|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
If you would draw a card, draw two cards instead.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (17)||plof , frederiklw , thetechzombie , Nebman227 , NobleSlay3r , Va1mar , DruneGrey , sonnet666 , bakeraj4 , pskinn01 , mziter501 , Mortiferus_Rosa , rakdos24 , golgarigirl , ironax , SpaghettiToastBook , SirFowler|
Thought Reflection Discussion
1 week ago
First thoughts, be careful with the use of Thought Reflection. Wouldn't want to accidentally mill yourself if you hit Enter the Infinite and they have a way to survive - like say, Urza's Armor, Battletide Alchemist, Chameleon Blur, Channel Harm, Endure... Counterspells are nice, but you may need them to shut down your opponent's combos instead of saving them to save your own combos. You only have 4 guaranteed counters that don't have conditional modifiers after all...
You also might want to include either a method of massive mana ramp High Tide + Palinchron style, or a separate win-condition besides your commander's ability and Psychosis Crawler, something that could get around damage prevention.
Although, feel free to take these suggestions with more than a pinch of salt - I've personally never played Commander so I don't know much more than the fact that only one of each card is allowed... But generally speaking, if you think there's even a CHANCE of ever successfully casting Enter the Infinite, you'd better have a method of guaranteeing you win within a single turn when your entire deck is in your hand. Which means, making sure you have enough mana to cast counterspells, mill, damage, or loop back to the start through Time Reversal for yourself as necessary, even after counting the 12 CMC of EtI. Include at least one combo that acts as an auto-win if they don't have a counter - because with how powerful a card Enter the Infinite is, if they have a counterspell they're going to use it then.
2 weeks ago
Others have mentioned most of my auto-include cards: Skullclamp + Ashnod's Altar; Bident of Thassa (crazy with cards like Teleportal); Coat of Arms; Impact Tremors...
Here's my LG deck if you wanna check it out. Needs updating, but mostly the same - Fly, Fly, My Pretties!.
2 weeks ago
Chandra, Flamecaller, Jace's Archivist, Izzet Signet, Izzet Keyrune, Temple Bell, Howling Mine, Kami of the Crescent Moon, Monastery Siege, Alhammarret's Archive, Thought Reflection, any instant draw X spell, Arjun, the Shifting Flame, Laboratory Maniac
1 month ago
on Oloro Stuff
1 month ago
- Chalice of Life Flip: Isn't the worst card in Oloro, but isn't all that reliable either.
- Darksteel Plate: I've seen you play this card a bunch of times, and most of the time it just sits there, all menacingly. Problem is - your deck doesn't plan to use creatures often, so the plate also won't be used either.
- Dreamstone Hedron: Ramp is great, but expensive ones that produce colorless mana can be iffy since they're often easy targets right after you play them. Gilded Lotus can at least let you cast counterspells after you tap all your lands to play it.
- Orzhov Keyrune: This one is just personal preference from me. I don't like 3 mana artifact ramp most of the time. (Chromatic Lantern and Darksteel Ingot are much better) It's up to you if you wanna take it out or not.
- Sun Droplet: This card is very slow and you could easily replace it with something better.
- Subversion: It may seem like a decent drain effect, but it's not that great since it's 5 mana and makes you wait til your next upkeep before it does anything.
- Thought Reflection: Decent card, but 7 mana is pretty costly. Up to you if you wanna keep it.
- Celestial Force: It's nice to instantly gain life each upkeep, but 8 mana for basically just a vanilla creature otherwise isn't really good.
- Pontiff of Blight: Extort is nice for your deck, but your deck doesn't have many creatures to take advantage of the pontiff. Up to you if you wanna keep this guy if you wanna add more creatures.
- Skirge Familiar: I think this card would be a lot better if your deck was more combo focused.
- Azorius Chancery: These types of lands will flat out screw you over if they get destroyed or Blood Mooned.
Cards you definitely should add (won't cost you a whole lot):
- Crested Sunmare: Easily synergizes with Oloro and provides very solid creatures for defensive/offensive plays.
