Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Land — Mountain Forest
(: Add or .)
Sheltered Thicket enters the battlefield tapped.
Cycling (, Discard this card: Draw a card.)
2 months ago
Cards to consider cutting:
Volcanic Fallout, Skyshroud Claim, Heaven / Earth, Wayward Swordtooth, Sun-Crowned Hunters, Raging Regisaur, Kinjalli's Caller, Druid of the Anima, Drover of the Mighty, Burning Sun's Avatar, Cacophodon, Star of Extinction
Cards to consider adding:
Kodama's Reach, Regisaur Alpha, Chain Lightning, Blasphemous Act, Carnage Tyrant, Deathgorge Scavenger, Etali, Primal Storm, Annoyed Altisaur, Apex Altisaur, Giant Cindermaw, Harnessed Snubhorn, Sheltered Thicket, Scattered Groves, Sacred Peaks, Kinjalli's Sunwing, Kogla and Yidaro, Quartzwood Crasher, Rampaging Ferocidon, Runic Armasaur, Topiary Stomper, Tyrranax Rex, Wakening Sun's Avatar, Elemental Bond, Taurean Mauler, Unbreakable Formation, Vanquisher's Banner, Coat of Arms, Door of Destinies, Herald's Horn, Path of Ancestry, Pillar of Origins, Pyre of Heroes, Secluded Courtyard, Stoneforge Masterwork, Unclaimed Territory, Vanquisher's Banner
the add section kinda got out of hand, but they are all worth considering
eliakimras on B.F.D.
4 months ago
Glancing through your cards, your deck's problem might be because you're building it based on best-case scenario, with tons of clones and blink synergies. (In my playgroup, Miirym always gets removed before her untap step, so the Miirym player does not rely on her sticking to the board.)
I'll suggest some upgrades for your deck based on making it more consistent and less dependant on Miirym:
Explosive turns with lots of cost reducers sound nice... if people don't blow up your dorks before you get any value from them.
- I would swap out Dragonlord's Servant, Goblin Anarchomancer, Bronze Walrus, Dragonspeaker Shaman, Open the Gates, Mind Stone, Lapis Orb of Dragonkind, Commander's Sphere, Gilded Lotus for Fellwar Stone, Farseek, Nature's Lore, Three Visits, Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, Chromatic Lantern, Coalition Relic, Herald's Horn.
2nd. You need more lands (36 lands + 13 ramp cards is a good starting point)
- Storage lands like Crucible of the Spirit Dragon are only worth it with proliferate shenanigans. Exotic Orchard serves you better.
- Forgotten Cave and Tranquil Thicket can be Sheltered Thicket and Ketria Triome instead. (Synergy with the landfetchers above.)
- Highland Lake, Swiftwater Cliffs, Temple of Epiphany, Timber Gorge and Woodland Stream could be these utility lands instead: Mosswort Bridge, Myriad Landscape, Blighted Woodland, Kessig Wolf Run, Littjara Mirrorlake.
- Bala Ged Recovery Flip, Valakut Awakening Flip and Glasspool Mimic Flip are three spells that can be played as a land. I would take out Dragonmaster Outcast, Delina, Wild Mage and Demanding Dragon for them.
- Evolving Wilds and Terramorphic Expanse could be swapped out for Unclaimed Territory and Secluded Courtyard.
3rd. Better counterspells
4th. Better removal
5th. Better boardwipes
- Klauth's Will is a more versatile Magmaquake. Ryusei, the Falling Star can be cloned for extra doom for your opponents. Curse of the Swine does not touch your board.
- I would take out Magmaquake, Preordain and Opt for the cards above.
6th. More card draw
- Garruk's Uprising is a better Colossal Majesty.
- Garruk, Primal Hunter and Return of the Wildspeaker are also all-stars here. I would take Korlessa, Scale Singer and Mirror Box out for them.
7th. Better win conditions
- About this, please check miirym , need recommendations build and the comment I made on that page. You have plenty of options in this regard.
5 months ago
Hello! I saw your deck help tag and wanted to give some insight.
