|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Future Sight (FUT)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Legendary Creature — Sliver
All Sliver creatures get +1/+1 for each other Sliver in play.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Sliver Legion Discussion
6 days ago
As a sliver enthusiast, sliver player, lover, planeswalker and sliver I cannot help but respond when a fellow sliver player is in need. It seems that your deck doesn't have a defined wincon and strategy. Well, allow me to give you a bit of advice regarding commander choice.
Sliver Overlord: The control based Sliver commander who is currently the most popular choice and regarded as "best" given his tutor ability. Personally, I'd like to argue that he is not the best...but I digress, with overlord you'd want to orient your deck toward controlling the tempo of the game while you populate the battlefield with threats and/or additional options to help further your strategy. Your deck as it is now is not configured to best support this choice. You have almost zero control , removal, and recursion in your deck. I'd almost call it midrange, but I just don't see the ability to go aggro when need be. It's just "Slivers Goodstuff"- as it is now, I don't think Overlord is the best option as a commander for this deck.
Sliver Hivelord/Sliver Legion: These options are viable, but are more geared toward an aggro playstyle. As your deck is currently configured neither of the previously mentioned commanders are considered ideal. You have far too many big beefy creatures that take time to enter the battlefield, and worse yet aren't cohesive toward a strategy outside of 1. play big thing, 2. jank in some way to make it a sliver. Additionally, you don't have enough ramp or rocks to help get them out earlier.
Sliver Queen: Objectively, in my opinion this is the most powerful sliver commander option however, she is best used in decks that are not Sliver tribal. As your deck is built, I think she is the best choice here. Your deck seems to be closer to a superfriends build. Sliver Queen will serve as a means to produce blockers for your planeswalkers as you get them on the field and use their loyalty abilities to wreak havoc. Alternatively, Queen can be used as a wincon as her combo pieces are easy to get out: Mana Echoes, or Heartstone/Training Grounds + Basal Sliver/Ashnod's Altar. In addition to her combo pieces I would add in some planeswalker support cards like the oath series. You could also include some stax elements to slow down the opponent as you will be primarily relying upon planeswalker abilities during your turn. Consider cards like Ensnaring Bridge, Winter Orb, or Static Orb.
So that's my assessment of what you should do. What're your thoughts? Also, thanks for the +1's on each of my deck pages. Moskstraumen is a work in progress, as I plan to change it up entirely- even the custom deck page. But that enough about my stuff, hit me back with your thoughts on where you want to take this deck.
1 week ago
slivers are not tier 1. they do not have nearly a high enough metashare. I actually think my own sliver list is better than yours. you have creatures outside of Collected Company range, not enough lands to cast Collected Company reliably without a mana sliver, and you break the cardinal rule of slivers which is to not run a full playset of any sliver whose effect doesn't stack. you're also missing Phantasmal Image to copy stackable effects such as buffs or Diffusion Sliver. the Eldritch Evolution is also a big waste when you only have 1 copy of 1 potential target, the Sliver Legion that shouldn't be in the deck to begin with if you're trying to cast Collected Company.
check out my own sliver list which has served me quite well in modern
SCORE: 2 | 2 COMMENTS | 292 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
3 weeks ago
I'm assuming you're playing a casual format where just about every card is legal so I'll give you a broad list of options.
Incidentally, the first deck I made was a slivers tribal as well :)
- Ancient Ziggurat: Provides you any color of mana you need but on the condition that it's only spent for creatures.
- Sliver Hive: One of the two best lands for a sliver deck. You get any color you want without restrictions for a sliver deck. Late game, it provides functionality by allowing you to poop baby slivers out whenever needed.
- Cavern of Souls: The other best land and likely the best land in the game for tribal? Like the others, it provides you with every color AND makes your creatures uncounter-able. Extremely useful against blue deck matchups. Downside is that it's like 40$ a piece
- Unclaimed Territory: The cheaper brother of Cavern of Souls. Does everything it does for but doesn't give the "can't be countered clause." Worth considering since it's about 6% the cost of Cavern of Souls.
- Mutavault: Only provides colorless mana but can't turned into a creature at any time. Basically it can become a sliver whenever you need it, perhaps as a bait, blocker, or extra attacker.
- Gemhide Sliver / Manaweft Sliver: Excellent and perhaps critical if you're running several colors. Turns your slivers into mana dorks and allows you to speed up your game by providing more mana. Many sliver decks run 4x.
- Diffusion Sliver: If you're looking to modern-ize your deck then replace Crystalline Sliver with this. It's not that good comparatively but it's modern legal.
