Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
Planeswalker — Gideon
+1: Until end of turn, Gideon, Ally of Zendikar becomes a 5/5 Human Soldier Ally creature with indestructible that's still a planeswalker. Prevent all damage that would be dealt to him this turn.
0: Create a 2/2 white Knight Ally creature token.
-4: You get an emblem with "Creatures you control get +1/+1."
3 weeks ago
Fushiii - I appreciate the description as that gives me some context as to what direction the deck is heading. I also agree with you the best thing you could do would be to shave this deck down to 60 cards and add a proper sideboard rather than just kinda mashing the two together and added a couple extra lands. if you do manage to shave it down to 60 cards, this likely also means adjusting your land count depending on the average CMC of the deck so you do not just need to cut the good stuff. 25 lands is likely not enough as it currently is at 71 cards and a ~2.5 CMC but drop it down to 60 cards and a similar CMC and you could likely get away with running like 23 lands...
In terms of what I would suggest to cut from the deck to shave things down, you can go a couple ways with this...You are running Collected Company, which I do love, but at only 23 creatures and with 20 of those 23 being CMC 3 or less, your Collected Company likely often only hits a single creature I bet. Thus, you could pull the two copies you are running as they do not really mesh well or you could alter the deck to improve the efficiency of Collected Company. In For Honor and Glory!!!, this is why I am running 30 creatures all with CMC less than 4, to ensure that Collected Company hits home every time it is played. Without knowing what direction you would like the deck to go, it would be tough to make other suggestions as they may be completely irrelevant.
Personally, I do not like Elspeth, Knight-Errant or Gideon, Ally of Zendikar for a knight deck as Elspeth is more for soldiers and Gideon is to underwhelming for a 4 CMC and slow. I think you could easily cut these two.
Another easy drop would be the single copy Danitha Capashen, Paragon. You are only running a single equipment and only two auras so the chances of her reducing the cost of those is unlikely so she is just a 2/2 with Lifelink and Vigilance for 3 CMC, which is easily outclassed by something like Knight of Meadowgrain in terms of efficiency.
Anyways, I love the knight tribe and it is always fun to see others take on it. Hopefully something I said was helpful in the continued evolution of this deck!
1 month ago
Original Dual lands are in
2 color man lands are in
upgrades in every color and almost every guild pair
- Cathar Commando
- Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
- Gideon Jura
- Parallax Wave
- Haughty Djinn
- Thirst for Discovery
- Hullbreaker Horror
- Baral, Chief of Compliance
- Liliana, the Last Hope
- Liliana, Waker of the Dead
- Rotting Regisaur
- Massacre Wurm
- Legion Warboss
- Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker
- Ilharg, the Raze-Boar
- Tooth and Nail
- Biogenic Ooze
- Niv-Mizzet, Parun
- Sin Collector
- Nahiri, the Harbinger
- Grist, the Hunger Tide
- Escape to the Wilds
- Trostani Discordant
- Natural Order
- Celestial Colonnade
- Creeping Tar Pit
- Lavaclaw Reaches
- Raging Ravine
- Stirring Wildwood
- Shambling Vent
- Wandering Fumarole
- Hissing Quagmire
- Needle Spires
- Lumbering Falls
- Underground Sea
- Volcanic Island
- Tropical Island
- Quirion Ranger
- Frost Titan
- Crystal Vein
- Cave of Temptation
- Talisman of Creativity
- Talisman of Curiosity
- Talisman of Conviction
- Talisman of Resilience
- Talisman of Hierarchy
- Strionic Resonator
- Sunken Hollow
- Cinder Glade
- Canopy Vista
- Prairie Stream
- Smoldering Marsh
- Irrigated Farmland
- Scattered Groves
- Canyon Slough
- Fetid Pools
- Sheltered Thicket
- Seal of Cleansing
- Battle Screech
- Eidolon of Rhetoric
- Spirit Link
- Shoreline Ranger
- Deep Analysis
- Fate Unraveler
- Visara the Dreadful
- Ultimate Price
- Ruinous Path
- Bloodsoaked Champion
- Scab-Clan Berserker
- Sin Prodder
- Slice and Dice
- Firebrand Archer
- Vessel of Nascency
- Seal of Primordium
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary
- Abrupt Decay
- Appeal / Authority
- Wear / Tear
- Rhythm of the Wild
- Unburial Rites
- Enigma Drake
3 months ago
Well hello there! I had way too much time on my hands, so here’s this. By the way, it’s all ordered best to worst. (:
- Circle of Dreams Druid is going to drop loads of mana, assuming you can pay the three green.
