Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
As Unclaimed Territory enters the battlefield, choose a creature type.
: Add .
: Add one mana of any colour. Spend this mana only to cast a creature spell of the chosen type.
2 months ago
Cards to consider cutting:
Volcanic Fallout, Skyshroud Claim, Heaven / Earth, Wayward Swordtooth, Sun-Crowned Hunters, Raging Regisaur, Kinjalli's Caller, Druid of the Anima, Drover of the Mighty, Burning Sun's Avatar, Cacophodon, Star of Extinction
Cards to consider adding:
Kodama's Reach, Regisaur Alpha, Chain Lightning, Blasphemous Act, Carnage Tyrant, Deathgorge Scavenger, Etali, Primal Storm, Annoyed Altisaur, Apex Altisaur, Giant Cindermaw, Harnessed Snubhorn, Sheltered Thicket, Scattered Groves, Sacred Peaks, Kinjalli's Sunwing, Kogla and Yidaro, Quartzwood Crasher, Rampaging Ferocidon, Runic Armasaur, Topiary Stomper, Tyrranax Rex, Wakening Sun's Avatar, Elemental Bond, Taurean Mauler, Unbreakable Formation, Vanquisher's Banner, Coat of Arms, Door of Destinies, Herald's Horn, Path of Ancestry, Pillar of Origins, Pyre of Heroes, Secluded Courtyard, Stoneforge Masterwork, Unclaimed Territory, Vanquisher's Banner
the add section kinda got out of hand, but they are all worth considering
eliakimras on B.F.D.
3 months ago
Glancing through your cards, your deck's problem might be because you're building it based on best-case scenario, with tons of clones and blink synergies. (In my playgroup, Miirym always gets removed before her untap step, so the Miirym player does not rely on her sticking to the board.)
I'll suggest some upgrades for your deck based on making it more consistent and less dependant on Miirym:
Explosive turns with lots of cost reducers sound nice... if people don't blow up your dorks before you get any value from them.
- I would swap out Dragonlord's Servant, Goblin Anarchomancer, Bronze Walrus, Dragonspeaker Shaman, Open the Gates, Mind Stone, Lapis Orb of Dragonkind, Commander's Sphere, Gilded Lotus for Fellwar Stone, Farseek, Nature's Lore, Three Visits, Cultivate, Kodama's Reach, Chromatic Lantern, Coalition Relic, Herald's Horn.
2nd. You need more lands (36 lands + 13 ramp cards is a good starting point)
- Storage lands like Crucible of the Spirit Dragon are only worth it with proliferate shenanigans. Exotic Orchard serves you better.
- Forgotten Cave and Tranquil Thicket can be Sheltered Thicket and Ketria Triome instead. (Synergy with the landfetchers above.)
- Highland Lake, Swiftwater Cliffs, Temple of Epiphany, Timber Gorge and Woodland Stream could be these utility lands instead: Mosswort Bridge, Myriad Landscape, Blighted Woodland, Kessig Wolf Run, Littjara Mirrorlake.
- Bala Ged Recovery Flip, Valakut Awakening Flip and Glasspool Mimic Flip are three spells that can be played as a land. I would take out Dragonmaster Outcast, Delina, Wild Mage and Demanding Dragon for them.
- Evolving Wilds and Terramorphic Expanse could be swapped out for Unclaimed Territory and Secluded Courtyard.
3rd. Better counterspells
4th. Better removal
5th. Better boardwipes
- Klauth's Will is a more versatile Magmaquake. Ryusei, the Falling Star can be cloned for extra doom for your opponents. Curse of the Swine does not touch your board.
- I would take out Magmaquake, Preordain and Opt for the cards above.
6th. More card draw
- Garruk's Uprising is a better Colossal Majesty.
- Garruk, Primal Hunter and Return of the Wildspeaker are also all-stars here. I would take Korlessa, Scale Singer and Mirror Box out for them.
7th. Better win conditions
- About this, please check miirym , need recommendations build and the comment I made on that page. You have plenty of options in this regard.
5 months ago
Hello! I saw your deck help tag and wanted to give some insight.
I don't run Miirym as commander, but I do have her in the 99 in Smashing Faces with the Ur-Dragon, and she always pushes me to victory whenever she's allowed to stick on the battlefield.
Some areas you might want to change to improve your consistency:
1 - Ramp
- Farseek and Fellwar Stone are great for fixing for multiple colors of mana. You might take out Birds of Paradise (dies so easily), Sakura-Tribe Elder (fixes for only one color) and Sword of Once and Future (no synergy with dragons) for them.
- Skyshroud Claim is great for the same reasons above. Frontier Siege never impressed me in a multicolor deck, because I often need colors outside of .
- If you run the suggestions above, you probably need more fetchable dual lands: Ketria Triome, Breeding Pool, Steam Vents, Stomping Ground, Sheltered Thicket, Wooded Ridgeline.
- If you run Into the North, you can also use Highland Forest, Rimewood Falls, Volatile Fjord and some snow basics (Snow-Covered Forest, Snow-Covered Island, Snow-Covered Mountain) to fetch.
2 - Draw/Haste
- It is tough to cast Tribute to the World Tree in a 3-color deck without Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth or Chromatic Lantern on the battlefield. Maybe you want Temur Ascendancy instead.
3 - Removal/Boardwipes
- Chain Reaction cleans your own dragons. Curse of the Swine should get rid of your opponents' most problematic creatures. If you face a lot of token decks, Surtland Frostpyre is a boardwipe on a land that leaves most of your dragons alive.
- Green Sun's Twilight could be Chaos Warp as a second Beast Within.
