Back:Glasspool Shore Flip
Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creature — Shapeshifter Rogue
You may have Glasspool Mimic enter the battlefield as a copy of a creature you control, except it's a Shapeshifter Rogue in addition to its other types.
1 month ago
In the case of Isochron Scepter and Elite Arcanist, you cast copies of both cards, and for the Arcanist will be equal to the sum of the mana values of the cards. If you have a pair of linked abilities where the first ability exiles one card and the other ability does something with "the exiled card", then if the first ability has exiled multiple cards for some reason, the second ability will act on all of the exiled cards. A quote of the full text of the relevant rule is given below.
There's no interaction with Gauntlet of Power's first ability or Glasspool Mimic Flip's ability because those aren't triggered abilities. They're replacement effects that modify how the card enters the battlefield. Triggered abilities always start with one of the words "when", "whenever" or "at". Replacement effects can usually be identified by their use of "as", "with" or "instead".
607.3. If, within a pair of linked abilities, one ability refers to a single object as “the exiled card,” “a card exiled with [this card],” or a similar phrase, and the other ability has exiled multiple cards (usually because it was copied), the ability refers to each of the exiled cards. If that ability asks for any information about the exiled card, such as a characteristic or mana value, it gets multiple answers. If these answers are used to determine the value of a variable, the sum of the answers is used. If that ability performs any actions on “the” card, it performs that action on each exiled card. If that ability creates a token that is a copy of “the” card, then for each exiled card, it creates a token that is a copy of that card. If that ability performs any actions on “a” card, the controller of the ability chooses which card is affected.
1 month ago
eliakimras on B.F.D.
3 months ago
Glancing through your cards, your deck's problem might be because you're building it based on best-case scenario, with tons of clones and blink synergies. (In my playgroup, Miirym always gets removed before her untap step, so the Miirym player does not rely on her sticking to the board.)
I'll suggest some upgrades for your deck based on making it more consistent and less dependant on Miirym:
Explosive turns with lots of cost reducers sound nice... if people don't blow up your dorks before you get any value from them.
- I would swap out Dragonlord's Servant, Goblin Anarchomancer, Bronze Walrus, Dragonspeaker Shaman, Open the Gates, Mind Stone, Lapis Orb of Dragonkind, Commander's Sphere, Gilded Lotus for Fellwar Stone, Farseek, Nature's Lore, Three Visits, Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, Chromatic Lantern, Coalition Relic, Herald's Horn.
2nd. You need more lands (36 lands + 13 ramp cards is a good starting point)
- Storage lands like Crucible of the Spirit Dragon are only worth it with proliferate shenanigans. Exotic Orchard serves you better.
- Forgotten Cave and Tranquil Thicket can be Sheltered Thicket and Ketria Triome instead. (Synergy with the landfetchers above.)
- Highland Lake, Swiftwater Cliffs, Temple of Epiphany, Timber Gorge and Woodland Stream could be these utility lands instead: Mosswort Bridge, Myriad Landscape, Blighted Woodland, Kessig Wolf Run, Littjara Mirrorlake.
- Bala Ged Recovery Flip, Valakut Awakening Flip and Glasspool Mimic Flip are three spells that can be played as a land. I would take out Dragonmaster Outcast, Delina, Wild Mage and Demanding Dragon for them.
- Evolving Wilds and Terramorphic Expanse could be swapped out for Unclaimed Territory and Secluded Courtyard.
3rd. Better counterspells
4th. Better removal
5th. Better boardwipes
- Klauth's Will is a more versatile Magmaquake. Ryusei, the Falling Star can be cloned for extra doom for your opponents. Curse of the Swine does not touch your board.
- I would take out Magmaquake, Preordain and Opt for the cards above.
6th. More card draw
- Garruk's Uprising is a better Colossal Majesty.
- Garruk, Primal Hunter and Return of the Wildspeaker are also all-stars here. I would take Korlessa, Scale Singer and Mirror Box out for them.
7th. Better win conditions
- About this, please check miirym , need recommendations build and the comment I made on that page. You have plenty of options in this regard.
6 months ago
Assuming that Glasspool Mimic Flip was cast from hand, you will get the bounce trigger. When an object refers to itself by name it is referring to the object it is on. The bounce trigger is an ETB, and there is never a time when the Glasspool Mimic Flip is on the battlefield and not a copy of Cyclone Summoner.
7 months ago
Nature's Lore, Three Visits, Masked Vandal, Heroic Intervention, Boros Charm, Species Specialist, Kargan Intimidator, Dusk / Dawn, Dowsing Dagger Flip, Kindred Discovery, Kindred Dominance, Kindred Summons, Bojuka Bog, Scavenger Grounds are all worth consideration
I'd take out: Sol Ring Most of your mana costs are colored. Explore replace with better ramp as suggested above. Derevi, Empyrial Tactician not sure what this does here. Thassa's Oracle you're not looking to mill yourself out. Brainstorm only good if you can shuffle your library regularly such as with fetch lands. Demonic Consultation you're not looking for specific combo pieces Spell Pierce. You want to be spending your mana early, not keeping this up. Same with Mana Drain. Rally the Ranks. If you're gonna do this kind of effect, use something nicer like Realmwalker Coastal Piracy. Doesn't seem as good here as Kindred Discovery
7 months ago
9 months ago
9 months ago
Rasaru - updated the list to reflect what I am currently running with. Big changes including new power like Displacer Kitten/Glasspool Mimic Flip/Chromatic Orrery/Lae'zel's Acrobatics. Invested more into Stifle effects (Tale's End, Trickbind, Disallow, Sublime Epiphany) which power up our flicker-removal value via countering the delayed trigger, some direct upgrades/substitutions (eg: Rout --> Vanquish the Horde, Sanctum Gargoyle --> Archaeomender, Fact or Fiction --> Memory Deluge), and finally caved to the mainboard Eldrazi Displacer.
Thanks for checking it out, let me know what y