Land — Forest
(: Gain .)
Gingerbread Cabin enters the battlefield tapped unless you control three or more other Forests.
When Gingerbread Cabin enters the battlefield untapped, create a Food token. (It's an artifact with ", , Sacrifice this artifact: You gain 3 life.")
Printings View all
|Throne of Eldraine (ELD)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Gingerbread Cabin Discussion
1 month ago
- Card draw:
- Sylvan Library : Card draw.
- Elvish Visionary : Cheap, cantrip, shaman.
- Mosswort Bridge : Pseudo cantrip.
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip : Pseudo cantrip. Flip = better Gaea's Cradle.
- Blighted Woodland : Comes into play untapped. Ramp card mid-lategame.
- Path of Ancestry : Potential card filter.
- Strip Mine : Utility land.
- Gingerbread Cabin : Forest with minor upside. No reason not to play it in mono green.
- Fauna Shaman : Tutor, shaman.
- Noxious Revival : Manaless. Allows another shot for wincons.
- Scavenging Ooze : Manasink. graveyard disruption.
- Card draw:
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary : Card draw.
- Beast Whisperer : Green conditional card draw.
- Guardian Project : Green conditional card draw.
- Runic Armasaur : Card draw (meta dependent).
- Compost : Card draw (meta dependent).
- Sakura-Tribe Scout : Early game shaman. Mana acceleration.
- Genesis Wave : Pseudo card advantage.
- Arch of Orazca : Card draw.
- Win more:
- Myojin of Life's Web : Too expensive. Very likely that you do not have enough cards in hand to make this worthwhile lategame.
- Patron of the Orochi : Quest for Renewal is cheaper.
- Gigantomancer : Cute, but 8 mana is too much for this kind of effect.
- Archetype of Endurance : Win more card. No real synergy. Asceticism Is better (although also not recommended).
- Trolls of Tel-Jilad : This is a bad card.
- Soul of the Harvest : Beast Whisperer / Guardian Project, cheaper. Almost same effect.
- Sakiko, Mother of Summer : Too expensive. Doesn't do enough for mana cost.
- Sage of Ancient Lore Flip : Very likely that you do not have enough cards in hand to make this worthwhile mid-lategame.
- Wildheart Invoker : This is a bad card.
- Sakura-Tribe Springcaller : This is a bad card.
- Loaming Shaman : Not enough card draw that allows you to get your desired cards in you hand.
- Essence Warden : This is a bad card.
- Vines of Vastwood : Very situational card.
- Squall Line : Not very good card. Situational.
- Krosan Grip : Expensive situational removal.
- Gilded Lotus : Unnecessary ramp.
- Tranquil Grove : Unless your meta plays a lot of enchantments, not really necessary. Otherwise, recommmend Back to Nature instead.
- Beastmaster Ascension : Your creatures are not big enough for this to work consistently.
- Spidersilk Armor: No tutors, not enough card draw to obtain it. Unreliable flyer prevention. Silklash Spider Will hold off flyers with tutors.
Staple cards are cards I recommend obtaining and using, since they are almost always good cards to have in any green deck. The rest is up to preference and should be taken with a grain of salt. I hope I could be of some use to you.
3 months ago
I've seen you removed it, but how did the Early Harvest + Mirari + Regrowth combo worked? If the Bubbling Cauldron is tapped, how do you sac multiple times?
In the description you say it's for 4+ players game. How do you see the deck in a 1v1 game?
Also, Prophet of Kruphix can help with the flash issue and it also untap all your creatures and lands in all player's untap step. Should be good in a 4 players game.
Hope to be helpful or at least giving you some ideas.
4 months ago
his is a great deck, but maybe you can run more nonbasic lands, even a Gingerbread Cabin would make it more appealing (Ha ha ha).
5 months ago
Get rid of Tibalt, Rakish Instigator. He really doesn't do that much. If you don't want your opponents to gain life, add burn spells. You could replace him with more synergetic options.
Get rid of the taplands. The scrying is nice, but replacing those with shocklands would do wonders, even if you only add a few and have the rest be basics. Speaking of lands, you could use a Fabled Passage to thin out the amount of lands you draw. If that's too expensive, just use better utility lands. Gingerbread Cabin would work with your food tokens theme, and Witch's Cottage would return creatures to sac.
Good luck with the deck.
7 months ago
Don't forget about the Gaea's Cradle angle though, there are some hilarious fun and janky Rube Goldberg combo lines with Summer Bloom and Lotus Cobra that require a land like it. City of Traitors and Ancient Tomb both come with their own separate issues on that front and having 2 creatures around was basically assured if the combo was online.
