Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt this turn.
4 weeks ago
Reinforce the Gate
Target creature gets +0/+X until end of turn, where X is the combined toughness of each other creature you control, gains reach, and may block any number of creatures this turn.
1 month ago
900-something damage to myself, unintentionally. I was hiding behind Fog effects including Constant Mists against a horde of flying Slivers. I went for a big Hurricane to clear the board and my opponent hit it with Reflect Damage.
1 month ago
Very solid build on a budget and I love the theme! I posted some comments on my Jorn deck page in response to yours. So for here, and focusing on simply card draw and protection, I recommend these cards because they're cheap and have never let me down:
- Joint Exploration - its like Growth Spiral and Opt rolled into one
- The Cruelty of Gix - because of the new "Read Ahead" mechanic, this thing lets you tutor for any card at the small price of 3 life (typical when you're in the color of Black), and also has graveyard recursion which is what your deck is trying to do.
- Diabolic Vision - probably THE best scry/draw card in Dimir colors and runs about $0.50
- Expedition Map - tutors for ANY land
- Tempt with Discovery - also tutors for ANY land, and usually within a game you'll get +1 or +2 additional lands off this cast
- Sunstone - $0.25 card from Ice Age that gives you a Fog effect when you need it
- Viridian Revel - great against folks playing treasure-heavy decks, allowing you to draw every time they sac a treasure
- Scrying Sheets - a bit out of your budget, being roughly $5-6, but its soooooooo good in Snow decks
2 months ago
Some changes were made and added 5 new drakes (#10-14) to round off this set
Made some much needed drake creatures (that are decent) for the tribe including a tri color commander let me know what you all think of them.
1.- basically a looting and token engine just really liked the art had to make a card from it
2.- A standard control card tap a card for a turn nothing to special but better than a lot of low rarity drakes that they made
3.-Just a bulk rare draw engine. Art made look like it was a fish eater so made ability around that
4.-A Fog with wings not much eles to this card: Changes made expanded on its end combat phase ability and made all combat phases in case you run into an infinite combat deck (small but useful ability) also made it hybrid mana and 1 colorless cheaper
5.- A mana doubler and filter with basic land search, can really help you if your getting color/mana screwed: Changes took out a green mana added a colorless mana and made one of the green a hybrid mana since it being mon-green was causing issues with the color pie
6.-a aggressive red Wind Drake that can help clear the field of small creature: Changes took out a red mana and added a colorless mana to help with the casting cost
7.- An Earthquake with wings
8. a late game aggressive creature that makes tokens that finish the game faster: Changes made added blue to the casting cost didn't like it gruul it didn't feel right also made 2 colorless cheaper and reduced it's power and toughness to help come out faster
9.-A tutor for drakes, that can basically search for one by itself
10.-A functional reprint of Gilded Drake because it too expensive
11.-Since i have a Gold and copper scale drake decided to have a silver one as well, LOL
12.- A Diamond Lion with wings and the ability to either ramp or reload your hand- also since I had a scale drake for the other rarities needed one for mythic
13.-A Lieutenant for your drakes work that gives you a rystic token engine plus a drake token doubler so if it doesn't make any tokens it will still be useful to fill the skies. Also really liked the art
14.-A snow drake that acts as temporary removal.
15.-The big boy himself has a lot that you could ask for in a commander has a lord effect that enables better attacks, brings more bodies to throw at your opponent, and can protect key cards by phasing them out: Changes changes his last a bit since he did have anything made the green mana justified in his cost now you can choose between +1/+1 counters for your drakes or tap a non flying creature for better defense since that tapped creature can't attack you for a turn
- - Alternate commander for the precon im building. Upgrading Talrand, Sky Summoner and making him a villain (there are so few non black villians in magic) that has expanded his definition of a Sea due to a lust of power and believing it's his destiny.
2 months ago
Demon of Dark Schemes reanimation and a boardwipe
Dread Return reanimation
Puppeteer Clique reanimation of an opponents threat (also works with persist combos if you choose to do that)
Mindslicer hate on blue players. Everyone discard their hand.
Mausoleum Secrets instant speed tutor
Victimize sac a creature return 2. Very good reanimation
For a few additional ideas take a look at My golgari deck it has a lifegain theme that won't translate but many off the cards beyond that might be good includes.
3 months ago
A good example of a rules bend is Questing Beast.
Green normally doesn't have vigilance, or haste.
Green normally doesn't have restrictions on what can block it.
Green also normally doesn't make combat damage unable to be prevented. What it normally does is either Fog and stop it all, or make things indestructible until end of turn. If you're looking at damage being unable to be prevented, that's really more of a red thing.
And green certainly doesn't do "extra damage".
Questing Beast should have been Naya, or Gruul at the least. But certainly not mono-green.
3 months ago
Huge fan of Lands.dec especially in EDH.
I like your straightforward concept but this glass cannon needs a playset or 2 of support cards to streamline your strategy. Stuff like Gamble, Mystical Tutor, Personal Tutor, Muddle the Mixture, Drift of Phantasms, Ring of Three Wishes
Otawara, Soaring City much needed removal that doesn't mess up your strategy.
Dust Bowl is incredible with basic lands.
If you were to use every suggestion I just made your land percentage would be 87% which still wipes out a table of 4.