|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Door of Destinies
As Door of Destinies enters the battlefield, choose a creature type.
Whenever you cast a spell of the chosen type, put a charge counter on Door of Destinies.
Creatures you control of the chosen type get +1/+1 for each charge counter on Door of Destinies.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (18)||bradyofportdetroit , perrin515 , REV666 , RubyStrings , golgarigirl , sonnet666 , switchkill65 , robbnoble , mazrimtaim , Mousemke , rebelteddybear , xpsychovampx , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , gildan_bladeborn , fireborne1986 , Forkbeard , Swamy , LaKU|
Door of Destinies Discussion
2 hours ago
10 hours ago
I know it's tempting in this kind of deck, but seriously, cut the Sol Rings. It's probably the dickest move you can pull in a casual deck out side of writting Mox [_] on a land with sharpie. Also, it literally means you can't play this under any formats rules. Even Vintage has it restricted to 1 per deck. Having played against two people who had a set of Sol Rings in their deck because "it's casual", I can tell you there is no greater impulse than to play as sharp as you can and kick the ever-loving cardboard out of them.
Play . Seriously, have some sort of black mana source (there are several cheap options like Spire of Industry or Springleaf Drum). Reason for it is Cranial Plating. Trust me, you want this if your goal is mono-artifact. Nothing says !!SURPRISE!! like swinging half your dudes and then killing someone because they didn't block Ornithopter. Ditch Coat of Arms and Door of Destinies for a playset. They're dirt cheep in comparison and offer far more flexibility. Reason being you can pay and move it at instant speed. It also functions as a lightning rod for their artifact removal; if they don't kill it, then it will kill them.
If you're wanting to go for as many lords as possible Master of Etherium is your man. I'd say its probably worth it to cut Adaptive Automaton for it at 1v1. Partly because Master is a bigger beater, but also because it buffs all your creatures so long as they're artifacts, thus freeing you from construct tribal. (Though, if you're going construct tribal, then ignore this.)
Cut the Scuttling Doom Engine. It's a fine sideboard card for when you know your opponent is low enough to the ground to make it a threat, but unless you're packing Fling or even better Shrapnel Blast, then its not worth it. What you want instead is an old standard favorite, Hangarback Walker. Shit gets beastly fast and when they finally kill it you get to swarm them for their trouble.
I'd also advise cutting Nahiri, the Harbinger simply because the deck currently lacks graveyard synergies to get the most out of her looting ability and there's nothing in the deck that is worth her ultimate that could actually close out the game. Maybe if you had Blightsteel Colossus as a 1-of it would be worth it, but even then you'd want something to fetch back your pitched artifacts. Maybe Myr Retriever or its ilk.
Ultimately, all this depends on what you want to do with the deck. I suggest some form of interaction like Galvanic Blast, the aforementioned Shrapnel Blast, or Dispatch. The last place you want to be is having lethal on the board and loosing because you couldn't stop a threat from coming through. Hell, even minimizing the amount of damage you'll take on the blowback from an alpha strike is worth running some removal.
1 day ago
This advice is for going full Human Tribal, so no soldiers and spirits.
- Minus Emeria Shepherd Card is too expensive, no synergy b/c no ETB effects or payoff cards to reanimate.
- Minus Collective Effort Card is too mediocre in EDH
- Minus Devout Invocation, Although a very cool and flavourful card, it's too expensive, and doesn't have a direct impact on the board without a haste source in play.
- Minus Ajani Unyielding, Strong card, but no synergy wit the deck.
- Minus Bow of Nylea, Card is too underwhelming in EDH
- Minus Gallows at Willow Hill, again, very flavourful, but underwhelming.
- Minus Swiftfoot Boots, usually works better with big creatures that need protection, instead of a lot of small creatures, if you really want to play it, go for Lightning Greaves
- Minus Thought Vessel, you don't really need the ramp if you keep the CMC low, same goes for the hand-size limit, you want to keep casting creatures, not gain a massive hand. Imagine drawing this instead of more humans that commit to the board state.
- Minus Asceticism, you're main concern is board wipes, not target removal, I would suggest playing this in a creature based deck like Mayael the Anima
- Minus Archetype of Courage, too underwhelming in my opinion
- Minus Somberwald Sage, only ramps for big creatures, which is not your focus.
- Minus Decimator of the Provinces, too underwhelming for its cmc
- Minus Elder of Laurels, not a bad card, but only buffs one creature, you want more anthem effects.
- Minus Fiend Hunter, it's a solid card, there are better options
- Minus Geist-Honored Monk, solid card, but no human synergy and no game changer for 5 CMC
- Minus Odric, Lunarch Marshal, Minus Odric, Master Tactician, never been a fan of these.
