Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Land — Mountain Forest
(: Add or .)
As Stomping Ground enters the battlefield, you may pay 2 life. If you don't, Stomping Ground enters the battlefield tapped.
eliakimras on Jund Dragons
1 month ago
Forgot to say what to take out for the three cards above: Green Sun's Twilight, Hull Breach, Lukka, Bound to Ruin. The Twilight is unrealiable until you spend a lot of mana into it. The Breach is sorcery-speed. The planeswalker does not do much here.
Now some small upgrades you can make:
Assassin's Trophy and Tear Asunder are more versatile than Artifact Mutation and Putrefy.
If graveyard decks are rampant on your playgroup, Baleful Mastery works better than Terminate.
If you run fetchable lands (Ziatora's Proving Ground, Blood Crypt, Stomping Ground, Overgrown Tomb, Canyon Slough, Woodland Chasm, Sulfurous Mire, Highland Forest, Haunted Mire, Geothermal Bog, Wooded Ridgeline), consider running Three Visits, Farseek, Into the North and Skyshroud Claim instead of Sakura-Tribe Elder, Rampant Growth, Explosive Vegetation and Thran Dynamo.
Since you run Crux of Fate, it might be better not depend on non-dragon creature ramp: Courser of Kruphix, Shaman of Forgotten Ways and Solemn Simulacrum could instead be Scaled Nurturer, Fellwar Stone and Coalition Relic.
Garruk, Primal Hunter and Return of the Wildspeaker draw way more cards than Read the Bones and Dragonmaster Outcast (this last one is too slow to get going).
You probably want to run Ash Barrens, Blighted Woodland and Myriad Landscape for more fixing and ramp. Exotic Orchard and Secluded Courtyard wouldn't hurt, either.
eliakimras on miirym , need recommendations
1 month ago
Hello! I saw your deck help tag and wanted to give some insight.
I don't run Miirym as commander, but I do have her in the 99 in Smashing Faces with the Ur-Dragon, and she always pushes me to victory whenever she's allowed to stick on the battlefield.
Some areas you might want to change to improve your consistency:
1 - Ramp
- Farseek and Fellwar Stone are great for fixing for multiple colors of mana. You might take out Birds of Paradise (dies so easily), Sakura-Tribe Elder (fixes for only one color) and Sword of Once and Future (no synergy with dragons) for them.
- Skyshroud Claim is great for the same reasons above. Frontier Siege never impressed me in a multicolor deck, because I often need colors outside of .
- If you run the suggestions above, you probably need more fetchable dual lands: Ketria Triome, Breeding Pool, Steam Vents, Stomping Ground, Sheltered Thicket, Wooded Ridgeline.
- If you run Into the North, you can also use Highland Forest, Rimewood Falls, Volatile Fjord and some snow basics (Snow-Covered Forest, Snow-Covered Island, Snow-Covered Mountain) to fetch.
2 - Draw/Haste
- It is tough to cast Tribute to the World Tree in a 3-color deck without Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth or Chromatic Lantern on the battlefield. Maybe you want Temur Ascendancy instead.
3 - Removal/Boardwipes
- Chain Reaction cleans your own dragons. Curse of the Swine should get rid of your opponents' most problematic creatures. If you face a lot of token decks, Surtland Frostpyre is a boardwipe on a land that leaves most of your dragons alive.
- Green Sun's Twilight could be Chaos Warp as a second Beast Within.
4 - Protection
- In my dragons deck, I often want protection and haste for more than one creature. Swiftfoot Boots got swapped out for Asceticism.
- Slip Out the Back could instead be Heroic Intervention (it has good synergy with Blasphemous Act).
- If you don't want to be attacked, Propaganda might deter more attackers than Fog.
- Can you cast Counterspell and Bane's Contingency reliably? Swan Song or Arcane Denial might be easier to cast considering your manabase.
5 - Card draw
- Rishkar's Expertise, Garruk, Primal Hunter and Return of the Wildspeaker are the cream of the crop of green card draw. You might want to remove Blur, Essence Flux and Ghostly Flicker for them. (Instead of running flicker effects to save your creatures, it might be better to just run more threats in case they are dealt with - and card draw helps with that.)
6 - Better threats
- Dragon Broodmother creates tokens at a much faster pace than Dragonmaster Outcast.
- Korlessa, Scale Singer never impressed me. Knollspine Dragon is way better at drawing cards.