I don't run Miirym as commander, but I do have her in the 99 in Smashing Faces with the Ur-Dragon, and she always pushes me to victory whenever she's allowed to stick on the battlefield.
Some areas you might want to change to improve your consistency:
1 - Ramp
- Farseek and Fellwar Stone are great for fixing for multiple colors of mana. You might take out Birds of Paradise (dies so easily), Sakura-Tribe Elder (fixes for only one color) and Sword of Once and Future (no synergy with dragons) for them.
- Skyshroud Claim is great for the same reasons above. Frontier Siege never impressed me in a multicolor deck, because I often need colors outside of .
- If you run the suggestions above, you probably need more fetchable dual lands: Ketria Triome, Breeding Pool, Steam Vents, Stomping Ground, Sheltered Thicket, Wooded Ridgeline.
- If you run Into the North, you can also use Highland Forest, Rimewood Falls, Volatile Fjord and some snow basics (Snow-Covered Forest, Snow-Covered Island, Snow-Covered Mountain) to fetch.
2 - Draw/Haste
- It is tough to cast Tribute to the World Tree in a 3-color deck without Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth or Chromatic Lantern on the battlefield. Maybe you want Temur Ascendancy instead.
3 - Removal/Boardwipes
- Chain Reaction cleans your own dragons. Curse of the Swine should get rid of your opponents' most problematic creatures. If you face a lot of token decks, Surtland Frostpyre is a boardwipe on a land that leaves most of your dragons alive.
- Green Sun's Twilight could be Chaos Warp as a second Beast Within.
4 - Protection
- In my dragons deck, I often want protection and haste for more than one creature. Swiftfoot Boots got swapped out for Asceticism.
- Slip Out the Back could instead be Heroic Intervention (it has good synergy with Blasphemous Act).
- If you don't want to be attacked, Propaganda might deter more attackers than Fog.
- Can you cast Counterspell and Bane's Contingency reliably? Swan Song or Arcane Denial might be easier to cast considering your manabase.
5 - Card draw
- Rishkar's Expertise, Garruk, Primal Hunter and Return of the Wildspeaker are the cream of the crop of green card draw. You might want to remove Blur, Essence Flux and Ghostly Flicker for them. (Instead of running flicker effects to save your creatures, it might be better to just run more threats in case they are dealt with - and card draw helps with that.)
6 - Better threats
- Dragon Broodmother creates tokens at a much faster pace than Dragonmaster Outcast.
- Korlessa, Scale Singer never impressed me. Knollspine Dragon is way better at drawing cards.
- Overwhelming Stampede wins games harder than Thundermaw Hellkite.
- I would take out Flameblast Dragon for Utvara Hellkite.
7 - Some utility lands you might want to run
9 months ago
Original Dual lands are in
2 color man lands are in
upgrades in every color and almost every guild pair
- Cathar Commando
- Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
- Gideon Jura
- Parallax Wave
- Haughty Djinn
- Thirst for Discovery
- Hullbreaker Horror
- Baral, Chief of Compliance
- Liliana, the Last Hope
- Liliana, Waker of the Dead
- Rotting Regisaur
- Massacre Wurm
- Legion Warboss
- Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker
- Ilharg, the Raze-Boar
- Tooth and Nail
- Biogenic Ooze
- Niv-Mizzet, Parun
- Sin Collector
- Nahiri, the Harbinger
- Grist, the Hunger Tide
- Escape to the Wilds
- Trostani Discordant
- Natural Order
- Celestial Colonnade
- Creeping Tar Pit
- Lavaclaw Reaches
- Raging Ravine
- Stirring Wildwood
- Shambling Vent
- Wandering Fumarole
- Hissing Quagmire
- Needle Spires
- Lumbering Falls
- Underground Sea
- Volcanic Island
- Tropical Island
- Quirion Ranger
- Frost Titan
- Crystal Vein
- Cave of Temptation
- Talisman of Creativity
- Talisman of Curiosity
- Talisman of Conviction
- Talisman of Resilience
- Talisman of Hierarchy
- Strionic Resonator
- Sunken Hollow
- Cinder Glade
- Canopy Vista
- Prairie Stream
- Smoldering Marsh
- Irrigated Farmland
- Scattered Groves
- Canyon Slough
- Fetid Pools
- Sheltered Thicket
- Seal of Cleansing
- Battle Screech
- Eidolon of Rhetoric
- Spirit Link
- Shoreline Ranger
- Deep Analysis
- Fate Unraveler
- Visara the Dreadful
- Ultimate Price
- Ruinous Path
- Bloodsoaked Champion
- Scab-Clan Berserker
- Sin Prodder
- Slice and Dice
- Firebrand Archer
- Vessel of Nascency
- Seal of Primordium
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary
- Abrupt Decay
- Appeal / Authority
- Wear / Tear
- Rhythm of the Wild
- Unburial Rites
- Enigma Drake
1 year ago
Manaweft Sliver is another two drop mana Sliver. Shifting Sliver makes all your Slivers unblockable. Venom Sliver gives all deathtouch. These three Slivers could replace three of the higher CMC Slivers that have redundant effects. Blasphemous Act wrecks your opponents with Hivelord as Commander.
- Sol Ring --> Universal Automaton
- Manaweft Sliver --> Groundshaker Sliver
- Shifting Sliver --> First Sliver's Chosen
- Venom Sliver --> Fury Sliver
- Blasphemous Act --> Lymph Sliver
Consider more draw?
- Reconnaissance Mission
- Elemental Bond: if you control an anthem effect, that effect counts to increase the power of a Silver who ETB. Many Slivers only need one anthem effect to have 3 power.
- Return of the Wildspeaker
- Pact of the Serpent
- Distant Melody
- Painful Truths
Consider cutting a few of the lesser Slivers for more draw?
- Reconnaissance Mission --> Fungus Sliver
- Wild Pair --> Watcher Sliver
- Pyre of Heroes --> Talon Sliver
- Elemental Bond --> Steelform Sliver
- Return of the Wildspeaker --> Evolution Charm
- Cinder Glade --> Sheltered Thicket
- Canopy Vista --> Blossoming Sands
- Sunken Hollow --> Temple of Mystery
- Prairie Stream --> Wind-Scarred Crag
- Smoldering Marsh --> Canyon Slough
Good luck with your deck.
1 year ago
Hey, interesting high budget version of Tovolar with less Werewolves.
Human Werewolves that don't have day/night still count towards and transform when Tovolar upkeep triggers. The better Werewolves not having day/night is not really a drawback with Tovolar. Because Tovolar can repeatedly change from day to night then you have more chances to transform nonday/night Werewolves. If you play a nonday/night Werewolf after Tovolar transforms that's fine because more than likely Tovolar will flip back daybound giving you another chance to transform all Human Werewolves you control at your upkeep.
If you want to play a small amount of Werewolves then the ones you play really should give you more than just being a Werewolf.
- Mayor of Avabruck Flip
- Huntmaster of the Fells Flip
- Tovolar's Huntmaster
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip
- Kessig Naturalist
- Scorned Villager Flip
- Reckless Stormseeker Flip: day/night Werewolf
- Outland Liberator Flip: day/night Werewolf
With such a high budget you can do better than the vanilla Werewolves who don't give you anything when they're Humans as well as when they nightbound transform? Many of the Wolves are also subpar compared to all other cards here. If you're playing the Wolves just to be able to upkeep trigger Tovolar faster any Human Werewolf will do the same thing and give you more than any of these Wolves.
Wolves and Werewolves to consider cutting:
- Pestilent Wolf, Bounding Wolf, Lambholt Harrier, Snarling Wolf
- Tireless Hauler Flip, Burly Breaker Flip, Spellrune Painter Flip
Really nice Fetch lands, but consider playing a Forest/Mountain dual land to fetch: Stomping Ground, Cinder Glade, Sheltered Thicket? Adding these lands will also give Farseek a dual land to search for instead of only being able to search for a basic Mountain. Also by adding some Forest/Mountain dual lands then you could improve the land ramp spells with Nature's Lore and Three Visits.
