Search your library for a Plains, Island, Swamp, or Mountain card and put it onto the battlefield tapped. Then shuffle your library.
|Have (3)||IcyLightning , , Irishprince|
|Want (3)||goodnyte14 , Spaghetti13 , JoEHKay|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
3 days ago
- Anger > Emissary
- Scute Swarm > Charnelhoard
- Titana > Centaur Vinecrasher
- Accident Greenwarden > Boduka Gardener
- Radha > Yavimaya Elder
- Tireless Tracker > Monstrosity
- Tireless Provisioner > Acidic Slime
- Azusa > Soul/Innistrad
- Fabled Passage > Forge of Heroes
- Thespian’s Stage > Khalni Garden
- Field of the Dead > Haunted Fengraf
- Dark Depths > Warped Landscape
- Constant Mists > Worm Harvest
- Chaos Warp > Ruinous Path
- Nissa > Stitch Together
- Valakut Exploration > Kaya's Ghostform
- Beast Within > Putrefy
- Bala Ged Recovery > 1 Forest
- Valakur Awakening > 1 Mountain
- Skyshroud Claim > Explosive Vegetation
- Farseek > Far Wanderings
- Cinder Glade > 1 Swamp
- Highland Forest > Kazandu Refuge
- Woodland Chasm > Jungle Hollow
- Sulfurous Mire > Rakdos Carnarium
3 days ago
Anger > Emissary Scute Swarm > Charnelhoard Titana > Centaur Vinecrasher Accident Greenwarden > Boduka Gardener Radha > Yavimaya Elder Tireless Tracker > Monstrosity Tireless Provisioner > Acidic Slime Azusa > Soul/Innistrad Fabled Passage > Forge of Heroes Thespian’s Stage > Khalni Garden Field of the Dead > Haunted Fengraf Dark Depths > Warped Landscape Constant Mists > Worm Harvest Chaos Warp > Ruinous Path Nissa > Stitch Together Valakut Exploration > Kaya's Ghostform Beast Within > Putrefy Bala Ged Recovery > 1 Forest Valakur Awakening > 1 Mountain Skyshroud Claim > Explosive Vegetation Farseek > Far Wanderings Cinder Glade > 1 Swamp Highland Forest > Kazandu Refuge Woodland Chasm > Jungle Hollow Sulfurous Mire > Rakdos Carnarium
6 days ago
Hey, your deck looks good, except the manabase, it looks neglected.
My suggestions are how to improve the manabase on a budget. Some upgrades to consider:
- Exotic Orchard --> Stone Quarry
- Haven of the Spirit Dragon --> Tranquil Expanse
- Battlefield Forge --> Wind-Scarred Crag
- Cinder Glade --> Rugged Highlands
- Canopy Vista --> Temple of Plenty
- Alpine Meadow --> Temple of Triumph
- Game Trail --> Temple of Abandon
- Fortified Village --> 1x Forest
- Furycalm Snarl --> 1x Mountain
- Naya Panorama --> 1x Mountain
- Opal Palace --> 1x Forest
- Ash Barrens --> 1x Plains
- Command Beacon --> 1x Mountain
By adding Glade, Vista and Meadow then Farseek could replace Rampant Growth as a land ramp spell upgrade since Farseek can search for a dual land to help color fixing. Glade and Vista will also make Skyshroud Claim better.
Good luck with your deck.
1 week ago
Hey, you're welcome.
Draconic Rage Upgraded to Scion (Budget) is a budget example I made of taking the Draconic Rage precon and adapting it to play five colors with Scion of the Ur-Dragon as Commander instead. Scion is not Ur-Dragon, but he's also a five color Dragon who cares about Dragons and he's not $40.00. The budget manabase in my version is built around a package of land ramp spells: Farseek , Nature's Lore , Three Visits , Into the North , Wood Elves and Skyshroud Claim that can search for a Tango land or Snow dual land to help with color fixing.
To further help with color fixing on a budget I've also included several 2 CMC mana sources that can make any color of mana: Arcane Signet , Paradise Druid , Ornithopter of Paradise and Fertile Ground . Because of the low budget I've dedicated quite a lot of deck spots to ramp, but I feel I need to do this for the deck to function with five colors. Low CMC ramp is what I want to be consistently casting in the early game to have mana for Dragons or Scion activations for the mid and late game.
1 week ago
Hey, much improved version, good job.
Aesi looks like she belongs as the Commander of this version. You have several excellent cards, much more than the other version, but you forgot Sol Ring . What this version needs now is consider more low CMC ramp?
The creatures who can put a land from your hand onto the battlefield are good, but they're only ramp if you have lands in your hand making them some times inconsistent sources. You want reliable ramp sources to be able to consistently cast Aesi and other higher CMC cards as well as cards with X mana costs which you want to pay a lot of mana for them. Land ramp spells have interaction with Aesi because it puts a land onto the battlefield.
- Sol Ring --> Scute Mob
- Arcane Signet --> Eternity Vessel
- Farseek --> Beacon of Tomorrows
- Nature's Lore --> Path of Discovery
- Three Visits --> Mass Manipulation
- Lotus Cobra --> Hooded Hydra
- Sakura-Tribe Elder --> Gelatinous Genesis
In my last comment, at your other version, I suggested that low CMC ramp could replace little creatures to have more overall interaction with Aesi. These suggestions are examples, they're low CMC ramp sources that you can hopefully cast early. By adding Rimewood Falls then Farseek, Lore, Visits can search for a Simic dual land to help ramp and color fixing. Breeding Pool is the more expensive price Shock land that can also be searched for.
