Hideaway (This land enters the battlefield tapped. When it does, look at the top four cards of your library, exile one face down, then put the rest on the bottom of your library.)
: Gain .
, : You may play the exiled card without paying its mana cost if creatures you control have total power 10 or greater.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Mosswort Bridge occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Mosswort Bridge Discussion
3 weeks ago
Mosswort Bridge is a good hidaway land because it's easy to have 10 total power and it can be reused with bounce lands.
1 month ago
Hey, good budget version of Gishath.
Congregation at Dawn ($2 at CardKingdom) and Mwonvuli Beast Tracker can search for Dinos/Dino and put them/it on top of your library before you attack with Gishath making sure that you cheat a Dino/Dinos onto the battlefield with the attack. Tracker can get any Dino who has trample and there's quite a few including Quartzwood. Shared Summons can get any two creatures into your hand which includes Forerunner and an enrage Dino.
Garruk's Uprising is a good repeatable draw and trample source with Dinos. Getting both these abilities from a three drop enchantment is helpful especially with Quartzwood. Rhythm of the Wild makes Gishath uncounterable as well as a haste enabler for other Dinos or a +1/+1 counter source to help against Marauding/Forerunner's damage to a creature. Jeska's Will can make ramp to cast a fast Gishath for as low as five mana. Make seven or more red mana with Will then add any one white mana and any one green mana.
Otepec Huntmaster as a ramp source is better than Kinjalli's Caller because Huntmaster is also a haste enabler for a Dino and rarely will you have white mana turn one to cast Caller. Apex Altisaur is a big Dino who's an upgrade for Burning Sun's Avatar repeatable fight with enrage and it fights an opponent's creature when it ETB.
Cinder Glade and Canopy Vista would help color fixing because then Farseek, Skyshroud Claim, Mountain Valley can search for a dual land and Battle lands have interaction with lots of basic lands. Path of Ancestry is a good budget Rainbow land for tribal since repeatable scry is helpful. Mosswort Bridge's hideaway can easily be triggered with Dinos. Some other budget lands are Battlefield Forge, Naya Panorama, Ash Barrens.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Highland Weald
- Timber Gorge
- Tranquil Expanse
- Gruul Guildgate
- Vivid Crag
- Vivid Meadow
- Graypelt Refuge
- Shamanic Revelation
- Alpha Authority
- Kinjalli's Caller
- Burning Sun's Avatar
- Siegehorn Ceratops
- Whispersilk Cloak
- Raging Regisaur
- Gratuitous Violence
Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
Alright here are a few things I notice that will help tune up the deck to help speed it up, as well as improve consistency overall.
Cards to remove-
Rocky Tar Pits
Tapped lands are the bane of any deck as far as speed goes. Switching these out for lands that enter untapped will speed things up as well as provide better consistency for color fixing. If you are going to include a tapped land make sure it provides insane value (Valakut for example, or Mosswort Bridge in big creature heavy decks) so the drawback of the ETB tapped is worth it in the long run.
Scroll Rack- A good card, but you have no real way to abuse it, and it is really nothing more than a replacement effect since your top deck manipulation is based off of high CMC creatures. Damnable Pact would provide you with a better way to refill your hand, and you seem to havew enough lifegain scattered through out to offset the life loss.
The Mending of Dominaria- It is a high CMC card that is fairly easy to remove, keeping you from getting the third trigger off and negating the power of the card... I would suggest Abundance since you are running Sylvan Library. This will allow you to replace the downside of Sylvan Library (pay 4 life to draw extra cards) and help you sculpt your hand for what you need in the moment. (Basically those two cards together read- At the beginning of your up keep draw three cards, naming land or non land for each draw. It is an awesome replacement effect need to be running Abundance)
Ranger's Path- It costs 4, and the lands enter tapped. You have a decent enough ramp package going already and i don't feel like you need the redundancy here. I would suggest adding Blasphemous Act or Black Sun's Zenith to give you another board wipe since you are running slightly light on those. Both are good cards just depends on which style you might need... Black suns will get around indestructible, while Blasphemous will normally only cost you one mana. Or run both if you play against mainly casual (ie big creature) decks.
The only other big thing i notice is a lack of single target interaction for Artifacts and Enchantments. Cards like Vandalblast, By Force, Force of Vigor, Return to Nature, and even Caustic Caterpillar are great removal if you find yourself wanting to increase your interaction.
Overall I dig the deck for what you are going for. Let me know if you have any questions about my suggestions are anything overall. Hope this helps some
2 months ago
A couple others maybe:
Flip in place of a swamp.
Spawning Pool in place of a swamp. The tapped land part sucks but nice to have a disposable blocker in a pinch.
Tangled Florahedron Flip - maybe? Not really sure about this one.
Oran-Rief, the Vastwood in place of a forest.
