|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Magic 2015 (M15)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Sliver
Sliver creatures you control have deathtouch. (Any amount of damage a creature with deathtouch deals to a creature is enough to destroy it.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Venom Sliver Discussion
3 weeks ago
Opaline Sliver: is not sufficient card draw. It is much too dependent on your opponents decisions
Venom Sliver: I'll give you this atm death touch is annoying.
Syphon Sliver; is not an answer to burn. Every creature you play dies to bolt. And yes i know that you have Diffusion Sliver but the chance that you'll have have this in multiples consistently is not great.
8 conditional control spells in the side board doesn't do much for you.... this deck is to slow to rely on removal alone you need better ways to control the flow of the game
Out of curiosity have you ever played with this list? And by this I mean tier 1-2 lists.
3 weeks ago
MrJohny if you think that rakdos deck can beat this, stop playing magic. it would have no chance. none. at all. this deck would mop the floor with that garbage rakdos build. a creature doesnt have to be huge to deal damage. and btw, "control" does not mean "counterspells" (of which there are actually 8 in the sideboard. removal and hand disruption IS control. period. no card draw? did you not see Opaline Sliver? no answer to board wipes? again, 8 counterspells. no answer to hexproof? Venom Sliver. no answer to aggro or burn? Syphon Sliver. i literally have some form of answer to EVERYTHING you tried to say i didnt have an answer to. maybe try looking at ALL the cards in a deck and READING THEM before you comment. no deck can have an answer to literally everything.
cdkime: just because there are "2" (not a very large number) of you that "didnt see a win condition" (you do see the creatures right?) doesnt mean they're not there. Manaweft sliver is good, but it is not a "control" option. i already use Manaweft Sliver in my aggro Collected Company build, where Phantasmal Image works wonders when it can copy a lord. same reason merfolk decks use it. you also have to realize that 9 times out of 10, when an opponent targets your creature, its going to be a removal effect anyway, so the sacrifice effect of Phantasmal Image is very negligible. its just plain too good not to use.
3 weeks ago
So first off, slivers CAN be good and not broken. The key is which you use. To achieve this end, here are a few slivers that would create a more solid gameplay experience but have an at least okay deck. I can help with the others too, but for now we'll talk about this.
Anything that just buffs the team: Predatory Sliver, Megantic Sliver, Might Sliver, Battle Sliver, Armor Sliver and Barbed Sliver, Blade Sliver, Bonesplitter Sliver, Muscle Sliver, and Sinew Sliver are all pretty cool, but a standout for me, a SUPER fun sliver to play: Firewake Sliver.
Abilities that aren't too broken include Blur Sliver, Belligerent Sliver, Cautery Sliver, Gemhide Sliver and Manaweft Sliver, Groundshaker Sliver, Heart Sliver, Leeching Sliver, Necrotic Sliver, Quick Sliver, Reflex Sliver, Sentinel Sliver, Striking Sliver, Syphon Sliver, Two-Headed Sliver, Venom Sliver.
Consider making this deck pauper? It would probably limit it enough to be fair.
1 month ago
I'm assuming you're playing a casual format where just about every card is legal so I'll give you a broad list of options.
Incidentally, the first deck I made was a slivers tribal as well :)
- Ancient Ziggurat: Provides you any color of mana you need but on the condition that it's only spent for creatures.
- Sliver Hive: One of the two best lands for a sliver deck. You get any color you want without restrictions for a sliver deck. Late game, it provides functionality by allowing you to poop baby slivers out whenever needed.
- Cavern of Souls: The other best land and likely the best land in the game for tribal? Like the others, it provides you with every color AND makes your creatures uncounter-able. Extremely useful against blue deck matchups. Downside is that it's like 40$ a piece
- Unclaimed Territory: The cheaper brother of Cavern of Souls. Does everything it does for but doesn't give the "can't be countered clause." Worth considering since it's about 6% the cost of Cavern of Souls.
- Mutavault: Only provides colorless mana but can't turned into a creature at any time. Basically it can become a sliver whenever you need it, perhaps as a bait, blocker, or extra attacker.
- Gemhide Sliver / Manaweft Sliver: Excellent and perhaps critical if you're running several colors. Turns your slivers into mana dorks and allows you to speed up your game by providing more mana. Many sliver decks run 4x.
- Diffusion Sliver: If you're looking to modern-ize your deck then replace Crystalline Sliver with this. It's not that good comparatively but it's modern legal.