- Fallaji Wayfarer is going to give all of your stuff (including your commander) convoke! Not all, but a lot.
- Hamza, Guardian of Arashin is going to make a lot of your creatures cost a lot less.
- Herald of War makes all of your humans dirt cheap if he gets counters. But, oh, what’s that? This deck loves making counters for creatures? Perfect.
- Nissa's Expedition is just Cultivate but it potentially costs a lot less.
- Gaea's Cradle is perfect if you have a small fortune laying around and you’re in need of mana.
- Bennie Bracks, Zoologist every time you make a token? So every turn? Alright, sick.
- Ulvenwald Mysteries lets you investigate the murder of your entire army. A board wipe kills this deck, but this (plus loads of mana) could help bring it back.
- Season of Growth lets you scry a lot, letting you look for pretty much whatever and just pull it out.
- Devouring Light, Conclave Tribunal, Hour of Reckoning are all removal spells but if you’re on a mana budget with a lot of 1/1’s.
- Elspeth Tirel is a board wipe, if you manage to keep her around for long enough. If that’s not what you need, though, she’s got plenty of utility otherwise.
- Coordinated Barrage, Kabira Takedown Flip, and Outflank aren’t super powerful, but can destroy pretty much anything that comes your way. If it’s not hexproofed, shrouded, or indestructible, it will be killed.
- Devout Chaplain says “The power of Christ compels you! Begone!” but this time it actually works.
- Sanctuary Lockdown lets you say “Not this combat phase, Satan,” and if you have enough mana, you can do that again and again and again. Plus, if you decide you can’t, then it’s still a big boy.
- Kamahl's Will will destroy just about anything in sight and can give you extra attacking force, if you can manage a way to keep all of your lands safe.
- Loxodon Hierarch is going to save your deck (which is very sensitive to board wipes) from a board wipe, judy once. Use wisely.
- Scapegoat won’t save your tokens, but it will save everyone else, commander included.
- Kindred Boon can slowly but surely make literally every creature you own indestructible.
- Ephemeral Shields is extra protection that can easily be pulled out of your back pocket.
- Basri's Lieutenant isn’t going to save your deck, but it will buy you time or give you a chance next turn at a kill, if the board wiper was low.
- Song of Freyalise is budget, makes every spell into a convoke spell, and then lets your hammer your opponents with the might of ZEUS!!
- Path of Ancestry should go into every tribal deck!! Well, maybe not every, but it’d definitely be good in this one, so there you go.
- Branching Evolution is just perfect for this deck. Double it, yesssss!
- Hydra's Growth would be perfect on your commander, especially since your best protection works just on them.
- Rick, Steadfast Leader is enough to make a human deck cry. This is no longer a democracy, this is a Ricktatorship.
- Crowned Ceratok, Tuskguard Captain, and Bramblewood Paragon all give your big creatures trample. Just yes.
- Horn of Valhalla can both make a bunch of tokens and then use those tokens to make a big, fuck off 99/99.
- Voice of Resurgence protects you against, or at least discourages the use of, counters and murders on your turn. Why? It makes a big, fuck off 99/99 when someone does.
- Queen Allenal of Ruadach makes more tokens and is a massive body. What’s not to like?
- Hanweir Militia Captain Flip is a mean creature and makes plenty of tokens.
- Primal Vigor, Second Harvest, Anointed Procession, Parallel Lives, and Doubling Season all say “What, you thought I was going to stop at only one million?” Though, I do have a feeling you left these out intentionally. Either they weren’t working or you avoid doubling strategies like these, which totally makes sense.
- Craterhoof Behemoth is, to say the least, a strong card. All of them get trample? And +99/+99? And it has haste? This is a way to turn a game around fast if I’ve ever seen one. The ultimate Might of the Masses creature.
- Might of the Masses is the classic. Instant destruction for just one green. Perfection.
- Seraph of the Masses is a Might of the Masses creature with flying and convoke.
- Shanna, Sisay's Legacy is a Might of the Masses creature with ability hexproof.
- Appeal / Authority is just slow Might of the Masses.
- Huatli, Radiant Champion is Might of the Masses but in Planeswalker form.
- Sigil of the Nayan Gods is Might of the Masses in enchantment form.
- Crusader of Odric is a poor man’s Might of the Masses creature
- Gideon, the Oathsworn just happens to slip and give all of your creatures an absurd number of counters. Not to mention the big body (noticing a pattern yet?) and the one-sided board wipe! He’s got a weird face again, sadly, pass.
- Gideon, Champion of Justice is a board wipe and a big, bad creature all wrapped into one. 7/10, he can dominate me.
- Gideon Jura can goad and destroy stuff. Perfect for removal and instigating fights when you know you’ll win. Not to mention the big scary 6/6 lurking beneath. Also a weird face, pass.
- Gideon of the Trials reads “Fuck your biggest creature, he’s not going to do anything, and also, as long as I’m around, fuck you more.” Nothing crazy, but can definitely make you public enemy #1 for having an effect like that. Pretty normal face, but that ability makes him a dick. 3.4/10
- Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip is just some kid. Ignore him. This is a child, pass.
- Gideon, Battle-Forged!? Where did you come from? Nothing super interesting here, but for one mana not bad. Weird face, pass.
- Gideon, Martial Paragon can give buffs to all of your stuff, which is definitely not bad at all, and your opponents are automatically dead if he gets that ten ability off. That said, this Gideon can get it. 10/10.
- Gideon Blackblade is eh. He’s okay. He can get it, though. 7/10.
- Gideon, Ally of Zendikar can do some generic Gideon stuff. Make tokens, give buffs, be a 4/4. Eh. 6.7/10.
- Reconnaissance lets you attack with everything and then say “Well, no, actually, I didn’t attack with those.” This is one of those cards in Magic that you just have to believe was invented or inspired by toddler games where they invent the rules as they go along, y’know? Anyway swing at will!
- Peach Garden Oath is one mana for a crazy amount of lifegain. Lets you swing aggressively and pay as much life as you want.
- Kindred Summons gives you the gift of as many humans as you damn please. That said, be careful not to deck yourself.
- Sigarda, Champion of Light is the other Sigarda card you might want to add, since she likes giving you stuff.
- Chord of Calling is just a plain good tutor.
- Flight of Equenauts, Ledev Guardian, Conclave Equenaut, Conclave Phalanx, and Argivian Phalanx, are just free creatures, more or less.
9 months ago
So I agree with the negative assessment of Gideon, Ally of Zendikar -- it's great in control and different style aggro decks but not for this list. Adding another miss to CoCo and having a slow anthem effect (albeit, a great one!) might just be too clunky here.
However, another suggestion for the deck would be to remove 1 Gavony Township and add in 1 Ghost Quarter/Field of Ruin. The main reason for you having a utility land or two in the deck is specifically to tutor it in certain scenarios with Knight of the Reliquary. Having multiple of these may hinder your mana development and result in rough top decks.
9 months ago
TheReal_MtGHaystak - I have thought about adding in Gideon, Ally of Zendikar but I thought he would was pretty so-so being 4 CMC with his only abilities being able to make a free knight per turn or provide my other humans/knights some additional pump. Most the games I am playing with this deck usually are ending between turn 4-6 now as the deck is doing what it was designed to do rather well I think again limiting Gideon's viability. I also thought of adding in The Circle of Loyalty but it did not seem to fit in well in this knight deck but I am attempting to build a different knight deck around that card (Beyond the Grave).
9 months ago
Have you Considered Gideon, Ally of Zendikar? I fell like it would fit perfectly in this deck to round off your curve with a major threat that has lots of versatility
1 year ago
When equipped creature stops being a creature, all equipment will unattach.
Same would happen to a Gideon, Ally of Zendikar if you'd +1 and equip a Lightning Greaves to it. It will only stay attached as long as it's a legal target for an equip ability, and only creatures are.