|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Common|
|Commander Anthology 2018 (CM2)||Common|
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Common|
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Common|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Common|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Common|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Common|
|Commander's Arsenal (CMA)||Common|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||Common|
Combos Browse all
: Gain one mana of any colour in your commander's colour identity.
|Have (6)||sonnet666 , pskinn01 , zach353 , MikeLaserbeam , mwu8689 , Daddy1ong1egs13|
|Want (32)||Silverglader , thelightchaos , nomadstan , jizzard , klafooti , hikkyu , zk9790 , insaino , waubers , analthunder , miqualmedanis , Andromeda115 , toonlink282 , steelwolf3 , dd_519 , SC25 , Gravehawk , lullerz , MSSevs1313 , Koalatoucher , konekoattack , Astor , hendkyl , FlavorPolice , Wolffey05 , SkullDJ , Brent2410 , kumakaori , nzznzn , cthhtc , Vulture1321 , CrimsonNihilist|
Command Tower Discussion
5 hours ago
Hey, you're welcome.
In my last comment I suggested 27 cards to add. Of those 27 these are the in my opinion the 10 to consider adding first:
- Lands: Command Tower , Battlefield Forge and Mistveil Plains
- Sol Ring : expensive price card to consider, but is the most played card in Commander because it's amazing ramp for one mana.
- Godo, Bandit Warlord : search for Host or Sunforger and put it onto the battlefield. As long as Gogo is equipped with Host before your combat step it will create an infinite loop of attack steps of creating Godo tokens attacking with them, a game winning combo. This works because Gogo is a legendary creature thus all tokens that are created by Host have haste. For Host to make a copy of the equipped creature you don't have to attack with that creature it happens at beginning of combat.
- Sigarda's Aid : cast equipment at instant speed and when the equipment ETB attach it to a creature you control, both these effects are very powerful.
- Open the Armory : search for Host or Sunforger and put it into your hand.
- Smothering Tithe : expensive price card to consider, but some the best repeatable ramp for white in Commander.
- Swords to Plowshares : exile a creature is very good in Commander.
- Chaos Warp : versatile removal spell since it can target any permanent even your own.
- Knight of the White Orchid : search for Mistveil and put it onto the battlefield.
Here's the 27 cards to consider cutting:
- 2x Mountain
- 1x Plains
- Boros Guildgate
- Vivid Crag
For lands I would cut these that ETB tapped and a few basics.
- Call To Serve
- Candlelight Vigil
- Divine Favor
- Ethereal Armor
- Knightly Valor
- Lightning Talons
- Mirror March
- Vigil for the Lost
Consider cutting these auras? Ethereal Armor is one of the best auras for voltron, but to use it effectively you want to play a lot of enchantments to take advantage of it. Because of Host and Sunforger equipment in my opinion is much better for voltron with Aureila then auras.
The problem with auras is they don't stick around like equipment does. If the creature who's enchanted dies so does the aura. If the creature who's equipped dies then the equipment doesn't die it just becomes unattached from the creature staying on the battlefield. There's much more support for equipment in Boros colors than auras.
- Assault Strobe
- Cleaver Riot
- Cosmotronic Wave
- Fury Charm
- Gleam of Resistance
- Hold the Line
- Show of Valor
- Sure Strike
- Hammer Dropper
- Tenement Crasher
- War-Spike Changeling
- Guardian of the Gateless
- Razia, Boros Archangel
I'm not expecting you to make all these cuts right away, but this is a list of the cards for reference. You can essentially cut any of these cards to add any of the cards I've suggested.
Sunforger is a good/fun card, but there's a catch. You have to control a creature and each time you use Sunforger it has to first be attached to a creature. This means that it's five mana to continually use, to equip to a creature and to use it's ability. Don't misunderstand me this is still good as a repeatable tutor for a instant and cast it for free at instant speed, but it can be better. If you can cut the cost or reduce it some having to equip Sunforger each time then it's better.
Other budget support for Sunforger to consider:
- Brass Squire : good with Aurelia's ability. Tap it to equip Sunforger to Aurelia or another creature. Pay to use Sunforger, attack with Aurelia and then untap all your creatures including Squire. During second combat or later at your second main phase tap Squire to equip Sunforger to a creature, pay to use Sunforger again.
