|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Zendikar vs Eldrazi||Mythic Rare|
|Commander 2013||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Avenger of Zendikar
Creature — Elemental
When Avenger of Zendikar enters the battlefield, put a 0/1 green Plant creature token onto the battlefield for each land you control.
Landfall — Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you may put a +1/+1 counter on each Plant creature you control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Avenger of Zendikar Discussion
1 day ago
Avenger of Zendikar and Elspeth, Sun's Champion are both great. If you remove Blazing Archon and Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs, you cmc of the deck shouldn't change too drastically. If you completely remove pillowfort, I don't know what to add.
3 days ago
KingXavierXVI I like Khalni Heart Expedition because you don't have to pay for it the turn you use it this way I can get landfall value the turn I play Avenger of Zendikar or Rampaging Baloths without having leftover mama which speeds things up
3 days ago
I don't think Panharmonicon works with landfalls, because it says "artifact or creature entering the battlefield". Lands are neither. Unless you get some that are both, like Darksteel Citadel or Dryad Arbor.
4 days ago
Lol I know the feel man. I'll try to list some more cards, counters were my favourite thing when I first started magic lol. Most of the cards I'm listing are fairly inexpensive too :)
I think grave shinanagins are a lot of fun too lol..
I could probably make an endless list lol....
5 days ago
- I think its important to keep in mind that you want your creatures to pull double duty. Angel of Invention, for example, makes tokens and buffs your team.
- Iroas, God of Victory: You turn your creatures sideways more than I do. Menace would be pretty good for your commander.
- Brutal Hordechief: Just really dumb in your deck.
- Eternal Witness: Replace Den Protector with this.
- Avenger of Zendikar: Token deck stable.
- Angel of Invention: Makes tokens and an anthem on a stick.
- Dragon Broodmother: Cause this is a dumb card.
- Oracle of Mul Daya: Cause ramping is for cool kids that play .
- Wood Elves: Its wood elves.
- Grave Titan: Its the king of zombies
- Armada Wurm: ETB 5/5 wurms seem good.
- Catacomb Sifter: This is ok as a low-end token generator and scry provider.
- Chancellor of the Forge: triple might be tough to handle. This could be good if you have a good reanimator package. Up to you.
- Cultivator of Blades: Once again, a creature that encourages turn your creatures sideways. I really like this card for your deck cause its ETB token creator or an anthem creature.
- You have Whip already, so why not just continue to abuse your graveyard?
- Sidisi, Undead Vizier: Sac a token to tutor seems dumb. Its even better if you keep reanimating it.
- Viscera Seer: Saccing stuff is cool
- Sadistic Hypnotist: Sac outlet and hand disruption.
- Rakshasa Gravecaller: Makes tokens and can send a creature to the graveyard. This one is ok, I guess.
- Ghoulcaller Gisa: Most ETB token creatures lose their value after they hit the field. Why not sacem to make more tokens.
- Slate of Ancestry: A wheel that depends on the amount of creatures you have seems pretty good. Also, if youre animating, you have no problem send cards to your graveyard.
- Key to the City: Unblockable for Tana, the Bloodsower and discard outlet.
Instants and Sorceries
- Vampiric Tutor or Sidsi if you want to abuse tutors.
- Chord of Calling: Youll have plenty of creatures for convoke.
- Buried Alive: Depends on how deep you go into the reanimator plan.
- Parallel Lives: Bruh..you need this. Use this instead of Primeval Bounty. I was unimpressed with the results of bounty.
- Cathars' Crusade: Cause why not?
- Intangible Virtue: Cause tapping tokens is for losers
- Xenagos, the Reveler: Its like having Gaeas Cradle.
- Dragonmaster Outcast: In EDH, he seems very fair and isnt very good until later. Even then, this deck is capable of much sillier plays.
- Norin the Wary: Nahonly good if hes the commander.
- Korozda Guildmage: Too slow, in my opinion.but what do I know
- Thelonite Hermit: and two turns, you make 4 saproliing tokens with a conditional anthem. Also, not good with Whip or Panharmonicon.
- Obzedat, Ghost Council: Go away, ghost dad. Youre drunk and dont belong here.
- Wolfcaller's Howl: Better ways to make tokens.
- Congregate: You have Whip for lifegain.
- Exsanguinate, Lavalanche, Sram's Expertise, Worm Harvest, and Increasing Devotion: You want to abuse ETB and none of this help that plan.
- Conjurer's Closet: Ive fallen out of love with this card. Its slow and doesnt feel strong at .
6 days ago
Well i'm a huge fan of trostani she's a power house but i have to tell you that you are sorely lacking in the token departement sure you can make some bigger tokens but your missing the real staple so here are a few budget suggestion that will get you in the game so here goes Advent of the Wurm, Darien, King of Kjeldor, Armada Wurm, Ant Queen, Hornet Queen, Avenger of Zendikar, Rampaging Baloths. Then for some real power throw in Beastmaster Ascension, Cathars' Crusade, Earthcraft, Parallel Lives and the most impressive token makers IMO Giant Adephage, Entreat the Angels, Archangel of Thune(this card id op with trostany but it's expensive) hope some of these helped you out. !! you can check out my deck here : http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/my-milkshake-brings-all-the-boys-to-the-yard/Enjoy your deck
1 week ago
Ishio: There's a few different ways to win.
Mass tokens created by either Titania, Protector of Argoth, Rampaging Baloths, Avenger of Zendikar or Worm Harvest. Craterhoof Behemoth, Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest and Concordant Crossroads lend to this strategy.
My favorite way to win is with mass drain through Ob Nixilis, the Fallen or Retreat to Hagra. With the help from Squandered Resources or Lotus Cobra, I often find myself cycling all the lands from my field to my grave and back again with either Scapeshift, Splendid Reclamation or both.
Going off the last strategy, it is also easy to generate enough mana to use Exsanguinate as a win condition.
You're also able to go tall as another backup strategy. There are plenty of big creatures that can be buffed even further through +1/+1 counters with Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest or Retreat to Hagra. I've been able to win through commander damage this way.
I've built this to be a pretty flexible deck. Though the win-cons are varied, I never feel like there's a lack of synergy. What it boils down to is that the card draw through The Gitrog Monster is essential and consistent. The deck tends to snowball and I'm able to sift through a majority of the deck. At that point, you'll be able to assemble whatever win condition you're going for. Squandered Resources is the true MVP here and will most often enable you up to combo off. I would definitely include it for whichever strategy you're aiming for.
1 week ago
Commander / EDH
Well, here's my big angry green blobb. It's a deck with many nice landfall effects and a variety of win conditions. It mainly centers around Omnath himself, with some nice additions that make the game more fun. Avenger of Zendikar can be a wincondition on it's own here. Also, cards like Storm Cauldron or Price of Glory give you some great advantages by hindering your opponents to gain back control (together with multiple landdrops per round or Crucible of Worlds for example). Wonder what you say about the deck! Suggestions are welcome! :)