|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Shadows over Innistrad (SOI)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
As Game Trail enters the battlefield, you may reveal a Mountain or Forest card from your hand. If you don't Game Trail enters the battlefield tapped.
: Add or to your mana pool.
Game Trail Discussion
17 hours ago
Terra Stomper is one of my favorite/cheapest/hardest to remove beaters. Slaughter Games just isn’t worth running black for. In it's place I’d put a 4 of Rancor I’d put in Game Trail over highland. I’d add 3 forests and a mountain in place of barrons.
1 week ago
First and foremost, here are some suggestions for improving your manabase: Rootbound Crag , Blighted Woodland , Kazandu Refuge , Haven of the Spirit Dragon , Gruul Guildgate , Rugged Highlands , Command Tower , Temple of Abandon , Sheltered Thicket , Cinder Glade , Game Trail , and Kessig Wolf Run . I know that's a lot of cards just dedicated to mana, but I think the Haven and Kessig will pull both surely pull their weight.
Rishkar's Expertise generates great card advantage while you control a big dragon. Harmonize is another strong draw spell in green. Cultivate and Kodama's Reach are cards just like Nissa's Pilgrimage , and they help you accelerate your game.
Finally, Dragonstorm is a fun card that allows you to find whatever dragon you might want/need. It's nowhere near as good as Tooth and Nail , but it is a fun and more budget-friendly option for the time being.
2 weeks ago
Hey, saw your forum topic asking for help. Welcome to TappedOut :)
This is very low budget deck, less than $30, therefore all my card suggestions will be $1 or less. There's several budget cards that can replace current cards here. I'll first list all card suggestions for you to consider and then explain.
Cards to consider adding:
For your overall deck:
- Command Tower
- Haven of the Spirit Dragon
- Game Trail
- Dragon Tempest
- Dragon's Hoard
- Talisman of Impulse
- Prismatic Lens
- Mind Stone
- Dragonlord's Servant
- Lathliss, Dragon Queen
- Scourge of Valkas
- Sarkhan's Triumph
- Signal the Clans
- Fierce Empath
- Kodama's Reach
- Elemental Bond
- Creeping Renaissance
For against Goblins:
- Circle of Flame
- AEther Flash
- Sweltering Suns
- Mizzium Mortars
The card suggestions for your overall deck are cards that can help in all matchups not just against your Goblin opponent. Command Tower and Haven of the Spirit Dragon are Rainbow lands they can make mana of any color (red or green) to cast Dragons. Tower is one of the best lands for multicolor decks in all of Commander. Mana it makes can be used to cast any spell.
Dragon Tempest and Dragon's Hoard are excellent Dragon tribal cards. Tempest giving haste to Dragons as well as a source of damage to a target opponent or creature whenever a Dragon comes into play is very strong. Haste with big powerful Dragons makes them much more threatening to your opponents especially when they get double strike from Atarka. Hoard is a Rainbow mana rock, it can make any color of mana to cast any spell. This is great and another reason it's good is it can be a source of repeatable draw because of Dragons. You put a counter on it when a Dragon ETB (enters the battlefield); can then remove a counter to draw a card.
Talisman of Impulse , Prismatic Lens and Mind Stone are two drop mana rocks. Early game mana rocks and land ramp spells ( Cultivate , Kodama's Reach , Nissa's Pilgrimage ) are cards you want with Dragons. You need early game plays and ramp is the best thing you can do since the faster you can play your big Dragons the more pressure you put on your opponents and the faster you can kill your opponents. Adding more ramp is a good way to beat your Goblin opponent because if you land a big Dragon faster than normal then Goblins will have a hard time dealing with it.
Lathliss, Dragon Queen and Scourge of Valkas are two very good budget Dragons because they give you more value when you play more Dragons, they are also excellent when both are on the battlefield. Lathliss creates Dragon tokens and Scourge does damage to target opponent or creature whenever a Dragon ETB. When a Dragon token is created this means it ETB. The token will trigger abilities of cards like Scourge, Tempest, Hoard, Elemental Bond , etc. Glorybringer is a powerful five drop budget Dragon who can be a repeatable single source of 4 damage to target nonDragon creatures. He's a repeatable way to kill Krenko.
