As an additional cost to cast this spell, sacrifice a green creature.
Search your library for a green creature card and put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.
|Have (3)||31770 , , gildan_bladeborn|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Natural Order Discussion
2 weeks ago
I've made some changes in the deck. In came:
- Beast Within for Banewhip Punisher - it's usually non-creatures that are the real threat
- Craterhoof Behemoth for Serrated Biskelion - because games gotta end
- Woodfall Primus for Unearth - because I ran too few removal
- Natural Order for Profane Tutor - for Craterhoof or Woodfall
- Return of the Wildspeaker for Overrun - better manacost + optional card draw
Now I agree with Gidgetimer in not removing those ramp spells. But despite I went from my average CMC of 2.82 to 3.02, I don't really see a reason why to play more than 10 ramp spells, because the majority of cards in the deck is extremely cheap.
I will not add the Mike/Trike combo - I've once played in another deck and to be honest I don't like that combo too much.
I'm still thinking to add that perfectly timed Song of Freyalise and that Cauldron of Souls as that means a new snake for each dying snake, right? I want all my opponents to quote Samuel each time I play this deck :D
Thanks again guys for your help!
3 weeks ago
Got some good ideas from this deck for my Ghalta deck The Cheating Green Monster. If you want to get some creatures out for cheap, feel free to take a look. I went a bit different route than yours, but I make good use of cards like Natural Order, Dramatic Entrance, and Lure of Prey.
1 month ago
Played a bunch today and here is results of changes.
- -1 Apex Devastator to sideboard, moved to sideboard to swap out with blightsteel/eldrazi for newer players
- -1 Temur Sabertooth, removed due to the amount of cardraw available. I feel I would rather draw than bounce.
- +1 Blightsteel Colossus to maindeck, Blightsteel is a counter to my local playgroup. We've got a lifegain deck and one deck running Pariah and Pariah's Shield. Along with Akroma's Memorial and Finale of Devastation this is my nuclear option.
- +1 Bala Ged Sanctuary Flip, land and recurrence is very valuable.
- +1 Mirrorpool, ehh fine seems ok to drop a copy of a big creature that does something,, what's the worst that can happen? :)
- -1 Mana Crypt to maybeboard, don't have one is the only reason. If I can get one,, maybe?
- +1 Jeweled Lotus, replacement for mana crypt... Now let me tell you,, jeweled -> azusa --> lotus cobra --> two fetches --> Tooth and nail.. That was a quick game!
- +1 Maze of Ith, This is at tech, really aggressive in my area! There are some cases it's death to not have an air blocker!
- +1 Petrified Field, Testing it at this time, not sure how to abuse it yet
- +1 Momentous Fall, Does not feel as bad as I initially thought. Use this defensively often times.
- +1 Cryptic Caves, niche card testing it out. Turns your crucibles into three draw for 3 mana + land drops.. 3 mana draw 3 cards... seems decent
- +1 Thespian's Stage, what does it do? answer: yes
- -1 Beast Whisperer, I have enough creatures, but the costs are too high
- +1 Zendikar Resurgent, replacement for beast whisperer, has the potential to double mana while going off
- -1 Guardian Project, same problem as beast whisperer
- +1 Return of the Wildspeaker, another large draw effect to combo off of to replace guardian
- +1 Inkmoth Nexus, bad habits die hard, keeping one in deck for "that guy" at the table.
- -1 Field of the Dead -> maybeboard, only reason I'm taking it out is I don't own it. Dropping it into maybe board
- Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger is here to stay. When you go off with a large draw dropping him is amazing. He will give you enough mana to combo off and finish on the stop at times. He's also a good target for Natural Order.
- After drawing 10 cards and drawing into Rude Awakening,, it has a new place in my heart, seems to be a keeper
- Once I hit 25 basics, I think I can just win the game. The amount of basics should stick between 24-26 and 45 lands in total to facilitate the engines. If we're slightly under half I think we're good.
- Kodama of the East Tree was potentially good enough to combo off a large draw with vorin, need to test this more!
Thinking of Cutting:
- Beacon of Creation --> , requires more testing due to new landbase
Why the sideboard was added:
- Core creatures for swapping on the sideboard are Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth, Kozilek, the Great Distortion, Blightsteel Colossus, and Craterhoof Behemoth.
- Each of these creatures fills a different role. voice of hunger is a creature to combo off with on a large draw or to slow down my opponents. Butcher of truth fills your hand then wins by sacing against a single opponent or threating multiple attack if they don't sac a specific permanent (politics yeeehhh). Blightsteel teaches people that lifegain decks don't work against green edh.... craterhoof teaches people that lifegain deck's don't work against green in edh (AZUSA SMASH!!)... please stop playing lifegain decks in edh... Great Distortion draws and controls the game if your ahead.
If I'm playing against my friends then these are great. If we're trying to include someone I will swap them out for cards in the sideboard and leave in a couple.
1 month ago
griffstick why all the sacrifice creature spells draw a card spells? this deck doesn't have a lot of recursion (actually i don't it any) nor a great number of token generation and a lot of the creatures are high mana cost creatures so you'll be losing more tempo than you gain from the card draw. Though Natural Order is good one since roughly half my creatures are green. Why not instead Ambition's Cost, Ancient Craving, Abzan Charm, Blood Pact, Crushing Disappointment or Night's Whisper. Just wondering why your so set on me sacrificing my creatures
1 month ago
I love it and hate it.
I think you should cut like half the board wipes. And add cards like Village Rites, Burnt Offering, Deadly Dispute, Altar's Reap, Costly Plunder, Diabolic Intent, Tormented Thoughts, Morbid Curiosity, Mind Extraction, Momentous Fall, Natural Order, Life's Legacy, Eldritch Evolution, Metamorphosis, and last consider Bonds of Mortality. All of these cards pair well with your cmdr. Meaning you'll need less board wipes as you will always have it in the command zone.
1 month ago
3 months ago
Quirion Ranger , Boreal Druid , Regal Force , Return of the Wildspeaker , Dwynen's Elite , Essence Warden , Farhaven Elf , Copperhorn Scout , Vitalize , Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury , Patriarch's Bidding , Joraga Treespeaker , Nature's Claim , Second Harvest , Benefactor's Draught , Harvest Season , Triumph of the Hordes , Three Visits , Natural Order , Rampant Growth , Mobilize , Staff of Domination , Trailblazer's Boots , Centaur Garden
3 months ago
I like you deck! It's got some competitive parts and some very very casual parts. Overall I'd put it around like a 5 honestly, because while there's some powerful cards, the deck is not lazer focused on getting them out and disrupting opponents.
If you are wanting to make it up to an 8, you're going to have to cut your mana curve down to about a 2 excluding finishers (Like craterhoof, Mike&Trike) and power cards like Natural Order . All of your 5 drops, 1 of your 6, and all of you 7 drops should be replaced with "interaction" pieces, like Veil of Summer or Assassin's Trophy , Manglehorn , or semi-stax pieces since your deck is slow, like Root Maze etc.