As an additional cost to play Natural Order, sacrifice a green creature.
Search your library for a green creature card and put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Natural Order occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Natural Order Discussion
1 week ago
Good afternoon everyone, I currently have a Natural Order MP, a Selvala, Heart of the Wilds SP, and a Captain Sisay SP for trade. I am looking for a Scroll Rack MP or better. If you have one and would like one of the cards I mentioned, please let me know and we'll start a trade!
2 weeks ago
I was gonna suggest Allosaurus Shepherd until I looked at the price. Damn, must be so high because of legacy.
I’m new to edh so maybe my suggestions aren’t useful but just some thoughts!
3 weeks ago
Okay, so I see where you're going with a lot of your suggestions. Budget, at this point, is a constraint so the pricier cards like Cloudstone Curio, Gaea's Cradle, even Sylvan Library are probably a No Go. And I'd probably go with Budgethoof Behemoth, aka End-Raze Forerunners since I have them on hand.
I think, for card draw, I completely forgot about Elemental Bond which definitely feels like a much better option than Colossal Majesty and doesn't have the cast requirement of Beast Whisperer. But I don't see why I can't also use Beast Whisperer. And Regal Force looks like something I need. Seer's Sundial might not work out but something I'm toying with.
Unfortunately I 100% misread Curious Herd and thought it worked exactly like Dockside Extortionist . That said, 4 mana for even 3 3/3 beast tokens doesn't seem horrible, and if that's the floor of the spell, it might be worth keeping in. That said, this is a go wide deck with elements to buff up my creatures, so I may just replace the herd with Arasta of the Endless Web and let my opponents put tokens on my board for me.
I like Magus of the Order, if for no other reason than I have it and Natural Order has a price tag. But also, it's easy enough to drop Liege of the Tangle in favor of other worthy fatties to summon, including something like Dawnglade Regent .
Bow of Nylea can def come out in favor of another creature. The Frostfang can't come out as soon but that's okay! And good call on Roiling Regrowth. That said, Nylea herself I think does so much on her own that I don't see me dropping her in favor of something that only does part of what she does. Rhonas's Monument is definitely worth looking into though!
I'll have to look into more of the suggestions you made. I actually use a lot of them in my Omnath, Locus of the Roil deck (the first three anyway lol). Oracle of Mul Daya is among the pricier cards I probably can't grab right now. I'm hemming and hawing on the Tireless Tracker because I don't know that I'll have a chance to really take advantage of the clues, but to your point, they can trigger Kodama so that's something to consider!
And hmmmm. Quirion Ranger is curious.
I'm also looking at adding some other cards, such as Kamahl’s Will , Territorial Scythecat , Shifting Ceratops , Primeval Bounty , Branching Evolution , Fertilid , Garruk's Uprising , Court of Bounty and Reclamation Sage . So if you have thoughts on those, let me know!
I really appreciate all the insight and feedback!
3 weeks ago
Sorry for the very lengthy reply. I just got swept up in this.
I've only played two games so my experience overall isn't going to tell me enough about how certain cards perform in various situations or if they're not synergizing enough with your strategy. I'm guessing you're on a budget. If your playgroup allows proxies, or money isn't an issue. Gaea's Cradle is always a great option in a deck that generates lots of token creatures, and you're already running Crop Rotation . The budget option to cradle though is Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip. When I began my 2nd game playing this deck I was very concerned since one opponent was running Angus Mackenzie which usually just neuters this kind of strategy. I mean I lost that game for other reasons, but if it had dragged on I probably would need a lot of luck to have instant speed removal for Angus and enough power to alpha strike or I'd just lose to forever fog. That's certainly an edge case, but a tad more removal could be helpful to rid yourself of problematic creatures or other effects. Song of the Dryads and Kenrith's Transformation are a couple of great options. The only other creature that doesn't do something like fight that shot to the front of my mind to get around Angus was Questing Beast .
However, simply looking at the list and thinking about good options in general I would say the following cards should be considered for replacement:
- Colossal Majesty its a bit slow compared to other green card draw. Sylvan Library is probably the best replacement if money is no issue. Beast Whisperer is decent and you can tutor it. There are great one-time effects considering the swarm you usually have like Shamanic Revelation and Regal Force . Harmonize is always a solid option. Oakhame Adversary is usually getting through because of deathtouch and you can always leave him as a blocker. Depending on your meta Runic Armasaur can net you plenty of cards.
- Liege of the Tangle feels like you'd be better off with something that helps finish the game the turn it enters the battlefield for this much mana. Craterhoof Behemoth or something like that would be nice, but if you're content with the pump that you get from Kamahl then perhaps Bane of Progress would be nice to wipe the pesky artifacts and enchantments. God-Eternal Rhonas is another decent buff to finish with. Great Oak Guardian could potentially be a finisher with your ability to turn lands into creatures and Temur Sabertooth as a way to recast the treefolk again and again.
- Nylea, Keen-Eyed I feel like she is a decent card, especially since she is indestructible, but her activated ability is pretty costly for only digging 1 card. I would prefer Duskwatch Recruiter Flip for this kind of effect and if it flips it does the cost reduction. If you're after an indestructible creature here then Rhonas the Indomitable is great for the deathtouch as a blocker or threat, and his pump + trample effect. For other nice cost reducers there's Emerald Medallion and Rhonas's Monument .
- Curious Herd was a dead card for me in one of my games where I drew it. I ended up discarding it when I ended a turn at 8 cards in hand. I can see that it has potential in some matchups, but its is a bit meta dependent. Arachnogenesis would probably be an upgrade in many cases, but again meta dependant.