Sarkhan's Triumph and Signal the Clans are budget instant creature tutors to search your library for a specific Dragon such as Lathliss or Steel Hellkite and it put into your hand. Harmonize is good draw for four mana and Elemental Bond can be repeatable draw when Dragons ETB. Magmaquake is an instant creature board wipe that doesn't hurt your Dragons, best of all it can kill all Planeswalkers if you put enough mana into it.
Against your Goblin opponent you want repeatable damage effects. Circle of Flame and AEther Flash do this; Circle prevents your opponent from attacking with 1/1 creatures because any 1/1 creature who attacks will die. Flash does 2 damage to each creature including your own creatures when they ETB. Doing 2 damage to Dragons doesn't kill them, but doing 2 damage to every Goblin that ETB can prevent your opponent from even playing Goblins.
The number one target to kill against Goblins is the Commander Krenko, Mob Boss because his ability can keep making Goblin tokens and this can get out of hand pretty fast. When Krenko dies he goes to the Command Zone, but this can delay your opponent long enough for you to stabilize with a Dragon or two. Incinerate and Mizzium Mortars ; you want a few more low mana cost targeted removal spells that can do 3 or more damage just to be able to kill Krenko. Mortars is unique because for six mana it can instead do 4 damage to just all your opponents creatures.
Early game board wipes are also good against Goblins. Pyroclasm , Sweltering Suns and Slagstorm are budget board wipes that can be cast turn two, three or four which can cripple your Goblin opponent. Sweltering and Slagstorm do 3 damage to all creatures this means they will more times than not kill Krenko since he has 3 toughness, but your Dragons will be fine since most have more than 3 toughness.
If you like some of these card suggestions I can help you to make cuts.
Good luck with your deck.
3 weeks ago
Trying to push as close to all-permanents as I can get, and build upon the light Aristocrats theme.
3 months ago
Il tuo mazzo necessita di un buon pacchetto di removal per far morire quante più creature possibili, in modo da rendere Kresh grosso, ed allo stesso tempo ti servono cose che diano evasion a kresh per fare in modo che riesca a colpire. Farò suggerimenti su cambi funzionali e cambi di budget, sia in più economico che in più costoso.
- Anger -> Fires of Yavimaya perché costano di meno in mana, soldi e sono più affidabili (senza contare quel +2/+2 che può sempre tornare utile). Sulla stessa linea c'è Fervor, Mass Hysteria e Concordant Crossroads (quest'ultima balza, but still).
- Wood Elves -> Diligent Farmhand perché gli elfi in un mazzo tre colori possono essere un fattore limitante. Il secondo ti prende qualsiasi terra.
- Farhaven Elf -> Kodama's Reach perché è più forte, per lo stesso mana. La differenza è non avere poi una creatura in campo da eventualmente sacrificare.
- Ghave, Guru of Spores -> Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest devi metterlo assolutamente. Punto.
- Golgari Findbroker -> Plaguecrafter perché 1/5 del tuo mazzo è costituito di carte non permanent. Va benissimo la cosa, ma rende meno utile lui.
- Omnath, Locus of Rage -> Slum Reaper/Barter in Blood perché hai bisogno di effetti che facciano sacrificare e conseguentemente crescere Kresh.
- Shriekmaw -> Ravenous Chupacabra perché non ha le limitazioni del primo. Non ha evoke, ma in teoria non dovresti aver bisogno di evoke per poter sacrificare le tue creature.
- Terastodon -> Mitotic Slime perché Kresh cresce se muoiono creature, mentre il Terastodon distrugge permanenti non creatura. In più, ti serve avere delle cose da sacrificare che non siano Kresh.
- Wasitora, Nekoru Queen -> Creakwood Liege/ perché è più affidabile e da +2/+2 a Kresh. Anche Sylvan Offering/Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder sono interessanti. Hai bisogno di tanti token da poter sacrificare.
- Yavimaya Elder -> Smothering Abomination/Deathreap Ritual/Dragon Appeasement/Fecundity sono più forti per pescare. Anche perché l'anziano non rampa, bensì ti mette solo due terre base in mano.