- Auriok Steelshaper
If you find that you're having the problems with Host/Sunforger or other important cards getting exiled by your opponents then you can consider adding Pull from Eternity . This instant can put an exiled card back into your library. Can use it with Sunforger. If you're finding out that blue is a pain in the ass to play against then add Red Elemental Blast .
1 day ago
Hey, good start here. My advice is refine a single strategy to go with it. When you're on a budget it's better to narrow down and only play one strategy. As you get more funds you can expand on this, but when you don't have funds stick with one. Keep it simple :)
Helm of the Host is the card you want with Aurelia and you already have it nice. Most of my suggestions will be to strengthen the voltron strategy with equipment. When you have both these cards you want to be able to use them the turn you play them this means you need to be able to equip Aurelia for free, play Host for free, play Aurelia for free or all of the above. Playing Aurelia for free is difficult in Boros colors so lets take that away. However playing Host and equipping it for free is possible and that's a direction to consider.
Budget cards ($4 or less each) to consider adding:
- Command Tower : one of the best lands for multicolor Commander decks.
- Battlefield Forge : ETB (enters the battlefield) untapped.
- Mistveil Plains : excellent with Sunforger.
- Inspiring Vantage
- Ash Barrens
- Sol Ring : most played card in Commander.
- Godo, Bandit Warlord : another two card win with Host.
- Sigarda's Aid : play Host at instant speed and equip it to Aurelia for free.
- Open the Armory
- Relic Seeker
- Smothering Tithe : great repeatable ramp in multiplayer Commander.
- Sunforger : lets you search for and cast an instant for free.
- Leonin Shikari
- Mother of Runes : protect Aurelia.
- Swords to Plowshares
- Crush Contraband
- Chaos Warp
- Boros Charm
- Argivian Find
- Sun Titan
Sunforger is one of the most popular cards for Boros players because it gives you card advantage in colors that lack a lot of it. You will hear "Sunforger Package" this is referring to a number of instants spells that are good to cast for free with Sunforger's ability. A budget Sunforger package to consider:
- Mistveil Plains: can put a card that's in your graveyard after you cast it for free with Sunforger back into your library and then cast it again. This land lets you loop spells with Sunforger.
- Knight of the White Orchid : search for Mistveil or a Plains and put it onto the battlefield.
- Gift of Estates : search for Mistveil and other Plains. Helpful to make land drops.
- Swords to Plowshares
- Chaos Warp
- Crush Contraband
- Boros Charm
- Argivian Find: recur an artifact or enchantment.
- Dawn Charm
- Deflecting Palm
- Wild Ricochet
- Eerie Interlude : save your creatures from a board wipe get more value from creatures with ETB abilities.
- Wear / Tear : can combine and use both Wear and Tear when casting it with Sunforger.
This is an example of a simple base Sunforger package; it can be expanded on and made much more complex.
If you like some of these suggestions then I offer help to make cuts and if you have any questions feel free to ask. Good luck with your deck.
3 days ago
I don't know why your playgroup is afraid of this deck, but I guess more power to you...
mana cost Commander with only two dual lands in the manabase? Ruination is not worth playing if it's making your manabase this problematic. The deck's strategy is relying way too much on Rakdos, you need him on the battlefield. That's going to be difficult with 27 basic lands. At least add Command Tower ?
There's so many big creatures here that consider Sneak Attack and reanimation as a backup plan when Rakdos gets stopped? Sneak is busted with Bightsteel and Eldrazi Titans. Sneak's activation cost also can work well with the land disruption/destruction plan since these strategies affect your lands too.
Good luck with your deck.
4 days ago
Heya Fans, and welcome back to our show. After some practice with our potential new hires we come to our first look at what fresh acts we can bring to the audiences.
After much hiring and firing, then rehiring again, and many hours of choreography, I am happy to report we have had decent results. And that I'm convinced there could be physical changes made. If you disagree or think of something better, please share your thoughts in the comments.
These changes aren't so deck altering as some of the others I am still considering, but I'm still not 100% on them. Need some outside input.
Hanna, Ship's Navigator - ???: Closest things I could find that flies is Razor Hippogriff , Sanctum Gargoyle , and Griffin Dreamfinder but that only covers half. Or is this ability really necessary, can we work around our toys being removed and use this spot to fit something new?.