In the above suggestions I've also suggested cards that could be cut. The majority of the cards to cut are higher CMC than the ramp sources. Most of the suggested cuts are worse cards than other cards, they're redundancy that's not needed or have effects that are subpar.
A process that should be a big part of deck building is streamlining. Streamlining is keeping all the best cards at each CMC and cutting the lesser cards. Another name for this process is "cutting the fat" meaning you're cutting out unnecessary cards because you have better cards that do the same thing or are just much more powerful no matter the CMC.
The process also is meant to help the mana curve by cutting redundancy, many high CMC cards which reduces the average CMC of the deck that will make gameplay better. At higher budgets it's easier to streamline because you have access to more cards, but at lower budget you sometimes need to use some lesser cards as filler. Filler is not needed when you have a $400+ budget.
An example of a streamlined creature base using cards already in your version and some cards I've suggested.
- Sakura-Tribe Scout
- Sylvan Safekeeper
- Genesis Hydra
- Llanowar Scout
- Lotus Cobra
- Sakura-Tribe Elder
- Steelbane Hydra
- Azusa, Lost but Seeking
- Courser of Kruphix
- Dryad of the Ilysian Grove
- Scute Swarm
- Altered Ego
- Tatyova, Benthic Druid
- Ancient Greenwarden
- Hydra Broodmaster
- Rampaging Baloths
- Roil Elemental
- Avenger of Zendikar
Example of streamlined enchantments.
- Druid Class
- Elfhame Sanctuary
- Mana Breach
- Rhystic Study
- Teferi's Ageless Insight
Cards that were cut from these examples.
- Hooded Hydra
- Primordial Hydra
- Cosima, God of the Voyage
- Guardian of Tazeem
- Archetype of Endurance
- Liege of the Tangle
- Dissipation Field
- Path of Discovery
- Court of Bounty
Good luck with your deck.
1 week ago
Hey, there's a new Commander product that just released called Adventures in the Forgotten Realms Commander and Draconic Rage is one of the four precons. It's two color Gruul with Dragon theme and in the precon are several cards that are upgrades for your deck.
- Arcane Signet --> Traveler's Amulet
- Nature's Lore --> Stream of Life
- Atarka, World Render --> Darigaaz Reincarnated
- Klauth, Unrivaled Ancient --> Palladia-Mors, the Ruiner
- Savage Ventmaw --> O-Kagachi, Vengeful Kami
- Vrondiss, Rage of Ancients --> Dragonlord Atarka
- Skyline Despot --> Broodmate Dragon
- Dragonborn Champion --> Verix Bladewing
- Chaos Dragon --> Boneyard Scourge
- Garruk's Uprising --> Crucible of Fire
- Return of the Wildspeaker --> You Come to the Gnoll Camp
- Beast Within --> Draconic Roar
- Haven of the Spirit Dragon --> Gateway Plaza
- Path of Ancestry --> Dimir Guildgate
- Game Trail --> Azorius Guildgate
If you want to be more competitive than the number one area for improvements to consider is the manabase. Due to budget I don't expect to see Shock lands and Fetch lands, but you could improve the manabase a lot even without them. On a budget rely more on basic lands, more Forests than others and some dual lands that have interaction with basic lands. The reason for this is basic lands always ETB untapped to make mana.
Play more Forests than others because green mana helps the most to get the other colors with land ramp spells. Mountains should be next because red is the most important color to cast Dragons. Those two colors are overall the two most important with Dragons.
Currently there's 26 of the 37 lands that always ETB tapped which makes the manabase really slow. In my opinion you're better off having the land ETB untapped and make less colors then ETB tapped and make more colors. On a budget a don't expect you to play all lands that always ETB untapped, but limit the amount of lands that don't to much less than 26. If you're going to play lands that always ETB tapped then choose Rainbow lands ( Path of Ancestry ) or the Tri lands ( Savage Lands ) since these lands can make one of five colors or one of three colors which on a budget is worth it ETB tapped.
Example of a budget five color manabase:
- 15 basic lands: more Forests and Mountains than others.
- Command Tower, Exotic Orchard, Unclaimed Territory , Haven of the Spirit Dragon , Path of Ancestry
- Ash Barrens, Evolving Wilds, Terramorphic Expanse
- The World Tree
- 4 Tri lands: Jungle Shrine, Savage Lands , Frontier Bivouac , Opulent Palace
- 5 Tango lands: Cinder Glade, Canopy Vista , Sunken Hollow , Prairie Stream , Smoldering Marsh
- 3 Pain lands: Murmuring Bosk , Yavimaya Coast , Llanowar Wastes
Tango lands can ETB tapped, but more basic lands help for them not to. By adding more Tango lands then Farseek could also be added as a land upgrade for Grow from the Ashes since Farseek can search for a Tango land.
If interested I offer more advice. Would you like more advice? Good luck with your deck.
2 weeks ago
I would leave the mana dorks question up to how you feel in your playgroup(s). If you feel like the deck needs to be faster, then they're a good option. I myself leaned into Explore , Farseek , and Growth Spiral for ramp in my deck, but my playgroup tends to be removal-heavy, so mana dorks just die before I can use them.
I also didn't mention Mystic Reflection last time. I think the card can be really sneaky in your deck. Either you can make small fractals or other unimpressive creatures (see: mana dorks) you have into something better, or you can make enemy creatures into fractals (they don't copy +1/+1 counters, so they're 0/0's) as removal.
3 weeks ago
Btw I never seen this commander before (your deck appeared to me on the main page) and I am really looking forward on doing something similar here...