4 - Protection
- In my dragons deck, I often want protection and haste for more than one creature. Swiftfoot Boots got swapped out for Asceticism.
- Slip Out the Back could instead be Heroic Intervention (it has good synergy with Blasphemous Act).
- If you don't want to be attacked, Propaganda might deter more attackers than Fog.
- Can you cast Counterspell and Bane's Contingency reliably? Swan Song or Arcane Denial might be easier to cast considering your manabase.
5 - Card draw
- Rishkar's Expertise, Garruk, Primal Hunter and Return of the Wildspeaker are the cream of the crop of green card draw. You might want to remove Blur, Essence Flux and Ghostly Flicker for them. (Instead of running flicker effects to save your creatures, it might be better to just run more threats in case they are dealt with - and card draw helps with that.)
6 - Better threats
- Dragon Broodmother creates tokens at a much faster pace than Dragonmaster Outcast.
- Korlessa, Scale Singer never impressed me. Knollspine Dragon is way better at drawing cards.
- Overwhelming Stampede wins games harder than Thundermaw Hellkite.
- I would take out Flameblast Dragon for Utvara Hellkite.
7 - Some utility lands you might want to run
5 months ago
For those interested, here is the list of removed cards, added cards, as well as total current deck stats.
- 6 Island
- 6 Swamp
- Dreadhorde Invasion
- Liliana, Death's Majesty
- Drown in Dreams
- Plumb the Forbidden
- Reality Shift
- Final Parting
- Ghouls' Night Out
- Charcoal Diamond
- Sky Diamond
- Gleaming Overseer
- Hordewing Skaab
- Undead Alchemist
- Evolving Wilds
- Exotic Orchard
- Malakir Mire Flip
- Mystic Sanctuary
- Obscura Storefront
- Reflecting Pool
- Secluded Courtyard
- Terramorphic Expanse
- Unclaimed Territory
- Verdant Catacombs
- Mystic Remora
- An Offer You Can't Refuse
- Blue Sun's Zenith
- Rapid Hybridization
- Read the Bones
- Bident of Thassa
- Dimir Signet
- Fellwar Stone
- Herald's Horn
- Pyre of Heroes
- Thaumatic Compass Flip
- Urza's Incubator
- Champion of the Perished
- Fell Stinger
- Liliana's Standard Bearer
- Murderous Rider
- Shambling Ghast
Misc deck stats: Ramp: 13 Draw: 19 Tutors: 4
5 months ago
SpeedOfLightning - Secluded Courtyard and Unclaimed Territory are pretty nice that they provide any color mana for specific creatures but I usually am not casting my dinosaurs thanks to Gishath. I am usually using the mana for support or ramp. You did bring to my attention that the deck is extremely heavy on followed by and has very little so I should adjust my lands a bit to fit that mana curve. I have not adjusted the lands in a while but have tinkered with just about every other aspect of the deck.
The one card I am really interested in trying out is Runadi, Behemoth Caller in exchange of one of the support humans...likely Priest of the Wakening Sun or one of the dorks. I would love to get that in my opening hand and when Gishath is cast, she enters with as an 11/10 instead of a 7/6. Pretty much any dinosaur cast will reap the benefit of getting a +1/+1 counter and getting Haste...has some merit!
7 months ago
You should run more interaction (stuff that disables / kills opponents' stuff) because it's just a good thing to have around in case you need it. also, you should cut Unclaimed Territory for Yavimaya Coast, because your deck doesn't have a lot of creatures with the same creature type (human, beast, elf) eliminating its maximum effectiveness. also, Avenger of Zendikar is overall good for ezuri because it makes tokens (generating exp) and buffs those tokens.
7 months ago
Deck looks sweet! Very different from what our playgroup has done in the past and I'm excited to see it play out.
Here are a few opportunities that could make the deck slightly more consistent, but obviously it's your deck and you do you. Maybe take these into consideration after playing it a few times?
- Knight of New Alara is cute and synergizes well with Rafiq, but I judge your multicolor count is low. I'd suggest swapping this for Mirari's Wake as it is an unconditional buff and gives you mana doubling.
- Two opportunities for better mana that isn't terribly expensive: swap out Prairie Stream and Seaside Citadel for Plaza of Heroes and Unclaimed Territory.
- Given the average Mana Value of the deck, maybe look to trim one or two more spells for a land or two (or a utility mana rock).
8 months ago
I like what I see here for the most part, but I've got some ideas for you.
Mana base: Since you're in four colors, lose as many lands that produce only colorless mana as possible. Keep Karn's Bastion, but consider cutting Gavony Township, Vitu-Ghazi, the City-Tree, Opal Palace, Reliquary Tower (unless you draw a metric ton of cards here, which I don't see), and Temple of the False God. Possibly cut Unclaimed Territory, too. I see why you have it, but it can't help you cast your commander. Replace all of these with either basics or some other dual-type lands, preferably those that don't come into play tapped. Basics would probably work fine.
I don't think I like Door of Destinies here. You probably have to choose Fungus as your creature type, which doesn't help your saprolings. And you can't choose saprolings, because you don't "play" the saprolings. Cut it for another ramp spell, which you sorely need.
As I mentioned elsewhere, I'm not sure I like Resourceful Defense either. I do understand why you've included it, but it just doesn't seem to me that you'll get much use out of it, and it's activated ability is pretty costly. But if you like it, and it does a lot of work for you, then ignore my advice.
You are sorely lacking in card draw, too. You need to look at some slots to open up for more card draw spells. Black offers lots of great one-off spells, like Read the Bones, Night's Whisper, Ambition's Cost, and others.
That's all I got for now. I'll compare our lists more closely and let you know if I think of anything else.