: Gain .
, : Target creature can't be blocked this turn.
|Want (13)||macapp , AuraSonic , baynne , GARlockSpiral , Jaguarphd , NickLamp , Poppins , Spencerc55 , Runed_Servitor , Tigerstyle , Lyzen , ghostranger94 , JohnTubaina|
Printings View all
|Commander 2020 (C20)||Uncommon|
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2019 (C19)||Uncommon|
|Ultimate Masters (UMA)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Uncommon|
|Conspiracy: Take the Crown (CN2)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Uncommon|
|Magic Origins (ORI)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Jace vs. Vraska (DDM)||Uncommon|
|Return to Ravnica (RTR)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
- Alesha, Who Smiles at Death + Breath of Fury + Rogue's Passage + Sword of Feast and Famine
- Rogue's Passage + Tainted Strike
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Rogue's Passage occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.39%
Rogue's Passage Discussion
7 hours ago
Thanks again! Awesome that you take the time out of your day to really give such an insightful comment.
I have been working on the deck after I posted it and even upgraded it a bit between your comment and me posting the deck, two of them are even cards you recommended! Bonders' Enclave and Gruul Signet. I also added Rogue's Passage to maybe sneak an attacker in.
I did actually buy quite a few cards a few days ago that just arrived and some of them are also cards you mentioned :D
I also added these ones, maybe you have some comments about them?
- God-Eternal Rhonas, it looks like it can combo quite well with Xenagos. Have you tried the cards?
- Mwonvuli Beast Tracker, I always find myself missing Trample so I thought this guy could help tutoring for it.
- Skarrg, the Rage Pits a worse Kessig Wolf Run but also a lot cheaper, and I am mainly after the trample effect (I think).
- Scavenging Ooze wanted a way to deal with peoples graveyard shenanigans.
- Mind Stone ramp! (basically added it because you mentioned it in Norin :P )
- Solemn Simulacrum there are other ramp cards in green but I just think he is a lot of value.
- I also swapped the Sedge Scorpion for a Deadly Recluse because even though I find it nice to have a early thing on the board that can deter people from attacking me before I have some of my guys out I found that a lot of attacks just went over it.
The things I will be cutting is the Scorpion and
- Mistcutter Hydra (I have other sources of can't be countered and it not doing anything else than that feels a bit week),
- Dragon Throne of Tarkir (too slow. Even though I love the prospect of being able to double the equipped creature and then have it applied to every other creather, it simply doesn't happen often enough and it doesn't provide value as soon as it lands because it would cost + mana for it to do so),
- Solidarity of Heroes (I have used it as a combat trick but it is too situational especially as I plan to cut some of the counter/hydra creatures),
- Twinflame (often when I am thinking of casting this I realize I would rather cast one of my creatures or wish it was a creature),
- Brash Taunter (thought it would be fun, but it is as I expected - way to slow), Flame-Wreathed Phoenix (I wanted a flying creature but and really only put this in for sentimental reasons but it just isn't doing anything, it is very unsatisfying to double it especially if it already have haste),
- Peregrination (don't think it's worth the cost, added other/earlier ways to ramp),
- Nissa's Pilgrimage (same reason as the other)
Let me know what you think about the cuts and if I could have made better ones!
Now for your recommendations!
- Lurking Predators Sounds like a great idea, would love to hear what you think should be cut from the deck too.
- The Great Henge Yeah I want a few of these, to go into some decks. Have on my "buy it on a bargain" list. Hopefully I can pick it up soon.
- Decimate and Hull Breach Looks like great cards, I have noticed that I really need to put some enchantment/artifact removal in and these two looks like great picks for it.
- Life's Legacy Very nice card! Will probably pick it up, but when do one have to much draw?
- Nature's Lore I was going to add one of these a while back as I thought i had one laying around but I couldn't find it and forgot to acquire one. Will put it on my list :)
- Rishkar's Expertise Added this one!
- Skyshroud Claim I like this card too, but I always find 4 mana ramp to be a little late. You think it's still pulling it's weight?
Beast Within Great card, will be adding this at one point
Berserk Never been a fan of killing my own creatures, but I guess the added benefit of being able to use it on an enemy is nice. I could also Berserk it and then sac it myself with any of the card draw cards. Will be looking out for one if I can find a really cheap one.
Momentous Fall Nice one! Will pick this one up for sure
Return of the Wildspeaker Will add this one too, bought a few of them already a week back but they are taking their sweet time arriving.
Lands I have already added the Bonder's Enclave and will be adding a Myriad Landscape as I have an extra one. I will also look to acquire the other ones. I am thinking of also adding Reliquary Tower as it's likely I will get more than 7 cards in hand after a sacrifice, Mishra's Factory as it's one of the only good manlands I have (doubt Kher Keep will do much here) I am also thinking of adding a Tectonic Edge to deal with other people's lands.
Most of the dragons you mention was about to go into the deck, but then I bought a Secret Lair and built a dragon deck instead. Will be looking into getting most of the dragons you mention here.