- Minus Precinct Captain, soldiers, no humans
- Minus Ulvenwald Tracker, meh
- Minus Voice of Resurgence, obviously one of the best cards in Modern, solid in EDH, but not really a human card
- Minus Nissa, Voice of Zendikar, I get the point, but no humans
- Minus Avacyn, Angel of Hope, So good, so expensive
- Minus Mosswort Bridge, not enough value to gain here, so just a slow land card.
- Plus Skullclamp best draw engine for tokens in the game.
- Plus Devout Chaplain, solid tribe removal
- Plus Heron's Grace Champion, excellent combat trick.
- Plus Herald of War, solid tribal support
- Plus Tireless Tracker, great stand-alone with draw-engine
- Plus Grand Abolisher, anti control card
- Plus Thraben Doomsayer, free human tokens,
- Plus Angel of Jubilation, anthem
- Plus Chord of Calling, find your craterhoof on instant speed.
- Plus Eladamri's Call, tutor.
- Plus Green Sun's Zenith, tutor.
- Plus Avacyn's Pilgrim, solid human mana dork
- Plus Overwhelming Stampede wincon
- Plus Door of Destinies anthem
- Plus Akroma's Memorial wincon
- Plus Obelisk of Urd tribal anthem
- Plus Cryptolith Rite Ramp
- Plus Angelic Overseer Solid tribal support
- Plus Marshal's Anthem Recursion + Anthem
- Plus Kodama's Reach additional Cultivate
- Plus Adaptive Automaton tribal support
- Plus Enlightened Tutor
- Plus Gather the Townsfolk, more humans!
2 days ago
I think I need more generic tribal cards.
4 days ago
When building a commander deck, start with your lands. What seems to be jumping out to everyone is you have far too few.The rule I go by is that your total land base needs to be at least 30 + CMC of your commander + Colors of your commander. Thus, in your case the minimum amount of lands should be 36.
Second, you need to make sure you have enough Ramp/Mana Rocks and Card Draw. I know it's tempting to stuff your deck full of fun cards. However, if you never get to play them, it's not fun. So, get this straight and don't allow yourself to cut them. Generally I try to aim for 8-10 Ramp/Mana Rock cards. (like Sol Ring and Sword of the Animist)Also, 5-8 Card Draw cards. (like Phyrexian Arena, Night's Whisper, and Rogue's Gloves)
Next look at what you want your win condition to be. It seems your going after an attack heavy, tribal beat down theme. So, I think you're on the right track so far. However, 41 creatures seems a bit much. I'd slim that down to 35-38 and then add in some things that are going to play off your tribal theme. For instance, Door of Destinies, Coat of Arms, and/or Obelisk of Urd
Next you need to make sure you have answers to problems. Generally people like to keep minimum 4+ board wipes in their decks. Also, in your particular colors you'll have an extremely tough time dealing with artifacts and enchantments. So, your going to want to include a few cards like Nevinyrral's Disk, Perilous Vault, and Scour from Existence that can take care of them. In addition to or in place of more normal board wipes like Decree of Pain, Mutilate, and Deadly Tempest, that will get rid of creatures if you're getting overrun.
Next add in some fun stuff for your commander. Generally people use deathtouch equipment with Olivia, because it allows you to use her first ability to "Ping" creatures and kill them. Cards like Basilisk Collar and/or Quietus Spike. Also, Blade of the Bloodchief is your only real option for a specifically vampire tribal card.
Finally a few combos for this deck is a good thing, because it's going to pretty weak in the late game. You already mentioned Sanguine Bond and Exquisite BloodAlso, I saw someone mention Bloodchief Ascension and MindcrankI'll include Blood Tribute and Defiant Bloodlord, which can one shot an opponent. Defiant Bloodlord also acts as redundancy for Sanguine Bond.
That should improve your deck immensely.
5 days ago
This looks pretty controlling but I like that it is all about bouncing, my favorite form of control in blue! Not sure if I'm excited to play against this, haha, but it'd be a fun challenge once you get it tuned (Zada's horde might cry).
You said draw could be better so why not do a wizard sub-theme? This obviously means including Azami. But guys like AEther Adept, Aven Augur, Barrin, Master Wizard, Cephalid Constable, Echo Tracer, Profaner of the Dead, etc. play well within a bouncing theme. They can give you the bounce control you need until Heidar is up and running and be draw/chump blockers before/after that.
I know there's a bunch of pet cards in here that I'm unaware of so let me know if you want me to suggest cuts and I will. I realize too I'm suggesting altering your deck a bunch but I think it'd be more consistent this way while still being quite unique compared to other tribal wizard builds.
5 days ago
Hello! An interesting deck. I definitely like the idea of Angels tribal deck. And thanks to you now I know that there is such an interesting potential commander as Radiant, Archangel. By the way I think that Honor of the Pure and Glorious Anthem can improve your deck. I'd also recommend to think about Door of Destinies or Coat of Arms.
6 days ago
I was planning on making a dwarf deck! Depala, Pilot Exemplar looks like a ton of fun!
I would highly recommend at least some of the r/w dual lands.