Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Path of Ancestry
Path of Ancestry enters the battlefield tapped.
: Add one mana of any colour in your commander's colour identity. When that mana is spent to cast a creature spell that shares a creature type with your commander, scry 1. (Look at the top card of your library. You may put that card onto the bottom of your library.)
2 weeks ago
Okay so I'm new to deckbuilding, especially for EDH so I'm just wondering if anyone has any useful/practical suggestions for this deck. I thought Abomination of Llanowar was a cool card, so I wanted to build around that concept of getting a lot of elves onto the field and my graveyard to really boost its power and toughness.
One thing I'll mention is that, with the exception of cards that are already present in the deck, I don't want to spend more then $3-5 on a single card. So keeping all of this in mind, any suggestions?
Commander: - Abomination of Llanowar
Creatures: - Elvish Eulogist - Elvish Archdruid - Imperious Perfect - Lys Alana Huntmaster - Immaculate Magistrate - Marwyn, the Nurturer - Elvish Visionary - Shaman of the Pack - Lathril, Blade of the Elves - Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen - Beast Whisperer - Timberwatch Elf - Elvish Mystic - Canopy Tactician - Poison-Tip Archer - Skemfar Avenger - Skemfar Shadowsage - Wolverine Riders - Ruthless Winnower - Wellwisher - Golgari Findbroker - Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord - Rhys the Exiled - Nightshade Harvester - Gilt-Leaf Winnower - Elvish Doomsayer - Storrev, Devkarin Lich - Nadier's Nightblade - Fyndhorn Elves - Llanowar Elves
Sorcery: - Cultivate - Rampant Growth - Eyeblight Massacre - Shamanic Revelation - Casualties of War - Dig Up - Victimize - Sign in Blood - Spark Harvest - Diabolic Tutor - Deadly Brew - Bone Shards - Elvish Promenade
Lands: - Evolving Wilds - Command Tower - Path of Ancestry - Llanowar Wastes - Jungle Hollow - Skemfar Elderhall - Golgari Guildgate - Tainted Wood - Necroblossom Snarl - Myriad Landscape - Foul Orchard - Darkmoss Bridge - Forest x13 - Swamp x13
2 weeks ago
Out: 1. Akoum Refuge 2. Bloodfell Caves 3. Boros Garrison 4. Kabira Crossroads 5. Orzhov Basilica 6. Rakdos Carnarium 7. Scoured Barrens 8. Wind-Scarred Crag 9. Opal Palace 10. Path of Ancestry 11. Well of Lost Dreams 12. Merciless Eviction 13. Fell the Mighty 14. Blood Baron of Vizkopa
The land base needed to be refined a bit, so I got rid of anything that comes in tapped and replaced them with basic lands. I also added two legendary lands from Kamigawa, Neon Dynasty.
The board wipes, although decent, were replaced with two that have more flexibility in them - Farewell and Toxic Deluge.
Flawless Maneuver is something I'd like to play test in this deck, so it replaced Well of Lost Dreams since we don't really have a heavy lifegain strategy in this deck (and Necropotence is already in the deck).
Lastly, Blood Baron Vizkopa was replaced with Welcoming Vampire to benefit more off our token strategy with Eminence.
3 weeks ago
Metroid_Hybrid: I realize that no one said that they were good. Maybe I should have articulated my point a little better. The tempo loss from returning a land to your hand I feel is so bad that not only would I put The tapped tri-lands (Arcane Sanctum) above them, I would also rather play Rupture Spire, Transguild Promenade, Archway Commons, Gateway Plaza, Path of Ancestry in even a non-tribal deck, the vivids (Vivid Creek), Evolving Wilds, Terramorphic Expanse, panoramas (Esper Panorama), tapped 2 color lands, and even Ravnica bounces since they make 2 mana. Even as a budget tri-land I feel they are outclassed by a mile.
The point about a landfall deck is a good one though, assuming that you are generating enough extra land drops that you are limited by lands in hand.
1 month ago
I would like to recommend some cheap lands and some expensive lands.
Cheap: Myriad Landscape is a cheap, solid way to ramp a little. Since you are a goblin tribal, Path of Ancestry is also a cheap must have. Lastly, Flamekin Village is only a couple bucks, and is an additional way to give haste to a target goblin.
Expensive: (For the future, when you can afford to dump money into lands. Perhaps see if your playgroup is ok with proxies). I would look into Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx, Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle, and Vesuva. Nykthos can generate insane amounts of mana with your devotion as a mono red deck. Valakut rewards you for playing mountains with some additional burn damage to either control the field or poke someones face. Lastly, I am fond of Vesuva for its ability to copy other lands. Very powerful to get a second copy of the previously mentioned lands, or some strong non basics an opponent controls. I would replace mountains for those.
1 month ago
Cryptolith Rite, Nature's Will, Druids' Repository, and [Bear Umbra] will give repeatable combats. Nature's Will is a bit expensive, so keep Song of Freyalise instead. You can remove Battle for Bretagard, Goblin War Drums, and Mask of Avacyn to use the other three enchantments if repeatable combats is your goal. Otherwise, here are some other great additions:
Cathars' Crusade will make HUGE creatures very quickly. Brave the Sands gives the vigilance needed to take advantage of Cryptolith Rite or have blockers. Impact Tremors will cause lots of pain over time. Raiders' Spoils card draw on steroids. Something you are SORELY lacking.
Kaya, Geist Hunter a great addition that will mostly be used for her -2 ability. Rhythm of the Wild is a good card to be replaced since most of your creatures will be tokens, anyways. If you don't go with Kaya, Cathars' Crusade would probably be a better replacement for Rhythm of the Wild.
