|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masters 25 (A25)||Rare|
|Duel Decks: Phyrexia vs. The Coalition (DDE)||Rare|
|Future Sight (FUT)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
: Put a charge counter on Coalition Relic.
At the beginning of your precombat main phase, remove all charge counters from Coalition Relic. Add one mana of any color to your mana pool for each counter removed this way.
|Have (6)||, robbnoble , metalmagic , awalloftext , Bluboltar , jecder|
|Want (12)||icsvortex , ZeroPlus , JimmyRustle , jophess99 , whitethunder8101 , ulvenbanan , Gondorian , Luarviq , LordBushbaby , alexl86 , derpyplatypus , Barberik|
Coalition Relic Discussion
1 week ago
Fellwar Stone , Talisman of Progress , Crystal Vein , and Generator Servant will help speed things up a bit. Basalt Monolith , Worn Powerstone , and Coalition Relic are 3 drops worth considering also.
Smoke also 100% deserves a spot here.
Feel free to check out my list for ideas. It's an extra turns Narset but still plenty of ideas. Upvotes on any of my decks are appreciated. Narset, American Beauty
1 week ago
Hello, first things first I must thank you for reaching out to me. Recently I got sick and tired of more casual Ur-Dragon decks and I'm very glad that someone out there also looks for ways to make it more optimized.
So let's start the analysis, creatures first:
- I feel like this deck would use more dorks like Bloom Tender and Deathrite Shaman - this brings total of non-Dragon creatures to 5 but they all have CMC 1-4 and very clear purpose as they ramp and provide other useful abilities like grave hate, trample or more than 1 mana. I perfectly understand hesitation when it comes to Bloom Tender because of it's high price but Deathrite Shaman is pure value so it gets banned everywhere, which combined with recent reprint makes it very affordable.
- Verix Bladewing - I feel like this dragon is a trap. It tempts you with 3 CMC but brings nothing more than a quasi-vanilla 4/4 with Flying and when kicked is nothing more than 1 mana more expensive Broodmate Dragon so...
In case of Broodmate... I don't think someone would use spell like this:
- Crucible of Fire - I think it's a "win more" card and sometimes you win without combat so I'd recommend Carpet of Flowers - helps estabilishing early even if it gives only 1 more mana. There are of course times that this enchantment will be useless but the times it's very powerful and helpful really outweigh the negatives so no wonder it's used in many cEDH builds
- I really like the idea of 1 CMC counterspell but how about Stubborn Denial ? Instead of giving someone body to block/sac you have Mana Tithe early (just observe if someone completely taps out) and straight up Negate later since almost every creature in the deck is able to meet that requirement.
- Also I can't recommend enough value of Vandalblast - it's very cheap removal or just artifact wipe and I'm really happy card with this flexibility exists.
- I don't really like the idea of Urza's Incubator since it helps other's cast their Dragons and I just prefer mana rocks that color fix. This might sound contradictory to the idea behind Goreclaw but she is a big body and provides slight buff and trample on top of cost reduction so it all justifies it's inclusion. For mana rock that would help maybe Mana Vault ?
- Speaking of fixing I personally use Expedition Map for this reason and when I'm done fixing I can just tutor for Cavern of Souls or Homeward Path in more control match-ups. Also I don't understand the hype behind Coalition Relic .
- Planeswalkers tend to die fast so I evaluate them as modal spells and Sarkhan Unbroken is not very impressive:
- So to the above point I'd just go for Sarkhan Vol , which has haste or Act of Treason modes or Sarkhan the Mad to just kill someone with dragons by combat without combat (like some kind of Sun Tzu xD) and if it survives for another turn then draw off of it or get token.
- Also I'm thinking about running Living Death - what are your thoughts?
And that's probably it from me, let me know what you think about these.
1 week ago
My maybe board is kinda wild right now as I need to playtest this with my group to see where I should adjust. Here is my maybe list: Aetherworks Marvel Bontu's Monument Cauldron of Souls Coalition Relic Eldrazi Monument Elixir of Immortality Goblin Bombardment Golgari Signet Grave Betrayal Gruul Signet Hedron Archive Lifecrafter's Bestiary Phyrexian Tower Rakdos Signet Reliquary Tower Rings of Brighthearth Sword of the Animist Tamiyo's Journal
1 week ago
Nice deck +1
Here some cards you may consider:
Rest in Peace - imho must be put in first place.
Braid of Fire - cast more instants at your upkeep.
Radiate - mana heavy but can be really devastating.
Balefire Liege - pretty nice synergy with deck tech.
Imperial Recruiter - nice tutor of course if you put more creatures in deck.
Phalanx Leader - synergy with one bellow.
Runaway Steam-Kin - synergy with one up.
Labyrinth Champion - no need explanation.
Thermo-Alchemist - no need explanation.
Electrostatic Field - no need explanation.
Firebrand Archer - no need explanation.
Chromatic Lantern - no need explanation.
Coalition Relic - no need explanation.
2 weeks ago
Alright lets start with cards that don't hold a lot of value to cut...
- Shattered Angel
- Restoration Angel: Great with the combo not without.
