|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Shadows over Innistrad (SOI)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Warrior Werewolf
: Look at the top three cards of your library. You may reveal a creature card from among them and put it into your hand. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
At the beginning of each upkeep, if no spells were cast last turn, transform Duskwatch Recruiter.
Duskwatch Recruiter Discussion
1 day ago
Hey, for improvements consider more draw, recursion, tutors and more powerful mana sinks?
Nikya's ability doesn't let you cast noncreature spells so you need to be creative in how you can tutor for creatures. Fauna Shaman is great, but you need to draw her or have ways to tutor for her. Nikya can make a lot of mana with her ability, but you need creatures to use all the mana with. You will not always have a big creature to use all the mana to cast therefore mana sinks give you something to use the mana with.
Cards to consider adding:
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip: front side is a mana sink repeatable way to get creatures into your hand.
- Walking Ballista : mana sink that can kill all your opponents. Combos well with Candelabra.
- Magus of the Candelabra : mana sink to untap all your lands and make even more mana.
- Genesis : repeatable way to recur creatures. Good with Fauna and Greater Good.
- Eternal Witness
- Elvish Harbinger : tutor for one of Fauna, Whisperer, Oracle, Empath, Piper, Vastwood, etc.
- Mwonvuli Beast Tracker : tutor for one of Runic, Soul, Vigor, Forerunners, etc.
- Woodland Bellower
- Temur Sabertooth : mana sink/repeatable bounce of creatures, combos well with Genesis Hydra or any other creature who has a powerful ETB ability. Good with the creatures who ETB to tutor for another creature.
- Steel Hellkite : mana sink to completely wreck opponent you're attacking or do a lot of flying combat damage.
- Reclamation Sage
- Wood Elves : put a dual land onto the battlefield: Glade, Thicket or Stomping.
- Garruk's Packleader : draw when big creatures ETB.
- Greater Good : combos well with Genesis, puts Genesis in graveyard, repeatable way to draw a lot of cards and then recur the creatures you discard or sac.
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary
- Cinder Glade
- Sheltered Thicket
- Stomping Ground
Cards to consider cutting:
- Gruul Guildgate
- Rupture Spire
- Kazandu Refuge
- Thran Dynamo
- Firewild Borderpost
- Illusionist's Bracers
- Leaf Gilder
- Terra Stomper
- Karametra's Acolyte
- Savageborn Hydra
- Silvos, Rogue Elemental
- Ulasht, the Hate Seed
- Explosive Vegetation
- Kodama's Reach
- Zendikar Resurgent
Good luck with your deck.
6 days ago
Doug4130: The issue with it is that I need an outlet like Duskwatch Recruiter Flip or a Survival of the Fittest to sink the mana, otherwise I am putting in half a combo. Staff of Domination Draws me the deck for the pieces I need. Every other outlet requires bounces, which having infinite mana does not solve.
hkhssweiss: Dude, I owe it all to scotchtapedsleeve. He actually did this background for the budget version of the deck, but when I saw it live, I immediately decided to use it for the main and use the other one for the budget version. I love the dense forest with a river at the center, it really encapsulates the theme I was going for: "Blue in Green". Thank you so much for the kind words! <3
3 weeks ago
Gotcha. When you said "from bulk" I thought maybe that meant cards you had laying around haha
Having 0 interaction or protection outside of creatures, you should def put in that Prowling Serpopard and Spellbreaker Behemoth . Soul of New Phyrexia protects all your creatures from a board wipe. Ruric Thar, the Unbowed punishes control players. Duskwatch Recruiter Flip is a fantastic mana sink (as is Genesis Hydra ). Treasure Keeper and Woodland Bellower could be interesting? And Conduit of Ruin makes everything cheaper while tutoring for Decimator of the Provinces , Mockery of Nature , Nullstone Gargoyle , etc. Spearbreaker Behemoth and Stonehoof Chieftain also give some protection.
1 month ago
1 month ago
TheSimikBOat Maybe it's worth running eldritch evolution just because of how good it is. Not a huge amount but maybe cut a Prime Speaker Vannifar for 1 because she is legendary. Also, an Ezuri, Renegade Leader or some other game-winning mana sink such as Craterhoof Behemoth could be useful as I can really see any good mana sinks other than Duskwatch Recruiter Flip.
I thought you were supposed to review the deck the person above you has posted, it clearly says so in the description. I've been looking at the recent posts and the last person to actually review (there are some people who might have been talking about the deck above them but it hardly counts as a review) the deck above them was StoryArcher on December 15th. The whole point of this forum is, you post a deck knowing that someone looks at and reviews it and in return, you look at and review someone else's. Anyway, let's hope this happens from now on.
1 month ago
Thanks for the suggestion!
...when i cam across the eldritch evolution combo i playtested a bunch with the vizier druid version. There Duskwatch Recruiter Flip is a must have.
In the current version i don't see why it would be even "good", let alone "great" - compared to Life's Legacy it creates the following problems:
- it costs 2G to draw 1, instead of 1G to draw 2-5 (sometimes 6) - yes i need my land drops
- it introduces another vulnerability, namely removal spells (beside counterspells), and can waste my turn 2, if the opponent manages to kill it before my next turn
- i don't want to contemplate playing the hybrid of Serra Avenger & (a worse) Heartless Summoning, that will be on the field (and can be killed with removal) from turn 2 onwards - if i want to use it on turn 4...
- as a creature its brutally inferior to my 2 drops Voice of Resurgence, Strangleroot Geist & Scavenging Ooze are all leagues ahead of it.
1 month ago
Oddly enough, melira does not actually combo with Devoted Druid. Melira says that you creatures can't have -1/-1 counters put on them, and because part of the activation cost of druid is to put a -1/-1 counter on it, you cannot untap it. However your not totally screwed, Vizier of Remedies does go infinte with druid because it replaces the -1/-1 counter. So if you want the combo to work, you should probably add white for Vizier of Remedies. Then if you add Duskwatch Recruiter Flip wins the game with infinite mana. You just activate its ability until you find a ballista and it kills right there. You can also add cards like Collected Company, Commune with Nature, and Chord of Calling to assemble the combo much more consistently. If you add these cards then all you need to win in the deck is Devoted Druid, Vizier of Remedies and Devoted Druid so you only technically have to run 1 ballista as the pay off to kill. Doing that allows you to cut out all of the big creatures that are normally clunky in a hand and replace them with value and toolbox creatures like Birds of Paradise, Eternal Witness, Knight of the Reliquary, Kitchen Finks, Scavenging Ooze, and Tireless Tracker. And because you now have access to white you can play Path to Exile to have some removal, and Shalai, Voice of Plenty to protect the combo. Hope this could help a little!
1 month ago
Duskwatch Recruiter occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0,34%
RG (Gruul): 0,52%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0,06%
RG (Gruul): 0,26%