Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth
Each land is a Forest in addition to its other land types.
4 days ago
1 month ago
We don’t have any early accelerator cards left in the format beyond Chancellor of the Tangle and Gemstone Caverns (which both weaken consistency at the cost of explosiveness, completely balanced). A 2 cmc card that only punishes fetches and cards like that wouldn’t be too broken.
Also, people could adjust away from fetches if they saw the card too much, but like I said that makes Blood Moon more powerful. The problem with fetches is they can fetch basics against the hate, basically blanking it in most cases.
This would allow them to still play fetches, but they wouldn’t be able to produce mana with them without some type of Prismatic Omen, Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, or Dryad of the Ilysian Grove effect.
There’s enough ways to work around (or remove) such an effect, but attacking greedy manabases from multiple fronts is something I think we need.
1 month ago
Oh, thanks I didn’t even come across that card during the building process. That’s a tough one. On the upside, it’s another 4 ways to guarantee we get forestwalk active, and it’s exponentially cheaper than Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth. But the downside is pretty major-you’re giving the opponent a guaranteed dual land no matter what color(s) they’re playing. I may be better off with just the Lush Growth if I was going to substitute anything, but I’ll have to give this some time to weigh things. I’ll maybeboard it for now. Thanks for the suggestion!
2 months ago
I don't see the problem with this deck. Not at all. However, I have some suggestions to make it even more "fun" for Kevin:
- The Filth and Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth combo seems like a fun addition. Not only do I recommend Urborg (and, for that matter, Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth in general for decks, but this one means your creatures won't be getting blocked. (Good luck to your opponents!)
- For more things that bring friends with them, you could also think about Junji, the Midnight Sky and Priest of Fell Rites as other reanimators; I get good mileage out of them. Athreos, God of Passage is a sacrifice pay-off I've found to be quite noxious for some people to deal with, and I also quite like Yawgmoth, Thran Physician as a sacrifice outlet.
- Yosei, the Morning Star, Archon of Cruelty, Archfiend of Despair, Questing Beast, The Gitrog Monster, Thalia and The Gitrog Monster, and Kogla, the Titan Ape are nice payoff creatures I recommend. Drana and Linvala and Linvala, Keeper of Silence can also be supremely annoying for your opponents to try to deal with, which is also why I highly recommend them.
- Sylvan Library would combo extremely well with Underrealm Lich and Abundance, but it can be an expensive card cost-wise.
- If you do find your mana ramping to quite high totals, Genesis Wave is well worth considering.
- In decks like this, I still don't feel comfortable without some pinpoint removal tools. My favorites are Vindicate, Anguished Unmaking, Assassin's Trophy, and Swords to Plowshares, but this can be also dependent on your playgroup. I might also recommend the typical suite of tutors (for you, Enlightened Tutor, Worldly Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, Diabolic Intent, and Expedition Map would be at the top of my list), but that's maybe less important.
- Field of the Dead is a close-to-auto-include for me in a deck like this, but don't get it just for this.
3 months ago
adding at least one Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth will help with the pain
3 months ago
For hard Ramp, I tend to keep it very, very laid back! I never spend more than 2 Mana on Ramp, unless it's something with undeniable utility for the build (like Chromatic Lantern!).
All of the 3+ Ramp spells like Cultivate & Kodama's Reach tend to be outclassed by the 2-drops Farseek, Nature's Lore & Three Visits. Rocks - especially when spread between 4 colors like this particular Commander is - also tend to work wonders. Stuff like Arcane Signet & Sol Ring. Outside of 2-drop Ramp & Rocks, you should only need some Mana Dorks, which are mostly 1-drops except ones like Bloom Tender.
Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth & Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth are also worth consideration! A solid Land base will take you pretty far. I tend to do my Lands after I establish the rest of the list, though. That way you can do some math & dial in on your colored mana needs.
3 months ago
4 months ago
Profet93 Yes! I was actually looking for a cheap Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth for a while now, especially when someone uses Void Mirror in our LGS. Field of the Dead is nice but with the amount of ramp I have, I often find myself closing out games around turn 7-9. Also, flavor wise, zombies just aren't for me.