- lightkeeper of emeria: Emeria Shepherd would be good here instead.
- Fallen Angel
- Dawnbreak Reclaimer
- Basandra, battle angel
- Wayfarer's bauble / Armillary Sphere: Chromatic Lantern or Coalition Relic
- Paradox Engine: Kaalia doesn't cast the creatures so you get no triggers, and you should want to cheat out most of your things
- Voice of All: love this card, but most commander decks aren't one color, so pro-mono-color isn't so great
- Utvara Hellkite: Not enough dragons!
2 weeks ago
I've tried several of the cards from your cut list and I'm obviously not running several of them, my thoughts are Dimir House Guard and Sidisi, Undead Vizier are easily replaced by (better) tutors and you could easily make due with fewer tutors than i'm running, especially if you're trying to dial things back a bit.
I like Razaketh, the Foulblooded as a top of the curve finisher creature with upsides. for me i have a decent amount of artifact ramp to be able to cast him (and Shifting Shadow to maybe grab him for free), but I will readily admit that he's at the absolute top of my curve and could easily be replaced since he doesn't really add too much to the deck. he's just a "win more" card really and I don't think I would miss him all that much if i cut him.
Guildmages' Forum is better than Opal Palace in my opinion and i don't see much need to run both. Forum lets you put a counter on any multicolored creature (which i have several) and palace only on marchesa, so it's a straight improvement.
Forge of Heroes sounds like a terrible mobile game, but it's a great insurance policy on marchesa and unlike opal palace, etc. you can use it even if it isn't your turn.
the scry lands obviously could be replaced by ABUR duals or something, but i'm not made of money and haven't ever really felt they were hindering the deck so may as well keep them.
I don't really rate Helm of the Host too highly, it doesn't do anything in particular for the deck and it costs soooo much mana.
Aetherborn Marauder , Bloodhunter Bat , Filigree Familiar none of these has that great of an effect in my opinion. looks like you're wanting to work some life gain into the deck and i think it's a good idea to have some. i run Basilisk Collar and Wurmcoil Engine to fill that role. of those cards you linked i think Gray Merchant of Asphodel is probably the best option and is a card i have considered. but so far between my card draw and tutors i've not had too much trouble finding one of my lifegain cards and it is usually feasible to steal something with lifelink via Hostage Taker or Thief of Sanity
I'm running Massacre Wurm as a newer addition and so far it's working out, though i'm not 100% sold on it. it mostly clears tokens and Elvish Mystic s and such, but the life loss on it can be fairly substantial. i could go either way on it right now.
Nicol Bolas, the Ravager Flip is amazing. i would play it even if it didn't turn into a planeswalker. 4/4 flying ETB opponents discard is already super good. i usually don't even bother to flip him most of the time. if you were going to add one card this is high on my list of recommendations. he's performed strongly every game i play him.
Krav, the Unredeemed is kind of high on the mana curve for this kind of effect. considering he doesn't have flying (oddly) or any other evasion i'm not a big fan of using him as a beater, and so he's in a bit of a rough spot.
i don't see any reason to run Judith, the Scourge Diva she's not really better than Blood Artist or similar and there's plenty of effects like this in a variety of forms (creature, enchantment, etc) i think the incidental life loss to a single player or a couple points of damage to a creature is not going to really be anything to write home about and in EDH when you have 120 life to deal with it's just not good enough.
I don't see any point in running Embargo as it doesn't synergize with the deck particularly well. i suppose you could try to use it to keep your opponents creatures tapped down for some swings, but i dont really think there's much point in it. i speak similarly about Herald of Secret Streams in my write up.
Hall of the Bandit Lord is might be worth running, but i haven't ever tested it.
Coalition Relic is fine, it's a cmc3 rock. nothing special. i would recommend you run CMC2 or less rocks if you can, but as far as CMC3 ones go it's on the better end.
feel free to mess around with cards in my maybe board if you're looking to try some different things. i haven't tried all of them, but they're things that have caught my eye from time to time.
2 weeks ago
Hey Lokotor, Your Marchesa list is honestly one of the only few ones that I like on tappedout ha
I was wondering if I could get some advice. How can I improve my deck? I don't wnt to make it super OP. But more fun, and resilient. All the life loss to stay on the throne is sometimes, a lot of times, an issue. In multiplayer I may take out 1 person, 2 sometimes, but then I'm the next to go.
I'm thinking of swapping some cards. Big list of cards I'm considering. How have these cards worked for you if you've played with them?
Helm of the Host - seems reall good, Aetherborn Marauder , Bloodhunter Bat , Filigree Familiar , Gray Merchant of Asphodel , Massacre Wurm , Nicol Bolas, the Ravager Flip, Krav, the Unredeemed , Kokusho, the Evening Star , Keiga, the Tide Star , Judith, the Scourge Diva , Etali, Primal Storm , Hall of the Bandit Lord , Embargo , Coalition Relic
I know there are a few different types of cards in there, but you can see where it's going. I want to recoup some of the life loss, increase mana, make the deck a bit faster, etc.
2 weeks ago
Need to find a way to add Coldsteel Heart without losing a mana source.
Coalition Relic occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.05%