Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
The “legend rule” doesn’t apply to permanents you control.
Each legendary creature you control gets +1/+1.
Each nontoken creature you control gets +1/+1 for each other creature you control with the same name as that creature.
1 week ago
Myriad would indeed force you to sacrifice down to one if it is equipped to a legendary creature.
- Mirror Box and Mirror Gallery work around this
- Seeing as you are in an equipment strategy Helm of the Host works as well in which you would equip Blade of Selves to the nonlegendary token copy.
Just keep in mind commander damage only comes from your commander. Clones or token copies do not count towards commander damage. I will say Helm of the Host is great tho regardless cuz you will get more card draw triggers and you can equip for free.
2 weeks ago
You might be able to fit Mirror Box in the sideboard if you’re plating against a slower deck.
1 month ago
Mirror Box is actually pretty interesting. Most of my copies aren't tokens so Mirror Box could supply a decent amount of +1/+1 bonuses. It's also lower CMC than sakashima and harder to remove. I gotta find a way to squeeze it into the deck.
1 month ago
Love this idea!
1 month ago
Made some changes to the deck felt like it had too many legendary equipment in the deck. Added: Professional Face-Breaker, Conqueror's Flail, Thran Power Suit, Quietus Spike, Mirror Box & Mirror Gallery. Removed: Solemn Simulacrum, Colossus Hammer, Sword of the Animist, Blackblade Reforged, Kaldra Compleat, Embercleave.
1 month ago
This may just be wistful fancy, but I really want to get Squadron Hawk to work in modern.
I'm just going to run though my thoughts on the list I'm trying to craft and hope someone sees something I haven't.
Direction of the List
- I ultimately want something that utilizes the usefulness of the search effect of the hawks, while ideally being mono white.
- At one point I ended up with a list similar to Death and Taxes at one point, but I didn't like the dilution that Hawk caused in that list as Hawk's not a prison piece.
- Brought Back is a card I keep looking at, but it wants lots of etbs/fetch effects, and that doesn't seem to feed overall into the controlly plan I have thus far with Solitude/March
Pros of the Hawks:
One hawk leads to
- 3 white cards in hand
- 3 creatures in hand
- 3 flyers in hand
- 3 cards with the same name in hand
- I couldn't find anything good in modern that cares about shared names or naming a specific card (Aside from Mirror Box, but that requires different setup), so I scrapped this one pretty quickly.
- This feels promising, as Sephara, Sky's Blade looks like an interesting payoff. However she requires a lot of flyers, and she likes the cheaper ones better. Although now I think about it an Aether Vial shell with her would be interesting...
White Cards Matter
- Solitude, March, and Sunscour are the only good cards I could find in modern that cared about white cards in hand. And honestly, Solitude and March will probably make the list regardless
- I didn't find anything in mono white that really cared about having creatures in hand, but I haven't dived too deep into this one yet.
And that brings me here. Is there a potential home for Squadron Hawk, or is it just a meme at this point? All suggestions/thoughts welcome :)
(Disclaimer: I know Hawks are bad. I just want a functioning list)
4 months ago
I have a similar build I am using in Arena Historic and I threw in Mirror Box to let me pull multiple copies of the best shrines. Also I put in two Hallowed Haunting to really give it some fun mechanics with all the enchantments.