At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control a creature with power 4 or greater, draw a card.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Colossal Majesty occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Colossal Majesty Discussion
2 weeks ago
Since you are playing Tatyova, Benthic Druid what about Aesi, Tyrant of Gyre Strait . I dont know if you want the landfall ability in your deck but there are a lot more great inclusions to make in a simic deck. While being on this whole Landfall thingy, Pearl Lake Ancient works then very nice.
I think Reality Shift is not bad but Ravenform should be a better fit here, also there is Rapid Hybridization Since you are already playing big bad creatures what about a good ol' Hadana's Climb Flip Since you are short on removal what about big bad Terastodon , yes it will bounce back with your very flavourfull boardwhipe Whelming Wave but afterall, that's something good, so you can replay it ;) Dont underestimate the value of a Krosan Grip , Splitsecond can catch people on the wrong foot, interrupting combos.
Talking about Whelming Wave why not double down and put a Cyclonic Rift in there aswell? Or for flavour this guy: Kederekt Leviathan . Or something rather stupid: Aethersquall Ancient and since you are most likely to be behind on board i'd slam an Evacuation right in there aswell. And maybe even one River's Rebuke and a Coastal Breach even Inundate should be fine here.
Kodama of the East Tree seems like a good fit here, to cheat out some of the expensive stuff when you cast another one already, also works on lands. Something that works similar would be Imoti, Celebrant of Bounty . More on the topic cheating the mana cost, what about an Elvish Piper or a Quicksilver Amulet
Something protective is always good Thryx, the Sudden Storm
Your carddraw seems to be based on playing creatures with Garruk's Uprising and Elemental Bond (which is better in your deck because of it's Synergy with the tokens from Koma, Cosmos Serpent . But you can double down on that with cards like Guardian Project , Beast Whisperer , and The Great Henge . Colossal Majesty works similar to you but since you are ablte to include very high CMC stuff just slam a Zendikar Resurgent in there aswell.
Now to some more flavour which might not be good, but flavour you know? Kiora Bests the Sea God
and last something very special, you are already very high in CMC, why not double down and play a Keruga, the Macrosage , you can double down and play it as your companion, that'd be fun. You wont miss out on too much. A lot of it is also available in 3CMC like Disallow , Saw It Coming , Simic Locket or Search for Tomorrow Some cards have CMC 3 but you can still do stuff on turn 1 and 2 ;) but that's up to you and how much you want to go down that road of memes and shattered dreams.
Lands looks fine, but since you are able to untapp some lands, maybe use a Lotus Field or atleast a Castle Garenbrig . Since your Devotion can be very high at somepoint Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx but be worth it.
2 weeks ago
Raining Cats and Dogs Nice work bdodds, I think you have selected a handful of great cards but I'd think you could benefit from an earlier CatDog play and cheaper creatures to really start raining cats and dogs. Even without Aluren, every creature coming in with an extra token produces insane value. Especially considering your general's ability.
Below, I would like to outline 4 core concepts and considerations. Ramp, Creatures, Protection, Draw.
Ramp - Prioritizing cards that help you play Rin & Seri turn 3! Nature's Lore Rampant Growth Three Visits Boros Signet Selesnya Signet Gruul Signet Talisman of Conviction Talisman of Unity Talisman of Impulse Fellwar Stone This should be easy to replace the ramp packaging you already have. Look to cut cards like Explosive Vegetation, Chromatic Lantern, Obelisk of Naya, etc.
Creatures - Prioritizing 3CMC or less and upping your creature count to closer to 30! Think about adding creatures that fullfill multiple roles and allow you to run less other stuff. Qasali Pridemage is a great example cause it can pump a swinger +1/+1 as well as remove a pesky enchant or artifact.
