Return of the Wildspeaker
Choose one —
- Draw cards equal to the greatest power among non-Human creatures you control.
- Non-Human creatures you control get +3/+3 until end of turn.
|Have (2)||, abritt|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Return of the Wildspeaker Discussion
3 hours ago
Most recent updates... 17 October 2021
Out Eidolon of Blossoms , Mesa Enchantress , Austere Command , Return to Dust , Selesnya Cluestone , Helm of the Host , Ajani Unyielding and Ajani, Mentor of Heroes. Lands Gavony Township , Turntimber Grove and Sandstone Bridge .
In Sythis, Harvest's Hand , Starfield Mystic , Garruk's Uprising , Seal of Primordium , Rishkar's Expertise , Vanquish the Horde , Return of the Wildspeaker , Talisman of Unity , Branchloft Pathway Flip , Arctic Flats , Overgrown Farmland.
1 day ago
Hey, nice version with a very low budget.
Some budget changes to consider:
- Sol Ring --> Rampant Elephant
- Valakut Exploration --> 1x Mountain
- Garruk's Uprising --> Thicket Crasher
- Greater Good --> Silverglade Elemental
- Garruk's Packleader --> Zendikar Incarnate
- Return of the Wildspeaker --> Keeper of Fables
- Druid Class --> 1x Mountain
- Seer's Sundial --> Natural Connection
- Fires of Yavimaya --> Elvish Rejuvenator
- Regrowth --> 1x Mountain
- Dryad's Revival --> 1x Mountain
- Beast Within --> Natural Reclamation
- Klauth's Will --> Savage Twister
- Command Tower --> 1x Forest
- Cinder Glade --> 1x Forest
Rampant Elephant is a white card which can't be played when green/red Omnath is your Commander. The majority of these suggestions are good repeatable draw sources. I think you can afford to cut a few lands for some lower CMC spells. 46 lands is still a lot.
If interested I offer more advice. Good luck with your deck.
4 days ago
I've made some changes in the deck. In came:
- Beast Within for Banewhip Punisher - it's usually non-creatures that are the real threat
- Craterhoof Behemoth for Serrated Biskelion - because games gotta end
- Woodfall Primus for Unearth - because I ran too few removal
- Natural Order for Profane Tutor - for Craterhoof or Woodfall
- Return of the Wildspeaker for Overrun - better manacost + optional card draw
Now I agree with Gidgetimer in not removing those ramp spells. But despite I went from my average CMC of 2.82 to 3.02, I don't really see a reason why to play more than 10 ramp spells, because the majority of cards in the deck is extremely cheap.
I will not add the Mike/Trike combo - I've once played in another deck and to be honest I don't like that combo too much.
I'm still thinking to add that perfectly timed Song of Freyalise and that Cauldron of Souls as that means a new snake for each dying snake, right? I want all my opponents to quote Samuel each time I play this deck :D
Thanks again guys for your help!
1 week ago
Some budget cards to consider adding:
Druids' Repository: each time a creature you control attacks you put a counter. At your post combat main phase you can then remove counters to make mana to cast the cards you drew from your creatures doing combat damage to opponents. You can remove counters at any point of the game to make mana.
Champion of Lambholt: makes creatures you control unblockable and it triggers whenever a token creature is created. Pair her with Howlpack Alpha, Tovolar's Packleader Flip, Cult of the Waxing Moon, Wolfcaller's Howl, etc.
Wolfcaller's Howl: in multiplayer Commander this can be a repeatable source of a lot of Wolves for no extra mana cost. It can be quick repeatable recovery from board wipes.
- Regrowth and Dryad's Revival: any card recursion.
- Fires of Yavimaya: haste enabler, even for token creatures, needed to combo with Packleader and Breath.
Some cards to consider cutting:
- Arlinn, Voice of the Pack: compare her to Tovolar's Huntmaster Flip for a budget six drop who creates Wolves and she's really lackluster.
- Burly Breaker Flip: vanilla five drop Werewolf.
- Somberwald Alpha: subpar four drop Wolf, you have better trample enablers.
- Fangblade Brigand Flip: subpar four drop Werewolf.
- Moonrager's Slash
- Waxing Moon
- Door of Destinies: expensive price, too slow, not needed because you have Coat of Arms.
Some budget land upgrades to consider:
- Unclaimed Territory --> Gruul Guildgate
- Tyrite Sanctum --> 1x Forest
- Jund Panorama --> 1x Forest
- Naya Panorama --> 1x Forest
Good luck with your deck.
1 week ago
Manaweft Sliver is another two drop mana Sliver. Shifting Sliver makes all your Slivers unblockable. Venom Sliver gives all deathtouch. These three Slivers could replace three of the higher CMC Slivers that have redundant effects. Blasphemous Act wrecks your opponents with Hivelord as Commander.
- Sol Ring --> Universal Automaton
- Manaweft Sliver --> Groundshaker Sliver
- Shifting Sliver --> First Sliver's Chosen
- Venom Sliver --> Fury Sliver
- Blasphemous Act --> Lymph Sliver
Consider more draw?
- Reconnaissance Mission
- Elemental Bond: if you control an anthem effect, that effect counts to increase the power of a Silver who ETB. Many Slivers only need one anthem effect to have 3 power.
- Return of the Wildspeaker
- Pact of the Serpent
- Distant Melody
- Painful Truths
Consider cutting a few of the lesser Slivers for more draw?