- Aetherflux Reservoir: The win condition you've been looking for. It's a pretty funny card honestly, but works very well with Oloro once you get him going.
- Alhammarret's Archive: Simply synergizes well with Oloro.
- Felidar Sovereign: Not sure how the others would feel about alternative win conditions, but if everyone' okay with it, this guy can most likely win you some games.
- Karlov of the Ghost Council: An awesome card. Can help control the board or becomes a big body to swing with.
- Delay, Counterspell, Swan Song, Negate: Good, cheap counterspells you should at least be running.
- Sphinx's Revelation: Put that ramping to good use.
- Anguished Unmaking, Cyclonic Rift: Must-have control instants.
- Supreme Verdict, Merciless Eviction, Fumigate: Excellent board wipes to go with Oloro.
- Clever Impersonator: This guy's incredibly flexible and can be useful in just about any situation.
- Mana Confluence: Almost exactly another copy of City of Brass.
- Temple of Enlightenment, Temple of Silence, Temple of Deceit: These will make your mana base a tad bit more consistent while helping you a bit with your next draw as well.
- Diabolic Tutor/Dark Petition/more tutors: Your deck would be more consistent if it had more tutors.
- Brainstorm: Generally a good blue card to manipulate your deck/hand a bit at an instant.
Suggestions (Some are costly, but very worth it for Oloro):
- Grave Titan: Just a powerhouse in general. Just like Crested Sunmare, Grave Titan will give you excellent battlefield presence.
- Whip of Erebos: If you do add more creatures like Grave Titan, this card can be very good for your life gain strategy.
- Sun Titan: One of my favorites. Can grab back some useful stuff, even land.
- Soul Warden, Soul's Attendant, Suture Priest, Auriok Champion: The soul sisters. You shouldn't include all of them at once though. Just keep them in mind since they're good against creature-heavy decks.
- Consecrated Sphinx: Costly, but worth.
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation: Punishes spell-slinging decks, and generally nice if he sticks around.
- Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim: She can be good if you can keep your life total high enough.
- Sanguine Sacrament: Pretty nice for the deck's game plan at instant speed.
- Demonic Tutor: Arguably the best tutor you can find, but the price tag will probably turn you away. But... Greatness, at any cost.. Right?
- Enlightened Tutor, Mystical Tutor, Vampiric Tutor: Excellent tutors, but expensive (although Mystical Tutor is only around $5; not a whole lot compared to Vampiric Tutor).- Austere Command: Another one of my favorites. Very flexible, and doesn't cost a whole lot either.
- Torment of Hailfire: This card will probably make everyone hate you, but it's a fantastic card nonetheless.
- Leyline of Anticipation: One of the best blue enchantments in my opinion. Allows you to intimidate everyone just by playing a land on your turn.
- Crawlspace: Good against creature-heavy decks.
- Talisman of Dominance, Talisman of Progress, Fellwar Stone: Some decent and cheap mana rocks if you want more ramp.
- Decree of Pain: A good tempo swing in your favor if there are a ton of creatures in play. Kinda costly to play though.
- Hallowed Fountain, Godless Shrine, Watery Grave: Shock lands. Excellent at increasing consistency with mana bases. They're even better with the Fetch lands. All of these lands are very costly though.
- Flooded Plains, Marsh Flats, Polluted Delta: Example Fetch lands you could use.
- Ponder, Preordain: Cheap cantrips for a little more consistency.
- Maze of Ith, Kor Haven: Decent control lands.
- Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Cabal Coffers: Generates a ton of mana if you get them together.
- Expedition Map: Can help getting the above lands or any land you need.
- Crypt Ghast: Synergizes very well with Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, but is overall decent for your deck.
That's all I can think of for now. I can post more for you if I think of anything else.
1 month ago
1 month ago
4 months ago
I'm surprised you're not running Thought Reflection, Otherworld Atlas, or Mind Over Matter. Same with Winds of Change and Whirlpool Warrior, all are very strong in decks that seek to draw many things.