Azorius Keyrune & Ojutai Monument : for lack of a better word they seem 'cute' now. They seemed useful at first because they turned into flying creatures that shared the benefit other flyers do. Better rocks? Keep? Replacements could include Fellwar Stone , Basalt Monolith could be blinked with Brago... unsure what else is good and not overly expensive.
Favorable Winds : Is it really necessary, amid the other +'s it seems the least shiny, even though it's foiled.
Stay tuned for more to come! We're always trying to keep fresh acts, and as accidents happen replacement performers will hopefully be swift coming. Don't forget the suggestion and vote box on your way out. See you next time at The Circus!
6 days ago
Hey, nice budget deck, less than $100, well done.
Budget upgrades ($2 or less each, most are less than $1) to consider:
- Command Tower > Temple of the False God
- Port Town > Evolving Wilds
- Irrigated Farmland > Azorius Guildgate
- Etherium Sculptor > Opaline Unicorn
- Padeem, Consul of Innovation > Howling Golem
- Sai, Master Thopterist > Aerial Engineer
- Steel Hellkite > Colossus of Akros
- Hanna, Ship's Navigator > Daring Archaeologist
- Weatherlight > Ojutai Monument
- Meteor Golem > Pardic Wanderer
- Myr Battlesphere > Metalwork Colossus
- The Antiquities War > Always Watching
- Artificer's Assistant > Loyal Sentry
- Urza's Ruinous Blast > Mass Manipulation
- Azorius Signet > Azorius Locket
- Mind Stone > Worn Powerstone
- Counterspell > Thought Collapse
- Arcane Denial > Admiral's Order
- Dissipate > Absorb
- Negate > Scatter to the Winds
- Brainstorm > Chronomaton
- Impulse > Repel the Abominable
- Swords to Plowshares > Choking Restraints
- Dispatch > Pacifism
- Crush Contraband > Invoke the Divine
- Deep Freeze > Dampening Pulse
- Remember the Fallen > Not Forgotten
Can add all these cards for about $20. I offer more help if you would like.
Good luck with your deck.
6 days ago
Hey, if you like control and your meta is that much aggro then you probably want to play primary white for board wipes ( Day of Judgment , Supreme Verdict , Fumigate , etc.) and anti-aggro cards ( Blind Obedience , Authority of the Consuls , Ghostly Prison , Swords to Plowshares , etc.)
To help your $120 budget for the manabase you could can play Oloro as two primary colors (blue and white) and only splash black for him using some budget lands in the manabase ( Swamp , Command Tower , Exotic Orchard (if an opponent is playing black), Caves of Koilos , Sunken Hollow , Choked Estuary , etc.) and budget mana rocks ( Dimir Signet , Orzhov Signet , Fellwar Stone (if an opponent is playing black), Talisman of Dominance , Commander's Sphere , Chromatic Lantern , etc.)
1 week ago
Hey, Trinket Mage and Trophy Mage only have two artifacts a piece to get which in my opinion is not good enough with a blink strategy. Getting Sol Ring with Trinket is great, but after that there's no real point of having Trinket. Consider replacing Trinket with Spellseeker ? Consider replacing Trophy with Solemn Simulacrum ? There's a lot more spells that Spellseeker can get, taking more advantage of blink.
For the manabase you've left out Command Tower :) Adarkar Wastes is another less expensive Azorius dual land that can ETB untapped. Fellwar Stone can possibly not make white or blue mana, while this will be rare, but it's still a two drop mana rock that ETB untapped that can make mana. The more two drop or less CMC mana rocks the better to ramp into Brago quicker.
Command Tower occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.88%
G/U (Simic): 2.28%
U/B (Dimir): 3.48%
W/U (Azorius): 3.39%
GW (Selesnya): 2.73%
W/B (Orzhov): 1.87%
RG (Gruul): 2.37%
U/R (Izzet): 2.43%
RW (Boros): 4.94%
W/U/B (Esper): 2.31%
RUG (Temur): 5.2%
RBW (Mardu): 2.23%
BRG (Jund): 3.8%
RGW (Naya): 4.44%
BGW (Abzan, Junk): 7.18%
U/B/R (Grixis): 2.46%
GWU (Bant): 2.71%
RUW (Jeskai, America): 17.14%
BUG (Sultai): 2.76%