|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Future Sight (FUT)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Legendary Creature — Sliver
All Sliver creatures get +1/+1 for each other Sliver in play.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (4)||Mousemke , mziter501 , Mortiferus_Rosa , xXThormentXx|
|Want (15)||airbournevirus , Straggly , Falco101 , Kurtimus , DeifiedExile , BrownstoneCowboy , Titaniome , McHootz , jmunda , mlouden03 , Shaddaran , Omen124 , Turtlelover73 , doktor_thunder , Tstainbrook|
Sliver Legion Discussion
3 days ago
Hmm...so this is a pet peeve of mine so take it worth a grain of salt but -always make your deck description as detailed as possible. As I'm looking at your deck and what you wrote here my only guess is that your game plan is to swing wide, and swing often. However, your deck doesn't seem to exactly have alot of focus to that end. You include some slivers with parasitic mechanics and/or (in my opinion) don't function well when there is only a "one of":
These Slivers are bad inclusions in an EDH deck because their abilities don't have much direct interaction with the other creatures in your deck. Additionally, when there is only one copy of them out on the battlefield their presence doesn't really make much of an impact - case in point Frenzy Sliver. With only one in play, your Slivers will only deal +1/+0 if they get through. That's it. If you had 4, that changes dramatically to +4/+0 - forcing the opponent to always block if possible. Can you honestly say that there is a situation where you would want to tutor for one of the previously mentioned creatures? Again, this is all my own opinion - but I would cut these Slivers for additional spells or permanents that could support you, but more on that later.
The inclusion of non-slivers is a bad choice given your commander. Overlord is designed to enable you to tutor for whatever answer you need. If that answer isn't a Sliver and is a creature - then what's the point of having Overlord as your commander? Speaking of lack of inclusions - why not have Amoeboid Changeling? It's a Sliver, and it interacts directly with Overlord's 2nd ability enabling you to steal enemy commanders. That's more of a control oriented play, but is a Overlord staple.
I'm starting to think that maybe you should swap out commanders for ether Sliver Hivelord or Sliver Legion. Your deck, as it is currently built seems to support a more aggro playstyle - which is completely viable within Slivers. Including the previously mentioned, I would cut the following cards:
- Reflex Sliver - This is an exceptionally horrible card. Never use this. Ever.
- Spitting Sliver - This is also an awful card.
- Hunter Sliver - This card is only relevant if you have both Striking/Bonescythe Sliver + Venom Sliver OR Sliver Legion on the board.
- Belligerent Sliver - Menace is okay, but the more CMC efficient version is Two-Headed Sliver. Again in my opinion, this is only relevant with Striking/Bonescythe Sliver + Venom Sliver OR Sliver Legion on the board.
Now, what cards do I think you could use?:
- Aphetto Dredging - Another possible (and budget!) option for recursion.
- Shared Animosity - Feels like more of a "win more" card, but it's a one sided aggro Coat of Arms. Worth trying in my book
- Door of Destinies - In tribal, an absolute beast of a card. Definitely worth trying out.
- Herald's Horn - a cheaper Urza's Incubator that lets you Scry. A great include, but if you also have a Urza's Incubator, then why not both?
- Synapse Sliver - if you're going to be attacking alot, why not try and get some cards out of it?
- Blur Sliver - infinitely better than Reflex Sliver. Why would you not choose this over that?
- Magma Sliver - A Sliver that compliments a more aggressive play style. Great for getting past pesky Propagandas and Ghostly Prisons.
- Armageddon - this is only of use to you when you have a "Soft Lock" on the board in the form of Gemhide Sliver and say - Sliver Hivelord + Crystalline Sliver. Losing lands would be a minor setback for you - a major one for your opponents.
- Diabolic Tutor - it's a budget Demonic Tutor. What else can I say?
- Enlightened Tutor - a bit on the pricey side, but having more tutor options is never wrong.
- Triumph of the Hordes - an alternate wincon for a deck that likes to swing wide. Worth including if you can afford it.