Trollbred Guardian and Hamza, Guardian of Arashin requires +1/+1 counters but you don't have very many +1/+1 counters in the deck to take advantage of this. You can remove them and instead use Mindblade Render and Oakhame Adversary for card draw. You need card draw.
Usher of the Fallen and Imperious Perfect are fairly underwhelming. Imperious Perfect is a little better, but I'd at least replace Usher of the Fallen with Rhys the Redeemed. Honestly, I'd use Ogre Battledriver over Imperious Perfect.
Tuya Bearclaw and Hamletback Goliath get big, but they can be chumped VERY easily. Lovisa Coldeyes will buff all your tokens that are harder to chump. You could maybe keep the Hamletback Giant, but Zurgo Helmsmasher or Samut, Voice of Dissent is a good choice in your deck if you decide not to.
Blaring Captain and Blaring Recruiter are also very underwhelming. Chief of the Edge can easily replace the captain, and the recruit can be replaced be literally anything (my vote would be for Impact Tremors if you haven't added it already).
You have A LOT of mana ramp in your deck, but your lacking card draw and removal. I'd maybe remove the Diamonds and add two or three mana rocks that tap for one of any color. That'll give your deck 10-11 forms of mana ramp. If you add three, that'll give room for two forms of card draw. Reconnaissance Mission, Bident of Thassa, Skullclamp, and Vanquisher's Banner are great options.
Be aware that you're sitting at only 30 lands. If you find your have a mana-base problem, I'd take out Radha, Heir to Keld, Duskwatch Recruiter Flip, or ANY of the previously discussed cards and add 3-5 lands. Out of the lands you should also add, I recommend Savage Lands, Arcane Sanctum, Crumbling Necropolis, Jungle Shrine, Nomad Outpost, Mystic Monastery, Path of Ancestry, and Unclaimed Territory.
2 months ago
So I am really digging this deck but, I see you have the same issue that most mono white decks have which is card draw. A few cards that you might want to consider to help on the draw front are, Sigarda's Splendor, Cosmos Elixir, Rogue's Gloves and,Mask of Memory. I have personally found the last two equipments work really well in my angel deck as your creatures already have evasion.
From the creature front here are a few creatures I would condsider adding:
- Speaker of the Heavens Not an angel but a really strong one drop in a deck like this.
- Serra Avenger is a super strong two drop angel and would help to lower your overall curve.
- Angel of Finality is really good graveyard hate against graveyard decks.
- Angel of Jubilation is not only an anthem for this deck but will shutdown any aristocrats strategy.
- Herald of War can be a good option to help lower your mana cost in this deck if you can find ways to reliably give it +1/+1 counters.
- Radiant, Archangel don't sleep on this card because she get +1/+1 for each other creature with flying on the battlefield. Radiant can quickly become a 10/10 or bigger with little effort from you. The vigilance is icing on the cake.
- Angelic Skirmisher is better than she looks because you get to choose which ability you give your creatures each combat.
- Angel of Vitality would be a really strong angel in your deck. Not only will she be a 3 mana 4/4 angel most games but she also will make every source in your deck that gains you life gain you an additional life. That extra lifegain will add up really fast.
A few other cards you might want to consider:
- Basilisk Collar is a cheap equipment that gives Lyra Deathtouch. Deathtouth and First Strike are a really good combo and would stop people from attacking into your board if Lyra is untapped.
- Bonders' Enclave basically a second War Room in your deck.
- Path of Ancestry you are in a tribal deck so why not scry when you play your angels?
- Ajani, Strength of the Pride don't think of him as a planeswalker in your deck, most cases he is going to be a 4 mana onesided boardwipe. Even if you can't ultimate him as soon as he comes down the other two abilities are still very relevant in your deck.
- Sword of the Animist is a really strong card in general but, in this deck it can become consistant ramp.
- Keeper of the Accord if you have never played with him he can quickly pull you back into the game if you have been missing land drops. I have had games where I play him and by my next turn I have 3 additional plains in play. Plus the first ability that makes tokens can make relevant blockers.
- Mangara, the Diplomat is really good white card draw plus he has the bonus of having lifelink which is useful in this deck.
- Eiganjo, Seat of the Empire replace a plains with this card. At worst it is a plains but, othertimes it can become a clutch removal spell.
- Emeria's Call Flip I would replace one of your plains with this card as well. At worst it is a plains that you have to pay 3 life to have it come in untapped but, when you don't need the land it is a 7 mana make two 4/4 angels which is pure upside in this deck.
- Starnheim Unleashed at worst this is a 4 mana Serra Angel which is already a better rate than a lot of your angels in this deck but, if you Foretell it then this card can single handedly win you the game.
Lastly you have a lot of 7 and 8 mana drop angels in this deck and unless they are actively winning you the game as soon as they come down then I would consider removing them. Think about it, for the same mana as Akroma, Angel of Wrath I could play Insurrection which can win me the game as soon as the spell resolves. That being said Insurrection is not even a spell that I actively play due to it costing so much mana. Just food for thought as I would personally consider removing some of your bigger angels for some of the lower costed angels I listed above as it would help to smooth out your curve and make your games more consistent.
Still really cool deck!
2 months ago
Thank you, how much Lands should i replace?
Thats Fair point with the Path of Ancestry, will also be replaced.
2 months ago
Nice deck! I think you're doing a great job finding card that create the necessary attack triggers and there is good synergy here. I think Path of Ancestry is unnecessary in this deck since you're not gonna be utilizing its ability all that much with your current creature base. I also think you have too much land in the deck, which can be supplemented with more creatures with attack triggers, a way to protect your creatures in combat, or a way to recycle your creatures from the graveyard.