Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Chain Reaction deals X damage to each creature, where X is the number of creatures on the battlefield.
2 months ago
Really cool concept! I have a few ideas.
Not sure about Dismiss into Dream. How many single-target spells or effects are you running? I count 6.
Speaking of walkers, definitely replace Cloud Key with Rowan, Scholar of Sparks Flip. It's straight up better. Strongly consider Ral, Storm Conduit, if only that it ramps up damage with your commander out. Consider Koth, Fire of Resistance as a decent land-fixer (which means you'll draw less lands and have more mana), and Jaya Ballard for simple acceleration.
If your pool is competitive, you could run Back to Basics or at least Blood Moon. This will slow down many decks and give you more time. Adding fetches in your colors (should be 5) means that you can take out 2 islands and 3 mountains and still hit your curve.
Reins of Power and Insurrection could replace Chain Reaction and Incite Rebellion, allowing you to use those resources against opponents and kill them, which would have the added benefit of removing their creatures.
I know you don't want to run any creatures, but Stuffy Doll is a decent deterrent and is too funny not to leave out.
2 months ago
Board wide damage effects seem pretty good with your Commander, Pestilence, Pyrohemia, Chain Reaction and Blasphemous Act all jump out as good enough cards. Mandate of Abaddon is probably well beyond good if Kresh is at all beefy, he'll suddenly be even bigger on an empty board if all goes well. As long as your Commander has at least 4 toughness Ezuri's Predation would be hilarious, even if a bunch of 4/4s bite the bullet your Commander just gets bigger.
Rite of the Raging Storm seems almost unholy with your Commander, I normally love this card but here you are going to be farming 5 power creatures over and over, and they're never attacking you.
If your Commander is fairly big then Return of the Wildspeaker, Rishkar's Expertise, Soul's Majesty, Momentous Fall (also good if your Commander is going to die, as is Greater Good), Grothama, All-Devouring, and Mask of Griselbrand can all draw you a decent number of cards. Overwhelming Stampede and Fungal Sprouting both seem very good with your Commander.
Thunderfoot Baloth, Siege Behemoth, Kamahl, Heart of Krosa, Blossoming Bogbeast, and Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma are decent sources of Trample that are stapled to a body, and they're all fairly budget. Keep an eye out incase Pathbreaker Ibex goes down in price, that's a very good effect with your Commander. Just a heads up, but if you run lots of sources of Trample for your Commander, then anything that provides Deathtouch looks a ton better, with Deathtouch you just deal 1 damage per creature and Trample over the rest. Bow of Nylea, Saryth, the Viper's Fang, and Ohran Frostfang are all very good sources afaik, there are others kicking around if you look!
3 months ago
Creature removal: Beast Within, Decimate, Kenrith's Command, Mawloc, Domri's Ambush, Ground Assault, Clan Defiance, Pit Fight, Ram Through, Inscription of Abundance, Ulvenwald Tracker, Lignify, Prizefight, Cosmic Hunger, Tail Swipe, Bite Down, Rabid Bite, Master's Rebuke, Devouring Tendrils, Warbriar Blessing, Epic Confrontation, Tandem Takedown, Chaos Warp, Vow of Lightning, Meteor Swarm, Volcanic Salvo, Arni Slays the Troll
Artifact/Enchantment removal: Migloz, Maze Crusher, Hull Breach, Kogla and Yidaro, Klauth's Will, Artifact Mutation, Cindervines, Vithian Renegades, Reclamation Sage, Tranquil Frillback, Kogla, the Titan Ape, Manglehorn, Masked Vandal, Titan of Industry, Woodfall Primus, Wickerbough Elder, Vandalblast, Abrade, Fall of the Hammer
Ramp: Goblin Anarchomancer, Incubation Druid, Springbloom Druid, Sanctum Weaver, Gyre Sage, Fertilid, Kami of Whispered Hopes, Biophagus, Wolfwillow Haven, Klothys, God of Destiny, Gift of Paradise, Font of Fertility, Dawntreader Elk, Omen of the Hunt, New Horizons, Blighted Burgeoning
We'll check these out next time.
