Counter target spell unless its controller pays .
|Have (2)||, gildan_bladeborn|
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster: Store Edition (MYSTOR)||Common|
|Mystery Booster: Convention Edition (MYSCON)||Common|
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Common|
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Common|
|Tempest Remastered (TPR)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Speed vs. Cunning (DDN)||Common|
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Common|
|2011 Core Set (M11)||Common|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Common|
|Ninth Edition Foreign Black Border (9EDFBB)||Common|
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||Common|
|Promo set for Gatherer (PSG)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Mana Leak occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.35%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%
Mana Leak Discussion
5 days ago
What is your budget for this deck?
Constricting Sliver - I still maintain that this sliver is just bad design, and I think you'd be better off running actual interaction in the form of Swords to Plowshares/Path to Exile. The previously mentioned sliver is only relevant mid-to late game. It's literally a dead card between turns 1-5 (maybe 6 if you get like...zero ramp). You're in 5 colors, so why not use that to your advantage and run some of the most quintessential interaction cards from ALL the colors?
Leeching Sliver - this card is entirely reliant on combat damage, and the slivers being able to get through and not die for the effect to have any sort of lasting impact. I propose you swap this sliver out with Lavabelly Sliver. Similar effect, but your opponents will have far less interaction with it - meaning less chances for it to be removed. You also have the additional benefit of gaining life AND targeting planeswalkers - that's a win, win, win.
Diffusion Sliver - is an ok at best deterrent, but isn't really going to do much for you in the long run. mana in addition to the for Path to Exile to target and remove your Commander? Still a bargain. Maybe you haven't been targeted enough during games...but I know I sure feel the heat when I play slivers. I make it a point to use actual interaction and not rely on the remote chance that I can get all the keywords on the field. To make a Slivers deck - heck, any deck better you need consistency not variety. I'd vote for a Counterspell, a Mana Leak, any sort of cheap (monetary and CMC) monoblue interaction for this slot.
You need Homeward Path. In case you ever have the misfortune of going up against Sliver Overlord - you will lose 100% of the time. Not sure about your meta, you might be just fine - but in the off chance an important Sliver gets snatched away the consequences can cost you everything. Get some sort of countermeasure in this regard. I'd say get either the previously mentioned, or at least a decent sac outlet like Basal Sliver. Slot it in for Acidic Sliver - that thing is just antiquated in a bad way in terms of design.
I've said my peace. I look forward to your updates.
1 week ago
In regards to sideboards - they don't exist in EDH. This is a singleton format where players bring their decks as they are. So...unless those are cards you are considering for the deck - ya gotta cut em. Now here are some suggestions on what you could put in the deck to help it run more consistently:
- Manaweft Sliver: Like Gemhide Sliver but better.
- Worldly Tutor/Congregation at Dawn: These are tutors that have synergy with your commander (who must already be in play). Tutor for the 1 (or 3 slivers that each have a CMC 1 less than the other} and place it on top of your library. When casting Congregation at Dawn you can stack 3 slivers each with 3 different CMCs and - voalá you have 2 more Slivers coming into play.
- Skyshroud Claim/Pir's Whim/Nature's Lore/Sliver Hive/City of Brass/Exotic Orchard/Reflecting Pool/Chromatic Lantern/: For a 5c deck you have woefully little ramp/manafixing.
- Path to Exile/Swords to Plowshares/Anguished Unmaking/Krosan Grip/Beast Within/Generous Gift/Counterspell/Swan Song/Mana Leak/Arcane Denial/Forbid: Your deck has very little interaction - making you just a passive victim when your opponents decide it's time to deal with you - or when your opponents are going off. You need to be able to act. Slivers aren't passive creatures, and neither should you be when piloting them.
