Creature — Beast Horror
When Ravenous Chupacabra enters the battlefield, destroy target creature an opponent controls.
|Want (3)||Merxzay , Darui , JawnWayne|
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Uncommon|
|Masters 25 (A25)||Uncommon|
|Rivals of Ixalan (RIX)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Ravenous Chupacabra Discussion
6 days ago
Hey, nice semi budget version of Chainer.
I see Kiki and there's some cards to consider adding to make him better:
Ooze can use any activated ability of creatures in all graveyards which can be versatile in multiplayer Commander. With Chainer Ooze gives you lots of options: Magus, Necromancer, Feldon, Fulminator, Purphoros, Pet, Seer, etc, but best of all Kiki. Ooze can be another Kiki when Kiki is in your graveyard. When this happens with Ooze you can make infinite tapped Oozes since Ooze is not legendary therefore it can copy itself infinite times. Infinite Oozes can be used with other cards to be win conditions.
If Pet is in your graveyard then Ooze can sac itself to make one black mana. When this happens then infinite Oozes can make infinite black mana. Use infinite black mana to pay for a game winning Ribbons since you can discard or cast Cut and then cast Ribbons from your graveyard.
- Viscera Seer/Blood Pet + Syr Konrad, the Grim
- Viscera Seer/Blood Pet + Exsanguinate/Torment of Hailfire
Ooze can be Viscera Seer which with infinite Oozes can be infinite scrys to find the card you need or Syr/Exsanguinate as a win condition. With both Seer and Pet in your graveyard gives you many options with infinite Oozes to find and cast any card you want. Having creature sac outlets are good with Chainer because then you can cast a sac outlet from your graveyard and get more value from creatures who can't sac themselves. Goblin Bombardment, two drop sac outlet, is one of the best in Commander and it can be a win condition with infinite Oozes or infinite Conscripts without having to attack.
Other cards to consider adding:
- Sidisi, Undead Vizier or Rune-Scarred Demon
- Ravenous Chupacabra
- Graven Cairns, Tainted Peak, Ash Barrens, Jund Panorama
An expensive price card upgrade to consider is Sidisi, Undead Vizier as a repeatable tutor with Chainer and Sidisi can sac itself. With a sac outlet Rune-Scarred Demon can be a repeatable tutor, is less price and nice for reanimation getting a 6/6 Demon. Plaguecrafter is powerful repeatable effect with Chainer because it can sac itself. This card with Chainer can shut down your opponent's nontoken creature strategies.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Lantern-Lit Graveyard
- Bloodfell Caves
- Star Compass
- Grave Scrabbler
- Murderous Rider
- Ancient Craving
- Overseer of the Damned
Good luck with your deck.
1 week ago
@Snap157 great feedback. I have every card mentioned so I will be making a few of these suggested changes. Let me explain a few of these choices as well.
I'll be keeping:
- Mirrorpool for now, I may take it out but a land that can clone Gyruda sounds fun.
- Sire of Stagnation because I feel like landfall strategies are going to become more common after Zen Rising and I have a foil one and I love the art.
- Crush of Tentacles is in the deck for flavor reasons, I put it in instead of Cyclonic Rift.
- Rise of the Dark Realms just because I love big flashy plays that do dumb stuff.
Cards I'll be swapping out
- Ravenous Chupacabra, it's a single target so maybe I'll swap him for Slum Reaper, I don't know for sure yet.
- Thassa's Oracle, I had Doomsday in here but I took it out because I don't like ending games early. I play for fun and love long, grindy games. Maybe I'll add in a fail-safe like Dread so I don't kill myself with my own commander.
I'm still figuring out what to swap out for some other suggestions but I plan on adding Rhystic Study and probably Thought Vessel. I am currently running Thorn of the Black Rose instead of Phyrexian Arena because I could get her off a Gyruda trigger.
I really appreciate the feedback!
1 week ago
Things like Fellwar Stone, Sol Ring, Prismatic Lens, Fractured Powerstone, Worn Powerstone, Wayfarer's Bauble, Talisman of Dominance, Dimir Signet, Arcane Signet, Thought Vessel, and Mind Stone would make a great ramp package here. I know you already have some here but I would take out Mirrorpool, Ravenous Chupacabra, Rise of the Dark Realms, Thassa's Oracle (if you dont have a way to instantly mill yourself), Conjurer's Closet, Sire of Stagnation and Crush of Tentacles. These are your lower impact higher cmc cards, and this will lower your average cmc so your deck will run smoother.
Additionally, I feel like there are some draw staples that are missing, such as Rhystic Study, Mystic Remora, Necropotence, Phyrexian Arena, Visions of Beyond (if you lean into the mill strat), Sign in Blood/Night's Whisper, and things like Brainstorm, Preordain, Ponder, and Read the Bones. Think about the higher cmc in your advantage section to replace for a few of these, I usually shoot for 10. hope this helps!
