don't disrupt and function as well as some of the other dragons that like Silumgar, the Drifting Death do things because you have dragons or because you tapped dragons or because you attacked with dragons. all those dragons you're running are cool and if thats what you want do it man! but i don't want to tell you cards to pull or play because i don't know what cards you just want to play and love and what you would part with but please check out my deck maybe get some ideas. UR DRAGON ME DOWN
1 month ago
First time I say this in 3 years, but I am seriously considering splashing white for Chromium...he's got everything we want in a wincon!...we haven't gotten a solid Hexproof dude since good ol Silumgar, the Drifting Death. Can't be countered AND Splash...sign me up!...
Else, Bolas is fine, but a 4/4 for 4 with no protection is risky asf...
1 month ago
Thanks for taking the time to look at the list and leave a comment! Great to hear you like the list. Please consider upvoting as well if you liked it ;). I looked at your tips and these ar my considerations when assessing them:
About your tips:
- Spirit Away I find too expensive mana-wise. I’d rather have 4-5 mana spells that steal a creature
- Similar for Clone Legion. 9 Mana is quite prohibitive and you can only run a few of that cost. I went for Expropriate for my high cmc spell.
- Silumgar's Command is a nice versatile hate card. However, it’s a bit expensive at 5 mana. I am not expecting to hold up 5 mana with this deck, so that’s why I did not include it.
- Silumgar, the Drifting Death is nice, but It doesn’t synergize with the goal of my list, which is to steal by opponents permanents. If I would run a dragon sub-theme, it would surely find a spot in the deck, but that wasn’t the idea I was going for. A similar answer I would have for Archetype of Imagination. It’s a great card, but does not really gel with the strategy of the deck.
- Telepathy is a card I’m going to consider. Knowing what my opponent’s have could be crucial info to know how to use my steal spells.
- I do not really get you Psychic Surgery tip tbh. My deck does not actively shuffle opponent’s decks or want them to exile good cards. I want to steal the good cards :D
- Ice Cave I would find more fitting in a chaos deck. With this deck I want to have the opposite: control.
- I did not know about the … of empires cycle. Looks like fun! However, it would require many resources to get them in play all at once. I would rather add Empress Galina for example to get a similar effect as Crown of Empires.
Hope this explains my thought process a bit concerning your tips.
Thanks gain for the tips, and I'll have a look at your list soon.
4 months ago
5 months ago
Silumgar, the Drifting Death could be an option. While being 6 mana, the 7 toughness is nice and the ability to punch a hole through token decks can be very useful.
6 months ago
I'm curious as to why you chose Silumgar, the Drifting Death as your commander. Yes, it's a great card, but for the most part you won't have enough dragons to really make it worth him being your commander. If you like Silumgar, I'd recommend switching to Dragonlord Silumgar. He just works better with your deck theme in my mind.
9 months ago
Stormbreath Dragon will at least dodge white removal. Mirrorwing Dragon will force the opponent to wipe their own board to remove it. Splashing blue would give you access to Silumgar, the Drifting Death and it is difficult to remove. The issue that you are facing now is how competitive do you want the deck to be, dragons isn't really an archetype that sees modern play. I am happy to try and help you come up with a way to make the deck the way you want it. If you want to have a chance to win more games tho, you probably won't be running dragons. It is up to you, if you want to run the dragons do so, enjoy it, just be prepared to struggle in a lot of match ups. If you want to be competitive, you can make any number of budget modern decks and do pretty well. There is a relatively inexpensive sultai deck I saw recently that looked fun and was around $100 to build. A solid zoo deck is a ittle more depending on what creatures/lands you already own. I think the concern here is investing in this deck and it not preforming well enough for you to have fun. Let us know what direction you would like to go in from here and we will continue to try and help. I watched a cool rakdos deck the other day that was using Vexing Devil with Claim / Fame to great effect. It ran fetch lands to have access to white for things like Lightning Helix and Orzhov Charm, and the rest of what I recall is Monastery Swiftspear Lightning Bolt Bump in the Night Goblin Guide and Eidolon of the Great Revel.