Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Creature — Human Barbarian Shaman
Dragon spells you cast cost less to cast.
3 months ago
eliakimras on B.F.D.
4 months ago
Glancing through your cards, your deck's problem might be because you're building it based on best-case scenario, with tons of clones and blink synergies. (In my playgroup, Miirym always gets removed before her untap step, so the Miirym player does not rely on her sticking to the board.)
I'll suggest some upgrades for your deck based on making it more consistent and less dependant on Miirym:
Explosive turns with lots of cost reducers sound nice... if people don't blow up your dorks before you get any value from them.
- I would swap out Dragonlord's Servant, Goblin Anarchomancer, Bronze Walrus, Dragonspeaker Shaman, Open the Gates, Mind Stone, Lapis Orb of Dragonkind, Commander's Sphere, Gilded Lotus for Fellwar Stone, Farseek, Nature's Lore, Three Visits, Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, Chromatic Lantern, Coalition Relic, Herald's Horn.
2nd. You need more lands (36 lands + 13 ramp cards is a good starting point)
- Storage lands like Crucible of the Spirit Dragon are only worth it with proliferate shenanigans. Exotic Orchard serves you better.
- Forgotten Cave and Tranquil Thicket can be Sheltered Thicket and Ketria Triome instead. (Synergy with the landfetchers above.)
- Highland Lake, Swiftwater Cliffs, Temple of Epiphany, Timber Gorge and Woodland Stream could be these utility lands instead: Mosswort Bridge, Myriad Landscape, Blighted Woodland, Kessig Wolf Run, Littjara Mirrorlake.
- Bala Ged Recovery Flip, Valakut Awakening Flip and Glasspool Mimic Flip are three spells that can be played as a land. I would take out Dragonmaster Outcast, Delina, Wild Mage and Demanding Dragon for them.
- Evolving Wilds and Terramorphic Expanse could be swapped out for Unclaimed Territory and Secluded Courtyard.
3rd. Better counterspells
4th. Better removal
5th. Better boardwipes
- Klauth's Will is a more versatile Magmaquake. Ryusei, the Falling Star can be cloned for extra doom for your opponents. Curse of the Swine does not touch your board.
- I would take out Magmaquake, Preordain and Opt for the cards above.
6th. More card draw
- Garruk's Uprising is a better Colossal Majesty.
- Garruk, Primal Hunter and Return of the Wildspeaker are also all-stars here. I would take Korlessa, Scale Singer and Mirror Box out for them.
7th. Better win conditions
- About this, please check miirym , need recommendations build and the comment I made on that page. You have plenty of options in this regard.
4 months ago
ok, I just play against my friend with the dragon deck and I think it might need some more mana producers or cheap fear.
His commander is Atarka, World Render, and here are some cards that I now know are in his deck: Foe-Razer Regent, Furnace Whelp, Rapacious Dragon, Atarka Monument, Frontier Siege, Vandalblast, Sweltering Suns, Talisman of Impulse, Akoum Hellkite, Harbinger of the Hunt, Dream Pillager, Sol Ring, Dragonmaster Outcast, Dragonspeaker Shaman, Savage Ventmaw, Dragonlord's Servant, Tyrant's Familiar, Thunderbreak Regent, and Drakuseth, Maw of Flames.
5 months ago
Deck looks sweet! A couple of wonky things I noticed though:
1) Sivitri, Dragon Master is cool flavor wise, but I have a hard time understanding why she's there when you'd seemingly only use her for her -3 ability. In which case, cards like Eladamri's Call seem way more efficient for you in both mana and situationally.
2) I see none of the cost reduction gobos! Dragonlord's Servant and Dragonspeaker Shaman are crazy useful for early and late game plays. Being able to stack your commander's eminence reduction on top of base mana reduction makes playing everything else in your deck much faster. (Special mention to Rivaz of the Claw for his mana and turbo recursion)
3) What does Sarkhan, Fireblood do for you in most games? It seems like his main practicality is mana with a side gig on looting. I think having a 2 drop mana rock, like Arcane Signet or a mana dork, like Birds of Paradise, in his place might be more efficient for you in the long run, as you can always play them on tempo. Hitting turn 3 double red isn't unheard of, but it's certainly more difficult in a WUBRG deck with almost no rocks.
And lastly, 4) This deck deserves a Counterspell or two!! At least something like Angel's Grace to smack down infinites because as is, you've only got Teferi's Protection and no way to save yourself once it's gone. Ideally, you wouldn't need both but sometimes throwing away your Protection on a board wipe leaves you open to getting swept in the next turn rotation. Either way, I love the theme and style of the deck! Happy
6 months ago
Juicy_J82 thnks alot for the advice!.
been doing test with the lands as you told me , and the deck stills runs nice.
while doing some more test i started thinking about Sakura-Tribe Elder, i end up feeling that i almost never need him and when i do , an Evolving Wild seems better, its 0 mana against two. So i was thinking a replacement for him,Evolving Wild seems good but Seething Song its like a red Dark Ritual, and i can put a dragon for 3 in the 3rd turn. Other option would be more direct damage to remove more enemy creatures.
didnt try Dragonspeaker Shaman yet, i only have two of them, maybe its too low.
6 months ago
This deck seems like it would be fun to play, but I think a couple things could be tweaked. I ran through ten or so practice hands with this deck, and I noticed two things multiple times.
The first was that in almost every game, I was able to drop only one dragon on turn five and another one on turn six. I feel like if you can double drop dragons on those mid game turns, it would give you some more resilience against removal. I'd recommend trying Dragonspeaker Shaman since he is similar to the Servant you already run but the extra cost reduction would make playing two dragons on turn five not only possible, but likely. But he does have in his cost as do many of the dragons in the deck, which leads me to the second thought.
The green in this deck isn't nearly as important as the red, and I think your land count should reflect that since no amount of cost reduction or mana acceleration will make much difference if you can't have access to by about turn five or at least six. I'd recommend 11 Mountain, 5 Forest, 4 Cinder Glade if 20 lands seems to be working for you.
Those are the main suggestions I have--I'm trying to reign myself in before I devolve into suggesting things like Seething Song and Dragonstorm type shenanigans, but then again that's a different deck entirely so that can likely be ignored haha. Enjoy the deck!
8 months ago
Cut your deck down to 60 cards. Your current list is 78, which is waay over this, and will lead to your deck being much less consistent, and much weaker overall.
You’re also playing waaay too many cards as 1-ofs/2-ofs, which will further lead to an inconsistent and weaker deck. Most decks should be aiming for the vast majority of their cards to be playsets (4-ofs).
Your mana curve looks waay too steep to me. I know you have some ramp, and have the ability to cheat creatures into play, but i’m still really skeptical of this mana curve. With 1/3rd of your deck costing 4-or-more mana, I get the feeling this is going to play really slowly/clumsily.
your sideboard doesn’t appear to be doing a lot - most of these cards look like things you couldn’t justify putting in the main deck. A sideboard is intended to help your deck battle against its bad matchups - i think you need to re-address what you’re doing there.
8 months ago
Not sure if your only wanting dragon type creatures but Dragonspeaker Shaman & Dragonlord's Servant are great dragon decreases, same as your urza’s incubabtor. Or Dragon Arch to play the multi-coloured dragons even cheaper.
Also Kindred Summons I find is great when building a high CMC tribal deck