|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Rare|
|Magic 2014 (M14)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Door of Destinies
As Door of Destinies enters the battlefield, choose a creature type.
Whenever you cast a spell of the chosen type, put a charge counter on Door of Destinies.
Creatures you control of the chosen type get +1/+1 for each charge counter on Door of Destinies.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (38)||bradyofportdetroit , perrin515 , REV666 , robbnoble , switchkill65 , L4DMalus , Friedrice24 , Unjust_DiabIo , rebelteddybear , ironax , fireborne1986 , Ferritt , CAPTAINxCOOKIES , gildan_bladeborn , Mousemke , sonnet666 , bakeraj4 , jstn.mrrtt , Mortiferus_Rosa , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Azdranax , mziter501 , Forkbeard , jhTheMan99 , jamesesdad , silvereh , ShishkyBob , LaKU , bakunet , Supremespeed , MyTotoro , SketchyScribbler , angesoir , Myllyes314 , Reliva , hardhitta71194 , Duct-Tape-Guardian , Swamy|
|Want (7)||Turtlelover73 , pauldiamond64 , Gearfriedroy , Sun_Djinn_Kari , vashaclarens , mazrimtaim , No1HanSolo|
Door of Destinies Discussion
1 day ago
Your curve is so low that you really don't need 42 lands. With that many lands plus mana rocks, you'll get mana-flooded a lot, and you don't really have any cards that take advantage of a high amount of mana. I'd chop out a few lands for more Vampire boosters. Adaptive Automaton and Metallic Mimic don't say "Vampire" on their creature-type line, but they count as Vampires once they're in play and make your tiny creatures more threatening.
Door of Destinies also seems like a must.
2 days ago
4 days ago
Maybe some tribal anthems, such as Door of Destinies? If you can get it out in the early game, the effects can be overwhelming. Metallic Mimic can be another ally, causing the rally ability to trigger, and it also makes your allies more formidable. The last suggestion would be Radiant Destiny. Your current anthem, Vanquisher's Banner, is a bit too pricey, mana wise. Nice deck, keep up the good work, and I hope these suggestions help.
4 days ago
CardTyrant! I love this deck and decided to build it myself with a few alterations after playing it with my group. Have you considered Altar of the Brood for an instant speed table library mill? With all your single creature pump spells, an infect creature like Septic Rats could also be a welcome addition instead of something less impactful like Typhoid Rats or Rancid Rats. You can even just have it ping people to fatal infect damage using Thornbite Staff after it gets big enough! That especially helps after the anthem effects(i.e. Caged Sun, Door of Destinies, Eldrazi Monument, etc.) makes it so Marrow-Gnawer + Thornbite Staff no longer kills your rats to enable the infinite combo. I also really enjoy Torment of Hailfire with all the mana we're generating. There are a couple more things i've changed in mine, so please let me know what you think! Here's mine.
5 days ago
And please check out my Golgari +1/+1 deck:
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 1 | 43 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
5 days ago
Omnath is completely commander dependant, after all the goal of the deck is to combo off with him, so there is not much you can do, so you have to work around it. You need to protect him better and get a bit more recursion because Omnath at 7 CMC is expensive enough.
Against removals you can use Sylvan Safekeeper and Heroic Intervention and there is always Asceticism which is a bit more expensive both money and mana wise.
For recursion Seasons Past is one of my favorite cards lately, easilly you get five to seven cards out of it. Greenwarden of Murasa is another no brainer because of the tribal theme. Deadwood Treefolk works similarly, it sacrifices itself and you don't have to exile it, but only brings back creatures. Paleoloth is another creature I though about, the creature by itself is kinda bad, but with Omnath you can trigger it the same turn you cast it.
Some creatures are too big to be killed with damage or plainly indestructible, so I run stuff like Scour from Existence and Brittle Effigy. Spitebellows is a damage based removal but you can get a lotta triggers for just three mana.
You should cut Door of Destinies and Vanquisher's Banner, you only have 14 elemental spells (counting Omnath) so you won't be getting enough triggers out of them to make them worth their spot in the deck.
Animist's Awakening is just bad, keep in mind you will be getting about one land for every three mana you spend on the X (there are many other effects taking lands out of the deck). It would be good if were producing limitless mana, but if you already have infinite mana you don't really need so many lands, anyway it's a worse Genesis Wave. Better options are Traverse the Outlands and Boundless Realms or the Genesis Wave.
Stuff like Exploration and Wayward Swordtooth work amazingly in these decks, specially when you combine it with the Oracle of Mul Daya and Courser of Kruphix you already run and Ramunap Excavator if you were to include it (feels like a cheat with cards like Evolving Wilds).
5 days ago
Thanks for the feedback bud, I'm going to respond to some of the cards individually to give a more clear explanation for why I put them in there, and then we can maybe chat more about alternatives to some of the suggested cards. I'm planning on removing the Testing cards because I think it is a misnomer. Those are cards that weren't in a lot of other Sigarda decks, not particularly cards that I wanted the most feedback on. But that's my fault for not clarifying.
- Beastmaster Ascension, Cathars' Crusade, Door of Destinies, and True Conviction are what I would consider the primary win condition cards of the deck. They do generate a lot of heat, but that's why there are four of them. Hopefully during a game I would expect to see two of them. To be honest, I much prefer counters over static effects for two reasons: they stick around when the buff is removed, and static effects turn off things like Mentor of the Meek.