Cheap Utility Kitties- Adorned Pouncer Brimaz, King of Oreskos Bronzehide Lion Initiate's Companion King of the Pride Leonin Relic-Warder Oreskos Explorer Pride Sovereign Qasali Ambusher I like the returners you have for multiple cast triggers too! Can get stupid with Aluren... Whitemane Lion Temur Sabertooth Fleetfoot Panther ? Snow Hound
Protection/Return - Build a huge board and keep it protected! Unbreakable Formation Rootborn Defenses Heroic Intervention Teferi's Protection Asceticism Marshal's Anthem Kindred Boon Akroma's Will Flawless Maneuver
Draw(ish) - The cheaper the cards in hand the more you gonna empty and wanna draw! Skullclamp Colossal Majesty Elemental Bond Beast Whisperer Fecundity Garruk's Uprising Descendants' Path Realmwalker Hunter's Insight Snake Umbra Lifecrafter's Bestiary Mentor of the Meek Guardian Project Return of the Wildspeaker Shamanic Revelation Slate of Ancestry Collective Unconscious Camaraderie
General good cards for Cat/Dog: Maskwood Nexus Mirror Entity Crib Swap Felidar Retreat Basilisk Collar Thousand-Year Elixir Rings of Brighthearth Seht's Tiger Shields of Velis Vel Naya Charm Kindred Summons Volatile Claws Beastmaster Ascension Titanic Ultimatum Hour of Reckoning Triumph of the Hordes Finale of Devastation Idyllic Tutor Winds of Abandon Lightning Greaves (secret lair dog art!) Coat of Arms Swiftfoot Boots Impact Tremors Rhythm of the Wild Aura Shards Shared Animosity Mirari's Wake Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip Any Cheap Changelings really...
2 weeks ago
4 mana for even 3 3/3 beast tokens is decent. Your current list already contains Arasta of the Endless Web , and I love that it can help start the loop with Ghost Town if you have the right setup. A couple other token generating spells for surprise factor are Ezuri's Predation , Fresh Meat , and Caller of the Claw .
Dawnglade Regent not necessarily a big finisher, but monarch is another nice way to get card draw and the hexproof for your creatures is nice. Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger is also nice, but a bit pricey.
The Tireless Tracker clues stick around so they're just there when you have spare mana that you don't want to go to waste which is again better than the one opportunity per landfall with Seer's Sundial and the tracker can get bigger as you sacrifice the clues. I especially like that the tokens trigger Kodama and if the land you put into play can tap for 2 mana you can sac a clue to draw a card which may draw you more land to put into play from Kodama triggers.
Quirion Ranger can help provide a clutch blocker or that one extra mana you need for some spell. I like that it helps you have more land in hand for landfall triggers off of Kodama. Since Ashaya makes your creatures into forests they can tap for mana so they all become targets for Quirion Ranger to untap.
Kamahl’s Will does seem like a decent fit for this deck as a way to go wide and removal. Territorial Scythecat seems okay similar to the running a Managorger Hydra but takes a bit to build up. Shifting Ceratops it has some versatility, but I'm not sure what you want this for in a landfall deck. Primeval Bounty is currently in your list here on tappedout. Branching Evolution not sure your strategy is putting a lot of counters on stuff, more dropping lots of tokens on the fiel. Fertilid synergizes well with Retreat to Kazandu . Garruk's Uprising again I don't think you're usually putting a lot of big creatures into play to benefit from the trigger. Court of Bounty seems better than Colossal Majesty and has an added benefit. Reclamation Sage is great, and I'm also interested in the new 2-drop Masked Vandal since it exiles stuff, and another budget tutor for these low cost utility creatures is Woodland Bellower .
=== other card options ===
- Shaman of Forgotten Ways can be a nice alternate way to win.
- Ancient Greenwarden it's Crucible of Worlds on a body, doubles landfall triggers, and has reach (I like referring to reach as dunking).
- Bramble Sovereign solid value, decent size body, can be used politically.
- Shared Summons solid budget tutor.
- Scapeshift could be game ending if you're getting the right landfall triggers.
- Regal Behemoth monarch and more mana.
- Mana Reflection MOAR MANA!
- Path of Discovery could help dig more land per Kodama trigger if landfall is generating token creatures.
- Blighted Woodland could be better than or just a nice addition to Myriad Landscape
- Greater Good is usually pretty solid card advantage in green especially if someone is about to deal with your commander or big bad or board wipe.
- Fecundity is great card advantage in go wide strategies if your deck runs a hand-full of sac outlets.
- Eldrazi Monument is fun if you can generate enough tokens or animate enough lands, just imagine a bunch of flying elemental forests that are indestructible beating down your opponents.
- Parallel Lives is much pricier than I remember.
