|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Planechase Anthology (PCA)||Mythic Rare|
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Mythic Rare|
|Commander's Arsenal (CMA)||Mythic Rare|
|Planechase 2012 Edition (PC2)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Legendary Creature — Elemental
Creatures you control have haste.
Cascade, cascade (When you cast this spell, exile cards from the top of your library until you exile a nonland card that costs less. You may cast it without paying its mana cost. Put the exiled cards on the bottom in a random order. Then do it again.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (11)||xXThormentXx , Mousemke , , LeroyJones , bakunet , Supremespeed , NobleSlay3r , releasethedogs , XxCataclysmiCxX , itheoryz , PTsmitty|
|Want (38)||jpc852 , Pylioz , foxboy93 , acbooster , CaptianClueless , Aceleron , IcyLetters , Niroh , Sadert , TevishSzat , awfulNeutral , InfiniteMartyr , niner80 , Thotny , starkzero , keudhor , fancysaurus , oryandaw , xXThormentXx , Stovetop617 , zephyrmoth , NobleGhost117 , Jspeed , getyourrebelon , PopeJonIII , MxStoneheart , MoxFlux , frostotron , CrustyCraig , Awuztein , NivStormfront , gershom , Hylianpirate , SaltySpecula , gplocke , Cunningcrow , Archmage_Aramil , scsrhino|
Latest as Commander
Maelstrom Wanderer Discussion
3 weeks ago
@Last_Laugh Thanks for the suggestion, I like the Heroic Intervention and Spellseeker add but I am not sure about the Maelstrom Wanderer pick up? The fact that cascade doesn't cast the creature so Animar, Soul of Elements doesn't get the counters worries me. Then again I am not sure if those counters are something that I should worry about.
3 weeks ago
@Osbert Thank You very much for Your deep study on my deck. Here are my anwsers:
- I've been using Crystal Shard, Erratic Portal some time ago and I wasn't happy with that. Just imagine that You cascade in one of these instead of some big nasty creature - impact on the board is too small. I don't need cut cost of casting Commander thanks to many ramp cards, also if Maelstrom Wanderer is still on the board then it's time to cast creatures from hand, they will have haste so impact is good enough (in other circumstances creature cards left at hand would be dead cards because most of time You cast Commander only).
- About making top deck stronger there are two things that prevent me from putting cards You listed (well, there is third reason - I don't have most of these:) ). First is that I really like randomness of cascades (it's still limited by card selection). Second is just the same like with bouncing cards - cascading into them will make one cast of commander weaker. Still there is Sensei's Divining Top for top decking, which is also a lifesaver when You need next land drop and I won't cut it out.
- I run Lurking Predators only - because that card doesn't need mana to activate (most of times Commander eat almost all of mana) and it's working just fine without any help. Sometimes it's better to leave land on top deck (if more mana is needed for next cast from command zone), sometimes You are already overextended and expect wrath effect spell from others.
- Well Oath of Druids is tempting because it could make early game more than just ramping. Still these creatures won't have haste (and my ETB effects won't change much) and opponents can also use Oath's effect to put creatures from their decks making more blockers, ramp or even combo. I need to see that card in action because now I can't predict if it will make advantage or disadvantage.
- There isn't too much standard spot removal besides of Beast Within (already is in deck) and Pongify which is very cheap (only one blue mana). Also there are some kind of removals: Inferno Titan, Phyrexian Ingester, Terastodon, Tyrant's Familiar, Primal Command, Warstorm Surge (plus creatures entering board). If that's not enough AOE cards will try to compensate. I will keep in mind Krosan Grip and Reality Shift (didn't know second card, it's really nice when facing indestructible creatures)). But Wave of Vitriol can hit me also and probably will wait long on hand. Song of the Dryads still can be removed and threat would return.
- From these Mystic Confluence and Cryptic Command most valuable are abilities that make Commander and creatures more evasive (this deck doesn't need more card draw) and of course occasional counterspelling. But, so far, evasion from creatures, lands and some spot or AOE removals were just enough to deal damage (especially overloaded Cyclonic Rift).
- Already got Mystical Tutor in this deck. And yes - it's great. It can go for Tooth and Nail or Cyclonic Rift, even when facing mana screw I sometimes use it for ramp spell. Worldly Tutor could make more control over deck (or top decking) but still I prefer to cast Commander than casting single creature and like that randomness.
- About strange cards in my deck: Burnished Hart well I could change it for something better - can You give me some ideas (especially cards that put 2 lands)? Ixidron - You don't have to cast card that fit cascade requirements (they can go to the bottom of library) so it won't hurt controlled creatures, also Commander comes into play AFTER cascades resolve (he is on the stack until then) so it will never hurt him. This card can hit very hard other commanders as they won't go to command zone. It's weakness is that it won't affect tokens but I take that risk. Curse of the Swine has exile effect (which is quite rare in RUG) and it can be single or multi target I keep it for that versality (even if it does not have synergy with Commander). Knowledge Exploitation is for 7 mana so it can be cascaded for free, also I have enough mana to cast it from hand. Best case scenario is when it hits with first cascade, then You can go for some funny card from opponent deck (some kind of wrath effect) and then cast creature from second cascade - it will result in clear board and then Maelstrom Wanderer and that other creature will come.
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
Feel free to check out my list for inspiration. Animar, Gaea's Hemorrhoid. Feedback, upvotes, or ideas on any of my decklists is appreciated.
1 month ago
Boros doesn't have those kind of abilities. The free cast spells are more of Blues area. Which is why cards like Maelstrom Wanderer, Intet, the Dreamer, Yennett, Cryptic Sovereign has those type of free cast ability. It doesn't match what Boros can do so it will never happen.
1 month ago
2 months ago
No one has mentioned the filter lands yet (e.g. Twilight Mire), and I think they're great. Their only real downside is no colored mana on turn 1.
3 months ago
+1 from me! If you were going for a gimmick deck then dinosaurs is a pretty awesome option! I wanted to build pirates; but honestly dinosaurs got so much more support wowww
Honestly, if your ultimate gameplan is to "cast commander, beat face" then many of the other dinosaurs are just going to slow you down. Gishath, Sun's Avatar is arguably better for a dedicated dino deck imo
I feel like the dream play is Zacama, Primal Calamity immediately into Akroma's Memorial/Xenagos, God of Revels and swing... or just wiping everyone of problematic enchantments/artifacts/creatures lmao
It might be smart to run 30+ creatures because how often are you really casting a 9CMC commander?! Depends on where you take the deck. Do you want beaters or rampers? Wood Elves, Solemn Simulacrum, Kor Cartographer, Oracle of Mul Daya, etc etc. I assume you don't want it to feel exactly like Darigaaz Reincarnated/Maelstrom Wanderer which is why I suggested Otepec Huntmaster&friends. Just Brainstorming
You have a bunch of mana doublers which is awesome, including the updated Regal Behemoth that's a mf dinosaur! Plus sorcery ramp. There's a decent spot removal package and some of the auto include boardwipes. A couple dinos have removal tacked on as well. Spellbreaker Behemoth is sweet. I love Samut and the haste enablers. Fervor is meh. You have a lot of really cool stuff here tho. You even snuck in Craterhoof & Avenger. There's a light token theme here which doesn't fit. Idk.
If you're trying to thin some of the fat it would be the rando 5-8 cmc spells. Crested Herdcaller, Thundering Spineback, Raging Swordtooth, Godsire, ... It's so hard. Probably lose two enchantments and two instants/sorceries and you'll only have to cut seven creatures XD
The crossroads for me is the Gishath dino aggro or Zacama goodstuff combo. It'll be cool to ultimately see what your mind imagines!