Eidolon of Rhetoric
Enchantment Creature — Spirit
Each player can't cast more than one spell each turn.
|Have (2)||pskinn01 , TheAnnihilator|
|Want (2)||Cablead , lordswordfish|
Printings View all
|Journey into Nyx (JOU)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Eidolon of Rhetoric occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.01%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
- Does Eidolon of Rhetoric prevent me from casting Salt Road Patrol and activating the outlast ability?
- If Eidolon of Rhetoric enters the battlefield after my opponent has already cast a spell, can they cast another one?
- Does Splicing a card count as casting a spell?
- Enchantment Creatures
- Golos & Rule of Law
Eidolon of Rhetoric Discussion
4 days ago
Eidolon of Rhetoric is a great sideboard piece against Phenoix and storm.
2 weeks ago
I mean, I'd definitely include Sram, Senior Edificer. Argothian Enchantress also seems really strong. You might want to consider some legacy enchantress cards like Elephant Grass or Carpet of Flowers, although their power will depend pretty heavily on your meta.
I really like that you're running Utopia Sprawl and Wild Growth already. You should run Arbor Elf with them... he makes more mana when lands are enchanted. In that vein, you may also have a lot of luck with Elvish Mystic, Llanowar Elves, Avacyn's Pilgrim and/or (if you're rich) Noble Hierarch. I've found a lot of players misjudge T1 mana-dorks and never play them, and they're almost always wrong not to.
1 month ago
Cool List for sure, I've got a Similar Estrid deck and I really enjoy the Enchantment base. Right off the back I would say add in Ethereal Armor for power, Auramancer for recursion, Solemnity if you wanna go towards stax, Ghostly Prison or Propagandafor protection, Swords to Plowshares for removal, Idyllic Tutor good tutor that was just reprinted, Eidolon of Rhetoric more stax, Mesa Enchantress life gain. New Heliod, Sun-Crowned and old Thassa, God of the Sea are both bomb enchantments that you can search for with Zur. Hope I was able to give you some reasonable additions. +1
1 month ago
I had typed, like, 5000 characters and the site crashed
The short version: This is a collection of midrange creatures with control permanents and sorceries. That's never good. Your cuts will come from committing to one plan or another.
But Cradle of Vitality and Sunbond always go. Come on, son - you have the only playable versions of those effects in your command zone already.
Reservoir aside, if your intent is to kill people manually, why are you playing so much symmetrical mass wipe? And then there's the halfhearted mana destruction line... I'm always here for it, and you should always be ready to remind people you have the cards and could do it, but your average cmc isn't less than 2 and you aren't playing a combo, so why is this package here?
Committing entirely into or out of the control plan is ultimately how you'll cut down to 99.
As things stand, this is most closely built to be played as a midrange deck. You just have so many creatures.
If you want to play this as a control deck, the tools are out there, but you'd ultimately be using enchantments and (as many colored) artifacts as possible to turn on devotion, and then heliod and your planeswalkers (and vehicles) would be able to get around your creature wipes.
Reflecting anyway in its current midrange form:
-treasure map: Your current list lacks the tools or even the curve to support this control tool. This could just be a Wayfarer's Bauble
-Hushbringer: Karlov can't be bothered to dance with it, and he only runs the soul sisters.
-Myriad Landscape is awful. This should be Inventors' Fair anyway. Or at least something should be - you're running too many lands as it is, even with armageddon.
-you're gonna nykthos off of 30 permanents? I think you meant to type Eidolon of Rhetoric
-mikaeus without an army of dice just isn't worth the space
-hedron archive has to tap several times before it's sacrificed for cards in order for it to have been worth the trouble - this shouldn't have made the cut before Commander's Sphere . you can play Cryptic Caves in the land line, too.
-thran dynamo isn't doing anything for you; you'd likely be better off with a gift of estates (and then an orescoes explorer, a boreas charger...) At this point, you could build like you have a Land Tax and go all in: Lotus Field , Lotus Vale , Karoo , Remote Farm ... and then you could justify that crucible of worlds.
you forgot Aven Mindcensor
1 month ago
Hi! Fellow Pioneer lover. I run a more aggressive, traditional spirits list, but I think your more midrange oriented list is cool too! I had a few thoughts though...
The maindeck Rest in Peace and Eidolon of Rhetoric are hyper specific answers. You probably don't want them main deck, they're just not going to do anything in most situations. If you're desperate to have maindeck graveyard hate for some reason, Remorseful Cleric is a little more reasonable generically.
Supreme Verdict in not probably a great pick for a deck that wins with a wide board of creatures. I appreciate that you want a sweep, but Settle the Wreckage is probably more the effect you're looking for. I know that you can 'combo' verdict with Selfless Spirit , but there's no need to force yourself to find a combo.
Render Silent probably isn't the counterspell you're looking for; it's expensive with low upside. Spell Pierce is more traditional, but if you're trying for a longer game, maybe Absorb is more what you want. The hardest matchups are aggressive decks and decks full of removal, so life gain is pretty relevant text.
2 months ago
2 months ago
- Jund is amazing in every way except for you wallet. That is the worst part of jund. Discard spells impower your Tarmogoyf so running those is super important. Enough to want more Thoughtseize
- Dark Confidant is really good. It helps fight back the down side of discard cards. would recommand, and its early black devotion. Even when we take 5 on Gary when we cast him we heal so there is up side. Getting closer to our win con is always better. We dont need 20 life to win only 1.
- Scavenging Ooze is pretty powerful, you do have rest in peace in the SB but its still worth considering.
- Plague Engineer can help as well. Id play only one though. I see some decks play Murderous Rider as well as a one of.
- Collective Brutality is a very powerful card. I have been on the receiving end many times and lost because of the value this card gets you.
- I would recommend more removal. Espically at least 1x Abrupt Decay and one more Assassin's Trophy . Id be even more comfortable playing 2 more Fatal Push .
- The Reasons for blue: oko,3/3 elks, oko, and filtering with Snap caster. Unless you fight a lot of burn dont go blue.
- Reasons for red: Bolt is Life (cheap removal), Blood braid value (remember she was banned for some time), and wrenn and six. Jund is much more powerful than this build. That being said its not the archtype, and its wayyyyy more spendy.
- For land you want at least to "horizon lands" such as Nurturing Peatland and fast lands such as Blooming Marsh . Field of Ruin can also really help.
- Kitchen Finks is a great SB card and so is Fulminator Mage . Most play Nihil Spellbomb but you have white so you dont need this. By adding all this removal you wont need Damnation in your SB.
- Not a big fan of Mishra's Bauble or Grim Flayer . 10 Fetches is also a little high i would consider cutting down on those. To 6 or 8.
- You are abzan so i will say Worship is a card Giver of Runes Path to Exile and Angel's Grace are cards. As well as Siege Rhino . White also gets you Vizier of Remedies + Devoted Druid for infinite mana. - Tireless Tracker is also a good card draw engine although its not black.
- Other cards to consider Postmortem Lunge Eladamri's Call Finale of Devastation Sin Collector Eidolon of Rhetoric and Collector Ouphe