- Evolutionary Leap is always a nice kind of card advantage in token decks, but still nice to sac non-tokens if they're about to die anyways.
- Beastmaster Ascension is a nice buff in wide strategies.
- Apex Altisaur could be a useful thing to get with your Magus to wipe out some creatures.
- Force of Vigor another great option for removal.
- Genesis Wave is always a solid way to spend lots of mana.
3 weeks ago
Sorry for the very lengthy reply. I just got swept up in this.
I've only played two games so my experience overall isn't going to tell me enough about how certain cards perform in various situations or if they're not synergizing enough with your strategy. I'm guessing you're on a budget. If your playgroup allows proxies, or money isn't an issue. Gaea's Cradle is always a great option in a deck that generates lots of token creatures, and you're already running Crop Rotation . The budget option to cradle though is Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip. When I began my 2nd game playing this deck I was very concerned since one opponent was running Angus Mackenzie which usually just neuters this kind of strategy. I mean I lost that game for other reasons, but if it had dragged on I probably would need a lot of luck to have instant speed removal for Angus and enough power to alpha strike or I'd just lose to forever fog. That's certainly an edge case, but a tad more removal could be helpful to rid yourself of problematic creatures or other effects. Song of the Dryads and Kenrith's Transformation are a couple of great options. The only other creature that doesn't do something like fight that shot to the front of my mind to get around Angus was Questing Beast .
However, simply looking at the list and thinking about good options in general I would say the following cards should be considered for replacement:
- Colossal Majesty its a bit slow compared to other green card draw. Sylvan Library is probably the best replacement if money is no issue. Beast Whisperer is decent and you can tutor it. There are great one-time effects considering the swarm you usually have like Shamanic Revelation and Regal Force . Harmonize is always a solid option. Oakhame Adversary is usually getting through because of deathtouch and you can always leave him as a blocker. Depending on your meta Runic Armasaur can net you plenty of cards.
- Liege of the Tangle feels like you'd be better off with something that helps finish the game the turn it enters the battlefield for this much mana. Craterhoof Behemoth or something like that would be nice, but if you're content with the pump that you get from Kamahl then perhaps Bane of Progress would be nice to wipe the pesky artifacts and enchantments. God-Eternal Rhonas is another decent buff to finish with. Great Oak Guardian could potentially be a finisher with your ability to turn lands into creatures and Temur Sabertooth as a way to recast the treefolk again and again.
- Nylea, Keen-Eyed I feel like she is a decent card, especially since she is indestructible, but her activated ability is pretty costly for only digging 1 card. I would prefer Duskwatch Recruiter Flip for this kind of effect and if it flips it does the cost reduction. If you're after an indestructible creature here then Rhonas the Indomitable is great for the deathtouch as a blocker or threat, and his pump + trample effect. For other nice cost reducers there's Emerald Medallion and Rhonas's Monument .
- Curious Herd was a dead card for me in one of my games where I drew it. I ended up discarding it when I ended a turn at 8 cards in hand. I can see that it has potential in some matchups, but its is a bit meta dependent. Arachnogenesis would probably be an upgrade in many cases, but again meta dependant.
- Magus of the Order I was surprised when I saw this in my hand because I didn't realize it had been printed. 2020 was a blur. However, as it stands there were not a lot of great targets for this to go tutor into play. Avenger, Nyxbloom, of Baloths were the primary options to me since Leige needs to swing and connect in order to do something and wait a turn before the lands can attack giving opponents a chance to wipe your board (including 8/8 lands). Actual Natural Order would be preferable since it is less telegraphed, but still need better finisher, utility, value to tutor for. Craterhoof, Bane of Progress, or maybe something like Apex Devastator for all the silly cascades.
- Roiling Regrowth -> Harrow (generally won't get countered so the additional cost on cast of sacrificing a land is a minimal risk) or if you want a body Springbloom Druid .
- Bow of Nylea it certainly has its utility, but something like Ohran Frostfang may be better for the deathtouch buff and supplemental card draw.
Other cards to consider:
- Skyshroud Claim it doesn't have the option to cycle, but untapped lands can really help in situations where you've doubled or tripled your mana produced.
- Zendikar Resurgent is just a great card.
- Eternal Witness works great with Temur Sabertooth and is generally just a great card.
