|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Shadows over Innistrad (SOI)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
As Game Trail enters the battlefield, you may reveal a Mountain or Forest card from your hand. If you don't Game Trail enters the battlefield tapped.
: Add or to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (33)||tragic_slip , unnaturalelementals , Lindough , DrPopular , TehDelta , joshw335 , Vergil_Redgrail , thetechzombie , ecurps , GoldGhost012 , voidruby , Justinaut , bakunet , sneferie , Zhorus_The_Bauqret , Mousemke , jstn.mrrtt , NCN946 , AllDayTayTay , elemental55 , Va1mar , teslacoil7992 , saj0219 , RobbyFoxfur , lorddarkstar , Xz0mb13x91 , bfarber91 , Unlife , DudeMan1031 , Mortiferus_Rosa , Venser_the_Sojoner , jtfran02 , Famicomania|
|Want (30)||Keno , reaconranger09 , Bish0p , Turtlelover73 , linejumpr , CaptianClueless , Pelli , raithe000 , Caldazar , flipdipple , wickedassassin , Clawsun73 , mango_channel , DarkStarStorm , Moonling , roastchicken , Talonisnthavingit , bigblue32123 , absciss , SirSharkington , cybertop , NobleSlay3r , afeuling , MeteoricChimera , Silas1004 , Jspeed , oswrick , mistarilledawn , cornonjacob , HateInclination|
Game Trail Discussion
4 weeks ago
Thanks for the feedback clayperce!
- I've actually looked into adding one of the Sarkhan planeswalkers to the deck since he's a bit of a dragon manic. But I'm currently looking at Sarkhan, Dragonsoul from the M19 planeswalker decks. It feels better to buy a complete deck with a planeswalker in it than buying a single card for the same price.
- Taurean Mauler looks amazing and I'm definitely going to replace Dragon Egg with it. Since Taurean Mauler is every creature type should it still trigger Dragon Tempest and benefit from Dragonlord's Servant right?
- I've looked over these lands in the past but I've refrained from adding them to the deck due to their price tag. I actually have a private "deck/card list" here on Tappedout that contains cards I've looked at in the past and liked, but not added to a deck for one reason or another and the lands you suggested are saved in that list. Although Game Trail wasn't that expensive so I'll consider adding a few of those. Temple of Abandon would probably be better than Timber Gorge if nothing else.
- I've been meaning to add some kind of legendary dragon to the deck but like you say I'm not sure either what I would take out. Although I think I would prefer Lathliss, Dragon Queen over Verix Bladewing as it would combo nicely with my favourite, Archwing Dragon.
Thanks again for the feedback and suggestions!
1 month ago
This deck looks really fun! A few quick thoughts:
- It'll wreck your budget, but Sarkhan, Fireblood is really good.
- IMO, Taurean Mauler is the best 3-drop Dragon in Modern.
- Since Evolving Wilds and Timber Gorge always enter tapped, they're pretty meh. If budget allows, upgrading to Game Trail or Karplusan Forest would make the deck run much more smoothly. Cinder Glade isn't as good, but would still be better than Wilds or Gorge. Alternately, you could save for January, when Ravnica Allegiance comes out with a (much less expensive) Stomping Ground reprint.
- Have you looked at Verix Bladewing? Not sure what I'd take out for them, but I like them in a Dragon Tempest deck, because the Kicker cost acts as "mana-flooded insurance".
Good luck (and good skill) with the deck!
1 month ago
This looks really fun but I have two big recommendations:
- With an Average CMC (as I type this) of 2.36, you need 23 Lands (source: the table at the bottom of this article by Hall-of-Famer Frank Karsten). Your 4x SSGs count for ~1/4 of a Land each, but you'll still need to find room for a few more. I know it feelsbad to cut Creatures or Spells for Lands, but give it a try ... I think you'll be amazed at how much more smoothly the deck runs.
- The deck will also run much more smoothly with different Dual Lands. Cinder Glades are especially meh here, since they enter tapped in he early turns when we need them most. And Game Trails aren't much better. If your budget allows, Wooded Foothills and Stomping Ground (reprints coming in Ravnica Allegiance, so prices will drop in late 2018/early 2019) are by far the best, but less expensive options include Copperline Gorge, Karplusan Forest, and maybe even Gemstone Mine.
Good luck with the deck; draw well!
1 month ago
Lets have a look at some possible additions: Savage Ventmaw would be good as you can haste it then get 3 and 3 the same turn, allowing you to cast more.
Hydra Omnivore For those bigger games, and his a big boy.
Etali, Primal Storm For those same cast turn swings that should get you some nice stuff.
Ruric Thar, the Unbowed would be amazing, more so if you're looking at going creature focused.
Hellkite Tyrant for steeling all the artifacts and a long drawn wincon (Vs artifact decks).
Mina and Denn, Wildborn should replace on of your elves.
Blightsteel Colossus is also a big wincon for you.
That's it for creatures for now.
Chaos Warp its an important card in red, its removal of used for keeping your own things safe. This is a fantastic instant for you.
Blasphemous Act is an amazing removal card you should add.
And Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx is highly recommended.
OH! don't forget Ghalta, Primal Hunger
1 month ago
2 months ago
I would go with a red green efficiency build. Here’s just an idea of a list.
It’s a simple strategy, play creatures when you shouldn’t and get triggers off of Sarkhan's Unsealing, Rhonas's Monument and Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma. Play fast and play bombs. The Sideboard is a little shakey and you can probley do better than I could.
3 months ago
Good ideas. I plan to incorporate Game Trail and am mulling over your other suggestions. Thanks for the advice and +1.
3 months ago
redbird97 Cruel control refers to Cruel Ultimatum decks, although I catch your drift. +1
4 Vraska's Contempt seems a bit excessive. I would drop 2 and add 2 Terminate. Also, Foreboding Ruins or Game Trail seem better over Highland Weald