- Overwhelming Stampede wins games harder than Thundermaw Hellkite.
- I would take out Flameblast Dragon for Utvara Hellkite.
7 - Some utility lands you might want to run
- Exotic Orchard, Unclaimed Territory and Secluded Courtyard fix your colors.
- Haven of the Spirit Dragon fixes your colors and bring Dragons back from the dead.
- Littjara Mirrorlake clones one of your Dragons.
- Blighted Woodland and Myriad Landscape ramp you into Miirym.
DraconicDestruction on Tokens, Tokens, and more Tokens
2 months ago
Those cards are really good in token decks, but I am trying to make this deck somewhat affordable so that I can buy it later on. this is also the reason why im not running any lands like Stomping Ground, Sacred Foundry, or Temple Garden and finishers like Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite and Craterhoof Behemoth (that and their high mana costs).
legendofa on Animar, Soul of Elements
4 months ago
Dezibell The dual lands work for that. If the first land is something like Stomping Ground, you can tap that for on turn 1, drop your Elvish Mystic or whatever, and play a Yavimaya Coast (or something that can make ) turn 2 to get Stomping Ground , Mystic , Coast .
Ziusdra on Ixalan Park
4 months ago
Since you have shock lands, Ranger's Path and/or Three Visits might be a ramp spell you can get behind, since it doesn't require basic land types and you can fetch your shock lands right onto the battlefield tapped. Even if you don't need green, fetch the Temple Garden or Stomping Ground to expand your white and red mana. Better yet, Jetmir's Garden for when you can spend a few extra bucks on the deck again.
Also, no hideaway lands? I feel like all three of the hideaway lands in your colors would be easy to trigger by your deck, especially the Mosswort Bridge.
legendofa on Rootpath Purifier
7 months ago
It would prevent damage from Primal Order and Price of Progress, and Blood Moon and Magus of the Moon don't effect you.
How does it interact with Null Chamber, though? With Rootpath Purifier out, does Stomping Ground count as the name of a basic land?
Alesamuel on Jodah Big Spell
7 months ago
I would recommend some of the Eldrazi titans, such as Kozilek, Butcher of Truth, Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger as some big top end bombs. Some ramp creatures wouldn't go amiss either, such as Birds of Paradise, and Dryad of the Ilysian Grove.
In terms of Instants, Sorceries, and Enchantments, getting some more of the Ultimatum cycle (Brilliant Ultimatum, Cruel Ultimatum, Emergent Ultimatum) might be a good idea, and Sunbird's Invocation would be a good idea too if you are casting such big CMC cards.
Another recommended addition would be Nicol Bolas, God-Pharaoh as it is just a straight up good card for the colour and big mana theme.
I'd recommend replacing the tapped tri-lands (Arcane Sanctum, Crumbling Necropolis, Frontier Bivouac, Jungle Shrine, Mystic Monastery, Nomad Outpost, Opulent Palace, Sandsteppe Citadel, Savage Lands, and Seaside Citadel) with the shock land cycle (Blood Crypt, Breeding Pool, Godless Shrine, Hallowed Fountain, Overgrown Tomb, Sacred Foundry, Steam Vents, Stomping Ground, Temple Garden, and Watery Grave) as they are easier to fetch for or find with ramp spells.
Final notes: Give the deck a little more of a creature focus, having as few as you have right now you'll find there is very little to hit with your reanimation, but other then that, good job on the first draft! looking forward to see how it plays out!
ndame24 on Counter Deck
9 months ago
Rebullet I get what you're saying. My thinking on Dragonskull Summit and Rootbound Crag is that Overgrown Tomb, Stomping Ground, or Ziatora's Proving Ground are all a combination of forest, swamp, and/or mountain. So lands like Dragonskull Summit and Rootbound Crag will entered untapped. And Ziatora's Proving Ground gives cycling if drawn later in the game
|Have (3)||Azdranax , metalmagic , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
|Want (23)||XxSirKittehxX , jw560211_magic , Jumping_Jordan , Qwi , AdamChafee , riverspree16 , II_Two_II , rtadams , beesaurs , Amaterasu312 , ZAC727 , ag.abramstien , JonnyRuriki , ming_ant , theyounghansolo , zachi , Black09 , Pumpernickel_McSwagnugget , Jhiaxus , bladeoathkeeper , taggs96 , Arrathion , icetrae|