|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Planechase Anthology||Mythic Rare|
|Eternal Masters||Mythic Rare|
|Commander's Arsenal||Mythic Rare|
|Planechase 2012 Edition||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Legendary Creature — Elemental
Creatures you control have haste.
Cascade, cascade (When you cast this spell, exile cards from the top of your library until you exile a nonland card that costs less. You may cast it without paying its mana cost. Put the exiled cards on the bottom in a random order. Then do it again.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (9)||rockleemyhero , GeminiSpartanX , ZombieFood , NOGzFTW , Poptartz95 , ibraJG84 , Forkbeard , fireborne1986 , sonnet666|
|Want (2)||MouseyWolf , TheRealPeaches|
Maelstrom Wanderer Discussion
1 day ago
Looks fun! I love Maelstrom Wanderer!
If you feel like putting some money into the deck; Temporal Manipulation could replace Part the Waterveil, Scroll Rack can dump stuff from your hand onto the top of your deck in prep for Maelstrom Wanderer, Personal Tutor and Sylvan Tutor will help with consistency, etc
If you want more infinite turns: Progenitor Mimic with Eternal Witness and Time Warp does the trick. Cascading into the mimic might be interesting lol. Also Archaeomancer, Mnemonic Wall can act as Eternal Witness #2+3.
Idk if that's the direction you want to take it, but I figured I'd mention it.
2 days ago
Thaaaaaats not very likely to be true cEDH.
Just because a deck does well in your meta it doesn't make it a true cEDH deck. As someone who HAS a T1 deck that combo? He'd NEVER assemble it in time to stop a true T1 deck from going off. Prossh, Tazri, etc. They combo off turn 3-5 with counter backup.
You mention Progenitor Mimic and trigon, both of those cards see no real play in true cEDH Maelstrom Wanderer decks. They are slow or rely on combat damage to actually do anything which means they have to survive the turn cycle hoping that your opponents don't kill them.
3 days ago
The thing is, it's not consistent. I have two decks running Maelstrom Wanderer, and only one of them says it's banned.
4 days ago
ZendikariWol and Descole, thank you so much for the feedback! It was all very insightful and I will take all suggestions into careful consideration. I took off the custom categories for now until I can clean it up and get a proper description typed up.
As for some of the deck commanders I face regularly, they would be: Scion of the Ur-Dragon, The Gitrog Monster, Norin the Wary, Atraxa, Praetors' Voice, Jhoira of the Ghitu, Talrand, Sky Summoner, Vial Smasher the Fierce, Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons, Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind, Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim, Rashmi, Eternities Crafter, Maelstrom Wanderer, Noyan Dar, Roil Shaper, Sliver Overlord, Sharuum the Hegemon.
As for a game plan, my goal is to ramp as much as possible early on. Get Omnath out by turn four, create as much elementals as possible and give them haste to attack immediately then sac the majority of them for additional damage. It is crucial for me to have draw mechanics, ramp and haste early on to have game advantage. In my playgroup especially, it is always a race to get early field advantage and take out those who try to WinCon as early as turn 3-6. I hope this helps.
1 week ago
Some nice combo's i found:
1 week ago
- Hymn of the Wilds (this card sucks in multiplayer. Every deck needs its instants and sorceries)
- Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast gold cards should fit an archetype or just be good, and this doesnt fit either category
- Ghost Council of Orzhova pretty bad actually
- Figure of Destiny I think your initial impression was right. Lets scrap it
- Magister of Worth white has enough wrath effects
- Tidehollow Strix no comment
- Arlinn Kord Flip I think Xenagos is better based on how the archetypes are shaping up
- Surrak Dragonclaw I think Maelstrom Wanderer fits the archetypes in temur better (spells, gruul beats and whatever simic does)
- Brigid, Hero of Kinsbaile discourages attacks, even against other players, which is bad. If we had included Azorius hard control, stax or tax this card would be fine though
- Gustcloak Savior I dont think it does enough
- Herald of the Host Serra Angel isnt good enough for this format
- Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip pikers arent good enough in this format, and he sucks as a planeswalker I think
- Crescendo of War too slow
- Dusk / Dawn I think that ultimately there wont be a deck that really benefits from this
- Just a general note about white: we have too many pump effects. Lets cut a couple.
- Broodbirth Viper fine if the cube is lower power level, but its quite high now
- Quickling do we have a deck for this card?
- Serendib Efreet this card doesnt match up well against multiple opponents
- Reverse Engineer too narrow
- Should we include a few more morphs so that stratus dancer is less obvious? Maybe Willbender, Thousand Winds and Kheru Spellsnatcher? At least all these cards kick ass in multiplayer.
- Bloodghast only good in one deck, and even then, it requires some setup. I feel Reassembling Skeleton is a better option for the cube.
- Sly Requisitioner too narrow
- Triskaidekaphobia cute but too shitty
- Dark Confidant I realized this card will probably just kill you.
- Phyrexian Metamorph feel kind of stupid for missing this
- Spellskite maybe this sucks, I dunno
- Curse of the Swine
- Kheru Spellsnatcher
- Thousand Winds
- Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
- Waste Not
- Innocent Blood
- Bloodchief Ascension
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel
- Reassembling Skeleton
I think our next task will be deciding which are the best 50 or so cards in each color from our pool. that should lay the groundwork for deciding which narrow cards (i.e., archetype-specific) cards we should include. Curious to hear your thoughts on cuts/additions!
1 week ago
cyclonemetal I agree with you that it is too narrow, but in my case where there are: 2 Nekusar, the Mindrazer decks, 1 Mizzix of the Izmagnus deck, 1 Memnarch deck and 3 Maelstrom Wanderer decks. Also there use to be 3 Leovold, Emissary of Trest decks until he got the axe. So yeah, I agree with ya on how Boil is a little dumb but some times its a blow out and its cute. I don't really see it that often in my hand where it would be useless in my meta. But most of the time its there just for a good Sunforger target, anyways thanks for asking!
1 week ago
This is the best I can think of