Vessel of Nascency
, Sacrifice Vessel of Nascency: Reveal the top four cards of your library. You may put an artifact, creature, enchantment, land, or planeswalker card from among them into your hand. Put the rest into your graveyard.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Vessel of Nascency occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Vessel of Nascency Discussion
3 months ago
I would have never thought to find such a comment like this, it's A M A Z I N G. I really like your support on this project and I would love to create a competitive deck together.
Unfortunatly I don't work yet, so I can't really have a deck with Moxes, 15 Fetch Lands and OP Mana Artifacts, but we can build one not caring for the price just to see if it will be competitive or not
Others, instead, need some explanation:
-Witchbane Orb is needed in my deck because in my playgroup people will 100% try to Bojuka Bog or try to Flash in a Tormod's Crypt when the Commander is being casted ( happened to me once when I was trying to cast a Kathril, Aspect Warper who was going to become a 26/26 with 13 different abilities....)
-Blood for Bones has one of the most intricated rulings I've ever seen, with it you can sacrifice a creature and then return that same creature you sacrificed back to the battlefield, creating a card that can "Blink" in Black and that also returns a creature into your hand from the graveyard
Another thing, I don't think that attacking with spiders is a good idea, my Deck can create a bunch of them in a turn, but i would rather win with them with a combo then wait for a full rotation (and all my friends at the LGS have at least 2 boardwipes per deck) to attack.
This deck doesn't draw, you're right, but it mills itself and then returns to hand important combo pieces from the graveyard, but we can try to put in a Shamanic Revelation and other cool drawing cards and see what happens
Let me now what you think, I'm really excited about this project
3 months ago
Thanks for your comment. I am very happy about such comments, as it is difficult to keep an eye on every possible combination with over a thousand commanders, especially with such a commander like Ishkanah, which you don't meet in your LGS every day. Thanks to your comment, I can see more of the potential of Ishkanah. I you want to tune up your deck, I have some recommendations for that:
I would exchange:
- Panharmonicon has only 3 targets + your commander... I think that's not efficien enough I would rather play this beast of a card: Ohran Frostfang because this card converts your spiders into carddrawing killer spiders.
- Far Wanderings for Cultivate because it's more reliable and effective
- Vessel of Nascency for Jarad's Orders because this card is just a perfect tutor for decks like this
- Blood for Bones for Victimize
- Is Witchbane Orb one of your meta picks, because a lot of your opponents play curses or burn? If not, I would rather play more carddraw because you have to less of it in your deck. Play Sylvan Library (or Phyrexian Arena) instead
- Drown in Filth with either another good removal like Abrupt Decay; Caustic Caterpillar; Plaguecrafter (Force of Despair, Darkblast, Snuff Out, Force of Vigor, Tragic Slip etc.)
- Cut 2 Forests and a Swamp for Bala Ged Recovery Flip, Khalni Ambush Flip & Hagra Mauling Flip
- Grapple with the Past for Fiend Artisan/Phyrexian Arena/Opposition Agent
- Entomb for any other tutor like Demonic, Vampiric, Grim Worldly Tutor etc. or Buried Alive
I would play as many cool utility lands with a sacrifice effect and as many fetch lands as possible because they're needed for Delirium and have also great potential with the MVP in every graveyard deck Life from the Loam:
- Evolving Wilds/Terramorphic Expanse/Ash Barrens/Jund Panorama
- Prismatic Vista/Verdant Catacombs; Windswept Heath/Wooded Foothills/Bloodstained Mire etc. (If they're out of budget, you just can play the cool and cheaper utility lands and you'll be fine) Other cool lands: Grim Backwoods!!; Geier Reach Sanitarium, Drownyard Temple Phyrexian Tower, Emergence Zone, Haunted Fengraf, Buried Ruin I would also add Deserted Temple because it can produce together with Cabal Coffers + Rings of Brighthearth infinite black mana.
Carddraw or Cardadvantage:
- Ohran Frostfang!!
- Driven / Despair!!
- Sylvan Library!!
- Night's Whisper
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary
- Phyrexian Arena!!
- Journey to Eternity Flip
- Phyrexian Reclamation
- Fauna Shaman/Birthing Pod/Fiend Artisan/Survival of the Fittest/Yisan, the Wanderer Bard
Other good finishers/ combo pieces:
- Altar of the Brood / Blood Artist / Zulaport Cutthroat
- Craterhoof Behemoth or the budget version: End-Raze Forerunners / Overrun
- Triumph of the Hordes
Well, I'm sure that you already know what other options there are to tune up the deck. If you want to win consitenly I would add more ways to produce infinte mana like Nim Deathmantle + Priest of Gix + Ashnod's Altar or Magus of the Coffers + Staff of Domination OR another unigue and complicated way to filter infinite colorless mana with Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth is together with Mirage Mirror and a Swamp...
To make the whole thing more consistent you have play all green and black tutors, play fast mana like the Moxes, Mana Crypt/-Vault, Manadorks (Elvish Mystic/Elves of Deep Shadow/Llanowar Elves etc. and pack some premium removal in the deck to raise the power level. If you're interested we can brew a fringe competetive list together.
4 months ago
By default, the characteristics of a modal double-faced card are the characteristics of the front face. In this case, Bala Ged Recovery Flip is a sorcery. It will only be considered a land card when it's back-face is up while on the battlefield.
Hope this helps!!
4 months ago
6 months ago
zapyourtumor, thanks for the suggestions. Vessel of Nascency could certainly fit into the deck, although, we often don’t have trouble hitting delirium so it might not be necessary. I understand that Fatal Push is considered by many to the best cheap removal spell, but personally I like the Golgari options of Abrupt Decay and Assassin's Trophy since they can answer a wider variety of threats. Finally, both Liliana and Thoughtseize are way outside of my budget, so unfortunately I can’t run them in the deck.
6 months ago
6 months ago
I feel a bit of a split between the "creatures in graveyards" theme and the "delirium" theme. One wants you to run a ton of creatures in your deck (which you do, at 36), while the other wants you to have more variety in your card types. I would probably stick with the creatures in graveyards theme, since 1) you have no fetch lands 2) Perpetual Timepiece exiles itself, if you go for delirium you can run stuff like Mishra's Bauble instead.