Creature — Sliver
Slivers can't be blocked except by Slivers.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Shifting Sliver Discussion
1 week ago
I love slivers more than most players. It seems like your deck has a lot of slivers in it, which is good, but I feel like in some cases you need an reason to put it in besides the fact that it's a sliver. I run a bizarre kind of sliver token deck though, so in mine, I only run 17 or so slivers, so take everything I have to say with a grain of salt.
Slivers that aren't that great:
- Blade Sliver
- Dementia Sliver (I guess if you like it, you should keep it)
- Essence Sliver (this one sounds nuts, but I run Aura Shards over this, simply because it's strictly better. There is the fact that you can't tutor for it with overlord, but for me, I have the problem that essence sliver doesn't have "may," so sometimes I end up killing a lot of my own stuff. Still there's an argument to be made for it.
- Screeching Sliver (I just don't know why this card is in here. It seems like a pretty non-synergistic effect. I also feel like even if you had a lot of slivers, it would take you an ass ton of time to mill someone out by tapping them all in EDH)
Other things to take out:
- Staff of Nin (I like this card in mono-red, but that's about it. since you have access to all the colors, there's a huge amount of cards you have access to that are just better than this card. Find something that works well with your deck. I like Fecundity, but I'm in tokens. There's a lot in blue that are great. Mind Unbound will draw you a lot of cards (a lot more than the staff). and has the same CMC, but it does have double blue. I even like Phyrexian Arena in this deck.
- Hive Stirrings. (I'm in sliver tokens and I don't really love this card. Just a lot of other effects i'd rather have for 3 mana. Maybe a Mirror Entity or an Phyrexian Arena)
- Venser's Journal (I love this card, but not in this deck. I just feel like there's not enough card draw, hand size shenannagins to make use of this card. If you added like 10 more card draw spells then sure, good pick)
Stuffs to Add:
(Note: given the sliver legion and queen, it seemed like money wasn't much of an issue, so some of these picks aren't exactly budget)
- Brood Sliver (Where is this guy? seriously, he's great.)
- Cryptolith Rite (take out Springleaf Drum. Cryptolith Rite costs one more and is strictly better.)
- Amoeboid Changeling (I think I know what you're going for with Unnatural Selection. If you want though, you can even tutor it out, since amoeboid is a changeling and therefore a sliver. I only do this when I feel like I absolutely have to or I feel like being a dick. depends on your meta, but I try not to overuse this ability too much.)
- Crypt Sliver (just...yes....)
- Crystalline Sliver (this has a downside if you need to target your stuff, so don't drop it unless you need to. I feel like this is a better slot in than blade sliver or some of the lower end pumps. If you need to, only play him when you already have a sliver with a sac outlet on the battlefield)
- Mesmeric Sliver (depending on how many slivers you can drop, this gets pretty nuts. just always make opponents draw land.)
- Shifting Sliver (THIS MUST GO IN. Like seriously though. just drop this and win.)
- Coat of Arms (Most EDH decks only have access to one of these effects, but yours can have access to two with sliver legion in the deck too. I know this pumps everyone's tribal, so just have more of your tribe and you're good. Also you only have to drop this when you want to swing for lethal. Might be a good slot instead of Venser's Journal or something.)
Some nuts busted cards:
- Cryptic Gateway. (this is nuts. I love it)
- Cauldron of Souls (this is a super underrated card. When I go in and retune my deck, this is going in)
- Wild Pair (since you like cryptic gateway, you might like this card. didn't make it into mine, because i'm pretty low on slivers, but slivers always have the same power and toughness, making it really easy to use this card.)
Great deck. I'd love to hear what you think of my sliver tokens deck. I haven't tweaked it in a while so there's some obvious slot in's from Ixalan at least that need to go in. http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/make-tokens-great-again/
Thanks for sharing :)
2 months ago
First, i'd like to say that it'd be my pleasure to help you streamline your deck. So what you're seeking is efficiency, cutting the number of slivers that are redundant, or don't contribute as much...okay...i'll make some cases for what you can cut and place them into "must cut" and "maybe cut" depending on your meta and what direction you'd want to take your deck in.
Constricting Sliver: The cost simply isn't worth it. CMC 6 for a 3/3 that can only exile creatures is really underwhelming.
Darkheart Sliver: Only useful against mass removal events. Basically, he's just meant to kind of discourage them. Outside of that, CMC 2 for a 2/2 isn't bad. Doesn't contribute much past that though. You can cut this.
Hunter Sliver: Provoke is interesting, but I don't think this guy belongs given your current general. Sliver Overlord is the control oriented sliver general (Queen is combo, Legion/Hivelord are aggro). Hunter is neat, but he doesn't fit.
Lymph Sliver: No. Just no. On top of being a CMC 5 cost for a paltry 3/3, Absorb is a joke of an ability at best. It's a neat? concept but even Wizards just outright abandoned it after they thought it up. Lymph is literally THE ONLY card in all of magic to have that ability...which is awful.
Sidewinder Sliver: This guy is only any good when there are more than one. Since flanking is a triggered ability it stacks. That means with 4 sidewinders in play all creatures without flanking who are getting blocked by slivers get -4/-4. But with only 1 sidewinder, a measly -1/-1 will hardly stop anything. Especially in EDH.
Thorncaster Sliver:Has neat synergy with Venom Sliver. Outside of that, it seems to be too niche of an ability to make much of an impact. CMC 5 for a 2/2 makes it an auto removal in my opinion. You have better things to spend your mana on.
Root Sliver: Inclusion of this sliver is highly dependent on your meta. If you face counter happy decks on the regular, then definitely a must include. But if are only seeing counterspells once every blue moon (like me) then this card isn't worth the permanent slot. Keep in on the sideboard.