4 months ago
5 months ago
Hello! I saw your deck help tag and wanted to give some insight.
I don't run Miirym as commander, but I do have her in the 99 in Smashing Faces with the Ur-Dragon, and she always pushes me to victory whenever she's allowed to stick on the battlefield.
Some areas you might want to change to improve your consistency:
1 - Ramp
- Farseek and Fellwar Stone are great for fixing for multiple colors of mana. You might take out Birds of Paradise (dies so easily), Sakura-Tribe Elder (fixes for only one color) and Sword of Once and Future (no synergy with dragons) for them.
- Skyshroud Claim is great for the same reasons above. Frontier Siege never impressed me in a multicolor deck, because I often need colors outside of .
- If you run the suggestions above, you probably need more fetchable dual lands: Ketria Triome, Breeding Pool, Steam Vents, Stomping Ground, Sheltered Thicket, Wooded Ridgeline.
- If you run Into the North, you can also use Highland Forest, Rimewood Falls, Volatile Fjord and some snow basics (Snow-Covered Forest, Snow-Covered Island, Snow-Covered Mountain) to fetch.
2 - Draw/Haste
- It is tough to cast Tribute to the World Tree in a 3-color deck without Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth or Chromatic Lantern on the battlefield. Maybe you want Temur Ascendancy instead.
3 - Removal/Boardwipes
- Chain Reaction cleans your own dragons. Curse of the Swine should get rid of your opponents' most problematic creatures. If you face a lot of token decks, Surtland Frostpyre is a boardwipe on a land that leaves most of your dragons alive.
- Green Sun's Twilight could be Chaos Warp as a second Beast Within.
4 - Protection
- In my dragons deck, I often want protection and haste for more than one creature. Swiftfoot Boots got swapped out for Asceticism.
- Slip Out the Back could instead be Heroic Intervention (it has good synergy with Blasphemous Act).
- If you don't want to be attacked, Propaganda might deter more attackers than Fog.
- Can you cast Counterspell and Bane's Contingency reliably? Swan Song or Arcane Denial might be easier to cast considering your manabase.
5 - Card draw
- Rishkar's Expertise, Garruk, Primal Hunter and Return of the Wildspeaker are the cream of the crop of green card draw. You might want to remove Blur, Essence Flux and Ghostly Flicker for them. (Instead of running flicker effects to save your creatures, it might be better to just run more threats in case they are dealt with - and card draw helps with that.)
6 - Better threats
- Dragon Broodmother creates tokens at a much faster pace than Dragonmaster Outcast.
- Korlessa, Scale Singer never impressed me. Knollspine Dragon is way better at drawing cards.
- Overwhelming Stampede wins games harder than Thundermaw Hellkite.
- I would take out Flameblast Dragon for Utvara Hellkite.
7 - Some utility lands you might want to run
5 months ago
This looks really fun!
Glacial Chasm doesn't particularly make sense in a deck where combat is a wincon. If you needed to stave off combat, I think board wipes would probably be more effective (Chain Reaction for instance).
Temur Sabertooth is kind of mediocre unless you have really strong ETB effects and want the indestructible. Arcbound Crusher is also much worse than it looks - I ran it back in the day when I played kitchen table magic and it didn't particularly hold its own even there.
Hope those help you with cuts, GL HF!
5 months ago
Chain Reaction is another good damage based boardwipe.
6 months ago
A nice spare Ghostly Prison effect can be found in Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs or Sphere of Safety, there are also Baird, Steward of Argive and Windborn Muse. In a pinch a card like Spurnmage Advocate or Intrepid Hero can make good deterants.
Vs running so many 1 colour wards have thought about Flickering Ward? You can run various tutors that can find it or another Enchantment such as Heliod's Pilgrim or Moon-Blessed Cleric, there are various spells that can do the same or better, plenty can also find equipment. If you do stick Flickering in you could also try Mesa Enchantress, which is also great with enchantments period.
Hope some ideas here apply, I typed this fairly early in the morning, with only so much coffee, so forgive me if this is a heap of spam!