- Horned Sliver - Trample. For a deck that wants to swing wide, sometimes you just need trample.
Sorry to write you a whole book lol, but those were my thoughts. Please let me know what you think and when your tournament is. I look forward to your response! Also, here's a +1 for you!
4 weeks ago
I assume, at least at the moment, that this is a budget build. So my suggestions will attempt to be budget friendly.
Sliver Hive and Hive Stirrings would likely be welcome additions to your list here. Path of Ancestry is also really good for tribal decks that go creature heavy. Additionally, Sylvan Scrying and Expedition Map are both very good mana-fixers in terms of land-fetching (also, on a budget, cards like Terramorphic Expanse, Evolving Wilds, and Crop Rotation, especially for a five color deck, can be very good). Stoneforge Masterwork, Obelisk of Urd, and Door of Destinies are also all relatively budget friendly tribal cards.
There are obviously some more expensive cards that you could dip into, such as Cavern of Souls (and similar non-budget lands), Urza's Incubator, Herald's Horn, Coat of Arms, Training Grounds (if you decided to have Sliver Overlord for your commander), not to mention other good sliver creatures such as Galerider Sliver, Sliver Overlord, Sliver Queen, and Sliver Legion.
This is far from a complete list. That being said, there are a ton of different Sliver tribal EDH decks out there -- you should check them out and see what kinds of cards, interactions, and combos they run. Good luck!
1 month ago
What would you recommend swapping out for them?
1 month ago
Cards you could cut / relace with better versions of:
Horned Sliver - You already have enough other evasion methods, trample is the worst of the lot anyway.
Telekinetic Sliver - Far too slow. Remove things which are an issue, much better than tapping.
Toxin Sliver - expensive deathouch is expensive.
Cryptic Gateway - your deck is cheap to play, you don't need this card.
Coat of Arms - Worse sliver legion.
Bident of Thassa - You're better off with unconditional card advantage.
Gilded Lotus - Ramp that costs more than most of your deck isn't efficient ramp.
Descendants' Path - Replace it for more card advantage
Oversold Cemetery - there is better recursion than this, that is much less conditional.
Unnatural Selection - This card is just bad. Untutorable and win more.
Aphetto Dredging - Again, there are better recursion pieces.
Cards to add:
Farseek, Nature's Lore, Birds of Paradise, Avacyn's Pilgrim, Elves of Deep Shadow, Carpet of Flowers, Brainstorm, Impulse, Phyrexian Arena, Mystic Remora, Fellwar Stone, Regrowth, Sensei's Divining Top, Swords to Plowshares, Nature's Claim.
2 months ago
Needs about 1000% more Homeward Path. If you get you commander stolen your whole deck falls over. And considering you're running zero non-sliver removal, you could be stuck in a very bad spot. Also, I would replace Coat of Arms with Green Sun's Zenith. GSZ does more in that yo ucan get Sliver Legion (basically coat of arms) but also gets your ramp slivers.
5 months ago
Great card for every tribal deck!Nice Deck anyway, Slivers are awesome!
5 months ago
I run a Sliver Deck as well, it's pretty heavily combo based, the last game I played with it ended with me casting infinite Sliver tokens with Basal Sliver + Sliver Queen + Training Grounds you can check it out here if you want. 5-C Sliver Deck (Slivers: Resistance is Futile)
But, I highly recommend having all of the Sliver Lords in your deck: Sliver Overlord, Sliver Hivelord, Sliver Queen, and Sliver Legion. Furthermore, you should also run Constricting Sliver it's a great choice for control of the board. And, if you do decide to run Sliver Queen then you should also run Necrotic Sliver for complete control of the board. Notice that it says permanent, that includes everything on the board, from planeswalkers to lands.
But, have fun playing!
5 months ago
Yeah, I know that the commander is pretty insignificant. Atleast it does something and is not just a placeholder for a heroic card. I could also see Sliver Legion as a Craterhoof-like finisher.
Do you have a better idea for a commander, cdkime?