Some changes to consider:
- Stomping Ground --> Vivid Grove
- Cinder Glade --> Thriving Grove
- Sheltered Thicket --> Temple of Abandon
- Nature's Lore --> Lay of the Land
- Three Visits --> Rampant Growth
Some other lands that would improve the manabase by cutting some basic lands especially Mountains:
- Spire Garden
- Grove of the Burnwillows
- Karplusan Forest
- Rogue's Passage
- Cragcrown Pathway Flip
- Fire-Lit Thicket
- Rootbound Crag
- Game Trail
Arcane Signet could replace Herald's Horn since Horn doesn't do much if you're not tribal. With so few Werewolves or Humans as well as many different creature types then a mana rock would make more ramp.
Good luck with your deck.
2 years ago
Super sweet deck. I had the idea to do a Illuna + Omniscience deck, googled it, and found your list. I've got a couple suggestions though.
I think you could use more incidental token production to give you mutate targets. Cards like Lazotep Plating, Emergent Sequence, Growth Spasm, Alrund's Epiphany or Stolen by the Fae could be great ways to create tokens for you to mutate onto, outside of man lands or GSZing for Dryad Arbor or Crop Rotating for Khalni Garden. The more expensive man lands like Lumbering Falls, Wandering Fumarole and Raging Ravine feel especially clunky here as 10 mana to activate them plus mutate is pretty steep. Another angle could be adding a Dwarven Mine, and maybe a Sheltered Thicket and second basic mountain to go along with it, so that your Mire, Mesa, Tarn and Foothills can produce a creature token as well. Kher Keep could be good for this too as it's a repeatable effect.
It seems to me that you don't have enough ways to deterministically win once you get the Omniscience down. Intuition, Gamble and Mystical Tutor + a cantrip, seem like your only ways to reliably find Ignite Memories, and Intuition only gets into your graveyard. You definitely need at least 2 Regrowth / Reclaim effects so that your Intuition always gets you what you want. Bala Ged Recovery Flip, Mystic Retrieval, and Experimental Overload (since it can make a token too) are all cool options there. Playing those cards to support Intuition also allows you to play Gifts Ungiven and put together similar packages with it. Probably the best card to use to go off with Omniscience is Petals of Insight since it makes the storm count infinitely large and finds you your Ignite Memories all in one card. You could use cards like Solve the Equation or even Eerie Procession to find the Petals since it's an arcane spell. There's also Merchant Scroll which doesn't get you to the sorcery Petals directly, but it can find Firemind's Foresight, which then finds Intuition along with maybe some interaction. Brainstorm, Ponder, Preordain, Faithless Looting and Frantic Search all seem fine here as they're useful both before and after you get your Omni down. Spells like Time Twister and Time Spiral seem less good though, as there's a fair chance you could fizzle after casting them even with an Omniscience out. Enter the Infinite, Praetor's Counsel, Insurrection, Volcanic Vision, or Mnemonic Deluge also work as finishers if you want to do something bigger and splashier with Omniscience out.
Lastly, Sea Gate Restoration Flip, Valakut Awakening Flip, and Silundi Vision Flip all could be sensible additions to the mana base that double as ways to start go off with Omni. Not to mention Bala Ged Recovery that I mentioned before as part of the Intuition/Gifts package. Once you start playing any number of those spell lands, it probably then becomes a good idea to include a Gruul Turf or similar land to open up the line of Crop Rotating into a bounce land to return a spell land to hand. Once you're on this land package, Hour of Promise starts to look pretty appealing, as it can find bounce + spell land to start and Omniscience chain, or any number of various creature lands if you need something to mutate onto.
2 years ago
I think you should consider changing up the deck a bit and building around Astral Drift , just because Astral Slide is such a classic cycling deck. With Solitary Confinement being printed in MH2, you can do the cancerous Eternal Witness + Astral Drift + Solitary Confinement lock, plus Containment Priest was also reprinted which means you can exile your opponents creatures permanently with Containment Priest + Astral Drift .