- Bow of Nylea is primarily in the deck because people don't like blocking deathtouch creatures. The activated abilities are insignificant in my opinion. If i have extra mana before my next untap phase I will add a +1/+1 counter to Sigarda, or tuck four cards back in my library if Angel of Glory's Rise is dead. I could definitely see the argument for cutting this card, and you mention better stuff, but do you have any recommendations for a mass combat enabler?
- Descendants' Path and Duskwatch Recruiter Flip are a way of seeing more of my deck. Selensya doesn't have a lot of multiple draw cards, and the ones that do are typically creature specific. The only card I would be genuinely sad to tuck is Angel of Glory's Rise, and both of these cards would either cast her, or put her into my hand. Also keep in mind I have 9 cards that make me shuffle my deck, or tucking things to the bottom of my library doesn't mean I won't see them. Also I don't want Duskwatch Recruiter Flip to flip, his activated ability is significantly more impactful than the generic ramp, in my opinion.
- The main difference between Grand Abolisher and Dosan the Falling Leaf is that Grand Abolisher stops people from doing things on my turn, Dosan the Falling Leaf forces people to play instants at sorcery speed, and doesn't stop activated abilities. I think Dosan either fizzles to things that I want to stop (Karlov of the Ghost Council, Spore Frog, and sacrifice effects), and only really messes with spellslinger type decks.
- I like Eerie Interlude when someone has Nevinyrral's Disk type effects out, but until you know someone has a board wipe, or you're going to combo it with your own board wipe, you're basically holding up three mana all the time. I would love suggestions on a permanent that will do this instead.
- I understand Magus of the Disk and Shaman of Forgotten Ways are removal targets, and that they have to survive a full rotation, but keep in mind that besides a board wipe, they both require two removal interactions because Sigarda, Heron's Grace will be out anytime they are. Magus of the Disk is in here to combo with Odric, Lunarch Marshal, though I admit that combo is a little jank. Shaman of Forgotten Ways is in there to shut down some of the lifegain elements or many of the decks I've seen, and because with the exception of a token deck, I expect to have the most number of creatures out. If you were to cut these two cards, what would you replace with them?
- Oblivion Ring is okay. I intentionally picked him over Fiend Hunter or Banisher Priest because enchantments have the least amount of removal, compared to the other nonland permanent types. If I was in Orzhov I would cut this for Anguished Unmaking or some similar effect.
- Thalia's Lancers: Don't forget Bow of Nylea and Tamiyo's Journal are also tutorable. Though most of the time I would be tutoring for one of the Odrics, or Kamahl, Fist of Krosa late game for the win.
- Werebear to me is the perfect mana dork. If I see him early, he provides me with a lot of ramp. If I see him late, he's a 5/5 human for CMC 2. There are a lot of Human mana dorks, but none of them save Shaman of Forgotten Ways does anything else of use.
Sorry that was longer than expected. About your recommendations:
- Bruna, the Fading Light and Gisela, the Broken Blade: To see for Brisela, Voice of Nightmares, you'd have to draw both of those, or one and Thalia's Lancers. The chance of seeing that happen in a game is somewhere in the ballpark of 10% after seeing 20 cards, so not great. I'm not really sure they have enough value on their own to justify that, I'd rather invest two slots in things that help my already big creatures get damage through.
- Sun Titan: Does not fit the tribal restrictions. Also, I don't really want a recursion sub-theme. There are cards to do it, but in my opinion, if you're going to do recursion, you want an engine of sorts, and that is getting too close to Marchesa. Plus recurring creatures doesn't really have a win condition unless it is an engine. They are valuable sure, but that's why Angel of Glory's Rise is the only recursion card in here.
- Oketra's Monument: I've never been a super fan of reducing generic mana costs, but only three of the white creatures won't benefit from this. I really wish the tokens were Humans, but to be honest this is a definitely maybe to include. I'm not sure what I would swap this with though, any opinions?
- Hero of Bladehold: Same slight problem with Oketra's Monument, but from my research, I can't find many good Human token generators. I might swap this with Angelic Overseer.
- Marshal's Anthem: Its CMC 4 to cast, and CMC 2*X to bring back. Unless I have Mirari's Wake out, I'm probably only bringing back 1 or 2 creatures, and the +1/+1 isn't really significant enough in my opinion. I'd rather try and fit in Collective Blessing somewhere.
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc
Flip: I think this card is really cool, and I think that I wouldn't cast this unless it was going to flip the same turn. Having Gaea's Cradle for CMC 3 can be really powerful, but I don't really know what ramp I would cut. Maybe Karametra, God of Harvests? The only problem I'm seeing with this is that it is mana not , and the overwhelming majority of stuff I want to do is in white.
I would love more draw, but there isn't a lot of good draw sources in Selesnya that I can find. Have you found any that you would recommend? The main reason I have a low CMC is because all of the things I have to draw with cost mana, Like investigating, Mentor of the Meek, Duskwatch Recruiter Flip, etc. So the hope is to be able to funnel the extra mana into those draw sources. I have not really addressed the lands as of yet, but if from playtesting Reliquary Tower is needed, I'll slot it in, but I think Thought Vessel is a waste unless you are drawing an exponential amount of cast from things like Rhystic Study.
I have some cards that I'm interested in getting your opinion on, and some potential swaps that I'd also like you opinion on. I'll redo the Testing category and the maybeboard, then ask you to reconvene later if that's okay?