Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Search your library for up to two Forest cards, put them onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.
1 week ago
OK here we go lol
I'd recommend that you replace all of those lands ramp spells that cost more than 2 with more mana rocks instead! Your guild signets (Selesnya Signet, Orzhov Signet & Golgari Signet) & talismans (Talisman of Hierarchy, Talisman of Resilience & Talisman of Unity) are all better options since this isn't a Landfall deck.
2 months ago
Udpate 18-07-2023: Trying to lean into more two colour for the theme. also d=trying to lower curve, focus on protecting PWs to actually get ultimates off, as the deck struggles to close games. Idea before was almost that any of the good stuff I find can run away with the game (assemble the legion and narset), but I don't think winning that way will be as satisfying. I think it would be good if I can get a PW out, get them to ult, and if that fails, niv to refresh hand and then give it another go.
- Hostage Taker --> Baleful Strix - cheaper, good blocker, cantrip
- All Suns' Dawn --> Primevals' Glorious Rebirth - more expensive and less flexible but direct to battlefield
- Merciless Eviction --> Kardur, Doomscourge - cheaper, gain rakdos, lose removal, still protects walkers
- Silent Arbiter --> Dueling Grounds - cheaper and two colour, doesn't provide blocker
- Ranger's Path --> Expand the Sphere - can get any lands, should find some in top 6, can proliferate
- Basalt Monolith --> Black Market Tycoon - lose ral and brigthhearth synergy, cheaper, and two colour
- Swords to Plowshares --> Batwing Brume - was mainly in there as a simple staple, gain PW protection, two colour
- Assemble the Legion --> General Ferrous Rokiric - was two colour good stuff, now cheaper, and colour synergy
- Thalia's Lancers --> Jenson Carthalion, Druid Exile - lose tutor for combo, cheaper, two colour, colour synergy
- The Wanderer --> Gold-Forged Thopteryx - lose removal and protection, cheaper, two colour, a little protection
- Nevinyrral's Disk --> Pernicious Deed - more expensive, but can do in one turn, and two colour
- Narset, Enlightened Master -> Grateful Apparition - was good stuff, cheaper, PW synergy
- Boros Signet --> Staff of Compleation - more expensive, more flexible, PW synergy
- Rampant Growth --> Birds of Paradise - fragile but cheaper
- Skyshroud Claim --> Radha, Hearth of Keld - worse ramp, but gain gruul and two colour
- Azorius Signet --> Coiling Oracle - blocker, two colour, worse ramp
2 months ago
As we are using green and you said you where land screwed… why not using more land-tutoring classics like Kodama's Reach, Farseek, Nissa's Pilgrimage, Nissa's Triumph, Skyshroud Claim, Rampant Growth,… our commander costs a lot of resources…
And: not just for flavour but i would use Shelob, Dread Weaver as well. You geht the Big shelob trigger, make a food-copy of a opponent’s dead creature then exile it with small Shelob for Graveyard hate and maybe get recur it for yourself later…
Horn of the Mark could do some work too.
Edit: i forgot to mention Shelob's Ambush which is a highly flavourful card!
2 months ago
Cards to consider cutting:
Volcanic Fallout, Skyshroud Claim, Heaven / Earth, Wayward Swordtooth, Sun-Crowned Hunters, Raging Regisaur, Kinjalli's Caller, Druid of the Anima, Drover of the Mighty, Burning Sun's Avatar, Cacophodon, Star of Extinction
Cards to consider adding:
Kodama's Reach, Regisaur Alpha, Chain Lightning, Blasphemous Act, Carnage Tyrant, Deathgorge Scavenger, Etali, Primal Storm, Annoyed Altisaur, Apex Altisaur, Giant Cindermaw, Harnessed Snubhorn, Sheltered Thicket, Scattered Groves, Sacred Peaks, Kinjalli's Sunwing, Kogla and Yidaro, Quartzwood Crasher, Rampaging Ferocidon, Runic Armasaur, Topiary Stomper, Tyrranax Rex, Wakening Sun's Avatar, Elemental Bond, Taurean Mauler, Unbreakable Formation, Vanquisher's Banner, Coat of Arms, Door of Destinies, Herald's Horn, Path of Ancestry, Pillar of Origins, Pyre of Heroes, Secluded Courtyard, Stoneforge Masterwork, Unclaimed Territory, Vanquisher's Banner
the add section kinda got out of hand, but they are all worth considering
4 months ago
My suggestions are based on not spending an arm and a leg to make improvements but maybe a finger or toe.
At a quick glance the first comment I have is lands seem a little low. I personally lean towards 36 if the deck isn't mono colored.
I know they are a bit slower but I would suggest using the tri colored lands as you are already using fetches. These lands add some real good color fixing early on and if they do become dead in hand cycle them away. Spara's Headquarters, Zagoth Triome, Indatha Triome and Raffine's Tower. I would replace your lands that reference the opponent count to come in untapped.
A land that goes on theme is Mirrex since it can get you mites as the game drags on. A second land I recommend since your land base is so varied is Field of the Dead, the zombies can add up and are nice little chumps if need be.
With the above changes I would say Crucible of Worlds but if you find sometimes you struggle to have something to play Conduit of Worlds is an extra mana but has the ability to give you the chance to cast something when you might not have anything else to work with.
I would personally go full Praetor and run each variation if possible for the big flavor. The added benefit is each one of them is practically game warping, but be warned it can attract a lot of attention. The newest Vorinclex is probably the odd man out though since he only finds basic forests and Dominaria Sheoldred simply because of price. Added benefits of the new praetors is you can accelrate their saga. Realmbreaker, the Invasion Tree would then make a very nice inclusion if you go that way.