- Sinew Sliver, Predatory Sliver, Muscle Sliver: Your bread and butter of the deck. You're likely to run 8x of them if possible.
- Galerider Sliver: Literally a better version of Winged Sliver. It costs one mana less and does everything better. Replace Winged Sliver with this if you can.
- Venom Sliver: Gives all your slivers deathtouch, making them all deadly.
- Pulmonic Sliver: Gives all your slivers flying as well as the ability to "revive them" by putting them on top of your library upon death.
- Bonescythe Sliver: Gives all double strike. Easy way to secure your combat advantage and double your damage potential all in one go.
- Sentinel Sliver: Provdes vigilance to all your slivers. I love this card personally and run 2x.
- Sliver Queen, Sliver Hivelord, Sliver Legion, Sliver Overlord: Your sliver gods. All expensive but provide crazy utility. Queen makes more sliver. Hivelord gives your guys indestructibility. Legion provides stat buffs. Overlord allows you to search your library for any sliver you want.
- Collected Company: Luckily most slivers are 3 and below the CMC cost, usually making CoCo a 2-for-1 card. In essence, consider this an instant that reads "play this whenever you want to have 2 more slivers on the board." Can be used for surprise blockers / increasing your board presence. You may find that lowering the CMC to 3 and below maximize the value of this card.
- Aether Vial: Get 4x of this if you can. It's very costly but extremely useful. Allows you summon free creatures essentially at instant speed. This will be your turn 1 most of the time move if possible.
3 months ago
Looks like your deck could use a little help. First I'd add sets of Sliver Hive and Unclaimed Territory to make your mana work a little easier. A set of Cavern of Souls would also help, but they're pretty expensive right now so I wouldn't fault you for not getting them. Next, I'd max out on 4-of the best slivers: Predatory Sliver, Manaweft Sliver, and I'd consider Sedge Sliver as well (you already have 4 Sinew Sliver, which is great!). Your 2x Spinneret Sliver and 2 of your Venom Slivers can be replaced with Galerider Sliver since flying is better than reach and lets your team get through more often. I'd cut the Diabolic Tutors since they're too slow for an aggressive deck like this and replace them with 2x Dismember and another Aether Vial if you can find one. If you really want the tutoring effect, 1 or 2 Homing Slivers would be better anyway.
If you'd like to see my Sliver deck, take a look here: Slivers beat Merfolk!
3 months ago
First off, gotta say thank you for the +1 on my deck. Welcome to commander, it's a fun format. Also, welcome to the tribe- Slivers are definitely in a class all their own. This can be both a good and a bad thing, but I digress. Here's one of my thoughts regarding your deck:
Since you have Scythe of the Wretched you could pair that up with Venom Sliver + Thorncaster Sliver. You could seriously reek havoc at the table. You could sub out Armor and Barbed Sliver for each of the previously mentioned. Mostly because well...Armor and Barbed Sliver are easily out shined by most newer slivers.
3 months ago
"My goal with the Sliver deck was to have a highly synergystic creature combo deck that wins by attacking with creatures for obscene, unblockable, sliver damage."
Just so we're clear, it sounds like you want to build an aggro deck. Yes? Well in that case, Overlord isn't exactly the choice for you. He's a great sliver, but he's not the only choice...and he's suited to more control/midrange decks. It sounds like Sliver Hivelord or Sliver Legion are the choices for you. Additionally, you'd want to put in some means for tutoring creatures i.e. Worldly Tutor. Additionally, you'll have to cut back on slivers to make room for more spells and enchantments that contribute to your wincon. Here are some recommended cuts:
Virulent Sliver > Shared Animosity. If you are hitting your opponent 10 times to kill them, then you're doing something wrong. Virulent just isn't worth the effort because much like Diffusion Sliver the ability needs to stack in order to be effective. But since you can only have one Virulent Sliver, it's just not worth including.
Metallic Mimic > Megantic Sliver. having more lords available to you is just best. Besides it's like a huge bomb going off when hitting the field. The icing on the cake is that it also has sweet promo art.
Amoeboid Changeling > Xenagos, God of Revels (or Magma Sliver) you don't necessarily have to stick to slivers only. There are other creatures out there that offer alot to your battle strategy. But Amoeboid isn't aggro based. It's strictly for synergy with Sliver Overlord which doesn't really fit your game plan.
4 months ago
Firewake Sliver might be better than blur sliver, and Venom Sliver works really well with your play set of striking slivers. One of my favorite slivers is Telekinetic Sliver because if you have enough slivers you can tap down their lands.