- Sinew Sliver, Predatory Sliver, Muscle Sliver: Your bread and butter of the deck. You're likely to run 8x of them if possible.
- Galerider Sliver: Literally a better version of Winged Sliver. It costs one mana less and does everything better. Replace Winged Sliver with this if you can.
- Venom Sliver: Gives all your slivers deathtouch, making them all deadly.
- Pulmonic Sliver: Gives all your slivers flying as well as the ability to "revive them" by putting them on top of your library upon death.
- Bonescythe Sliver: Gives all double strike. Easy way to secure your combat advantage and double your damage potential all in one go.
- Sentinel Sliver: Provdes vigilance to all your slivers. I love this card personally and run 2x.
- Sliver Queen, Sliver Hivelord, Sliver Legion, Sliver Overlord: Your sliver gods. All expensive but provide crazy utility. Queen makes more sliver. Hivelord gives your guys indestructibility. Legion provides stat buffs. Overlord allows you to search your library for any sliver you want.
- Collected Company: Luckily most slivers are 3 and below the CMC cost, usually making CoCo a 2-for-1 card. In essence, consider this an instant that reads "play this whenever you want to have 2 more slivers on the board." Can be used for surprise blockers / increasing your board presence. You may find that lowering the CMC to 3 and below maximize the value of this card.
- Aether Vial: Get 4x of this if you can. It's very costly but extremely useful. Allows you summon free creatures essentially at instant speed. This will be your turn 1 most of the time move if possible.
1 month ago
I swear, you and I are twins in terms of our experiences with magic. Back in high school I started playing magic around the onslaught block (or shortly before it). I had friends who bought boxes and sold the packs at school, and my mom was awesome enough to give me a couple extra bucks to help pay for my new addic-er...habit lol. My second deck was a crappy monoblue wizards deck...Prodigal Sorcerer + Curiosity + Mind Over Matter was my wincon. BUT when I faced slivers for the first time during Legion...my mind was completely blown. I knew I had to play them. During college I collected them through various trades. I'm -still- kicking myself for not trading for a foil Sliver Legion. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20 huh? I too made an incredibly overpriced sliver deck...but what's weird is just how similar...and different our choices are.
+1 on principle. Long live the hive and all that. I'm still analyzing your deck, because you put far more ramp in your lands than I did. I rely more heavily on control, ramp and rocks. My only suggestions for a replacement would be swapping out Farseek for Nature's Lore. I'd prefer to have that one mana free to perhaps cast something else on that turn. But that's just my opinion. Also, why don't you have Gaea's Cradle not in here? It'd be perfect lol. By the way, i'm so jelly of your DCI promo Crucible of Worlds. Are you a judge? Or did you actually shell out the cash to buy that bad boy?
1 month ago
Hey there everyone! I have been trying to finish my Sliver deck now for what seems like forever and I am very close to it! I am just eight cards away and am hoping to maybe trade for them If possible. The cards I am looking for are:
So those are what I am in need of. Please take a look at my binder to see if we can make a deal!Binder Link
1 month ago
Yeah I definitely want Sliver Overlord as my general. I don't own Sliver Legion or Sliver Queen but I want them. Yes I want a midrange deck, something that is a bit rounded, has options during a match.
2 months ago
OK I am expressing things badly compared to MTG community standard lexicon. I like the control, effects, and stuff, rather than pure power/toughness buffs. I want to try to win by having the Slivers' effects accumulating, like having shroud and regeneration, indestructible, flying etc. Also, I want to use the combination of Amoeboid Changeling + Sliver Overlord to steal the enemies creatures. That's what I mean by stomping with Slivers.
I guess I like this part of the "Timmy" style, where I like winning, but how I win I care more about way I won than the number of times I win, so Sliver Legion might be best for making a competitive deck, but for my whims Sliver Overlord is what I want. Actually, Johnny, is probably a better fit: "Johnny likes to win, but he wants to win with style. Its very important to Johnny that he win on his own terms."
I definitely want Sliver Overlord as my Commander as he can tutor for the other Slivers. Sliver Legion might be the better call to win more but I don't care. I do appreciate you taking the time to make suggestions though and the other info and tips you have posted here and on other decks.
2 months ago
considering your statement "My wincon is to stomp with Slivers", your best option for a commander isn't Sliver Overlord. He is not conducive to stomping. He's more of a "slow the game down and take control". He's the toolkit that houses all the tools you need. If you want to stomp, and stomp hard then Sliver Legion is your best bet. But that's my 2 cents.