Cards to consider dumping for them from what I can at a first glance are Flesh-Eater Imp, Plague Stinger, Septic Rats and Slaughter Singer. I chose these because I don't feel once they hit the board they are something that people say "this needs to die".
Norn's Choirmaster is a recent card that gives your commander even more of a presence on the board.
On the sorcery since the only card that I don't like the look of is Nature's Lore, sure it is a cheap way to get you your colors especially if you have dual typed lands but if we are upping the land count I would switch it to a Skyshroud Claim since it can find you the same lands but untapped if the land can come in untapped for mana efficiency.
The biggest suggestion on the instant side would be to add Krosan Grip over Infectious Bite. Sure the bite is a form of removal and poison generation but I find having one of the best artifact/enchantment removals is the better option.
I understand the suggestion fromm KongMing as a strong one but I don't think it works the way he intended it Temporal Distortion does put counters on their lands but it removes ALL of them not just one so even if you proliferate it doesn't keep the lands tapped down longer unless you destroy your own enchantment.
Astral Cornucopia is nice with since you can keep building it but getting only one color out of it can be problematic at times. I suggest replacing with a Crystalline Crawler if you are find being a little off theme.
I would find a home for Chromatic Lantern, having one artifact to fix all of your mana problems is very nice especially when in more than two colors.
Overall there are a couple of other cards I would recommend to consider but unsure of an exact home without taking apart every step. Grafted Exoskeleton, Tainted Strike, if you go the praetor route Geth's Summons is a great reanimation spell of you have the corrupted. Yawgmoth's Vile Offering is also a very strong spell for reanimation and removal. Inexorable Tide should probably have a home somewhere, it is a bit high CMC but it gets the job done. As Foretold also helps a lot of mana problems, do keep in mind it can also be used off turns if you have instant speed spells.
5 months ago
Forgot to say what to take out for the three cards above: Green Sun's Twilight, Hull Breach, Lukka, Bound to Ruin. The Twilight is unrealiable until you spend a lot of mana into it. The Breach is sorcery-speed. The planeswalker does not do much here.
Now some small upgrades you can make:
If you run fetchable lands (Ziatora's Proving Ground, Blood Crypt, Stomping Ground, Overgrown Tomb, Canyon Slough, Woodland Chasm, Sulfurous Mire, Highland Forest, Haunted Mire, Geothermal Bog, Wooded Ridgeline), consider running Three Visits, Farseek, Into the North and Skyshroud Claim instead of Sakura-Tribe Elder, Rampant Growth, Explosive Vegetation and Thran Dynamo.
Since you run Crux of Fate, it might be better not depend on non-dragon creature ramp: Courser of Kruphix, Shaman of Forgotten Ways and Solemn Simulacrum could instead be Scaled Nurturer, Fellwar Stone and Coalition Relic.
5 months ago
Hello! I saw your deck help tag and wanted to give some insight.
I don't run Miirym as commander, but I do have her in the 99 in Smashing Faces with the Ur-Dragon, and she always pushes me to victory whenever she's allowed to stick on the battlefield.
Some areas you might want to change to improve your consistency:
1 - Ramp
- Farseek and Fellwar Stone are great for fixing for multiple colors of mana. You might take out Birds of Paradise (dies so easily), Sakura-Tribe Elder (fixes for only one color) and Sword of Once and Future (no synergy with dragons) for them.
- Skyshroud Claim is great for the same reasons above. Frontier Siege never impressed me in a multicolor deck, because I often need colors outside of .
- If you run the suggestions above, you probably need more fetchable dual lands: Ketria Triome, Breeding Pool, Steam Vents, Stomping Ground, Sheltered Thicket, Wooded Ridgeline.
- If you run Into the North, you can also use Highland Forest, Rimewood Falls, Volatile Fjord and some snow basics (Snow-Covered Forest, Snow-Covered Island, Snow-Covered Mountain) to fetch.
2 - Draw/Haste
- It is tough to cast Tribute to the World Tree in a 3-color deck without Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth or Chromatic Lantern on the battlefield. Maybe you want Temur Ascendancy instead.
3 - Removal/Boardwipes
- Chain Reaction cleans your own dragons. Curse of the Swine should get rid of your opponents' most problematic creatures. If you face a lot of token decks, Surtland Frostpyre is a boardwipe on a land that leaves most of your dragons alive.
- Green Sun's Twilight could be Chaos Warp as a second Beast Within.
4 - Protection
- In my dragons deck, I often want protection and haste for more than one creature. Swiftfoot Boots got swapped out for Asceticism.
- Slip Out the Back could instead be Heroic Intervention (it has good synergy with Blasphemous Act).
- If you don't want to be attacked, Propaganda might deter more attackers than Fog.
- Can you cast Counterspell and Bane's Contingency reliably? Swan Song or Arcane Denial might be easier to cast considering your manabase.
5 - Card draw
- Rishkar's Expertise, Garruk, Primal Hunter and Return of the Wildspeaker are the cream of the crop of green card draw. You might want to remove Blur, Essence Flux and Ghostly Flicker for them. (Instead of running flicker effects to save your creatures, it might be better to just run more threats in case they are dealt with - and card draw helps with that.)
6 - Better threats
- Dragon Broodmother creates tokens at a much faster pace than Dragonmaster Outcast.
- Korlessa, Scale Singer never impressed me. Knollspine Dragon is way better at drawing cards.
- Overwhelming Stampede wins games harder than Thundermaw Hellkite.
- I would take out Flameblast Dragon for Utvara Hellkite.
7 - Some utility lands you might want to run
7 months ago
Heroic Intervention is excellent protection.