- Reconnaissance Mission --> Fungus Sliver
- Wild Pair --> Watcher Sliver
- Pyre of Heroes --> Talon Sliver
- Elemental Bond --> Steelform Sliver
- Return of the Wildspeaker --> Evolution Charm
- Cinder Glade --> Sheltered Thicket
- Canopy Vista --> Blossoming Sands
- Sunken Hollow --> Temple of Mystery
- Prairie Stream --> Wind-Scarred Crag
- Smoldering Marsh --> Canyon Slough
Good luck with your deck.
2 weeks ago
My main problem with the whole card draw topic is that white is the only color that can't do it. "But white isn't supposed to--", right, I get that.... but it's the ONLY color that can't. Blue can draw cards every turn from various means. Black can draw stupid amounts of cards in short bursts dependent on paying life or sacrificing creatures (Vilis, Broker of Blood, God-Eternal Bontu). Red can use rituals and treasures etc to make use of some "Exile cards from the top of your library" effect alongside it's plentiful discard and draw effects. Green can outdraw literally every other color with ETB triggers (Elemental Bond etc), cast triggers (Beast Whisperer etc), and the stupidity that is power triggers (Return of the Wildspeaker etc.) White is the only color that can't do it. It would be a different argument if, say, green or black lacked its draw power. It needs something. I understand that it "Doesn't want to" but it needs... something. The custom cards up top are a good way to fix that, though I doubt they'd ever print something like them.
2 weeks ago
- Sandwurm Convergence
- Harvest Season
- Return of the Wildspeaker
- Pause for Reflection
- Shamanic Revelation
- Toothy, Imaginary Friend
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal
- Migration Path
- Kodama's Reach
- Esika's Chariot
- Giant Adephage
- Aeve, Progenitor Ooze
- Amphin Mutineer
- Cackling Counterpart
- Stolen Identity
- Littjara Mirrorlake
- Minion Reflector
3 weeks ago
Played a bunch today and here is results of changes.
- -1 Apex Devastator to sideboard, moved to sideboard to swap out with blightsteel/eldrazi for newer players
- -1 Temur Sabertooth, removed due to the amount of cardraw available. I feel I would rather draw than bounce.
- +1 Blightsteel Colossus to maindeck, Blightsteel is a counter to my local playgroup. We've got a lifegain deck and one deck running Pariah and Pariah's Shield. Along with Akroma's Memorial and Finale of Devastation this is my nuclear option.
- +1 Bala Ged Sanctuary Flip, land and recurrence is very valuable.
- +1 Mirrorpool, ehh fine seems ok to drop a copy of a big creature that does something,, what's the worst that can happen? :)
- -1 Mana Crypt to maybeboard, don't have one is the only reason. If I can get one,, maybe?
- +1 Jeweled Lotus, replacement for mana crypt... Now let me tell you,, jeweled -> azusa --> lotus cobra --> two fetches --> Tooth and nail.. That was a quick game!
- +1 Maze of Ith, This is at tech, really aggressive in my area! There are some cases it's death to not have an air blocker!
- +1 Petrified Field, Testing it at this time, not sure how to abuse it yet
- +1 Momentous Fall, Does not feel as bad as I initially thought. Use this defensively often times.
- +1 Cryptic Caves, niche card testing it out. Turns your crucibles into three draw for 3 mana + land drops.. 3 mana draw 3 cards... seems decent
- +1 Thespian's Stage, what does it do? answer: yes
- -1 Beast Whisperer, I have enough creatures, but the costs are too high
- +1 Zendikar Resurgent, replacement for beast whisperer, has the potential to double mana while going off
- -1 Guardian Project, same problem as beast whisperer
- +1 Return of the Wildspeaker, another large draw effect to combo off of to replace guardian
- +1 Inkmoth Nexus, bad habits die hard, keeping one in deck for "that guy" at the table.
- -1 Field of the Dead -> maybeboard, only reason I'm taking it out is I don't own it. Dropping it into maybe board
- Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger is here to stay. When you go off with a large draw dropping him is amazing. He will give you enough mana to combo off and finish on the stop at times. He's also a good target for Natural Order.
- After drawing 10 cards and drawing into Rude Awakening,, it has a new place in my heart, seems to be a keeper
- Once I hit 25 basics, I think I can just win the game. The amount of basics should stick between 24-26 and 45 lands in total to facilitate the engines. If we're slightly under half I think we're good.
- Kodama of the East Tree was potentially good enough to combo off a large draw with vorin, need to test this more!
Thinking of Cutting:
- Beacon of Creation --> , requires more testing due to new landbase
Why the sideboard was added:
- Core creatures for swapping on the sideboard are Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth, Kozilek, the Great Distortion, Blightsteel Colossus, and Craterhoof Behemoth.
- Each of these creatures fills a different role. voice of hunger is a creature to combo off with on a large draw or to slow down my opponents. Butcher of truth fills your hand then wins by sacing against a single opponent or threating multiple attack if they don't sac a specific permanent (politics yeeehhh). Blightsteel teaches people that lifegain decks don't work against green edh.... craterhoof teaches people that lifegain deck's don't work against green in edh (AZUSA SMASH!!)... please stop playing lifegain decks in edh... Great Distortion draws and controls the game if your ahead.
If I'm playing against my friends then these are great. If we're trying to include someone I will swap them out for cards in the sideboard and leave in a couple.