- Magus of the Order I was surprised when I saw this in my hand because I didn't realize it had been printed. 2020 was a blur. However, as it stands there were not a lot of great targets for this to go tutor into play. Avenger, Nyxbloom, of Baloths were the primary options to me since Leige needs to swing and connect in order to do something and wait a turn before the lands can attack giving opponents a chance to wipe your board (including 8/8 lands). Actual Natural Order would be preferable since it is less telegraphed, but still need better finisher, utility, value to tutor for. Craterhoof, Bane of Progress, or maybe something like Apex Devastator for all the silly cascades.
- Roiling Regrowth -> Harrow (generally won't get countered so the additional cost on cast of sacrificing a land is a minimal risk) or if you want a body Springbloom Druid .
- Bow of Nylea it certainly has its utility, but something like Ohran Frostfang may be better for the deathtouch buff and supplemental card draw.
Other cards to consider:
- Skyshroud Claim it doesn't have the option to cycle, but untapped lands can really help in situations where you've doubled or tripled your mana produced.
- Zendikar Resurgent is just a great card.
- Eternal Witness works great with Temur Sabertooth and is generally just a great card.
- Overwhelming Stampede just a nice alternative finisher to Kamahl incase he's too expensive to get back on the field.
- Kogla, the Titan Ape not a lot of humans in your current iteration to have his bounce ability be useful like Temur Sabertooth , but he's still another way to fight a problematic creature and he can remove an artifact/enchantment per attack.
- Champion of Lambholt with so many token creatures you can get this up to a point where your creatures are unblockable.
- Soul of the Harvest is another solid source of incremental card draw.
- Triumph of the Hordes is a nice surprise finisher, especially against someone with near-infinite life.
- Carpet of Flowers meta dependent, but excellent ramp.
- Elder Gargaroth beefy, and has useful options every attack.
- Bellowing Tanglewurm since Kamahl already can pump, this can help get your alpha strike in.
- Kamahl, Fist of Krosa can just be a fun deterrent to board wipes if you have enough mana available to turn your opponent's lands into creatures in response.
- Oracle of Mul Daya just amazing for landfall theme.
- Gaea's Touch is a budget friendly option to help put more lands into play per turn, but they need to be basic forests.
- Tireless Tracker a bit grindy, but nice way to spend mana when you have nothing better to do. Also the treasure token trigger Kodama of the East Tree to allow you to put another land into play.
Some combo suggestions:
- Quirion Ranger + Ashaya, Soul of the Wild to use the ranger's ability to return the ranger and untap any other creature that can tap for mana to recast the range and repeat for infinite cast triggers, creature ETB triggers for other permanents that care, and "landfall" triggers. Scryb Ranger can also work if your "lands" produce an additional green or if you have a way to give them haste like Lightning Greaves or Concordant Crossroads .
- Cloudstone Curio + Kodama of the East Tree to put a land into play, bounce another land, resolve Kodama trigger to put that land back into play and bounce the first land for as many additional lands you can play per turn. This becomes infinite if you have a permanent that generates any kind of token on landfall trigger.
4 months ago
l13199l: It's going in and while the prospect of bringing out Yeva early speeds us up a lot, this does so much more for other decks, making it feel kinda meh for us. On the other hand, being able to respond with our creatures at instant speed much earlier could have its implications as well. We can also feel better about using Yeva as a resource to things like Natural Order, Eldritch Evolution, or Wirewood Symbiote (Survival of the Fittest) cast her easily after.
4 months ago
Do we really need another reprint of Acidic Slime? It is an excellent card, but it has been printed a sufficient number of times, in my mind. I also feel that it was not necessary for another reprint of Reliquary Tower, but at least that shall help to keep its price low, since it is a very popular card; could WotC at least have given it new artwork?
The new version of Radiant has great artwork, but the card itself leaves much to be desired; 7 mana is too high for a 6/4 creature, and the fact that her ability protects only herself and requires creatures with flying is a severe disappointment for such a prominent character in the storyline.
The new card for Breeches, however, is much more reasonable, so I fail to see how WotC could have done such a poor job with designing Radiant.
Opposition agent is nasty, and I do wish that it had cost 4 mana, rather than 3 mana, but I am very glad that it is black and not blue, since blue already had too many powerful effects of that nature. I have no doubt that that card shall be very expensive and will also immediately make any player who uses it a target of all other players in the game.
Demonic knowledge is very nice, but the player shall need to have a reliable source of life in order to counteract the life loss from the card.
The new Kodama is very nice, and will definitely satisfy fans of Kamigawa.
Profane transfusion is awesome, and definitely captures the horror of Phyrexia, and I also am very fond of Keskit, as well.
At last, the magus cycle is complete! Many players predicted that it would be a magus of Natural Order, so I am certain that they are pleased that that prediction was correct.
4 months ago
CoolCat7271, with extra basic lands, I’d run Harrow, Roiling Regrowth and/or Springbloom Druid if you have the space to include them. I wouldn’t force them in otherwise. I personally like Green Sun's Zenith, plus if you were to add Dryad Arbor you can have early ramp with the tutor. If you add the dryad, you can also have the win con of Emiel the Blessed + Dockside Extortionist + Dryad Arbor + Omnath, Locus of Creation. If you feel you need just bombs then go with Natural Order.
4 months ago
Starsky2814 for those running this deck without dual lands, with maybe snow covered basics to replace them, does it warrant the inclusion of, say Cultivate or Harrow in one of our flex spots? Also the Tempt with Vengeance idea is pretty..tempting. In my personal list I’m considering Green Sun's Zenith and/or Natural Order since the majority of our creatures are green and they can bring out Angry Omnath or Craterhoof right away. I’d like to know your guys’ thoughts!