|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Horizons (MH1)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Spirit
Whenever a creature is exiled from the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on Soulherder.
At the beginning of your end step, you may exile another target creature you control, then return to the battlefield under its owner's control.
1 week ago
- Momentary Blink seems like a good card.
- Deputy of Detention is also pretty sweet
- Reflector Mage is also pretty sweet
- Ok so i guess there are a lot of creatures I would run Coiling Oracle Wall of Omens Blade Splicer Knight of Autumn Soulherder Mystic Snake Restoration Angel Sublime Archangel and Mulldrifter
- Here is why you run Mulldrifter . Pay the Evoke cost, that trigger hits the stack, IN RESPONSE Ephemerate or a similar affect. When it re enters the battlefield it is treated as a new object and therefore you dont sac it. That means you spent 4 mana to DRAW 4 CARDS and get a 2/2 flyer.
- Also more flicker spells Cloudshift Eerie Interlude and a bonus spell Lead the Stampede
1 month ago
Hey ChaosWarrior161. Thanks for the tip! I'm going to run that card in my new Grothama deck Earthworm Tim, so I'll see how it feels in there. I'm usually looking to cards like Soulherder and Conjurer's Closet to handle the bounce effect a little more elegantly, but Sanctum can be fetched by Golos, so I can see the obvious benefit there!
1 month ago
1 month ago
Hi epsqm, glad to hear you're on the Tatyova side!! :)
1) The common killing line is just the combo, which you can achieve through several different lines. The most common line is to find Mystic Sanctuary and Ghostly Flicker as a start (together with Tatyova of course). From there on you only need some kind of mana acceleration like High Tide , Cloud of Faeries or Peregrine Drake and then you have infinite mana, infinite carddraw and infinite life. Finding this combo is the actual challenge of piloting this deck. Then you can finish by bouncing everyones permanents ( Capsize or Temporal Fissure ) into killing them with Adventuring Gear , yes, because your creatures also have infinite power then. I must admit that I am running a Gear-less list right now, and I am finishing through Compulsive Research :D The Gear has always been a dead card whereas Research can work as an actual card. Especially when you're trying to go off and youre only searching for the last piece of the puzzle, a card draw spell is nice to have. And even if they exile your graveyard with the Research in it, they will still lose the game if you bounce them all their permanents lol They can decide to either die fast or slowly :P It's not easy to come back without any lands, any other permanents and against a Tatyova player how could always go infinite on instant speed again ;) So basically with the combo you can lock everybody out not giving them any chance, even if you didnt have any other win con.
2) Sporemound has been in the list from my very first scratches on, and had to go as the very last part of "old, good ideas". The thing is: This deck is so fast at killing people through the combo, it actually hurts to slam down a 5drop that could be countered or removed and I would have been time walked then. Even in team games, I managed to kill with Tatyova like Turn6 even through some sort of removal and counterspells. But its really challenging, as I said. I have goldfished this list about 50 or 60 times and actually played it like 15 times. And its never boring because its so challenging to go for the right lines.
3) Relic of Progenitus has never been great for me, but I kinda do see the reason. I just feel you never really wanna play without a relic in your deck, especially if you're playing Trinket Mage nontheless. Feel free to exclude the Relic from your list, but there is other cruel combo decks out there as well. And sometimes other people wanna lock you out as well. I think I once used the Relic to break the Soulherder 's value chain, because he was blinking his Archaeomancer and always got his Counterspell back. Relic was my only way to break that lock, if I remember that game correctly. And sometimes Relic is just a bad cantrip and just fine.
4) Wormfang Newt is new to me, I have not seen this card, I will be thinking about that. Going off with Displace is super hard in this deck and Newt surely helps with that. The most difficult part is to find a slot for it. Thanks a lot for that suggestion.
5) Tilling Treefolk has been in and out. You gotta know: When I started building a Tatyova Deck, I was thinking about a great value deck with all the shenanigans. But then in the middle of the testing, Mystic Sanctuary got printed and suddenly the whole deck had the chance to become a great combo deck I noticed. So I went back to the drawing board and had to cut so many great but "just fair" cards ;) There isn't even a Mulldrifter in this deck anymore. And so even Treefolk had to go. And the Grixis Panorama and the Naya Panorama went with him.
I have about 80 cards (or more) that were in this deck, but had to go at some point.
1 month ago
Roon is crying for Lightning Greaves /etc.
Try limiting your good-stuff, avoid stacks, and actually winning the game (quickly). Do you want to control and grind the game out? Are there certain combos you prefer? There are so many ETBs to choose from, the best thing you can do with flickering is try to spike. The value will always be there for you; So how are you going to deal 40-120 damage?
1 month ago
Your manabase is super clunky. Losing turns to it in a tempo shell hurts-it feels like there needs to be a shift in focus- either dedicating to midrange value spells, or tempo, or grindy hand disruption.
Second, plan a sideboard- sure with burn all over the meta, mainboard lifegain is cool, but its important to know what you are replacing it with in other matchups. I also don't feel you have enough ETB value for Dramatic Rescue . If it was a Soulherder etb value list, perhaps.
If you want to play a budget tempo list, focus in on one colour for your interaction package- all blue, all white, or all black. This will let you run a bunch of monocolour snow lands and fixing. Without aether vial, you will want to run a higher proportion of 1 drops- blue for Spectral Sailor and Mausoleum Wanderer .
If you want to play budget midrange value, focus on going to two colours. Either U/W permission or U/B(w) unearth value. Playing unearth at instant speed is pretty good when its targeting a Spell Queller . That said, you will need mana fixing, and the cheap reliable way to do that is mostly mana rocks. This can be less than perfect.
If you want to play grindy, go mono-black in spells, play a lot of symetrical discard, and build your spirits into 'amazing topdecks', either through res value or Spectral Sailor card-draw.
2 months ago
Is there anything out there like benefits form cards being put into exile? Similar ideal to Soulherder . I want to run a deck with a lot enchantment based Oblivion Ring effects, but there doesn't seem to be much that likes that strategy.
No data for this card yet.