7 months ago
At the moment I feel like Bolas's Citadel, Mystic Forge, and Future Sight all offer the same primary game winning line when combined with Sensei's Divining Top and they feel pretty interchangeable. Since I've included the Bloom Wheel combo package I've been running the Citadel lately because of how nicely it pairs with it. Being able to cast Summer Bloom off the top of the library with life total can facilitate the combo without needing a Waterlogged Grove type land in play, but the loop isn't infinite without Gingerbread Cabin or Angel's Grace. I'm not exactly set yet on what "cast from the top of library" piece I want to use so I'm playing around with each and seeing how I like it, right now it's the Citadel's turn and it's been a good performer in the role. Usually digging 20 or 30 cards with the Top combo itself is more than enough to find the pieces required to close out the game and the Citadel kind of performs as an Ad Nauseam for more in that kind of situation.
Smothering Tithe is a card I've done a small amount of testing with also but it simply isn't needed very often with the Bloom Package and standard Dork/Rock set up pretty consistently providing absurd mana very quickly. Playing it in addition was very much "win more" in performance terms and playing it without the other ramp pieces tended to lead to losses due to tapping out/low at critical moments and being unable to interact effectively. I think there are some cEDH decks where it makes a lot of sense to run it (Wheel Thief concepts definitely come to mind) but most T&T decks likely might not want to since they have better ramp options that are dramatically less risky and dramatically more consistent in terms of opening hands. I've not really had enough games with it yet to know if the mixed bag performance is to be expected so I've got more testing to do with it. My gut tells me that needing to realistically think about casting it on turns 2 and 3 is too much to ask for most of the time in competitive settings unless you're fine with just gambling on losing the game on turn 2 or 3 trying to greed cast it and understanding that casting it in the mid game turns 4 and 5 has a very close to zero chance of it resolving or sticking around for more than one turn cycle, all while the more fortunate ramped out opponents don't mind paying with that extra Mana Crypt that's just lying around not doing much.
Witch's Cottage and the Cabin both initially got a "just for fun look" and then some how managed to perform admirably enough to warrant real looks. I've since learned Gingerbread Cabin is only worth running if Bolas's Citadel is included, but the Cottage has been quite wonderful as a back pocket silver bullet. Being able to fetch it to return an already binned Notion Thief or Ramunap Excavator to lift off the top with a Tymna swing has sealed a number of wins. At this point I'm willing to run Witch's Cottage very liberally in T&T builds that run any important creatures that might draw interaction. I have yet to see many builds running it, but many cEDH staples should consider Witch's Cottage a must run in properly constructed lists due to the prevelance of Ashiok, Dream Render, wheel effects, and counterspell interaction that often bins important combo creatures the first time they get run out. Mystic Sanctuary, likewise, should at this point be considered a must run card in cEDH deck lists, particularly T&T lists.
As for Island count, the deck runs a plethora of them and has no issue reaching 3 in play very quickly and very easily. Partly due to typical play patterns induced by Summer Bloom and "play land from graveyard" effects, but mostly due to fetch lands just being busted.
I've liked the Bloom Wheel package performance so far, but the inclusion of it rather takes up the card slots that other packages could slot into, such as the Inception concept. I've not figured out a way to include both set ups all that effectively but the best bet so far has been to roll without the Top Combo package. I've got more fiddling to do with that before I've gotten enough data to know what combination of packages is universally ideal, but I do have some decent data so far about certain packages in situational meta circumstances and a ton of work ahead of me to update the list and primer. Of course with COVID-19 lock down I've got plenty of time to work on it, but it's still a bit of a daunting task.
7 months ago
I like the new look of the deck. Bolas's Citadel feels a little out of place here with no Aetherflux Reservoir though, how coume you're not going for something like Smothering Tithe instead? It would do more work with the wheels (assuming Notion Thief isn't in play) and just feels stronger. Also, what's the reason for Gingerbread Cabin / Witch's Cottage here? Are they just flex spots? I would have thought you would want to be proiritising more Islands for Mystic Sanctuary.
8 months ago
Battlefield Forge, Caves of Koilos, Command Tower, Conqueror's Foothold, Crypt of the Eternals, Forest, Gingerbread Cabin, Gold-Forge Garrison, Grove of the Guardian, Holdout Settlement, Island, Llanowar Wastes, Lost Vale, Mountain, Plains, Primal Wellspring, Rupture Spire, Shimmering Grotto, Spires of Orazca, Swamp, Temple of Aclazotz, Tomb of the Dusk Rose, Treasure Cove, Wandering Fumarole, Wastes.
I used to give me a complete list of lands and subtraced what you had. I know Command Tower doesn't actually do anything but it's still legal. Do with that what you will. I also added the basics. They seem unnecessary but the addition of Wastes may be useful information.
Hope this helps!