Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Bala Ged Sanctuary Discussion
4 months ago
I would add: Nature's Lore, Rampant Growth, Three Visits, Moss Diamond, Skyclave Relic, Glorious Sunrise, Elvish Mystic, Llanowar Elves, Arbor Elf, Llanowar Tribe, Reclamation Sage, Bala Ged Sanctuary Flip Bane of Bala Ged Avenger of Zendikar Wood Elves Farhaven Elf Priest of Titania Archetype of Endurance Old Gnawbone Soul of the Harvest Scavenging Ooze Wolfbriar Elemental Howl of the Nightpack Harrow Scavenger Grounds Ezuri, Renegade Leader
7 months ago
Played a bunch today and here is results of changes.
- -1 Apex Devastator to sideboard, moved to sideboard to swap out with blightsteel/eldrazi for newer players
- -1 Temur Sabertooth, removed due to the amount of cardraw available. I feel I would rather draw than bounce.
- +1 Blightsteel Colossus to maindeck, Blightsteel is a counter to my local playgroup. We've got a lifegain deck and one deck running Pariah and Pariah's Shield. Along with Akroma's Memorial and Finale of Devastation this is my nuclear option.
- +1 Bala Ged Sanctuary Flip, land and recurrence is very valuable.
- +1 Mirrorpool, ehh fine seems ok to drop a copy of a big creature that does something,, what's the worst that can happen? :)
- -1 Mana Crypt to maybeboard, don't have one is the only reason. If I can get one,, maybe?
- +1 Jeweled Lotus, replacement for mana crypt... Now let me tell you,, jeweled -> azusa --> lotus cobra --> two fetches --> Tooth and nail.. That was a quick game!
- +1 Maze of Ith, This is at tech, really aggressive in my area! There are some cases it's death to not have an air blocker!
- +1 Petrified Field, Testing it at this time, not sure how to abuse it yet
- +1 Momentous Fall, Does not feel as bad as I initially thought. Use this defensively often times.
- +1 Cryptic Caves, niche card testing it out. Turns your crucibles into three draw for 3 mana + land drops.. 3 mana draw 3 cards... seems decent
- +1 Thespian's Stage, what does it do? answer: yes
- -1 Beast Whisperer, I have enough creatures, but the costs are too high
- +1 Zendikar Resurgent, replacement for beast whisperer, has the potential to double mana while going off
- -1 Guardian Project, same problem as beast whisperer
- +1 Return of the Wildspeaker, another large draw effect to combo off of to replace guardian
- +1 Inkmoth Nexus, bad habits die hard, keeping one in deck for "that guy" at the table.
- -1 Field of the Dead -> maybeboard, only reason I'm taking it out is I don't own it. Dropping it into maybe board
- Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger is here to stay. When you go off with a large draw dropping him is amazing. He will give you enough mana to combo off and finish on the stop at times. He's also a good target for Natural Order.
- After drawing 10 cards and drawing into Rude Awakening,, it has a new place in my heart, seems to be a keeper
- Once I hit 25 basics, I think I can just win the game. The amount of basics should stick between 24-26 and 45 lands in total to facilitate the engines. If we're slightly under half I think we're good.
- Kodama of the East Tree was potentially good enough to combo off a large draw with vorin, need to test this more!
Thinking of Cutting:
- Beacon of Creation --> , requires more testing due to new landbase
Why the sideboard was added:
- Core creatures for swapping on the sideboard are Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth, Kozilek, the Great Distortion, Blightsteel Colossus, and Craterhoof Behemoth.
- Each of these creatures fills a different role. voice of hunger is a creature to combo off with on a large draw or to slow down my opponents. Butcher of truth fills your hand then wins by sacing against a single opponent or threating multiple attack if they don't sac a specific permanent (politics yeeehhh). Blightsteel teaches people that lifegain decks don't work against green edh.... craterhoof teaches people that lifegain deck's don't work against green in edh (AZUSA SMASH!!)... please stop playing lifegain decks in edh... Great Distortion draws and controls the game if your ahead.
If I'm playing against my friends then these are great. If we're trying to include someone I will swap them out for cards in the sideboard and leave in a couple.
9 months ago
Hey Kiefy! Oh man, that's soooo great! Haha, I've never fought a sliver deck with this before, I feel like that would be a tough fight. I'm not surprised Grist gave you the best game - he's DISGUSTINGLY good. I can't wait to pick one up and slot it in.
For the rest, here are my anticipated swaps:
- Arachnogenesis for Carrion Call when I have the money or find a proxy
- Blex, Vexing Pest Flip for Penumbra Spider
- Feed the Swarm for Putrefy (though that eliminates the only artifact destruction in here) or maybe Deathsprout (though the extra ramp is nice)
- Bala Ged Sanctuary Flip for a Forest
- Zof Bloodbog Flip for a Swamp
- Swarmyard for either a Swamp or a Forest
Let me know if you make any of these swaps and how you like them! I'm really so excited that you enjoy the deck. Very cool.
9 months ago
I am unsure about this question. They way I understand, an MDFC (modal double-faced card) is it's front side in any zone outside the battlefield. That is why, for example, I cannot tutor for the backside of an MDFC, if I'm correct. Only when actually playing it, I can decide on the mode.
So, when I have Bala Ged Recovery Flip in my hand, it is the sorcery. I may play it as it's backside which is a land: Bala Ged Sanctuary Flip. Now, when casting, for example, Growth Spiral, can I put Bala Ged Sanctuary Flip onto the battlefield? Because the card is in my hand, and in my hand it is a sorcery that may be played as a land, but it isn't one unless it's on the stack... Isn't that right?
1 year ago
Testing a couple changes:
1 year ago
Hey came here to get some inspiration for my own sachi deck (I want to upgrade it from my budget to a slightly better deck), so I'll definitely put in that winter orb :)
1 year ago
I couldn't find that in errata or rules, so please help me if you guys know
Thanks in advance!