|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander (2016 Edition)||Common|
Combos Browse all
: Add to your mana pool one mana of any colour in your commander's colour identity.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (13)||TheRealPeaches , oryandaw , greanbeaner , SamCre1993 , VampireArm , Swamy , tragic_slip , MoJoMiXuP , brokendwarf , Mousemke , ibraJG84 , rebelteddybear , LTmiller|
|Want (2)||orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Tiddilywinkus|
Command Tower Discussion
1 hour ago
I'd suggest removing a one-time proliferate source, such as Spread the Sickness, which is BOTH costly and slow (5 CMC destroy target creature at SORCERY speed? Ew.)
What i'd do :
Command tower replacing a land like Yavimaya Coast
Commander's Sphere replacing Fertilid (since you got like 7 basics total)
Darksteel Ingot replacing Tumble Magnet.
(That's if you have manafixing problems, but always have a Command tower in a commander deck that's 2 or more colors)
1 day ago
Ankle Shanker is fun in those types of decks
3 days ago
As the Captain said Command Tower will tap for any color that is on your commander's card. It's very helpful and you'll see almost every commander deck run one.
3 days ago
Snapdisastermage Command Tower will tap for any color in your commander's color identity. So in your situation because tasigur is considered to be in green black and blue the command tower will tap for those colors.
3 days ago
3 days ago
Why didn't you just update your Spring Into Death deck list? There's only like 2 cards different, haha.
Now on to the real meat:
Mikaeus, the Unhallowed Combo
- Turn 1: Play a one drop ramp creature.
- Turn 2: Play Buried Alive and fetch Mike and Triskelion.
- Turn 3: Play Victimize, bring Mike and Trike out and ping infinitely to win.
Or tutor for Defense of the Heart and win the turn after you cast it.
Necrotic Ooze Combo
- Play Buried Alive or Survival of the Fittest.
- Grab and put Triskelion and Phyrexian Devourer into the graveyard, and get Necrotic Ooze into play.
- Make sure Necrotic Ooze gets out last if using Survival to tutor them.
- Remove all cards from your library to burn opponent(s) for the CMC of all cards in your library.
Once it's out, the only thing that can interrupt this is Split Second since you can respond by adding and removing counters.
Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord Combo
This requires some knowledge of how the stack works.
- Exile cards from your library until Phyrexian Devourer's ability is put on the stack.
- In response to the ability, continue exiling cards to beef him up more.
- Still before allowing the sacrifice to resolve, sack him to Jarad to smack your opponents for a ton of damage, similarly to the aforementioned Ooze-combo.
Colorless Mana Combo
- Have/get Ashnod's Altar in play.
- Play Nim Deathmantle.
- Play Grave Titan, pop up two 2/2 tokens.
- Sack the two tokens to Altar, then sack Titan to get a total of six .
- Use 4 of that to make Deathmantle grab Titan back and get you two more tokens
Repeat this as many times as desired, netting 2 colorless mana every loop.
3 days ago
I would suggest taking out the Simic Guildgate and replacing it with a Command Tower. Just like Sol Ring it is a Commander staple. If price isn't an option I suggest you spend the two or three dollars on the revised edition Sol Ring. They're very pretty, and the artist who did them is amazing! Hope this helps. I love seeing new people trying out the format :)
4 days ago
This is usually my hierarchy:
- I use as many fetchlands & original dual lands I can afford.
- I then use anything that a fetchland can grab, ie shocklands.
- I fill the try to fill the rest of lands with all color producing lands, like Command Tower, Grand Coliseum, City of Brass etc.
- Artifact staples Gilded Lotus, Darksteel Ingot, Chromatic Lantern, Coalition Relic, etc
- I use some sort of green ramp package:
- Tap Creatures Bloom Tender, Birds of Paradise, Sylvan Caryatid,
- ETB / Sac creatures Wood Elves, Yavimaya Elder, Sakura-Tribe Elder, Solemn Simulacrum etc
- Fetch sorcs Nature's Lore, Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, Rampant Growth, Skyshroud Claim etc
- Extra land drop Azusa, Lost but Seeking, Explore, Oracle of Mul Daya etc
Those are usually the steps I go through to get 5 colors in to a deck. The key is to playtest it so you can tell if you are getting the ramp out or not consistently. Always start with more and then narrow it down if you get flooded with mana too often. Nothing worse than getting mana screwed in 5 colors!