- Overwhelming Stampede just a nice alternative finisher to Kamahl incase he's too expensive to get back on the field.
- Kogla, the Titan Ape not a lot of humans in your current iteration to have his bounce ability be useful like Temur Sabertooth , but he's still another way to fight a problematic creature and he can remove an artifact/enchantment per attack.
- Champion of Lambholt with so many token creatures you can get this up to a point where your creatures are unblockable.
- Soul of the Harvest is another solid source of incremental card draw.
- Triumph of the Hordes is a nice surprise finisher, especially against someone with near-infinite life.
- Carpet of Flowers meta dependent, but excellent ramp.
- Elder Gargaroth beefy, and has useful options every attack.
- Bellowing Tanglewurm since Kamahl already can pump, this can help get your alpha strike in.
- Kamahl, Fist of Krosa can just be a fun deterrent to board wipes if you have enough mana available to turn your opponent's lands into creatures in response.
- Oracle of Mul Daya just amazing for landfall theme.
- Gaea's Touch is a budget friendly option to help put more lands into play per turn, but they need to be basic forests.
- Tireless Tracker a bit grindy, but nice way to spend mana when you have nothing better to do. Also the treasure token trigger Kodama of the East Tree to allow you to put another land into play.
Some combo suggestions:
- Quirion Ranger + Ashaya, Soul of the Wild to use the ranger's ability to return the ranger and untap any other creature that can tap for mana to recast the range and repeat for infinite cast triggers, creature ETB triggers for other permanents that care, and "landfall" triggers. Scryb Ranger can also work if your "lands" produce an additional green or if you have a way to give them haste like Lightning Greaves or Concordant Crossroads .
- Cloudstone Curio + Kodama of the East Tree to put a land into play, bounce another land, resolve Kodama trigger to put that land back into play and bounce the first land for as many additional lands you can play per turn. This becomes infinite if you have a permanent that generates any kind of token on landfall trigger.
3 weeks ago
Modern-casual Gods support cards.
Cavern of Souls if you have money to burn
Colossal Majesty gives you some draw power, since Gods tend to have high power.
Neoform might be interesting, since all the blue and green Gods are 3-5 mana.
Keruga, the Macrosage would be cute as a companion. (Make sure you check the updated rules.)
1 month ago
2 months ago
Hey, good changes you've made by going with two colors, cutting black and adding more consistency with 4 ofs. Scrying Sheets with Snow-Covered lands is interesting. It wouldn't be my first choice if I was on a budget, but if you have the Sheets then play them.
You haven't changed the manabase after adding Farseek. You want a consistent turn two green source for Farseek since that's the best time in the game to cast Farseek. Having only 6 green sources in the manabase is not going to be enough for Farseek. My advice is cut some Mountains for Snow-Covered Forest s. Consistently you will need at least 12 sources of green in the manabase to cast a turn two Farseek therefore consider cutting some Mountains adding 6x Forests?
I think cutting Dragon's Hoard is a mistake since it's ramp that can also be repeatable draw later on. Coldsteel Heart or Colossal Majesty aren't better cards than Hoard with Dragons. Consider 4x Glorybringer; cutting 1x Crucible of Fire for 1x more Glorybringer? Being able to cast multiple Regents and Glorybringers in a row is how you're going to win. Atarka, World Render would do more than Moonveil Dragon ; double strike with Regents and Glorybringers.
I also think cutting Sarkhan's Triumph is a mistake because you have several 1 ofs of Dragons and Triumph can tutor for one of these Dragons. You can also take some more advantage of Triumph with other 1 of Dragons in the sideboard such as Stormbreath Dragon and Thundermaw Hellkite . Colossal Majesty isn't a better card than Triumph. Majesty is better as a sideboard card to replace some removal for more draw for matchups where the game is going to go longer than usual or your opponents have less creatures and more control.
Good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
Thanks! basically it plays out as 'I drop big things until you run out of removal, then I drop more big things'. I'm slowly making the deck better (at least I hope) by adding some enchantments like Colossal Majesty and Garruk's Uprising, as well I'm filtering out some of the early game cheese damage in favour of a more consistent and potent mid-late with things like Garruk, Unleashed and Chandra, Flame's Catalyst to let me access more and more beef. Gonna miss the turn 4 12/12 hydras but progress must be made!