Kessig Wolf Run
: Gain .
[[symbol:X], : Target creature gets +X/+0 and gains trample until end of turn.
|Have (2)||metalmagic , kpral|
|Want (3)||ivaggione , TheSeagull , manperson000|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Kessig Wolf Run occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Kessig Wolf Run Discussion
1 month ago
Hey, consider Eldrazi Displacer with Ghired? Repeatable blink at instant speed, more Rhino tokens, protects Ghired in combat after he attacks, can tap down an opponent's blocker or remove an attacker, can protect Ghired from targeted removal, blink another creature who has an ETB trigger, etc. You will have to build the manabase around and use mana rocks for colorless mana sources for Displacer, but in my opinion it's worth it because you're not adding bad cards just for Displacer. Crop Rotation is helpful to tutor for a land that can make colorless.
- Sol Ring, Thought Vessel, 3 Talismans
- 3 Pain lands, 3 Filter lands
- Gavony Township, Rogue's Passage, Kessig Wolf Run
- Gargoyle Castle, Naya Panorama
Zealous Conscripts combos with Kiki to attack with infinite Conscript tokens. Quartzwood Crasher and Court of Grace are excellent repeatable token sources. Open the Armory, Idyllic Tutor, Eladamri's Call, Chord of Calling are tutors with prices that are within the budget.
Nature's Lore and Three Visits are two drop land ramp for a Forest dual land. Swords to Plowshares, Beast Within, Heliod's Intervention are helpful instant removal spells. Austere Command is a versatile board wipe.
Eternal Witness is good card recursion especially with Displacer. Feldon of the Third Path can create a token of any creature in your graveyard to then populate that token with Ghired. If you control Ghired Akroma's Will can wreck your opponents with your token army.
If interested I offer more advice in another comment including suggestions of cards to cut. Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
Thanks for the suggestions again Spell_Slam!
I agree with Paleoloth being weak because it was cheap version of Eternal Witness. That does feel like a better swap considering it's less mana and it's any card. Greenwarden of Murasa I dpn't own so i'll have to keep an I out for it. I also own Kessig Wolf Run which I don't know why I didn't think of that it's a perfect mana sink!
Although Predator's Rapport might be narrow for my deck I feel it would be the same as Eternal Witness were both need set up but the sudden life gain I can achieve with Predator's Rapport is far greater than Shamanic Revelation. Sense it's gain life equal to that creature's power plus its toughness, any card that is 8/8 will actually gain me 16/16 health and it really shines if no one kills Hamletback Goliath. I originally had Shamanic Revelation in here but swapped it out for Life's Legacy which has had better out comes.
I didn't know Skyshroud Claim was a ramp card! That easily far better that what I have. I've never consider putting two mana ramp cards in here because I always figure getting two lands is better than one.
1 month ago
If you need some ideas for cuts or swaps, I also have a few suggestions.
Ranger's Path should definitely be Skyshroud Claim instead. The card is way better. I would replace Peregrination as well. You could be running just about any 2 mana ramp spell and be better off.
Dragon Throne of Tarkir is also pretty bad. It costs too much to play and equip and is easily destroyed (not to mention the equipped creature can't attack). I would cut that altogether, as it seems you have enough finishers already.
Paleoloth seems pretty weak as well, since it has a sub-par body for the cost and requires additional big guys to do anything. You could be using Eternal Witness or Greenwarden of Murasa for more efficient recursion (they also get back more than just creatures).
Predator's Rapport also seems pretty narrow for your deck. Shamanic Revelation will easily gain you 16+ life on a reasonable board and draw you tons of cards as well.
Kessig Wolf Run seems like a really good fit for your deck and gives you an awesome mana sink. Bonus points for synergy with Xenagos.
2 months ago
Thanks for sharing your list on the Facebook post.
I can see a lot of cards that I also played in my Uril deck,
I run a lot more additional ramp in my deck. In fact I found making use of land auras like Fertile Ground help with my draw capabilities due to my enchantress effects. Cultivate alone isn’t enough. Add Kodama's Reach, Nature's Lore, and Three Visits. Since you want to drop big auras like the Eldrazi aura, you should consider Academy Rector to cheat out one of those big auras.
You should consider adding the enchantress package:
Spot removal is important and Uril has access to Contested Cliffs. Hall of Heliod's Generosity is a great utility land to recur those lost auras. Kessig Wolf Run and Yavimaya Hollow are another great utility land.
Don’t just pick the auras that make Uril big. Pick good utility and evasion tactics like flying, trample, protection.
I don’t like Spectra Ward because once it’s on you can’t add more auras. There are plenty of pro creature auras that are cheaper cmc, and Uril doesn’t really need pro color because of the hexproof.
I hope this helps. Look over my build and maybe that’ll give some more ideas.