Mosswort Bridge in place of a swamp. Wouldn't it be cool if you had a In Garruk's Wake or a Verdant Force under it?
Field of Ruin in place of another swamp.
Crawling Barrens in place of another swamp. This is a surprisingly good land. It can come out of nowhere in a pinch.
Labyrinth of Skophos in place of a forest or swamp. Nice to be able to remove an infect creature or big guy coming at you.
Conqueror's Galleon Flip in place of Talisman of Resilience. The flip on the Galleon is really easy (especially with the Labyrin and can be a good source of value or recursion.
3 months ago
There are exceptions to what was outlined above. For example, check out Ashaya, Soul of the Wild. Notice how it says "Nontoken creatures you control are Forest lands in addition to their other types." Because it specifies that non-token creatures are forests, they count towards things like Blanchwood Armor. The important distinction is that it says that they are forests. Just because something taps for green doesn't make it a forest - and that even includes land. For example, Mosswort Bridge is a cool land that exclusively taps for green, but it is not a forest, rather only a land.
3 months ago
- Defense of the Heart Monstrous Onslaught Defense of the Heart Ulvenwald Tracker Frontier Siege Genesis Wave Mosswort Bridge Hunter's Insight
Found Some more!
4 months ago
- Card draw:
- Sylvan Library : Card draw.
- Elvish Visionary : Cheap, cantrip, shaman.
- Mosswort Bridge : Pseudo cantrip.
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip : Pseudo cantrip. Flip = better Gaea's Cradle.
- Blighted Woodland : Comes into play untapped. Ramp card mid-lategame.
- Path of Ancestry : Potential card filter.
- Strip Mine : Utility land.
- Gingerbread Cabin : Forest with minor upside. No reason not to play it in mono green.
- Fauna Shaman : Tutor, shaman.
- Noxious Revival : Manaless. Allows another shot for wincons.
- Scavenging Ooze : Manasink. graveyard disruption.
- Card draw:
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary : Card draw.
- Beast Whisperer : Green conditional card draw.
- Guardian Project : Green conditional card draw.
- Runic Armasaur : Card draw (meta dependent).
- Compost : Card draw (meta dependent).
- Sakura-Tribe Scout : Early game shaman. Mana acceleration.
- Genesis Wave : Pseudo card advantage.
- Arch of Orazca : Card draw.
- Win more:
- Myojin of Life's Web : Too expensive. Very likely that you do not have enough cards in hand to make this worthwhile lategame.
- Patron of the Orochi : Quest for Renewal is cheaper.
- Gigantomancer : Cute, but 8 mana is too much for this kind of effect.
- Archetype of Endurance : Win more card. No real synergy. Asceticism Is better (although also not recommended).
- Trolls of Tel-Jilad : This is a bad card.
- Soul of the Harvest : Beast Whisperer / Guardian Project, cheaper. Almost same effect.
- Sakiko, Mother of Summer : Too expensive. Doesn't do enough for mana cost.
- Sage of Ancient Lore Flip : Very likely that you do not have enough cards in hand to make this worthwhile mid-lategame.
- Wildheart Invoker : This is a bad card.
- Sakura-Tribe Springcaller : This is a bad card.
- Loaming Shaman : Not enough card draw that allows you to get your desired cards in you hand.
- Essence Warden : This is a bad card.
- Vines of Vastwood : Very situational card.
- Squall Line : Not very good card. Situational.
- Krosan Grip : Expensive situational removal.
- Gilded Lotus : Unnecessary ramp.
- Tranquil Grove : Unless your meta plays a lot of enchantments, not really necessary. Otherwise, recommmend Back to Nature instead.
- Beastmaster Ascension : Your creatures are not big enough for this to work consistently.
- Spidersilk Armor: No tutors, not enough card draw to obtain it. Unreliable flyer prevention. Silklash Spider Will hold off flyers with tutors.
Staple cards are cards I recommend obtaining and using, since they are almost always good cards to have in any green deck. The rest is up to preference and should be taken with a grain of salt. I hope I could be of some use to you.
4 months ago
Just as a starting point I would definitely run some more mana rocks, especially Sol Ring. It's almost always worth the $2-3. Also if you're willing to drop $4-5 Arcane Signet is worth it as well. You have a good amount of lands for what you're trying to do, but I would replace Mosswort Bridge and Secluded Steppe with basic lands. I think it'd be better to just have basics that come in untapped. I would also replace Naya Panorama with Myriad Landscape if you want a good budget fetch that gives you more value, and finally if you can swing it, I'd swap out either Blossoming Sands or Graypelt Refuge with a Sunpetal Grove for better value, and the other you could take out for Canopy Vista or just another basic. Basics aren't bad.
Also with all the 1/1's you're making, Skullclamp would give you a lot of value.
Those are just a few changes I'd make. Good deck. Hope this helps. (: