Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt this turn.
1 week ago
I've don't the time sieve route a bit before with very limited success tbh and
Sarinth Steelseeker was in my mind in building but idk what I'd want to cut for it. But that's what first drafts are for
As for Fog and Weather the Storm, those were put there for infect and storm, not overly worried on burn. I've been a bit out of modern last couple months and wasn't certain on overall meta, just my local
1 month ago
You got a very good point though, I playtested this against my friend's Gruul aggro deck Wrath of the clans, red/green aggro and I always lost because this deck was just a turn or two too slow to tip the scales. So a "way to keep yourself alive one more turn" would definitely help. Just since most of the time you would use only the first and the last choice of Primal Command, I believe something along the lines of Nourish or Feed the Clan or just a Fog effect would fit better mostly due to Primal Command's high mana cost. Also topdecking is alright since you should gut half the lands out of the library in the first 5 turns, so most of the time you topdeck something that keeps you going.
Honestly this is one of my older decks so I haven't put as much effort into it as I normally would with my newer decks. I recently just moved some cards around as I was playtesting it to make it flow better.
5 months ago
Hello! I saw your deck help tag and wanted to give some insight.
I don't run Miirym as commander, but I do have her in the 99 in Smashing Faces with the Ur-Dragon, and she always pushes me to victory whenever she's allowed to stick on the battlefield.
Some areas you might want to change to improve your consistency:
1 - Ramp
- Farseek and Fellwar Stone are great for fixing for multiple colors of mana. You might take out Birds of Paradise (dies so easily), Sakura-Tribe Elder (fixes for only one color) and Sword of Once and Future (no synergy with dragons) for them.
- Skyshroud Claim is great for the same reasons above. Frontier Siege never impressed me in a multicolor deck, because I often need colors outside of .
- If you run the suggestions above, you probably need more fetchable dual lands: Ketria Triome, Breeding Pool, Steam Vents, Stomping Ground, Sheltered Thicket, Wooded Ridgeline.
- If you run Into the North, you can also use Highland Forest, Rimewood Falls, Volatile Fjord and some snow basics (Snow-Covered Forest, Snow-Covered Island, Snow-Covered Mountain) to fetch.
2 - Draw/Haste
- It is tough to cast Tribute to the World Tree in a 3-color deck without Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth or Chromatic Lantern on the battlefield. Maybe you want Temur Ascendancy instead.
3 - Removal/Boardwipes
- Chain Reaction cleans your own dragons. Curse of the Swine should get rid of your opponents' most problematic creatures. If you face a lot of token decks, Surtland Frostpyre is a boardwipe on a land that leaves most of your dragons alive.
- Green Sun's Twilight could be Chaos Warp as a second Beast Within.
4 - Protection
- In my dragons deck, I often want protection and haste for more than one creature. Swiftfoot Boots got swapped out for Asceticism.
- Slip Out the Back could instead be Heroic Intervention (it has good synergy with Blasphemous Act).
- If you don't want to be attacked, Propaganda might deter more attackers than Fog.
- Can you cast Counterspell and Bane's Contingency reliably? Swan Song or Arcane Denial might be easier to cast considering your manabase.
5 - Card draw
- Rishkar's Expertise, Garruk, Primal Hunter and Return of the Wildspeaker are the cream of the crop of green card draw. You might want to remove Blur, Essence Flux and Ghostly Flicker for them. (Instead of running flicker effects to save your creatures, it might be better to just run more threats in case they are dealt with - and card draw helps with that.)
6 - Better threats
- Dragon Broodmother creates tokens at a much faster pace than Dragonmaster Outcast.
- Korlessa, Scale Singer never impressed me. Knollspine Dragon is way better at drawing cards.
- Overwhelming Stampede wins games harder than Thundermaw Hellkite.
- I would take out Flameblast Dragon for Utvara Hellkite.
7 - Some utility lands you might want to run
5 months ago
Ok, I've gotten in a about 8 games and have made a few tweaks. I tried for a powered down deck but have failed lol. Running Keruga and purposely not running staples even at 3+ cmc like Rhystic Study, Fierce Guardianship, etc. and committing hard to a legendary only theme (Relic of Legends being the only exception) has kept things reasonable though.
I've won 4 games so far and besides a game with a timely Primevals' Glorious Rebirth with a haste enabler and like 8 creatures coming back, I could've been shut down if they saw removal. In a few of my losses that's exactly what happened though (ok, one was a perfect Fog).
6 months ago
Rhonas the Indomitable's combat restriction and activated ability strongly support a stompy-style deck. I'm not trying to dissuade you from building the deck you want, but I do suggest at least considering other indestructible options like Anara, Wolvid Familiar + a partner, Nylea, Keen-Eyed, or Toski, Bearer of Secrets, each of which offers a different dynamic in addition to indestructibility. Neyith of the Dire Hunt can be played as mono-green if you want to lean into the fight angle, and Kogla, the Titan Ape is another potential commander there.
TurboFog can be built in mono-green. Aside from the Fog effects like Moment's Peace, Sunstone, and Tangle, cards like Arboria, Elephant Grass, Silent Arbiter, and Crawlspace restrict attacking options. Orbs of Warding and Witchbane Orb offer more protection. Heroic Intervention should be a given if you have access to one, and there's a good number of instants that grant single-target protection. You're going to want to draw heavily, so look at artifact-based draw, top-deck searching like Commune with the Gods or Vessel of Nascency, and Sylvan Library, Harmonize, and Greater Good.
Green's win conditions are heavily based around creatures and attacking, and that's only gotten more true in recent years. Helix Pinnacle works as an alternate win con for a slower game, and artifact combos are always applicable.
6 months ago
Volcanic Salvo is a cute card but for that mana value I'd prefer a game ending or totally field warping.
Surge to Victory is a double edged sword. If your creatures get ran into a Fog you lost your spell. Even if there is no fog effect if the creatures get blocked by 0/1 tokens you're in the same position. I don't see a lot of ways for you to force damage through.
7 months ago
- Second Harvest: instantly double your tokens and with Ezuri around, greatly increase your XP at the same time.
- Rite of Replication: insanely good when kicked and completely bonkers when cast on creatures like Avenger of Zendikar, Kalonian Hydra and Mycoloth. .
- Vigor: make your creatures not just immune to combat damage, but actually lets them benefit from it.
- Herald of Secret Streams: already in your maybeboard; I'd really consider mainboarding it, he's just too good to pass on.
- Spike Weaver: acts as a permanent Fog during opponents' combat phases.
Have fun with the brew!