- Rakdos Charm non fa nulla di utile, a parte eventualmente spaccare un artefatto, ma per quello è meglio Shattering Spree oppure Vandalblast. Se vuoi esiliare i cimiteri c'è Bojuka Bog.
Attrition -> Dictate of Erebos/Grave Pact costano uguale in soldi, ma li valgono tutti, a differenza di Attrition. Darksteel Axe -> Darksteel Plate sempre di qualità darksteel, ma meglio. Se ti piace indestructible, potrebe piacerti anche Shield of Kaldra e Hammer of Nazahn.
Valuta di trovare un posto per carte che diano colpo sicuro a Kresh, come:
Valuta di inserire qualche sacrifice outlet come (nella sezione terre ce ne sono altre molto forti):
Nella sezione terre ti consiglio:
- Golgari Rot Farm -> Tainted Peak perché le karoo fanno schifo e le tainted sono fortissime.
- Golgari Guildgate -> Mosswort Bridge senza discussioni, il gate è lento e tu hai tanto ramp, quindi ti servono terre base. Trova un posto anche per Spinerock Knoll.
- Ti consiglio assolutamente di mettere o almeno valutare:
- Myriad Landscape e Blighted Woodland come ramp.
- Cinder Glade/Smoldering Marsh/Canyon Slough/Sheltered Thicket (che possono essere prese da Jund Panorama, ad esempio).
- Foreboding Ruins e Game Trail (che entrano entrambe stappate se in mano hai una Misty Eye of the Mountain below)
- Flamekin Village ed Hanweir Battlements per dare haste a Kresh.
- Grim Backwoods/High Market/Keldon Necropolis sono sacrifice outlet sulle terre (praticamente indistruttibili).
- Kessig Wolf Run, Skarrg, the Rage Pits, Khalni Garden possono tornare utili.
Se con queste sostituzioni nella mana base finisci per avere più di quattro terre che producono , valuta di inserire al posto di una creatura ramp la Chromatic Lantern, che è stata ristampata da poco ed è scesa.
3 months ago
This deck looks really fun.
4 months ago
another thing you could do to make the deck better is cleaning up the manabase! you should run 10 of each basic and replace some of the forests you have with cheap split lands! some good budget split lands under $5 are
Cinder Glade - $3
Game Trail - $1.12
Highland Weald -$.28 (Very not good but very budget)
Karplusan Forest - been reprinted 1000 times you can find a old one for like $2
Mossfire Valley -$5
Rootbound Crag -$3.45
Shivan Oasis -$.20 (Very not good but very budget)
Spire Garden -$5.42
Fungal Reaches, Gruul Guildgate, Timber Gorge are very not good even on a budget, i would recommend cutting these for any of these upgrades after evening out the manabase. I like all of the utility lands you put in though they are very fun!
5 months ago
Thanks for the feedback clayperce!
- I've actually looked into adding one of the Sarkhan planeswalkers to the deck since he's a bit of a dragon manic. But I'm currently looking at Sarkhan, Dragonsoul from the M19 planeswalker decks. It feels better to buy a complete deck with a planeswalker in it than buying a single card for the same price.
- Taurean Mauler looks amazing and I'm definitely going to replace Dragon Egg with it. Since Taurean Mauler is every creature type should it still trigger Dragon Tempest and benefit from Dragonlord's Servant right?
- I've looked over these lands in the past but I've refrained from adding them to the deck due to their price tag. I actually have a private "deck/card list" here on Tappedout that contains cards I've looked at in the past and liked, but not added to a deck for one reason or another and the lands you suggested are saved in that list. Although Game Trail wasn't that expensive so I'll consider adding a few of those. Temple of Abandon would probably be better than Timber Gorge if nothing else.
- I've been meaning to add some kind of legendary dragon to the deck but like you say I'm not sure either what I would take out. Although I think I would prefer Lathliss, Dragon Queen over Verix Bladewing as it would combo nicely with my favourite, Archwing Dragon.
Thanks again for the feedback and suggestions!
Game Trail occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.04%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.04%
RG (Gruul): 0.74%
RGW (Naya): 0.09%