2 months ago
Te sugiero estos cambios que no son caros:
- Farhaven Elf > Quirion Trailblazer
- Yavimaya Dryad > Yavimaya Granger
- Kessig Wolf Run > Skarrg, the Rage Pits
- Bonders' Enclave > Arch of Orazca
Además, creo que le puedes hacer espacio a las siguientes cosas, también baratas:
- Rhythm of the Wild, porque asegurar que entren tus bichos y además la posibilidad de prisa es util.
- Cindervines, necesitas romper esas Propagandas que van a molestarte.
- Putrefax, porque con Xenagos, God of Revels puede matar a un oponente de un solo golpe.
- Regal Force, para recargar gasolina.
- Beast Whisperer, igual que la anterior.
- Decimator of the Provinces o End-Raze Forerunners, alternativas baratas de Craterhoof Behemoth, para terminar juegos.
- Nikya of the Old Ways, porque ya casi juegas puros bichos.
Por ultimo, Fiery Emancipation está un poco más cara, pero recibir 18 daños por lanzar un hechizo si que le llega duro a los mazos control. Igual esta puede ser también Gratuitous Violence o incluso Torbran, Thane of Red Fell, aunque creo que Emancipation vale lo que cuesta.
2 months ago
My advice is consider cutting a few land ramp spells and adding some repeatable draw sources such as Valakut Exploration, Garruk's Uprising and Tireless Tracker. Exploration uses landfall to play cards from the top of your library including lands. It can also be graveyard fuel for Trove Warden, Sun Titan and Emeria Shepherd. Uprising is an amazing budget card in Commander with creature strategies especially with Omnath, Locus of Rage and Rampaging Baloths since it triggers when a token is created. Tracker, Mystery Booster version, creates clues with landfall and clues can sac to draw.
Crop Rotation can tutor for any land which is nice with Bounce lands, Fetch lands, Kessig Wolf Run and Gavony Township. Emeria Angel and Scute Swarm are build your own army with landfall which is very good with Doubling Season, Felidar Retreat, Township and Beastmaster Ascension.
Cinder Glade and Canopy Vista are some land upgrades for the manabase because they have good interaction with lots of basic lands and they're two different land types. Farseek, Nature's Lore, Grasslands, Mountain Valley can search for one of these dual lands. Krosan Verge and Skyshroud Claim can get both of them. These Battle lands are $2 or less each at TCGPlayer. Exotic Orchard is a budget Rainbow land that's quite good in multiplayer Commander.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Gruul Guildgate
- Selesnya Guildgate
- Boros Guildgate
- 1x Forest
- Awakening of Vitu-Ghazi
- Beanstalk Giant
- Nissa's Renewal
- Far Wanderings
- Circuitous Route
- Rampant Growth
- Retreat to Kazandu
Good luck with your deck.
3 months ago
3 months ago
Hey, good budget version of Omnath. Nice Sylvan Library :)
For around $25 you could make several budget improvements. Some budget staples in Commander for four colors to consider adding:
- Sol Ring: at TCGPlayer it's less than $3.
- Command Tower: it's less than $1.
- Arcane Signet: it's less than $3.
- Exotic Orchard
- Canopy Vista: it's less than $2.
- Cinder Glade: it's less than $1.
- Prairie Stream: it's less than $1.
Some budget cards for landfall to consider adding:
- Zendikar's Roil: repeatable 2/2 Elementals.
- Felidar Retreat: repeatable counters on all creatures you control including Omnath or repeatable 2/2 Cats.
- Risen Reef: can put a land onto the battlefield tapped or any other card into your hand and has good repeatable interaction with Elementals especially Zendikar's Roil and Omnath, Locus of Rage.
- Harrow: search for and put two basic lands onto the battlefield untapped.
- Springbloom Druid: search for and put two basic lands onto the battlefield tapped.
- Llanowar Scout: can play any land from your hand.
- Knight of the Reliquary: repeatable land tutor to search for any land and put it onto the battlefield.
- Growth Spiral
- Simic Growth Chamber
- Gruul Turf
- Selesnya Sanctuary
- Izzet Boilerworks
Land ramp that puts two lands onto the battlefield at the same time to trigger Omnath twice is helpful. Chamber, Turf, Sanctuary and Boilerworks are called Bounce lands and they can give you more chances to have lands in your hand to play to trigger landfall. They can also bounce themselves back to your hand which gives you at least one land drop each turn for landfall.
Omnath can benefit from some mana sinks to be able to consistently use the four mana he makes:
- Kessig Wolf Run: it's less than $1, repeatable trample and pump Omnath's power.
- Gavony Township: it's less than $1, repeatable counters for all creatures you control.
- Rogue's Passage: make Omnath unblockable to do Commander damage.
- Simic Ascendancy: repeatable counters and can be a win condition with counters only needing 20. Has very good interaction with Felidar Retreat and Gavony Township since these put a counter on each creature you control meaning each creature counts as putting one counter on Ascendancy.
- Wargate: Mystery Booster version is less than $2. Tutor for any permanent card and put it onto the battlefield.
If you're interested in these suggestions I offer more advice about cards to cut. Good luck with your deck.