|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Oath of the Gatewatch (OGW)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Wandering Fumarole enters the battlefield tapped.
: Add or to your mana pool.
: Until end of turn, Wandering Fumarole becomes a 1/4 blue and red Elemental creature with ": Switch this creature's power and toughness until end of turn." It's still a land.
Wandering Fumarole Discussion
1 month ago
2 months ago
Looks like fun!
Maybe balance out your mana base so the color pie is more aligned?
There are just so many possibilities with this commander in every card type. #value
If you plan to go with Jeskai Ascendancy wins, it might be worth including more manlands, as well (e.g. Faerie Conclave , Wandering Fumarole , Mutavault , Needle Spires , Ghitu Encampment , Forbidding Watchtower , etc.). Activate as many as possible ahead of your first Ascendancy trigger, tap them for mana, and then untap and repeat for each Ascendancy trigger until you have a ton of man and giant manlands.
2 months ago
I'll echo what the other commenter said about Geier Reach Sanitarium it simply isn't a good enough of a combo with Narset, Parter of Veils . You're only going to be activating it late game when your opponent is topdecking and if your a control deck with an unpressured Narset, Parter of Veils on board with a topdecking opponent your winning 99% of the time.
You also have no Opt or Serum Visions to smooth out your draws. Without Narset all of your wheel effects are going to be extremely bad in any sort of competitive modern environment as your spending 3+ mana to not affect the board at all. I would cut the Cryptic Command and the Mana Leak to add some Opt and Serum Visions since right now your split between tap-out and countermagic control which means your deck is going to be less efficient. I would personally go with a tap-out style deck as you currently have a bunch of sorcery speed creatures and planeswalkers and you need board wipes like Languish and Anger of the Gods to catch up against aggressive decks.
Also a couple of small one-off changes assuming you have the budget
- Wandering Fumarole is 90% of the time worse than Creeping Tar Pit
- Cyclonic Rift isn't playable in modern like it is in commander, by the 10+ turn mark were you going to have the mana to cast Cyclonic Rift it isn't going to affect the game that much, you are either going to be dead or you are going to win the game or it doesn't do anything.
- With only two fetchlands your never going to be able to cast Nicol Bolas, Dragon-God on curve especially with 3+ colourless lands.
3 months ago
Please link all cards in your question using double brackets.
Depending on the wording of the other thing animating the land it could either revert to it's previous P/T or revert to an inanimate land. If it was a man-land like Wandering Fumarole animated by it's own ability it will revert to being a land because both effects will have ended. If it is a spell or ability like Awaken ( Planar Outburst ) or Nissa, Worldwaker that doesn't have an end it will revert to the animated land. The Sylvan Awakening will overwrite the stats of older effects but will not remove them.
4 months ago
The mill from Thought Scour doesn't enable anything atm so Peek could be a decent replacement. You probably aren't going to overload Cyclonic Rift so Echoing Truth , Blink of an Eye , Perilous Voyage etc could be good here. Some amount of Ionize and Spell Pierce could be useful and Shivan Reef and Wandering Fumarole are probably the cheapest dual lands you could play.
4 months ago
- -1 Barren Moor +1 Azorius Signet
- -1 Lonely Sandbar +1 Dimir Signet
- -1 Tranquil Thicket +1 Gruul Signet
- -1 Forgotten Cave +1 Simic Signet
- -1 Secluded Steppe +1 Boros Signet
- -1 Azorius Chancery +1 Coalition Relic
- -1 Boros Garrison +1 Thran Dynamo
- -1 Dimir Aqueduct +1 Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- -1 Golgari Rot Farm +1 Wandering Fumarole
- -1 Gruul Turf +1 Raging Ravine
- -1 Izzet Boilerworks +1 Celestial Colonnade
- -1 Orzhov Basilica +1 Creeping Tar Pit
- -1 Rakdos Carnarium +1 Hissing Quagmire
- -1 Selesnya Sanctuary +1 Pentad Prism
- -1 Simic Growth Chamber +1 Riftwing Cloudskate
- -1 Mantis Rider +1 Duplicant
- -1 Psychatog +1 Thought Erasure
- -1 Drooling Groodion +1 Vraska, Relic Seeker
- -1 Ancestral Mask +1 Inferno Titan
- -1 Twisted Abomination +1 Exhume
- -1 Sengir Vampire +1 Animate Dead
- -1 Ravenous Rats +1 Unburial Rites
- -1 Spirit Mantle +1 Angel of Invention
- -1 Brood Butcher +1 Cloudgoat Ranger
- -1 Elephant Guide +1 Verdurous Gearhulk
- -1 Gladecover Scout +1 Terastodon
6 months ago
6 months ago
I personally think that in order to make a contrl deck successful in modern, you really need walkers and creature lands for wincons. Celestial Colonnade isn't too expensive anymore and I would suggest picking up at least 2. Wandering Fumarole is cheap and could be ran as a singleton. As for walkers, Jace, Unraveler of Secrets is a decent placeholder for the best Jace. Ajani Vengeant could be another walker you can utilize.
As for some of your spells, I would remove Think Twice and Hieroglyphic Illumination for 4x Serum Visions and 1x Sphinx's Revelation . Disolve isn't very good either, but modern did just get Absorb and it can help vs burn/aggro. Condemn is also a very good removal card to run with Path to Exile.
I hope some of these suggestions help you out! Good luck in your future endeavors!
Wandering Fumarole occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
UR (Izzet): 0.54%