There's so many here, hard to pick and choose which to add! I will start with the ones I know I want in Eternal Witness because there is always something that's worth casting twice, Kogla, the Titan Ape can remove a lot of stuff in one go as I can give it haste too, Ilharg, the Raze-Boar been looking to add this guy since day one! But they have always been so over priced in my local market about 7-8$! I managed to find one yesterday for $5! So hopefully it will find it's way to me tomorrow :) Reclamation Sage need more removal so this on should be a given, Sakura-Tribe Elder need a bit more ramp so I can get it out more reliable so this one a good one. Was going to add a Fierce Empath when I opened 2020, must have forgotten!
I am also looking to add Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma and Lifeblood Hydra but they are hard to find in my local market. The other ones I will add to my list and pick them up if I can get them cheap, to at least switch out for some others and see what fits my play style the best!
Would love a Deflecting Swat (in Norin too), but my local market have it quite high, and I think I can find more impactful cards for cheaper. Oh I will definitely upgrade for a Vines of Vastwood and look for a Blossoming Defense, right now my biggest defense against spot removal is Archetype of Endurance but it's so expensive to cast!
There are a lot of cards here that you have mentioned that I have both already added and want to add now that you have brought them to my attention, so I will have to do a lot of cuts and would love to here your thoughts on what should be removed (and if the cuts I already did where good ones) would also love why you think I should remove some cards over others.
Thanks a lot for yet another deep look at my deck! Really appreciate it :)
1 day ago
3 days ago
I must admit though, I didn't even consider Traumatize. Shoving that much value into the graveyard to boost Rielle could have its uses. Could also potentially give me targets for Mizzix's Mastery and Spelltwine.
I'm undecided on Aqueous Form. While it does allow Rielle get in for commander damage, this isn't exactly my gameplan with her. It's also why I'm running Rogue's Passage and not a bunch of spells that make Rielle unblockable. If it happens, great, but my primary focus is winning via mass mill or lab man/Jace.
1 week ago
Let’s talk about mana rocks:
We should run more big mana rocks. Grim Monolith is particularly effective in decks featuring big baddies. Basalt Monolith is good alone but also couples with Rings of Brighthearth to produce infinite colorless mana to fuel your Walking Ballista.
Voltaic Key and Manifold Key will give us more value on our larger mana rocks. Imagine netting 5 mana with both and Mana Vault on turn one. Or 9 on turn 2. Manifold Key also allows us to get our commander damage through for a two-turn kill.
Let’s talk about utility
With all the annihilator and other eldrazi shenanigans going on in our deck we should be thinking of how to maximize damage.
Strionic Resonator will allow us to double our annihilator triggers—- imagine annihilator 8, or exiling 40 cards from an opponents library (not to mention Emarkul’s triggered ability). Now, imagine combining the effect with Voltaic Key...
Overrun will be a problem for us, especially with token producers, so Silent Arbiter will benefit us. We’re likely only going to have 1 meaningful attacker most turns anyway. If we need more, we will need a sac-outlet such as Altar of Dementia which we can potentially use with Rings of Brighthearth to mill our opponents entirely. We can also prevent being milled by sacrificing Ulamog or Kozilek. More importantly, we can avoid theft shenanigans which will ruin our day (how do you like facing your own Ulamog?)
Whispersilk Cloak will allow us to efficiently get that commander damage in in two turns. As previously discussed, Manifold Key will also back this strategy up, as well as Rogue's Passage. With Eldrazi Conscription already on our general, it’s a one-shot kill.
That’s my $0.02.
I hope this helps.
1 week ago
Thanks for all the good suggestions. I will put most of them in, but I will hold out on Rogue's Passage because it only taps for colorless mana.
1 week ago
what about Sword of the Paruns for a double up on infinite mana?
Personally I wouldn't splash blue in the deck. You want devotion and blue can't give you anything green can't in this case. A Rogue's Passage is a better Aether Tunnel - Helix Pinnacle isn't that much worse than Laboratory Maniac
I would also throw in as many x spells as possible. I'm willing to bet that in this deck - steelbane hydra is going to be better than Nature's Claim if you have the budget for a Mistcutter Hydra I'd replace Fireshrieker and Declare Dominance with them as finishers.
1 week ago
Lands suggested from the crowd: Mosswort Bridge is a land in green stompy thats usually worth entering the battlefield tapped
Bonders' Enclave works fine when your commander is 4 power
Ghost Quarter, Tectonic Edge (and less budget, Strip Mine or Wasteland) are things you need in commander, there's too many of Cabal Coffers and Itlimoc, Cradle of the Sun (also not bad in your deck btw) in the format to skip on land destruction, and lands that destroy lands are the most efficient at that.
Scavenger Grounds thwarts your Regrowth a little, but it thwarts most black and green commanders a lot more: take Meren of Clan Nel Toth, or Muldrotha, the Gravetide, they're pretty devastated when you uncounterably remove most of their resources from the game. There's enough caring about the graveyard to at least consider this, if you're not heavily using it yourself.
Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx is amazing in most monocolored decks, but a little on the $$ side.
Rogue's Passage is a scary prescence when Voltron is your plan, even when you have the deathtouch as a deterrent.
2 weeks ago
I love it. So much redundancy on lands matter!
Looking at the deck I'm suspecting that chump blocking tokens are going to be your bane. Rogue's Passage might help?