Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Green Sun's Twilight
Reveal the top X plus one cards of your library. Choose a creature card and/or a land card from among them. Put those cards into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order. If X is 5 or more, instead put the chosen cards onto the battlefield or into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.
1 week ago
Did not update the list for long so it's time to look through few cards from latest sets at least:
Invasion of Ikoria Flip - powerful card which has to compete with better searching effects in Green Sun's Zenith and Chord of Calling though. Possibility to have 8/8 beater is tempting but gives opponent 6 life first and that may be relevant.
The Shire - funny land for Food-based builds. No real use here especially when Ouphe and Bane are around.
Bramble Familiar - mana dorks do not really fit into Azusa but this one can turn into quasi-seach effect with some for of buyback. Too slow in my opinion.
Feral Encounter - despite being 2CMC it is designed to be cast on Turn 4 or later. Disqualified.
Flayer of Loyalties - this one is interesting. I'm going to swap second Kozilek for it and test how aggressive/oppressive it can be.
1 month ago
Thanks so much Willen! I like Green Sun's Twilight, but I guess my fear would be the potential of spending 6+ mana on a whiff. I could always try it out to see how it plays in here, definitely has potential as a 'Sneak Into Play' category candidate.
1 month ago
I really, REALLY loved your deck. Amazing. As a dragon lover, your deck looks so good to pilot. I'll suggest something to you think about: Green Sun's Twilight. Put a dragon and a land for 6 mana (1 green and 5 to X) in the battlefield looks very interesting, since it's almost impossible not have creatures and lands at the top deck.
7 months ago
Forgot to say what to take out for the three cards above: Green Sun's Twilight, Hull Breach, Lukka, Bound to Ruin. The Twilight is unrealiable until you spend a lot of mana into it. The Breach is sorcery-speed. The planeswalker does not do much here.
Now some small upgrades you can make:
If you run fetchable lands (Ziatora's Proving Ground, Blood Crypt, Stomping Ground, Overgrown Tomb, Canyon Slough, Woodland Chasm, Sulfurous Mire, Highland Forest, Haunted Mire, Geothermal Bog, Wooded Ridgeline), consider running Three Visits, Farseek, Into the North and Skyshroud Claim instead of Sakura-Tribe Elder, Rampant Growth, Explosive Vegetation and Thran Dynamo.
Since you run Crux of Fate, it might be better not depend on non-dragon creature ramp: Courser of Kruphix, Shaman of Forgotten Ways and Solemn Simulacrum could instead be Scaled Nurturer, Fellwar Stone and Coalition Relic.
7 months ago
Hello! I saw your deck help tag and wanted to give some insight.
I don't run Miirym as commander, but I do have her in the 99 in Smashing Faces with the Ur-Dragon, and she always pushes me to victory whenever she's allowed to stick on the battlefield.
Some areas you might want to change to improve your consistency:
1 - Ramp
- Farseek and Fellwar Stone are great for fixing for multiple colors of mana. You might take out Birds of Paradise (dies so easily), Sakura-Tribe Elder (fixes for only one color) and Sword of Once and Future (no synergy with dragons) for them.
- Skyshroud Claim is great for the same reasons above. Frontier Siege never impressed me in a multicolor deck, because I often need colors outside of .
- If you run the suggestions above, you probably need more fetchable dual lands: Ketria Triome, Breeding Pool, Steam Vents, Stomping Ground, Sheltered Thicket, Wooded Ridgeline.
- If you run Into the North, you can also use Highland Forest, Rimewood Falls, Volatile Fjord and some snow basics (Snow-Covered Forest, Snow-Covered Island, Snow-Covered Mountain) to fetch.
2 - Draw/Haste
- It is tough to cast Tribute to the World Tree in a 3-color deck without Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth or Chromatic Lantern on the battlefield. Maybe you want Temur Ascendancy instead.
3 - Removal/Boardwipes
- Chain Reaction cleans your own dragons. Curse of the Swine should get rid of your opponents' most problematic creatures. If you face a lot of token decks, Surtland Frostpyre is a boardwipe on a land that leaves most of your dragons alive.
- Green Sun's Twilight could be Chaos Warp as a second Beast Within.
4 - Protection
- In my dragons deck, I often want protection and haste for more than one creature. Swiftfoot Boots got swapped out for Asceticism.
- Slip Out the Back could instead be Heroic Intervention (it has good synergy with Blasphemous Act).
- If you don't want to be attacked, Propaganda might deter more attackers than Fog.
- Can you cast Counterspell and Bane's Contingency reliably? Swan Song or Arcane Denial might be easier to cast considering your manabase.
5 - Card draw
- Rishkar's Expertise, Garruk, Primal Hunter and Return of the Wildspeaker are the cream of the crop of green card draw. You might want to remove Blur, Essence Flux and Ghostly Flicker for them. (Instead of running flicker effects to save your creatures, it might be better to just run more threats in case they are dealt with - and card draw helps with that.)
6 - Better threats
- Dragon Broodmother creates tokens at a much faster pace than Dragonmaster Outcast.
- Korlessa, Scale Singer never impressed me. Knollspine Dragon is way better at drawing cards.
- Overwhelming Stampede wins games harder than Thundermaw Hellkite.
- I would take out Flameblast Dragon for Utvara Hellkite.
7 - Some utility lands you might want to run
8 months ago
Consider cutting: Green Sun's Twilight, Expand the Sphere, Feed the Infection, Venomous Brutalizer , Myr Convert, Ria Ivor, Bane of Bladehold, Carrion Call, Phyrexian Atlas, Vat of Rebirth, Norn's Annex, Necroblossom Snarl, Shineshadow Snarl, Fortified Village.
9 months ago
Yes, it is. In the past few sets, nothing quite worthwhile was released Stax-wise though. the new Elesh is definitely interesting, but updates will happen when something that is a must for the list gets printed. Right now the Elesh is a solid flex pick. And the Jailer is okay in foodchain-heavy meta but that's about it
the list is currently what I have in place now but cards do go in and out for testing all the time.
The green sun is a card that's interesting too.