2 weeks ago
There is a great 1 card re-animator engine in Journey to Eternity Flip. You cast in on something you will sacrifice or going to lose. Preferably something that nets you an effect when it ETBs. The deck I run them in has stuff like Ravenous Chupacabra and Shriekmaw so they yield double, triple, and even more kills for the deck.
As an enchant, it will get you back the creature enbchanted when it dies. Then as a land, It is a repeatable reanimator engine. It can also tap for mana of any color.
4 weeks ago
Alesha, Who Smiles at Death was one of the first generals I built a commander deck around and I've been tuning mine ever since.
Replacements I would make
- Replace Dolmen Gate with Reconnaissance since it costs 1 less and also can untap your creatures after damage has been dealt to give them pseudo-vigilance.
- Replace Angel of Invention with Marionette Master since if you get infinite ETBs on marionette master, you can sac the infinite tokens to deal infinite damage.
Other cards I might suggest
- Add Moriok Replica is the best card I have in my Alesha deck, it can draw you so many cards every turn.
- Add Panharmonicon/Flameshadow Conjuring so you can get double ETB triggers.
- Add Torch Fiend and Kami of Ancient Law for repeatable artifact/enchantment removal.
- Add Remorseful Cleric for repeatable graveyard hate.
- Add Magus of the Disk for a repeatable board wipe.
- Add Yahenni, Undying Partisan since he's a free sac outlet that can draw you cards and can also be recurred using Alesha.
Combos I might suggest
- Add Reveillark/Sun Titan + Karmic Guide + a sac outlet + a creature with an ETB trigger like Murderous Redcap = infinite ETBs.
- Add Vesperlark + Felidar Guardian + a sac outlet = infinite sacrifices.
- Add Sun Titan + Gift of Immortality + a sac outlet = infinite sacrifices.
- Add Zealous Conscripts + Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker = infinite hasty pirates.
Cards I recommend ditching:
- Remove Carrion Grub Its basically 4 mana for 4 cards milled, that isn't worth it.
- Remove Sunforger You only have 6 legal Sunforger targets, it isn't worth it to keep it in.
- Remove Dictate of Erebos You don't need this if you can just get a Ravenous Chupacabra out and keep recurring it.
- Remove Mindclaw Shaman This was a card that I found didn't do much when I played it, there are alot of other creatures with better ETB effects.
- Remove Relic Seeker There isn't much of a need to fetch a piece of equipment since you only have Sunforger, Sword of the Animist, and Skullclamp.
Feel Free to check out my RBW Alesha's Beautiful Smile combo deck for ideas.
1 month ago
Solemn Simulacrum and Filigree Familiar get you an ETB and a death trigger. You don't necessarily need to find death triggers (not a ton of those but they exist) but it is generally better to find things with good ETB then sac them for effect.
1 month ago
If you have Risen Reef, Zendikar's Roil is a must include for a potentially infinite and always hilarious combo! Take out Brainstorm, that card is stupidly overrated unless your deck focuses on topdecking, otherwise it practically does nothing. I'd also recommend throwing in some landfall cards with the amount of ways you have to get lands onto the battlefield. Try out Tatyova, Benthic Druid, Ob Nixilis, the Fallen, Avenger of Zendikar, and Roil Elemental. I'd also recommended taking out Ponder based off the same reasoning of brainstorm, Steel Hellkite because it's usually not going to get through is too slow with much better targeted removal available to you, Briarhorn because I have no idea why it is in your deck, AEtherize because it is too dependent on the situation (go for Cyclonic Rift which just got the reprint), Barrin, Tolarian Archmage because the theme of your deck isn't bouncing and there are better removal spells out there, Gitaxian Probe because it just shouldn't be in this deck, Thought Scour due to the same reasoning of brainstorm and ponder, and Gray Merchant of Asphodel because your devotion to black doesn't seem like it would be that high to me. Here is a list of some better removal spells to consider, keeping the double etb triggers in mind: Ravenous Chupacabra, Reclamation Sage, Beast Within, Assassin's Trophy, Shadowborn Demon, Agent of Treachery
Also, I'd highly recommend more ramp in the form of the talismans/signets just so the deck can run more soothly, especially with your higher mana curve.
1 month ago
Any deck playing Desecration Demon or Midnight Oil is going to get a thumbs up from me. I love the premise, it looks like it has potential! I would suggest cutting some of the top end of your curve and finding some cheaper creatures or removal to play instead, though. Replace the Gearhulks with Ravenous Chupacabra and then you'll have another four drop you can curve into Gray Merchant, for example.