HONORABLE MENTIONS FOR ADDITIONAL CUTS: I know I went over a bunch of cuts in my previous post, but here are some more suggestions -
- Assemble the Legion/Retreat to Emeria/Birthing Boughs: You don't need Sliver Queen to make more tokens in an efficient manner. Allow me to introduce you to Brood Sliver and Hive Stirrings. Why go throught the trouble of making a janky combo that creates soldier tokens/changelings in cheap Sliver costumes when you could just...make Slivers? You also have the added flavor of getting double the tokens per combat damage assignment step when you have both Brood Sliver and Bonescythe Sliver out on the battlefield. Worse yet - Legion, Emeria and Boughs have absolutely no synergy with your commander outright. you have to hope you have Hivestone on the battlefield. AND THEN even if you have alll of the parts and pieces on the board you have literally zero cards in your deck that are CMC 0 - as tokens have a CMC of 0 - creating a total non-bo that just allows you to only be able to shuffle your library. That's it.
2 weeks ago
Klaive Evasive Action sees all the land types of duals as well. Which means turn 2 with only 1 dual in play it's usually a bad Mana Leak (but I won't typically have up the Mana to cast it anyway), then turn 3 on I usually have another dual and it becomes better Mana leak. Spell Snare is hugely impactful in the current meta, hitting everyone's favorite wincons of Flash and Thassa's Oracle. It also hits a huge amount of Counterspells and a large number of common draw engines, as well as several tutors as well. I have continued to be impressed by it. We are on a fast enough combo that I feel I benefit from having caverns in my opener where it functions as a better Mox Diamond. It doesn't feel great to draw midgame though (though sometimes mox diamond is even more dead midgame) and that is something to consider.
3 weeks ago
I very much agree about that Rhystic Study
Mana Leak effects are taxes, like white does. I think Chancellor of the Annex makes a lot of sense. In my opinion, white should be the color of mana-dependent counters and blue of hard counters. Mental Misstep, Negate, Essence Scatter, and of course, Counterspell seem right, which Mana Tithe seems more flavorful to white than any of the blue versions of the effect.
Snow Creature - Yeti
When Abominable Recluse enters the battlefield, sacrifice all other creatures you control.
You can't cast creature spells and no creatures can enter the battlefield under your control.
I think this could be a solid Spike-Timmy card, like Rotting Regisaur.
I'd like another taxing white effect
3 weeks ago
mtgplayer100: I drop the four Serum Visions for 3 Wall of Omens and 1 Electrolyze. I also dropped 1 Celestial Colonnade for another Glacial Fortress, dropped 1 Remand for 1 Mana Leak, also tweaked the side deck. Any other Suggestions you can think of?
3 weeks ago
Version 2.0 Upgrade:-Enchanted Carriage, +Renegade Freighter // -Screaming Shield, +Bonesplitter // -Prophet of the Peak, +Signal Pest // -Inquisitive Puppet, +Cultivator's Caravan // -Mana Leak, +Opt // -Mortivore, +Gonti, Lord of Luxury // -Renata, Called to the Hunt, +Witchstalker // -Vigorspore Wurm, +Gaea's Revenge // -Vorstclaw, +Genesis Hydra // -Hurricane, +Elvish Mystic // -Khalni Heart Expedition, +Utopia Sprawl // -Aerial Assault, +Banishing Light // -Wild Griffin, +Cleansing Nova // -Light of the Legion, +Raise the Alarm // -Cloud Crusader, +Midnight Haunting // -Frilled Mystic, +Hydroid Krasis // -Conclave Cavalier, +Camaraderie // -Sumala Woodshaper, +March of the Multitudes // -Worldsoul Colossus, +Selesnya Charm. Lockets out, signets in.
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
Suggestions: Better artifacts. -Golden Egg, +Chromatic Lantern // -Enchanted Carriage, +Renegade Freighter // -Screaming Shield, +Bonesplitter // -Prophet of the Peak, +Signal Pest // -Gate Colossus, +Shrine of Loyal Legions // -Inquisitive Puppet, +Cultivator's Caravan // -Mana Leak, +Opt // -Mortivore, +Gonti, Lord of Luxury.