Telekinetic Sliver: A neat sliver, but i'd say it's highly dependent on where you want your deck to go. If you were running something like Mind Over Matter or Paradox Engine I could see this being very interesting...but just putting it in...(giggity) doesn't seem all that worthwhile. But that's just me.
Toxin Sliver: Has a very quirky and weird triggered ability that is NOT deathtouch. My problem with this guy though, is that he's a CMC 4 for a 3/3. Good synergy with Thorncaster Sliver, but not all too useful in a control oriented sliver deck. If you were going aggro? That'd be a different story.
Ward Sliver: I have mixed feelings about this one. CMC 5 for a 2/2 is an automatic no, but protection from a color of your choice can be outright amazing depending on the situation. Use your best judgement on this one, but really take a moment and examine what direction you want your deck to go in.
Hope my thoughts gave you some guidance on where you want to go with your deck. I'll definitely keep watching to see where it goes...keep on slivering my friend. Oh, and +1 for ya!
3 months ago
Ice Cave seems to be staple for any 5-color deck, and particularly here since both Root Sliver and Quick Sliver work perfectly with it. It also helps avoid those board-wipes after a Primal Surge, since all of your slivers will have both haste and the ability to tap for any color of mana, so it gives you the perfect ability to counter any threats.
Cryptolith Rite is a third Gemhide Sliver/Manaweft Sliver, and one that's not taken care of with Doom Blade and such. If you want to be a little more mana stability, Druids' Repository is a card I'm fond of as well, but might not fit this deck perfectly as the 2 green might be too much for too little here.
Tranquil Grove is a solid answer for many decks and should be in any deck with green, but without reliance on enchantments.
One with Nature is much more relevant in 60 card decks where you can stack Galerider Sliver and Winged Sliver, but many people don't seem to know of this card and I personally very much enjoy it as it's budget mana ramp+fix, plus being a permanent is always a plus in my eyes, so I thought I'd throw it in here!
3 months ago
Hi! First of all cool theme!
These are the cards I would put in and why:
Why are you not running Sliver Hive?? This card is a staple for slivers. I also think that your list lacks ways to actually hit face, Shifting Sliver should work perfectly with your gameplan. Maybe, instead of Sliver Queen you could run Sliver Hivelord, since he has an better effect overall. Sliver Legion is also nuts if you have a strong board. Harmonic Sliver is also a must have to handle enchantments or artefacts. For card draw I would play Dormant Sliver, if you have drawn enough with you slivers you can sac him to Acidic Sliver or Necrotic Sliver. Instead of Patriarch's Bidding I would play Pulmonic Sliver, more slivers ftw!! and last I would play Crypt Sliver over Sedge Sliver, you already have some "buff" slivers and the tap ability is faster than the mana ability.
Still gotta say cool deck! I would love to play against slivers some day (never encountered one)
4 months ago
There are several Sliver I think your amiss in dismissing:
Bonescythe Sliver, for cheap double strike.
Brood Sliver, for massive Sliver production.
Harmonic Sliver, for artifact/enchantment removal.
Heart Sliver, for cheap haste.
Magma Sliver, for massive gains.
Manaweft Sliver, as a backup Gemhide Sliver.
Necrotic Sliver, to turn every Sliver into a Vindicate.
Shifting Sliver, to make your team unblockable.
Sinew Sliver, as another Muscle Sliver.
Virulent Sliver, to only have to deal ten, not 40.
Winged Sliver, for more flying.
Other Slivers you might consider: Basal Sliver, Cautery Sliver, Darkheart Sliver, Essence Sliver, Groundshaker Sliver, Horned Sliver, Spined Sliver, Spitting Sliver, Lymph Sliver, Megantic Sliver, Opaline Sliver, Psionic Sliver, Pulmonic Sliver, Screeching Sliver, Sedge Sliver, Sliver Legion, Sliver Queen, Sliver Overlord, Synapse Sliver, Synchronous Sliver, and Syphon Sliver.
Cavern of Souls, obviously.
Descendants' Path, if you want to go heavy tribal.
Metallic Mimic, for extra buffs at low cost.
Obelisk of Urd, for more huge buffs.
Stoneforge Masterwork, for massive tribal buff.
5 months ago
Honestly, just finding slivers that fit your needs is always helpful.
And my favorite combo piece and honorary sliver, Amoeboid Changeling is a must. He makes opponents threats into slivers and Overlord can steal them.
As a sliver EDH player, I can tell you that tons of slivers will be useful, but the ones I said are the ones I often tutor for, along with, as Mind said, good old Meathooks, Crystaline sliver.
6 months ago
If they have two blockers, and only one is provoked, it still cannot block a creature with menace. So it still does not block.
However, if they choose to block your Hunting Sliver with 2 unprovoked Squires, the provoked Squire will be able to block and must block as well.
6 months ago
Definitely take out Failed Inspection Traumatic Visions Marang River Prowler Aether Meltdown Rod of Ruin Millstone Slayer's Cleaver Soul Separator Lens of Clarity Pacification Array Tome Scour Winged Sliver Windrider Patrol Sliver Construct Skyline Predator Shifting Sliver Hinterland Drake Monastery Flock Kheru Spellsnatcher Deep-Sea Terror Diffusion Sliver Mystical Teachings
I know thats a lot but most of those cards are just straight bad for commander, and the slivers only benefit each other and theres just not enough of them, replace those and I have a few more suggestions
Serum Visions Cephalid Constable Chasm Skulker (def get Skulker) Deadeye Navigator Delver of Secrets Flip Disciple of the Ring Djinn of Wishes Contingency Plan and Niblis of Frost are just a few more that are pretty good